The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Why has it taken me so long to notice your red tree frog!
I had to take a double take, thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

See... all sorts of crazy critters roaming around the clover.

On a serious note, we have alot of lizards around here. I grab one now and then and toss them inside my shed. Sure, I find some desiccated critters when I clean things up, but I sure never see any bugs in there. Too bad I can't put a leash on them and tie one up to the base of each plant.

Why has it taken me so long to notice your red tree frog!
I had to take a double take, thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

Hahaha! They were Dale's. He bought them to scatter through his Tallandsia collection. Lol! When he died, and the Tillandsia all died with him, I dropped them into my cannabis collection. It's a bit of Dale whimsy that brings many a smile to my face. I have those little frogs in the most unlikely spots in the apartment. There's one that guards the box that I germinate seeds in.

I'm so pleased to learn they brightened your world up for a moment. That would have made Dale smile too. :battingeyelashes: :love:

See... all sorts of crazy critters roaming around the clover.

On a serious note, we have alot of lizards around here. I grab one now and then and toss them inside my shed. Sure, I find some desiccated critters when I clean things up, but I sure never see any bugs in there. Too bad I can't put a leash on them and tie one up to the base of each plant.

I had a cat in Texas that loved to torture the anoles. She'd clamp one under her paw then grab it with her teeth and toss it skyward, to chase it down for another round. Cats are such wild and sometimes heartless hunters who seem to delight in playing with the prey. Those little lizards were one of my private joys about West Texas. The lizards themselves, not the cat playing with them. :battingeyelashes:

Got a little Manx housecat that keeps them at bay indoors. On rare occasion I witness the messy 'joy' my cat is enjoying. Like surgical videos, I tend to look the other way. Had a mouse once... picked her up from the pound to deal with the issue. What a good fit in our world she is.

I got a great round Manx Cat that when we had a mouse she sort of looked at me and said "do tidy that rodent away, they will make a mess of things"

Yeah I caught the mouse, no help from the cats around here, damn city cats are too well fed if ya ask me.:circle-of-love:

Edit:My manx is a stumpy tail. Sorry for the 'Jack sue. Manx are a cool breed.

Got a little Manx housecat that keeps them at bay indoors. On rare occasion I witness the messy 'joy' my cat is enjoying. Like surgical videos, I tend to look the other way. Had a mouse once... picked her up from the pound to deal with the issue. What a good fit in our world she is.

A Manx! You are drawn to the exotic, aren't you? :laughtwo: One of our favorite cats was a Manx we rescued from a woman who found him injured in the Allegheny National Forest. Little Bob was such a joy. He used to hide under the step coming into the yard and grab at your ankles when you passed by. Little bugger. :laughtwo: Haven't thought of Bob in a long time. :love:

"Bob"
Of course.

I named mine "Nip" cause her 'tail got nipped off'. I still laugh a touch when I see her wag her nubbin.
They're a very interesting breed as cats go. Mine never made a single sound until about a year after we got her. It was a crazy moment when she first started making sounds. She's much noisier these days, but still very quiet compared to other breeds.

I got a great round Manx Cat

I've noticed quite a few of them that seem a bit roundish. Perhaps it's a trait of the breed.
We have a lot of art galleries in town. There was one down on Royal that had a manx as a shop cat. I'd walk past the window every morning and greet her as she lay sleeping among the art in the front window. Shop closed... cat went home... what a shame.

"Bob"
Of course.

I named mine "Nip" cause her 'tail got nipped off'. I still laugh a touch when I see her wag her nubbin.
They're a very interesting breed as cats go. Mine never made a single sound until about a year after we got her. It was a crazy moment when she first started making sounds. She's much noisier these days, but still very quiet compared to other breeds.

Yep, Bob barely made a noise, and when he did they were freaking cute as hell. :laughtwo: Arguably the most intelligent cat we ever raised, right ahead of the Maine Coon we lucked into from a friend that thought he was a female calico. Hahaha! I came hiome to catching him cleaning himself and wondered how anyone could have mistaken him for a female, so the confusion over breed didn't surprise me. :laughtwo:

I'll try and let this Pineapple Fields go as long as it wants.
0901162103a-1.jpg
0901162102a-1.jpg
0901162103b-1.jpg

Good day everyone!

flowerfarmer, what a beautiful foxtailing wonder. Thank you so much for indulging me. :hug::hug::hug: :love:

Wow Sue what did you do to her? Threaten her with roots up :rofl::rofl::rofl:, what ever she woke up :goodjob:

:laughtwo: I showed her pictures of Tead's girls and told her to get with it already. Lol! If I try another auto in hempy, and I may at some point because now I'm curious, I'll start in a more shallow pot and transplant her up very carefully. I really believe it's a medium better used with photos, since you're not tied to the limited time line. She's just at three weeks now, so I may be able to coax a decent harvest out of her. More so since I repaired the light (see the next post).

Light repair

A couple weeks ago I noticed that the Advanced LED panel was blinking on and off. There's no way of telling how long it's been going on, but it would explain why that tent hasn't done what I anticipated it would under this fabulous light. I contacted the good people at Advanced and they sent me out two new power supplies for the back Cree sections, assuring me it was a simple unplug/plug repair job.

image16710.jpeg

Yeah...... It's gonna be a little more complex than that. :straightface: At this point I almost took some pictures and came running to you guys to see if anyone had any expertise in this realm. Then I took another look and decided no way in hell was I going to believe I wasn't capable of doing this. So I got out my wire cutters and some new zip ties and went to work. When I was done it looked just like this, only with new parts replacing the bad. :blunt:

image16711.jpeg

Back in the tent and running at full tilt. I can see a noticeable difference here.

image16712.jpeg

With just the Crees on. I was shocked at how much more illumination I had. Apparently the unit was more compromised than I thought. This should make a dramatic difference from this point on.

image16713.jpeg

Feeling pretty proud of myself at the moment. This was work I always handed off to Dale, so I haven't tried anything along these lines for over 35 years. Not bad for an old broad. :battingeyelashes: :love:

A male calico is rare, about one in 3000. Most are female genetically.
My Manx is a Bob too only Bobie short for Barbara. She makes very little noise mostly when she is mad that her treats are not on time, even then not loud. She is very tough, barrel chested, and faster than she looks. And a just funny little thing.
:peace:

Bob hopped like a rabbit. Lol! When they found him he'd been hit by a car and it damaged his hips someway. I never had it checked out. Veterinary bills weren't in our budget. In the end those injuries cost him his life. I held him in my arms up to his dying breath. :love:

WTG on the light repair! And so neat too! My mostly Maine Coon helps me with trimming..might be why he's so fat :)
DSCF56393.JPG
DSCF56242.JPG

Thanks for the pictures mouser. He's a big one, to be sure. Our Pete was that long, but lean and muscular. We kept him for about 18 months. Then one day a friend of ours came to visit for the first time and Pete came from a distant corner of the house to lay down on Ed's feet and present his belly. I'd never seen anything like it before. Dale got really sick after that and we lost the house and had to find a home for Pete. Ed was the obvious choice. They were a perfect match. In the end it felt like I'd been keeping Pete at ready, waiting for Ed to come along.

Ed used to vacuum him every day to keep the fur under control. Pete would come running when he heard the vacuum cleaner go on and lay down to wait his turn. :laughtwo:

A comparison of the light before and after the repair. The top picture is before the repair.

image16714.jpeg

Same setting, after the repair.

image16713.jpeg

I think I should expect improvement in growth patterns.

My girl has the same face as Mouser.... and appears equally as lazy.

Nip1.jpg

Awww...... What a sweetie. :love:

Tead, while I have you here. I can't for the life of me find my Cal/Mg, and I haven't given any to my hempy girl. Do you have any alternatives I can use instead? It's hard to believe that I can lose that bottle in this tiny apartment with its wide-open spaces, but I managed to do just that. :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom