The Phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit: Starring Barney's Farm Gorilla Zkittelz, Phantom OG & Supporting Cast

Hey GG those girls are really starting to fill out nicely you will have bud sites everywhere in no time.

I'm glad your daughter is feeling better hope all is well with your family

Those new Mars lights look sweet I'm looking to add a another led to my tent. I have a 315 cmh and a hlg 135 in there now the only thing is the hlg is 4000k and I'm not so sure that's a very good spectrum for flower. Hoping to get a hlg 260 3000k or a second hlg 135 3000k.
Thanks n420 , only just seen the comment , sorry for late response but thank you she is an evil princess with full power again now , i am again , at her service .lol

Do love me some barneys as they can make clumsy sods like me look like I have a clue with the forgiving genetics . heehee
Genuinely didnt expect the L.e.d to be as good as they turned out to be.

Update : Transition Day 4 (+35 days veg)
The forest is full to the edge of light now with only tiny gaps through to the pots. so need another defol but waiting till the stretch has finished( and 1st flowers visible) They are steady so far but Gz #1 is trying to go higher , quicker too. If i didnt know there were Quadlined plants hidden in the jungle, i would assume they were just bushy. Will be good to see how well they flower once all that leaf is mulch. . When i part the canopy and look down , the quads have worked well. lots of stems and mains on them with not too much smaller growth except within the centre but hopefully this will allow them to burst up too. I have convinced myself i spotted 1 or 2 female hairs among all the searching too.( wishful thinking lol) The clawing hasnt gotten any worse and i am convinced it was more heat now.
Orange sherbet is living up to expectations and is covered in budsites. She looks like she could ensnare briar fox though with her twists and threading.
Phantom is also very full of sites . i can see why the yield is sold as high if the potential now is any indication. I wish i had height to really push this lady as Prof has with a few of his. I am confident that she will quadline heavy too.
Gorillas are brilliant and doing as expected still. cant wait to crumble them into a joint.
Bg41 is a good buy so far. she will be impressive and is throwing growth tips all over her structure that will make the canopy easily.
Cookie Kush is def limited by her plastic bucket and i am sure she will be filling her root zone too. she is a little smaller but being a Kush will no doubt come running to the finish line with a good yield. do love a good kush.
I have tried to shownseperate plants in the overhead pics but it is harder than it looks as they all want to be the most famous and reach into each other a little already. I am aiming to keep them all peaceful and accommodating of their swelling neighbours but think this will be more fun than i have given myself skill for.!!!!!
Roll on those 60 Oz harvests!!!
20190702_155528.jpg
20190702_155519.jpg
20190702_155303.jpg
20190702_155226.jpg
20190702_155121.jpg
20190702_154848.jpg
20190702_154800.jpg
20190702_154721.jpg
20190702_154643.jpg

Beautiful crop you've got going on there GG-They sure filled that room up fast!
but think this will be more fun than i have given myself skill for.!!!!!
By the time they're done,you'll definitely have the skills....
Those LED's (and you) are doing a great job !
Another cool thing about the led's-they sure make for some great pics.

Beautiful crop you've got going on there GG-They sure filled that room up fast!

By the time they're done,you'll definitely have the skills....
Those LED's (and you) are doing a great job !
Another cool thing about the led's-they sure make for some great pics.
Cheers Cass , a very positive and welcome comment. Seeing the recovery and the speedy leaf regrowth reminded me of the Liberty Haze from my last run. she was an accidental quad and i held her back from flower waiting for seedlings to catch up before i flipped. i used the defol and quadline to slow it down. once i flipped them , she went mental and grew to nearly 25% of the space and light. Now i have 9 doing similar but thankfully with less veg time !!! 9 x 25% definitely doesnt work. lol . i am getting a machete to help me get round mid flowering and will tie string to the entrance of the tent so i can find my way back out .!!!
roll on next defoliation so i can see some order back in the room. will feel more relaxed once they set their stall out for their final push. Been enjoying your journal too mate. looking great and proving it isnt about the overspending that creates the best plants and results. would love to " no till" at some point to this end also. wading through all the snake oil products to grow a natural occuring plant that in nature can perform miracles in size is madness !!. A very lucrative and profitable business when the market is still run by myths , bro science and out and out "jesus will dance from each bud" claims. great Job Carcass. Always welcome mate

quick photo update...
transition day 4 and i have pistols !!!
A few of the Gz and Os have their beautiful teen plummage starting to show out. I am suprised at so early but these lights are pulling it out the bag for me it seems. Penetration is good so far and they are covering well. Roll on the stretch ending so i can open them up again. There is a lot of leaf and i have great airflow but want the rh down too
20190703_110542.jpg
20190703_110221.jpg
20190703_110021.jpg
20190703_105740.jpg
20190703_105458.jpg
20190703_105447.jpg

Wow! Things are moving fast in here! Lol. I bet you don't make it to the end of stretch before getting the snips out. I think I ended up losing my cool by day 15. Looking epic GG!
killing me seeing the quads disappearing now never mind another 12 days.lol seeing the pistils
starting to show up on a few is keeping me calm and steady atm but... lol
I am impressed with the whole lot so far. i am glad i went with variety but makes it harder to pick a favourite. same with the kids except they will outdo each other to be top favourite. !!. heehee.
The oatuence for growing is the most underrated skill and method never discussed on here.
The Os is impressive and i pray she will take yours as an exampke to aspire to. I keep showing her pics of tours and commenting how beautiful she looks in her presence too. hoping jelousy works !!! On 3rd marriage so my tactics might not be foolproof ?
What are the risks of defol too early beside overstress to hermie ?

killing me seeing the quads disappearing now never mind another 12 days.lol seeing the pistils
starting to show up on a few is keeping me calm and steady atm but... lol
I am impressed with the whole lot so far. i am glad i went with variety but makes it harder to pick a favourite. same with the kids except they will outdo each other to be top favourite. !!. heehee.
The oatuence for growing is the most underrated skill and method never discussed on here.
The Os is impressive and i pray she will take yours as an exampke to aspire to. I keep showing her pics of tours and commenting how beautiful she looks in her presence too. hoping jelousy works !!! On 3rd marriage so my tactics might not be foolproof ?
What are the risks of defol too early beside overstress to hermie ?
Lol. Oh GG, I've only been gone 2 days and I was missing you already. I don't think that there are any risks with an early defol other than potentially stunting a plants growth. Sometimes it can be beneficial to stop a plant growing upwards and defoliation is one way of doing it. My OS looked like she'd pretty much stopped growing upwards around the second week after flipping to flower and was in full flowering mode by the end of the third week. I don't think that I stunted her much with the trim at day 15. If I had known what they were both going to finish up like then I'd have probably tried to control the GZ with an early trim as well.

fantastic plants GG filling out beautifully. The under skirt shots are sweet

I'm looking to do a defoilation on my OS soon Its at the beginning of week 3 of flower and I have 5 of them in 5 gallon pots. The canopy is so thick and is wall to wall. How heavy of a defoil should I do? I want to be able to get the lower stuff to develop alot more and the way it is now it won't turn into much

Lol. Oh GG, I've only been gone 2 days and I was missing you already. I don't think that there are any risks with an early defol other than potentially stunting a plants growth. Sometimes it can be beneficial to stop a plant growing upwards and defoliation is one way of doing it. My OS looked like she'd pretty much stopped growing upwards around the second week after flipping to flower and was in full flowering mode by the end of the third week. I don't think that I stunted her much with the trim at day 15. If I had known what they were both going to finish up like then I'd have probably tried to control the GZ with an early trim as well.
Thanks Prof , makes sense and tbh Gz #1 is getting plucked with that very fact in mind. She is now going big in her intentions it seems. wants to tower over her cousins by a clear margin. Will be trimming her and the Hulkberry to keep things managable. Os and pog will need similar too i think. Bg seems happy , steadily growing with the stretch along with the other Gz's and cookie. On advice from quad pros , i need to get the second ,lower, inner nodes out too to make sure of room for the bud growth without cramming. Once i have stripped out i can decide who needs to be whipped away. I am going to clone Gz#1 , Pog and O,s and keep them mothering while i do the auto run in 20/4 i think. Gives them a good 4-5 months of growth though so will be work to keep them happy and managable. Depends on what i have to take out , hate just wasting good cuttings material and too late to throw some i a guerrilla grow too.
More than happy with where i am at so far. Now the fun begins !!. Am so impressed with your girls mate. makes me even more derermined to ace this one seeing what they can do. Thank you for the inspiration and support Prof and the same goes to ALL of you here. These journals would be pointless without you all to chat and brainstorm with. Thanks for being great 420 members and people. have a green and pleasant day.

fantastic plants GG filling out beautifully. The under skirt shots are sweet

I'm looking to do a defoilation on my OS soon Its at the beginning of week 3 of flower and I have 5 of them in 5 gallon pots. The canopy is so thick and is wall to wall. How heavy of a defoil should I do? I want to be able to get the lower stuff to develop alot more and the way it is now it won't turn into much
I think for me , a fairly brutal fan leaf removal to open up the whole quad once stretch has slowed enough. I did a brutal one with my Pc in last grow and she replaced everything during early flowering week 4. I did it at the wrong time though and did stop her stretch dead i feel, so will now use beginning of week 3 if is slow enough. The smaller , less blocking leaves can stay but i intend to get light onto the actual stem middle too if possible. This also means airflow can move through easier too.
I know how you feel with the Os. Have you seen prof floras girl ? Huge beasts and need taming a lot it seem. If she is going big then strip the shit out of her to take some her growth factories away. The smaller leaves will easily keep bud production going well and soon refill the spaces with their growth. I wont take any after week 4 ends though and use tucking if needed from that point. hopefully the quads also help to keep bud development at max from light access.
i cant find your journal 420. not in your sig but i am sure I was on it before ?

Thanks for the advice will probably do a leaf strip this weekend as I'm pretty sure the stretch has stopped, one thing I will say is the OS kicks herself into flower quick.

I have been following along on Prof's journal and saw he did a pretty good leaf strip maybe more then I thought I could take but they haven't slowed down at all from what I've seen.

I do not have a current journal going but have been thinking about starting one for the OS It might be a little late but better late then never. I can tag you when I get it going

Thanks for the advice will probably do a leaf strip this weekend as I'm pretty sure the stretch has stopped, one thing I will say is the OS kicks herself into flower quick.

I have been following along on Prof's journal and saw he did a pretty good leaf strip maybe more then I thought I could take but they haven't slowed down at all from what I've seen.

I do not have a current journal going but have been thinking about starting one for the OS It might be a little late but better late then never. I can tag you when I get it going
Sounds good mate. will happily get on it with you. It is surprising how well the Os get going. when i look inside to check the quads , it is a barbed wire no mans land if shoots snd hopeful tips. I think quads may not be the best method for her vigorous natural structure either. Profs girl is not messed with too much and is going great guns and looking like a yielder. My girl has a lot of potential and i am hoping a decent defol next week ( fri hopefully !) and popcorn strip out will help her shine. Seeing small genitals hanging out ( oooooer missus!) all over but not bud starts yet. definately stretching still and new growth has that " not sure if i am a bud or growing tip" about it , so close to beginning flower. I am going to try the shogun range of nutes this run too. I only used Golden tree for my last one and although happy with the yield , i know i can do way better with additives involved too. These ones have some great reviews so am looking forward to pushing her to a prof worthy yield.
Looking forward to seeing the Os mate. you could happily post pics/updates on mine as its a barneys too or maybe on profs community one. Would save you playing catch up and still give you some great "progress" pics. more than welcome N420

All caught up GG. Going to look epic once those colas start forming.
Thanks Lewy. Hoping i am up to the "constant reshuffling to fit it all in" challenge now. lol
Hope you will feel welcome and i am more than open to thoughts , ideas and general spunk-trumpeting to aid in the passing of time while we wait to see what this produces. Grab a comfy seat mate , waiter will be over shortly for your order:welcome::yahoo::passitleft:

Update Transition Day 9: Hi all , its time for a proper update of these amazing Barneys farm girls. I am hoping i am not too far from hearing the fat ladies sing , with a great harvest of the best strains i have ever grown to date. Looking over the complete canopy and knowing what is going on beneath with their quadlines gives me a tingle of excitement and fear rolled into one. Each time i unzip the flap to the grow it looks slightly different. They are well into their stretch now and keeping them even is proving to be a constant tinkle to do. cant beat a good tinkle !. Waiting to be able to defol and strip out the small hidden away growth is killing me. lol
Prof Flora has given me some serious food for thought now on the defoliation debate and how buds do not need direct light on their surface to prosper amd will in fact benefit more from the leaves keeping production at max. This is a thought that haunted me before i
started the practice a long while back as a set method. Watching them re grow all of the stripped leaves repeatedly does beg the questions " Is the energy to replace them wasted ?" , " Aside from more airflow , is there definitive evidence that it is because of removing leaves and getting lights to actual bud , yield increases ?. All the leaves will do the job but the bigger fans do it on a grander scale so my original thoughts are now in turmoil around is it a vital factor to bigger yields using quadlining ?. Stripping growth that wont make the canopy still makes a lot of sense but defol needs a little more thought for how much i need to lose. I use fans effectively within the lower zone so airflow is throughout the foliage and my rh has been fairly good for so much leaf around (56%-75%).
Now down to these girls.
BLUE GELATO 41 has been performing well under the canopy , she has tons of growth that needs to see some light ( despite above comments) She does have her Pistils starting to pop out at her nodes so she is certainly a lady. I am happy with her progress and she is setting up to be a good yield i think.
PHANTOM.O.G is continuing to go large. getting to see her structure when i tidy her up a little was encouraging. she has good sized quadlines and her auxiliary shoots are rising to the occasion and growing with her well. She is also showing hairs about her structure to tempt any pollen. She is a bushy girl that should give some nice sized buds hopefully. I love this strain so far . Go Pog !!!.
20190706_165540.jpg
20190707_113830.jpg

ORANGE SHERBET another star in the making. All the fears I had over her mutation have gone. She is a great grower so far. Her structure is alittle bit of a tangle affair so i wonder if growing her in a less complicated form would suit her better. I think i will be stripping a fair few shoots out of her for her final flowering stage. opening her up is a must do i reckon. I think she could get very hard to squeeze her i to growing space as opposed to giving her lots of room to spread out. I think she has the potential to grow very wide and thick like Liberty haze does. She is looking and feeling healthy as she should. cant praise her enough.
20190706_200151.jpg
20190706_200336.jpg

COOKIE KUSH is still a Kush so far.lol she is a bit smaller still than her friends but has a lot if growth on her inner structure. She will be easier to work with and find her potential once i can get the stretch out the way. I am hopeful but not too confident of her end result and think she may struggle to keep up with the other strains. fingers crossed i am wrong and her Kush sneakiness will just appear one day as other i have grown have.
20190706_162019.jpg
20190706_162334.jpg

The New Forest last night.
20190707_113715.jpg

(cont...)

Attachments

• 20190706_200336.jpg
    20190706_200336.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20190706_164343.jpg
    20190706_164343.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 29
Even with the stretch,that canopy looks just about perfect-
Good job on keeping it nice and even-all your tinkeling(?) is paying off!
The plants look so good-It's obvious from your commentary that you
know your plants well-all their little quirks and whatnot-that's pretty
much how I am with mine-I think it makes Mrs. carcass a little jealous sometimes...;)

Transition Day 9 (cont..)
GORILLA ZKITTELZ #1 WOW this girl is by far the biggest in the room. She even outsizes the 3 month old Hulkberry. Her inner limbs are thick and long and she has do many sites growing that i will have to thin her out to keep her productive i think. she could easily bully her way into the best growing position and i have had to supercrop a few of her mains to keep her lower. Her stretch is huge so far and no signs of stopping yet. she is covered i pistils but no actual flowers yet. I split her stem quite brutally by the look of it , her repair looks amazing up close and yet she is still the biggest and in a shopping bag for a pot too !!! Her pheno is a keeper for sure and i know she will be the highest yielder but i cant take clones and keep them anywhere long term damn it.lol
20190706_160537.jpg
20190706_155806.jpg
20190706_160532.jpg

GZ#2 is growing out nicely and looks happy to be quadlined. Thickening up nicely on her limbs too. So far she has been no trouble at all besides a split here and there.
20190706_155707.jpg

GZ#3 looks to be the same pheno as #2. Her size is the same and her thinner structure more sativa too. She has been easy to work with so far.
20190706_162637.jpg
20190706_163456.jpg

GZ#4 The chubby one.lol Her leaves are slightly wider than the other 3 and i would say she looks more indica. Lots of growing tips and potential for a nice quadlined yielder.
20190706_153717.jpg
20190706_152521.jpg
20190707_113833.jpg
There is a general tackiness to the leaves now when i pluck or work on them so i am dying to see how sticky they really get.
Overall i am pleased with this weeks progress and cannot wait to het to the next cycle and flowering. I will be trying out some shogun additives to bulk the buds up as best i can and plan on this grow being my best ever for yield , quality and fun community spirit along the way. Loving the company present already and welcome anyone to join the fun. Roll on decent bud shots instead of so much leaf and stem. sorry for the long one but needed a decent offload of where i am at. catch you all soon
Peace and blessings GG.

Even with the stretch,that canopy looks just about perfect-
Good job on keeping it nice and even-all your tinkeling(?) is paying off!
The plants look so good-It's obvious from your commentary that you
know your plants well-all their little quirks and whatnot-that's pretty
much how I am with mine-I think it makes Mrs. carcass a little jealous sometimes...;)
I know that one mate. Mrs Gg doesnt get my passion and constant prattle about nodes and auxins.lol My time is so stretched sometimes with 3 girls and Mrs Gg to please too , i wonder who i pissed off in my last life.heehee. Thanks for the positives Cass , good to keep interest at this stage , thankyou. Feeling good about this one :passitleft::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom