The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

I'd be remiss to neglect taking a moment to thank all those who gift their countries with military service. This widow of a Navy man and mother of an Army officer knows the magnitude of what you and your families endure. My heartfelt thanks for all you do.

:Namaste:

Nice work Sue. I still can't believe how dark these are...

I bet your kitchen smell lovely :)

You wouldn't believe how intense the smell is Chewey. :laughtwo: I step into the hall to head back to the kitchen and the smell smacks me in the face! Lol! This one has a stronger diesel tone, but her berry flavor is a bit sweeter than the others too. This suggests a stronger terpenoid expression. I'd say it's the light. Hmmmm........

My manners!........ Good morning, by the way. :hug: We have a strong Pennsylvania Dutch influence in Southwestern Pennsylvania and we do things backwards sometimes. :laughtwo:

Your ladies look great! Congrats on another successful harvest!

:hug::love::hug:

Thank you Fuzz. :hug::love::hug: Can you believe how dark they are? The soil obviously needs a recharge but the colors got darker every run. I need to figure out what caused that and accelerate it in the next soil mix.

I've been so busy studying soil sciences and reorganizing I feel like I'm losing touch with you guys. Extra hug.

Thank you Fuzz. :hug::love::hug: Can you believe how dark they are? The soil obviously needs a recharge but the colors got darker every run. I need to figure out what caused that and accelerate it in the next soil mix.

I've been so busy studying soil sciences and reorganizing I feel like I'm losing touch with you guys. Extra hug.

The color is amazing. I'm going to be really disappointed if neither of mine show purple. I just have to see this in person.

Looking good. I smoked some Dark Devil yesterday.

A new harvest :slide::party::slide:

IMG_135428.JPG

Congratulations on a marvelous harvest once again :bravo:

I have also been looking in on a site, they are passionate about weed.
I have it all in my files and found this:

This is an awesome solution you can make at home and feed your plants during the bud, flower, and fruiting stages of their growth cycle. During the changeover period from growing to flowering.
Now that we’re into flowering/fruiting, the natural farming method emphasizes Potassium to enhance qualities like taste and sweetness. To create the fruit extract.

How to Make:

Collect fruits. Any fruits can be used. In North America, you can use herbs, or weeds high in Potassium like Comfrey (also a good source of Phosphorus). For the beta-carotene, yellow/orange plants like Carrots, Squash, Pumpkin, etc. We really emphasize Potassium during this time so those plants high in that element are recommended. In Asia we use banana, squash, pumpkin, papaya, mango, jack fruit, pineapple. Citrus fruits should generally be avoided. Recommended “best” combination in Asia is a 1:blushsmile:1 mix of banana, squash, papaya. In the west it could be banana, squash, pumpkin.
TIP: if you are growing tomatoes, add tomatoes to the fruits to ferment! Get the plant-specific enzymes, nutrients, etc. Want nice big flowers? Use flowers! Want to help the budding stage? Use flower buds and after fermentation, use concoction during budding time! Ferment small growing fruits if you want to promote fruit growth to produce larger fruits.

Mix fruits 1:1 with sugar. E.g. if you gather 1kg of fruits, mash them up with 1 kg sugar (brown sugar being the best), or 1L of molasses.
Mash up this mixture – don’t use hands!
Add mixture to plastic jug and cover loosely.
It should ferment for 7-10 days.
TIP: 7-10 days is normal for fairly warm (25-30 Celsius) temperatures. In colder temperatures it might take longer. Don’t worry, if you leave it longer no problem.

If you start with 1kg fruits+1kg sugar, you’ll end up with 1.5L juice after fermentation.
Drain the juice after fermentation, into a glass/plastic jug for storage
Leave cap off! For first couple weeks to allow bubbling to finish, then cap it.

How to Use:

Add 1tbsp per gallon of water.

Plants
Apply as a foliar spray or soil drench. Apply during bloom phase and fruiting phase. Can make separate bloom formulas for each phase.

Strengthens plants during flower/fruiting
Enhances flavor and sweetness in fruits
Performs the same function as commercial bloom formulas but is 100% organic, does not burn plants

Congrats on the harvest sweet Sue the flowering girl and clones are also looking better

sent from the cave from my ismoke

"Interestingly, we all had a loss of appetite while high. Each of were about 2 hours late in noticing our regularly scheduled eating times - twice for my wife.

It's not for everyone, but a strain that takes away the munchies (apetite control) can come in handy for weight control."

A year ago I tried smoking cannabis to treat severe insomnia. Cough, cough, cough. Switched to a desktop Extreme vape, no munchies, good sleeps, lost 105 pounds. Cannabutter in Chai tea for a night-cap tops it off.
Happy Growing

Soil Building: LOS

I reached down, grabbed the stalk, wiggled it back and forth a few times and gave it a pull.

IMG_138234.JPG

IMG_138330.JPG

Doesnt look like much of a root system.....

IMG_138433.JPG

Until I started tearing the rest of the soil apart and found it filled with tiny roots.

IMG_138536.JPG

All broken up. I can see the need to do this every so many cycles. There was more compaction than I expected to find.

IMG_138631.JPG

I pulled together an amendment mix consisting of:
*1.5 cups of the CC-style nutrient mix
* 1 cup of the CC-style mineral mix
* 3 cups of strong comfrey water
* 1 cup neem meal
* 3/4 cup of Yum-Yum organic fertilizer mix
* 1 Tbs TM-7

IMG_139325.JPG

The comfrey drench was 2 Tbs comfrey root soaked in 2 cups of water and then blended to a liquid.

