The Red Cup!

Hey Leo, newb question.... Is there any specific type of clone gel or does it matter? Also, can I not clone my cuttings on my autos as long as they stay on same schedule as their mother plant. TIA
Everything I've read on cloning says your clipping is the same age as the plant you took it off, so autos having a specific life line shouldn't be cloned, if you take the clone on day 60 out of a 90 day life expectancy, in 30 days its gonna flower no matter what, and 30 days isn't enough for a clone to properly grow. And as for a specific gel or powder, I've seen people successful with all different types. I use clonex and have literally had a 100% success rate nothing crazy but 5/5 for a beginner ain't bad lol.

Everything I've read on cloning says your clipping is the same age as the plant you took it off, so autos having a specific life line shouldn't be cloned, if you take the clone on day 60 out of a 90 day life expectancy, in 30 days its gonna flower no matter what, and 30 days isn't enough for a clone to properly grow. And as for a specific gel or powder, I've seen people successful with all different types. I use clonex and have literally had a 100% success rate nothing crazy but 5/5 for a beginner ain't bad lol.
Well that's unfortunate.... I'm only doing autos for now.

Hey Leo, newb question.... Is there any specific type of clone gel or does it matter? Also, can I not clone my cuttings on my autos as long as they stay on same schedule as their mother plant. TIA

Clone or powder or both, its your choice. Some people do both. As for Autos, i have no clue. I would google, "Can I clone Auto Flowering Cannabis?"

Hi cloner people! ;)
Just looking for a little advice. I want to clone, but both tents are in flower. I may not have a veg tent available for another 6 weeks. And at that point will only have girls in flower. I'm toying with the idea of trying to clone from a flowering lady, and I know it's not recommended but it will be all that is available. I may have to wait and grow from seed in order to get clones from a vegging lady.
In any event, how much lead time should I allow from cutting a clone until it has to go to veg tent? I may even try the solo cup complete grow too, but not this go around.
Any help you guys can offer will be appreciated!
Thanks!

Clone or powder or both, its your choice. Some people do both. As for Autos, i have no clue. I would google, "Can I clone Auto Flowering Cannabis?"
Thanks. Yeah I've googled it and there's just not any definitive answers....

Hi cloner people! ;)
Just looking for a little advice. I want to clone, but both tents are in flower. I may not have a veg tent available for another 6 weeks. And at that point will only have girls in flower. I'm toying with the idea of trying to clone from a flowering lady, and I know it's not recommended but it will be all that is available. I may have to wait and grow from seed in order to get clones from a vegging lady.
In any event, how much lead time should I allow from cutting a clone until it has to go to veg tent? I may even try the solo cup complete grow too, but not this go around.
Thanks!

Hey snarly, I'm pretty sure a lot of us took clones from our flowering ladies it's just slows them down a little when you put them back into veg I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I as well only have a flower area right now and no veg tent so I'm wondering how that will affect my clone. Working on building a veg box with cfls for it but need some cash first hehe

Hi cloner people! ;)
Thanks!

You can clone from flower up til week 3 i believe. You can do what Leo did and build a single plant cab with CFL. They even have an LED that will fit a T5 fixture. Its on you Snarly, are you ready to make the commitment...?
;-)

You can clone from flower up til week 3 i believe. You can do what Leo did and build a single plant cab with CFL. They even have an LED that will fit a T5 fixture. Its on you Snarly, are you ready to make the commitment...?
;-)
I actually have a spare tent that I am using now to hang and dry. My problem is that I have reached the maximum electrical capacity in my grow area. I can't even plug in a warming pad for seedling/clone tray without tripping a breaker. Yesterday I had to move my security cam system cause I found out it was on same circuit as grow room and was tripping daily. That is solved now, but there is no way I am going to try to plug in even a USB adapter at this point :)
So I guess it's just another waiting game for me :thumb:
Thanks for the suggestions though

420-magazine-mobile1270303516.jpg

Strawberry cough solo cup weighed 4 grams dry
That is amazing! Love it! Thanks so much for posting that, now maybe these guys here might be a little more inspired! Actually, they are a pretty inspirational bunch as it is :thumb:

;-)

I agree, I think you may be able to go even further than 3 weeks but the success rate goes down. Speaking from experience I have two clones now that I cut at 2 weeks flower (both have pistils) and they seem to be doing OK (day 10 since cutting) and appear to be starting to re-veg.

Anecdotally, many years ago I had a friend who's plant was decimated somewhere around 4 or 5 weeks into flower (domestic disagreement). Him and I took about a dozen cuttings off what was left of it, we had 1 survive.

All of these clones (2 week cutting and ~5 week cutting) were rooted in plain water + vermiculite without powder or gel.

Hey snarly, I'm pretty sure a lot of us took clones from our flowering ladies it's just slows them down a little when you put them back into veg I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I as well only have a flower area right now and no veg tent so I'm wondering how that will affect my clone. Working on building a veg box with cfls for it but need some cash first hehe

Hey, I clone in a cardboard bankers box with a single 23W CFL (2$) and a 2-prong extension cord (3$) (its flat with one plug-in on one side and two on the other) using vermiculite in a small plastic cup. I plug the light into the extension cord using a "receptacle to lampholder adapter plug" (5$), cut a round hole in the box top near one of the sides that is big enough for the "lampholder adapter" to go through but not the cord plug-in. By putting the light on the side I can control how direct/indirect the light is for a clone just by moving it around.

The cups have four holes in the bottom and sit in a tray in about 3/4 inch of water. I make sure the vermiculite is wet before pushing the clones in and water them once a day from the top. No humidity domes, no rooting powder or gel.

Total cost of setup is about $20 and the largest cost is the big bag of vermiculite. If anyone is looking to make a cheap clone setup and only wants do less than a dozen cuttings this is a quick and dirty approach.

I'm on clones 3 and 4 right now but they haven't drooped yet (on day 10). Assuming these two survive it's 4/4 with that setup.

I agree, I think you may be able to go even further than 3 weeks but the success rate goes down. Speaking from experience I have two clones now that I cut at 2 weeks flower (both have pistils) and they seem to be doing OK (day 10 since cutting) and appear to be starting to re-veg.

Anecdotally, many years ago I had a friend who's plant was decimated somewhere around 4 or 5 weeks into flower (domestic disagreement). Him and I took about a dozen cuttings off what was left of it, we had 1 survive.

All of these clones (2 week cutting and ~5 week cutting) were rooted in plain water + vermiculite without powder or gel.
Thanks cbd. That's good to know. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom