The Mars Hydro FC-E4800 Sponsored Grow Journal: 3 Classic Strains In Soil

Thats a slap in the face from the beasties mate ,,
Your gold an Northern lights look great and an look good for flipping :ganjamon:

But glad you still have two live and healthy.
But for how long. I am the forums worst grower:laugh: I've killed more plants than a swarm of locusts. Fingers crossed though
think you have some options, I'd hate to see you toss them if it's something you can fix.
It is something I could fix, but I just hate pests. When we do our vegetable run, I may use a bit need oil, but I have been known to do to do same to those. Rip them out and burn them.
I'm gutted as the moby Auto wasn't far away. :confused:
hopefully your thrip problem went with them, and the 2 survivors stay bug-free... they're looking damn good right now!
I believe it has, they were riddled with them. Little buggers all over them. When I got them outside I could see them better in the natural light.
Thanks for the compliments, it means alot.:)
guess getting her to buy the lady bugs for you is out of the question then?
:laugh:I value my gonads, she has given me the odd boot between the legs over the years. So I will definitely avoid this one, thanks for the welcome back. Glad to be back in the community.
Just finished the morning bowl of PP, and I’m medicated for sure :Rasta:
That's one thing I can't do, a morning bowl. All my plans go out the window and I turn into a potato for the rest of the day:laugh:
this could be also a nice addition for your roots if HG unavailable
Thanks for the directions, I will order some anyway, can't have too many tools in the tool bix
I’d be maybe more worried about the medium where the larvaes usually form.
I noticed you using some premade compost?
It's definitely the medium mate. I change my clothes before I go in the room, all vents have fly screens on them.. it's a different compost to what I normally use. I couldn't get my usual stuff, so I had to get the cheaper brand.
Thanks for all the advice mate. It is an avenue I will go down if they return. I've covered the bases with honey aswell now. So if anything tries to climb up they are gona be stuck.. appreciate the input mate..
Thats a slap in the face from the beasties mate ,,
Your gold an Northern lights look great and an look good for flipping
Tell me about it, everyone is right though. I could have got it under control as I did the first time round. I just didn't want to take the risk of them reinfecting my two main plants.
I'm happy with the gold and the NL too mate, thanks for the compliments also.
They have been officially flipped :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Squigs - what you have left is looking superb and I'm sure they will use the space with that light
I'm with you on ditching affected plants... not worth mucking about with the risk
Hi mate. Thanks, I'm pretty happy too, as they have been abused since day 1, even before they were born, I stood on the seed packets :laugh:
It was a tough call ditching them, but I'm glad I did now. They were riddled.
Have you got any updates coming?

Hi mate. Thanks, I'm pretty happy too, as they have been abused since day 1, even before they were born, I stood on the seed packets :laugh:
It was a tough call ditching them, but I'm glad I did now. They were riddled.
Have you got any updates coming?
It's just weakish autos ripening/photo vegging limbo, so not much to report

I just look at the pictures anyway, I never bother reading what people write about their plants ;)
Of course you enjoy reading all the comments Paul, you can't fool me
I updated mine the other day but I can bung some more up with a bit more detail if you're sticking around for a while

Of course you enjoy reading all the comments Paul, you can't fool me
I updated mine the other day but I can bung some more up with a bit more detail if you're sticking around for a while
Damn, I thought I had you. I would be a pretty terrible moderator if I only looked at the photos :laugh:Yeah, I'm around until after 12, it's when the lights come back on and I want to check them out. So I will pop over to yours,
Milk and 2 sugars please

First sign of what ever i burn the batch.
Im done fighting wars.
Adding more bugs.
Or smoking bud i tried to save but never.
You did the right thing i say.
Im in doors like you and the thought of bugs running around.
Not for me and if she found out i would be banned from the house.
Beasty Update

Hi Everyone, hope you are all nicely medicated.
At the start of the grow, when the AG and NL were a few weeks, I noticed something munching on the leaves,
DSC_1311.JPG
but could i hek find what it was that was chewing them.
So, I used honey on every petiole and node
DSC_1318.JPG
to act as a sticky trap. The idea being to stop them migrating up the plant and it stopped the damage in its tracks. Even to this day, there is no further damage to either of them.

I did not treat the Blueberry or Moby Auto and when I had a look at them today, I found this
20220108_225342.jpg

Somethings munching on the un-honeyed ones. So I got the loop out and found a beasty. I managed to pick it off the leaf with a tooth pick dabbed in honey and I stuck it on a bit of vinyl so you can see it. It's a bit of a duff photo but you can see what it is under 60x
20220108_224457.jpg

Its a thrip.
So, because I don't want them spreading, I've took drastic action and bagged up the Moby and the Blueberry and threw them out.
A saying we use up north is "bugger that for a game of soldiers" I'm just not taking the risk or wasting my efforts trying to control them.
So, we are now down to two healthy plants
20220109_000132.jpg

I will Bee keeping a close eye on these, just incase.

So the conclusion is: I've killed two more plants but saved two with the magical powers of Bee juice. Also honey is a fully organic sticky trap, proven to work, as long as you don't have ants that is..

Thanks for looking in everyone, I always appreciate it..

Paul

Same here mate. She was doing her nut as soon as she heard i had beasties in the house.
Have you had much issues in the past with pests?
You share too much info! :ganjamon:

Same here mate. She was doing her nut as soon as she heard i had beasties in the house.
Have you had much issues in the past with pests?
Only the dam borg.
Hit me more than a few times.
Grow shops people picking up bags of soil.
Who have mites in and out the store etc.
I now take my time with anything shop bought or online.
Wash up well after i come out and never go in my tents till after the wash up.
Keep my pets out my grow space and room.
Stopped putting house plants in my tents also.
And the best one stopped going in my grow space all the time and leaving the tent open.
Lucky if my space gets opened twice aday.
Touch wood its been 3 years now since they last hit me. ;)

Only the dam borg.
And the best one stopped going in my grow space all the time and leaving the tent open.
Yep, all of the above

Only the dam borg.
The borg! Bugger that, I would have set fire to my tent if had those little blighters.
That's a good routine to have though and it shows its working.
I never gave it a thought to actually wash the bags of compost. They came from a garden centre, so it's a similar set up.
I do believe they are in the cheap soil still, as I'm ultra careful other ways. (Apart from washing the bags first)

I flippin hate beasties!!!
Thanks for the input mate.

I just look at the pictures anyway, I never bother reading what people write about their plants ;)
Hahaha I do the same if the typed post is multiple paragraphs long.... I got a 2 year old I don't have time to read all of anything.

Definitely yep to everything skunksta said. Have you ever had it bad and what was your course of action?
Fungus gnats and red spider mites, yes
Gnats - not too much bother; H2O2 on the coco & sticky traps at the base of the plant is enough to keep them at bay
Mites - I tried alcohol wipes, hosing off, whacking the humidity up, nicotine garlic and cayenne spray and eventually fumigation, but nothing really worked

Fungus gnats and red spider mites, yes
Gnats - not too much bother; H2O2 on the coco & sticky traps at the base of the plant is enough to keep them at bay
Mites - I tried alcohol wipes, hosing off, whacking the humidity up, nicotine garlic and cayenne spray and eventually fumigation, but nothing really worked
Oooh! That must have been a right chew on. Fumigation and it still didn't stop them. So I take it once you've got them your only choices are, put up with it or bin the entire grow, sanitise and start again.
Do fungus gnats damage the plants? I've never really read up about beasties, as I've never had them before. I just know what a thrip was from my grandad, in the green house. He used honey for everything. I thought it was an old man's tale, but it seems to work. It's just extremely time consuming treating each indervidual leaf. It was easier on his tomatoes plants as the aren't as densely packed.

Back
Top Bottom