IMG_139424.JPG

Mix everything together and water well. The drench was a simple 5 ml of Agsil16, 1/4 tsp powdered limestone, and the gel milked from an aloe fillet blended into a gallon of water. I soaked it in slowly, in three stages, just the way Emmie recommends we water our cannabis. It's a practice I'm training myself to do consistently.

IMG_139630.JPG

Taking a trick from the HB crew I jammed a handful of leaves sprinkled with some Roots! and a bit more water into the soil mix. I'll check back in a couple days to see if the soil biota are active. This bin will sit for two months before being used.

IMG_139734.JPG

It'll hide out back here behind the recliner.

IMG_139826.JPG

I'll be ordering more EWC on Wednesday and get more soil built next weekend.

Time me to get the update posted. :ciao:

Daily Update: Friday, November 11, 2016

Good evening everyone. :love: Ready for a look see? Let's start in the flowering tent.

Carnival #2 (Day 108, Flip + 28, CAT + 3)

IMG_136631.JPG

IMG_137325.JPG

IMG_139231.JPG

IMG_139127.JPG

IMG_139027.JPG

Leaves notwithstanding, this is one impressive bush filled with blossoms getting ready to explode with trichomes. I'm real happy with how she's progressing. She got the Brix/Way Ahead foliar this morning before I started chopping up DDA4.

IMG_136729.JPG

Carn1 clone 2 (Day 35)

IMG_136835.JPG

IMG_136933.JPG

When I went to move clone 1 I realized the bottom of the pot is falling off. I'll need to get her potted into something better suited to the journey as soon as she dries out.

IMG_137039.JPG

Carn1 clone 1 (Day 35)

IMG_137134.JPG

IMG_137234.JPG

Into the auto tent.....

IMG_137538.JPG

IMG_137840.JPG

Train Wreck Auto (Day 21) Not quite ready to top. Don't know what she's thinking.

IMG_137638.JPG

She looks healthy as she can be, just not taking off yet.

Carn1 clone 4 (Day 29)

IMG_137740.JPG

Still waiting.

IMG_137932.JPG

The veg shelf, full of clones.

IMG_138037.JPG

At Day 17 since being potted Emerald's ready to begin some training.

IMG_138138.JPG

That's the end of the guided tour. Feel free to wander at will. Join the conversation and share a buzz.

:passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft:

I'm gonna hit something purple, or maybe a couple of purple things. :laughtwo: It's such a delight to have a harvest day, made even more special by being a DDA harvest. By the middle of next week I'll have a feel for the differences between the three plants. I'm getting awfully spoiled. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Continue on on your joyful journey. I'll be seeing you around the yards. :hug: :love:

:Namaste:

Hi Sue! :circle-of-love: :hug:

I learned that the weed I've been fighting for 10 years is actually a species of comfrey. It has small blue flowers so not Russian comfrey. Stuff is so invasive it took over a 5x20 border garden at my old house. I have one growing in my yard now that I'll try to keep contained.

I know they make great compost and draw nutrients from deep subsoil. What are the other benefits of this herb?

Sue, your brix concentrations are too high, that's why your leaves are going all wonky like that. If you're doing 1 mil per ounce of water, cut that in half to .5 mils per ounce of water. Oh and the wayahead should only be used a couple of times in flower, not with every brix spray :)

Thank you so much Cannatard. :hug: :love: I've been waiting for you to peek in here and give me your thoughts. I'll make the adjustment with the next Brix. And special thanks about the Way Ahead. I'd asked a couple times about it and that question kept getting overlooked. She's only had the Way Ahead used twice, the first time right after she flipped and then the other day. Is there a timing I'm shooting for with the WA? Possibly following a CAT?

Good morning everyone :love:

I'm getting ready to head out for my river walk, but I wanted to touch base before I run out. First off..... Morning Birdie. :hug: and thank you for giving KR the information link.

KR, they call comfrey Knitbone because it will literally knit the broken bones back together in record time, from the cellular level. You can heal sprains, breaks, diabetic ulcers, any skin condition (hmmmmm.... never tried with psoriasis) and can be taken, with caution, internally to help with intestinal distress and digestive issues.

I consider comfrey the second most powerful herb available in the healing toolbox.

It also makes the best plant-based soil amendment next to stinging nettle. You can run an entire grow using comfrey as the singular additive for your plants and harvest respectable yields, something I'm hoping to benefit from, although I'll be using other additives as well. Comfrey and stinging nettle will become my additives of choice for my smaller pots of LOS.

Canyon, a true cultivator of high-quality Cannabis never has enough light. :laughtwo: You know I'll encourage you to get the new panels and surround those charges of yours in a universe of light. Lol!

I'll be back later. Love you all. Now get out there and make the universe sparkle with the inclusion of all that joy bubbling up inside you. Let it out people. Spread that joy far and wide. :hug: :love:

Thank you so much Cannatard. :hug: :love: I've been waiting for you to peek in here and give me your thoughts. I'll make the adjustment with the next Brix. And special thanks about the Way Ahead. I'd asked a couple times about it and that question kept getting overlooked. She's only had the Way Ahead used twice, the first time right after she flipped and then the other day. Is there a timing I'm shooting for with the WA? Possibly following a CAT?

Ive only used it later in flower, around the same time as recharge and OG drenches (if youre using it). After the cat drenches, they'll start going crazy with growth, stretching and all that good stuff. When the party's over, they hit a flat spot and start looking sad. This is when you use the recharge and optional OG drench and wayahead. Now if your plants are more landrace than OG, you shouldn't need either one really. Brix is some strong stuff to begin with so when you add the wayahead, its like putting a turbo on a gocart, it sounds cool but death is inevitable hahaha!!! Ease into things in the kit before going all out with them cuz in most cases a little goes a long way :)

Back
Top Bottom