Hola MegaCroppers...

Having a slight issue, looking for thoughts (cross-post from my RDWC journal):

---------------------------------------

Alrighty then.

First minor issue is DP:

F9A6B0B6-8AC9-400A-96C8-40E2B4298FAD.jpeg

3701FCAF-B4AB-42AD-91DD-06177E58E4C1.jpeg

44BFEBEE-74AD-41F7-B509-76BEB0013131.jpeg

This started when I had the MC dose at 3g/gal. (Plus 3ml each of CalMag and ProTeKt.)

I bumped the feed to 4g/gal (4ml/4ml) Saturday. No change.

Water is at a pH of 5.8, 71F, and EC is 1.8 (TDS 900, PPM 1260).

Air: 60%RH at 77F

I was thinking Mg def, but not 100% certain on that. Especially with the extra calmag supplement on top of 4g/gal of MC.

Next little issue is the GDP runt.

98093A45-C229-4307-8B20-3D94486EA812.jpeg
99A4BCAF-1E09-42ED-8E40-792529436255.jpeg

I'd say she needs more food, but yet she's so small and already on 4g/gal, same as the bigger girls.

She's still in a solo cup, so maybe she's getting bound up a bit?

My plan is to move her into a 3.5gal bucket Saturday.

-----------------------------

/end cross-post

Hola MegaCroppers...

---------------------------------------

Alrighty then.

First minor issue is DP:

F9A6B0B6-8AC9-400A-96C8-40E2B4298FAD.jpeg

3701FCAF-B4AB-42AD-91DD-06177E58E4C1.jpeg

44BFEBEE-74AD-41F7-B509-76BEB0013131.jpeg

This started when I had the MC dose at 3g/gal. (Plus 3ml each of CalMag and ProTeKt.)

Water is at a pH of 5.8, 71F, and EC is 1.8 (TDS 900, PPM 1260).

Air: 60%RH at 77F

I was thinking Mg def, but not 100% certain on that. Especially with the extra calmag supplement on top of 4g/gal of MC.

98093A45-C229-4307-8B20-3D94486EA812.jpeg
99A4BCAF-1E09-42ED-8E40-792529436255.jpeg

I'd say she needs more food, but yet she's so small and already on 4g/gal, same as the bigger girls.

My plan is to move her into a 3.5gal bucket Saturday.

-----------------------------

/end cross-post
New growth looks spot on though...I think your right, the red solo cup has been outgrown.

It only took 3 days to correct
The difference is in the footwear.
Has anyone here grown a lb plant with MC yet?
Here are the weights for my summer grow. Haven't made a pound yet, though I did get to 12.5 ounces not including the bud rot losses.
some of shedders plants must be in kilos
:)
Hola MegaCroppers...
First minor issue is DP:
I think you should go to 5g/gallon. That's a good sized plant
Root bound would be my guess, as BVB said.

New growth looks spot on though...I think your right, the red solo cup has been outgrown.

Root bound would be my guess, as BVB said.

That confirms my suspicions then. Maybe being a "red solo cup" is was expecting a beer base instead of RO?

:rofl:

Looks like the plan to up-pot in a couple days will be just in the nic of time then. She's short, and pretty dense though. The yellowing is on the bottom node, so those won't be around long anyway. :D

I think you should go to 5g/gallon. That's a good sized plant

I will be changing out the res within the next week, so will definitely be bumping then. I was slightly surprised to not see any change with the bump to 4g, but whatev. Guess I could always drain a couple gallons out and bump it up early, but if I'm changing the res anyway, I think it can make it until the next change, but if it starts to creep up a bit, there will be trouble. Right now it's still in the bottom nodes that are coming off for the QuadLine anyway.

Typically I change my res on Saturdays. This past Saturday I just bumped the feed up without a full change (water was still good, barely touched, and stable), but I'm counting that as a change.

But about 10 days from now, I'll be gone for 5 days, leaving the day before a res change. So I was thinking of pushing it from this Saturday until Wednesday. Then back to Saturday when I get back.

Is that dumb for a 50gal system? (Has an auto top-off with pH'd feed.)

You think I should go ahead with a week until the next change and bump the feed up again (like I did last Saturday)?

The other girls thankfully look alright, although there may be the very beginning of the same thing in the BD. Nice and verdant though. :D

FA01FAAF-86E6-497C-A7E5-A4F4CBCC8582.jpeg

d008dc5a-ec5c-4967-8ed7-efd1f8c2569e-jpeg.2020490

(Pics from Saturday.)

@West Hippie knows more about topping up a res, but I don't think I'd wait 10 days before trying to get ahead of it.

If 4g was still underfeeding then you wouldn't see a change. It's better to get in front of a deficiency than trying to chase it from behind.
One main problem I had in the 20 gallon reservoir it took longer to correct the problem! I was trying 5.8 like l did in the dwc I took it to 5.6 and the next day started correcting.
I top off everyday now in the flood&drain and the dwc . I record daily how much solids the girls took in or should I say uptake.

Hey guys, my batch of MC came in and I’m excited to use it. Before I go gung-ho with this shit on my garden I got some questions if the experts wouldn’t mine helping me. Bare with me as I’m pretty sure these questions have been answered already...
1. How early should I start feeding the seedlings? ..(right away or when I see 1st or 2nd set of true leaves?

2. What is the feeding schedule like for DWC in RO water? (like do I give a dose of MC everyday, every other day... once a week?) ... if it helps answer the question I do fresh res changes once a week or week and a half.

3. I’m definitely using hydroguard with MC. But will using any other bennies help at all? Just curious as I have left over nutrients from previous runs..either great white or tarantula is what I have laying around... tarantula has always been some good shit for me
thank you for reading through my gibberish and having the patience to answer my questions.:yummy:

Good morning mega crop masters!

I have a Blue Dream plant in week 4 of Flower. She is in a 5g fabric pot in Promix HP. She is a finicky girl and has given me problems at every turn since day one, I think her difficulty level of growing was a little over my head for my first grow so Ive kind of given up on any dreams (Blue ones aha) of grandeur with her.. Thus I would like to use her as a Guinea pig to test out my sample of mega crop by switching from the GH trio line. Good things happen to good people, maybe she'll blow up on it!

I am looking for a suggested serving size to start out at. I've been feeding her 1gallon of 4ml Calmag, 4ml micro, 5ml bloom and 1ml grow every other day currently which comes in about 900ppm. I was thinking 5g/gallon and up it . 5 per feed until 6g if all goes well. How much if any Calmag to add?

Here are some pics. Apologize for the quality my phone sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200108_0607320.jpg
    IMG_20200108_0607320.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200108_0607203.jpg
    IMG_20200108_0607203.jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200108_0607394.jpg
    IMG_20200108_0607394.jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 52

I have a Blue Dream plant in week 4 of Flower. She is in a 5g fabric pot in Promix HP. She is a finicky girl and has given me problems at every turn since day one, I think her difficulty level of growing was a little over my head for my first grow so Ive kind of given up on any dreams (Blue ones aha) of grandeur with her.. Thus I would like to use her as a Guinea pig to test out my sample of mega crop by switching from the GH trio line. Good things happen to good people, maybe she'll blow up on it!

I am looking for a suggested serving size to start out at. I've been feeding her 1gallon of 4ml Calmag, 4ml micro, 5ml bloom and 1ml grow every other day currently which comes in about 900ppm. I was thinking 5g/gallon and up it . 5 per feed until 6g if all goes well. How much if any Calmag to add?

Far from a MC master but I would cut the cal-Mag and come in at 5gm-gal. I think this would be a great start. You should be around 1300 ppm depending on your water at that feed.

Hey guys, my batch of MC came in and I’m excited to use it. Before I go gung-ho with this shit on my garden I got some questions if the experts wouldn’t mine helping me. Bare with me as I’m pretty sure these questions have been answered already...
1. How early should I start feeding the seedlings? ..(right away or when I see 1st or 2nd set of true leaves?

2. What is the feeding schedule like for DWC in RO water? (like do I give a dose of MC everyday, every other day... once a week?) ... if it helps answer the question I do fresh res changes once a week or week and a half.

3. I’m definitely using hydroguard with MC. But will using any other bennies help at all? Just curious as I have left over nutrients from previous runs..either great white or tarantula is what I have laying around... tarantula has always been some good shit for me
thank you for reading through my gibberish and having the patience to answer my questions.:yummy:

are you active ? ie: recirculating (rdwc)

start feeding when you would normally. i usually start at the first set.

change your res out when you normally would. feeding intervals and res changes happen at the same times as any other nute line. most growers determine that by the plants and experience. monitor your res, ppm, and ph levels in the same manner as always.

hydroguard and z7 should play nice with MC but h202 will not. only use h202 as a one shot and clear out the res deal for cleaning up the roots if you use it at all.

hope that helps :)

are you active ? ie: recirculating (rdwc)

start feeding when you would normally. i usually start at the first set.

change your res out when you normally would. feeding intervals and res changes happen at the same times as any other nute line. most growers determine that by the plants and experience. monitor your res, ppm, and ph levels in the same manner as always.

hydroguard and z7 should play nice with MC but h202 will not. only use h202 as a one shot and clear out the res deal for cleaning up the roots if you use it at all.

hope that helps :)
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!
Edit: sorry forgot to answer yiur question no these are individual DWC buckets with an air stone in em.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!
Edit: sorry forgot to answer yiur question no these are individual DWC buckets with an air stone in em.
same should still apply with the individual buckets.

have no idea on the tarantula or great white. the short answer is don't use anything that is not friendly in an organic environment. MC is not organic, it's vegan. sort of the neighbour across the hall from organic. that's why it works so well. things that would harm an organic grow will harm an MC grow.

for feed schedules, start with the gln online feed calculator and adjust from there. you do not have to cut back to half or less like other nute lines. start with recommended. keep a read on your plants and adjust up or down depending on colour and reaction.

some have reported needing a small amount of cal-mag depending on media and lighting. i am running a grow super hard on cal-mag ( hempy and cob ) and have not needed it at all. i am on only MC. otherwise zippo...

if adding other nutes etc. - - consult the online elemental calculator or risk blowing things up in spectacular style. MC is truly meant to be used alone. there is some debate. ignore it for now.

It depends on your medium. If it has any starter ferts in it, wait for the first set.

If it's soillless (Promix, Coco, Peat, etc) then start from day 1 at 1g/gal. On day 6, bump it to 2g/gal. Then bump it 1g/gal every week from there, give or take. Keep 'em in the verdant zone.

I soak my rapid rooters in 1g/gal even. If the medium is basically inert, it needs a tick of food from the start.

Add nutes to the new water when you change your res. Your top off water between changes shouldn't be full strength. Keep track of your starting EC/TDS/PPM, whichever you're comfortable with, and then know how much MC/gallon you need to add to top it back up.

It's no different than any other nutrient line in terms of when to use it.

If you're week 4 of flower, you would normally be at 6g/gal of MC. Since your other feed is a bit light for where you're at, I'd go with the above suggestion to do the first feed at 5g/gal, then the next one at 6g/gal.You probably what, about 2 days between feeds at this point?

Are these photos or autos? If photos, 5gal pots are a little small for Promix. Using 7 or even 10 for a photo would serve you better. I'm running an auto blue dream right now, and she's in a 7gal fabric pot with promix.

If you're using calmag as well, it would help to know what the NPK ratios are. I use CALiMAGic (which is 1-0-0) and it's cal % is like 5%+/- which is good for the amount of N. You have to watch your N-K ratio, and not exceed 1:3. MC on its own is just under 1:2 IIRC off the top of my head at 9:17 for N:K.

That being the case, in ProMix, this has been my entire feed mix (all credit for the mix to @farside05) :

Products:
- Pro-TeKt (DynaGro)
- CALiMAGic (Gen Hydro)
- MegaCrop

The formula is always the same per gallon.
1ml ProTeKt
1ml CALiMAGic
1g MegaCrop

Need 4g/gal MC? Use 4ml ProTeKt, 4ml CALiMAGic, 4g MegaCrop.

5g/gal? 5ml/5ml/5g.

Here is @farside05's schedule. I've been following it to the letter in promix:

full

One of his many posts in this thread about it:

@West Hippie knows more about topping up a res, but I don't think I'd wait 10 days before trying to get ahead of it.

I think I'm going to go ahead and either do a feed bump (take 3gal from the system, then add back 3gal with enough MC to up the feed to 5g/gal, like I did Saturday) or do a full, complete change. Either way, I'm bumping the feed today.

If 4g was still underfeeding then you wouldn't see a change. It's better to get in front of a deficiency than trying to chase it from behind.

Agreed. I should have seen some improvement or change if it were enough food. Up to the 5g mark they go.

One main problem I had in the 20 gallon reservoir it took longer to correct the problem! I was trying 5.8 like l did in the dwc I took it to 5.6 and the next day started correcting.
I top off everyday now in the flood&drain and the dwc . I record daily how much solids the girls took in or should I say uptake.

I'm running an auto top-off with 1/4 to 1/3 strength feed in it. It's not a very big top-off res though (10gal, holds about 8gal), so I will have to keep on top of it when they start drinking heavily.

I'm going to cut the silica this go and see if that helps keep the pH from drifting up so quick.

Since the res is looking good as a whole, I think I'll bump the feed up as described above. Then next week on Friday I'll do a full-drain res change before I have to leave. That will push me a day late on my next addition of Z7, but the hydroguard will bridge the gap I think. Res temps are pretty good and holding around 70F-72F 99% of the time.

Once I found (and fixed) that light leak on the initial blow up, I think we're good now and haven't had any signs of trouble since. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom