The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me about 4 evenings but I finally finished all 155 pages. What a wild ride :reading420magazine: :nervous-guy:o_O

I'm just finishing up my first grow in coco and Canna A+B and I'll be starting my next with mega crop. I haven't seen much talk of coco here, mainly just @Old Salt and @Jack420.

When do you guys start feeding? and do you do any re/pre-charging? I'm considering reusing my coco from this grow after a good rinse, and wondering if in addition to some calmag, if I should add a 0.5g/gallon into my recharge mixture.

Did you try put it into the bucket while still in the bag?

yes. even considered putting the whole bag and all into a larger bucket. but both inner and outer bags were compromised. possibly by customs or delivery. the better solution was just to find another container.

It took me about 4 evenings but I finally finished all 155 pages. What a wild ride :reading420magazine: :nervous-guy:o_O

I'm just finishing up my first grow in coco and Canna A+B and I'll be starting my next with mega crop. I haven't seen much talk of coco here, mainly just @Old Salt and @Jack420.

When do you guys start feeding? and do you do any re/pre-charging? I'm considering reusing my coco from this grow after a good rinse, and wondering if in addition to some calmag, if I should add a 0.5g/gallon into my recharge mixture.

in hempy which is straight perlite. about as neutral as a media gets.
currently on MC alone. started with 1/2 recommended dose of a 1-0-0 cal mag, and dropped it early.

i'm not sure about charging the coco tho. would think either do it as normal, or just with a weak dose of the mc.

Awesome bluter. I usually only run 4 to 6 plants at a time. The thin green line is about to be crossed. Better then walking the green mile i suppose. Gracias mi amigo

Getting right with Jesus!

(that was for you, @MrsJack420 :laugh:)

think MC is actually aimed more to large commercial greenhouse type operations. the home market is probably just a happy sideline. have no actual proof though.

That's been my impression as well. Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you.

When do you guys start feeding? and do you do any re/pre-charging?

Make/recharge your coco with 1g/gal, properly ph'd. Start feeding immediately.

The following basics assume healthy plants:

- Day 1: 1g/gal

- Day 6: 2g/gal

- Day 12: 3g/gal

- Day 18: 4g/gal

- Day 24: 5g/gal

- Day 30+: 6g/gal

The above presumes healthy growth. That doesn't mean skyrocketing size, but healthy a plant. Some grow faster than others, and mediums can contribute to the speed of growth as well.

Read the leaves. If the plants ask for more, give it to them. If you start to burn the tips, back off by 1/2g/gal for one watering cycle. (For coco, or other frequent feeds, give it a couple days at the 1/2g less mark.)

This is a general, basic start. There are options (like if using RO, you may want a little calmag) to this, but you really don't need them for most cases.

yes. even considered putting the whole bag and all into a larger bucket. but both inner and outer bags were compromised. possibly by customs or delivery. the better solution was just to find another container.

in hempy which is straight perlite. about as neutral as a media gets.
currently on MC alone. started with 1/2 recommended dose of a 1-0-0 cal mag, and dropped it early.

i'm not sure about charging the coco tho. would think either do it as normal, or just with a weak dose of the mc.

I use the Canna Coco Bricks exclusively. I expand with RO water at pH 5.6, and run pH 5.6 RO water through it until the run off is at about pH 6.0. Let it sit overnight and drain. Water to about 50% run off with MC at 1gm/gal pH 6.0 for seedlings and cuttings. Water to 30% run off with Mega Crop for your current stage of growth, at the same pH you would use with your other nutrient line if you are up potting.

111 bags of 22lb/10kg each (1110kg 2442lbs) = 185,000 gallons at 6gm/gal.
@ 2 grows of 1.5Kg/grow we're talking 740 grows.
At 2 grows per year that will last 370 years.
If it is passed down to one family member as the previous generation departs, we'll have enough for the next 18 generations. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:laugh::laugh:
Using stoner math at 370 years/111 bags gives you 3.333 years or >6 grows per 22lb bag. At $64 per bag/ 6 grows = roughly $11 per grow. Even cheaper if u buy bulk. Definately worth a shot.

Starting a grow from seed using Ocean Forest (regular potting mix around the seed so it doesn't get burned), when do you think it would be a good starting point to begin using MC?
I would run 5 gallons of water through the soil then start at 1mg-gal at second set of leaves. That’s me though. Lol

Ohh Ohm's law how I hate thee.

Had to bug out of town for a bit. Watered the girls and headed out. Came back to find my breaker tripped and my garden in near ruin.

I immediately performed CPR (cursing pleading ranting). After a few days they perked back up. So everything seems to be ok....

Really wanted this biscotti to be beautiful. Now it's all yellered up and has crunchy bits lol. Ohh well it's about the journey good or bad. At least it survived and I can harvest next weekend.
IMG_20200117_162509827.jpgIMG_20200117_162518523.jpgIMG_20200117_162527820.jpg

The nugs themselves look to be fine.

IMG_20200115_063237752.jpg

What blew my breaker? Don't know.
I run my entire setup veg&flower off one single outlet. I am a watt Nazi and wield my killawatt with great care so I don't overload things but my last light addition may have sent me to close to the sun on wings of wax. Time to make some changes and get more efficient. My quantum strip light project being step one.

Hope all your gardens are green. (Mines not)

I have always had good results with the Ocean Forest for about 4 weeks, wouldn't it be better to let it go at least until then?.
I in turn haven’t had great luck with premixed soil. I get better growth when I started with a blank slate with just MC. I tried Ocean Forest on my first soil grow and my plants grew good for a month before I added any nutrients. I’m a little more of a control freak about knowing what is going in the soil. I’m not sure how long that bag has been in the store and if the soil is still good. I go back to I would wash it out and start with 1gm because I want to get fairly consistent results each time. 100 different growers 10000 different styles. Find what works for you.

Start feeding from day one it does well in coco here are my girls now there only a few weeks old o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom