The VipersNest Continuous

12_25_1.jpg

Merry Christmas Pit,

Sorry about the bugs, I know I take everything that happens to my babies (first grow) like they were my own children.....silly huh.

I just stopped by to let you know that I have intended to get your thread read but it intimidates me......I am into lite reading and this thread is "War and Peace already", but I will get caught up cuz your babies are beautiful.

Peace and +rep

I know its long, we will be sperating it into chapters soon. I cant find anything my self and I let everyone post in there.

Ive been lucky with bugs in the early grows, but ive come to understand that it is an inevidibilty, you WILL get them, I want to master pest control because it truly is one of the most important things to have in your arsenal.
Im learning, I embrace the natural critters and always will, Ill spend 50 buck on ladybugs instead of 30 bucks on chemicals. But Im going to be much more proactive from now on. I wont let bugs ruin my hard work again........EVER

Merry Christmas, Pit!

I hear ya on the ladybugs and predator mites....but they need something to eat, which means they don't do much good till ya got mites.

I was lucky enough to get mites on my first grow.

I've come to know a handful of really serious growers here in my area, guys who have been growing for 15 years or more, and none of them use natural critters. Learning from them, here's my arsenal:

1.)einstein oil (neem)
2.)Azatrol (neem based azadithracin, OMRI)
3.)Floramite (not past week 2 of flower, can only be used once per year)
4.)Malathion (not past week 4 of flower. Used all the time on tomatos)
5.)Forbid (strong like Floramite, but again, only use once a year)
6.)Dr. Doom's Spider Mite knockout (Great for small infestations caught early. easy to use. Safe to use up until the day of harvest. OMRI)

Pyrethrin bombs and Hot Shot No Pest Strips.

Prior to a grow, let off 2 pyrethrin bombs 4 days apart, then let the strips hang for about a week, then take 'em down and ventilate. Nothing's alive in the room at this point. No eggs, nada.

If your last grow was NOT infected:

Right about when you hit the switch for 12/12 give the plants a good spray with Azatrol, follow up with another 5 days later. Any mites that do show up can be Dr. Doomed.

If your last grow WAS infested:

Floramite or Forbid applied in the first week of flower. (Can only have 2 grows a year using these products) Dr. Doom to follow if needed.

During veg, neem should be applied twice, 5 days between applications.
Malathion for everything other than mites.

Using this type of protocol, you won't create super-mites, and you won't have them wrecking your crop. Avid has the rep. of being quite toxic and not fit for humans. Mite-rid is supposed to be great....but I don't personally know anyone who has experience with it. It would probably be a great product to have in the arsenal, and i intend to get it.

From now on....I just assume I've got mites. If they got in once, they'll get in again.

G'day Pit, Have you thought of planting a few small plants of a species the pests prefer to eat so they can munch on something besides your fine ganja plants.

G'day Pit, Have you thought of planting a few small plants of a species the pests prefer to eat so they can munch on something besides your fine ganja plants.

I think they will just come back to cannabis when they find out the other plant has no cannabinoids and they aint getting f'd up no more ;) I know I would hehe

So far I have seen 5 nats in my room, its my room not there's I don't want to share/feed the little bastards. I just want to nuke them!! Cant ya just go to 10k ppm co2 for a few hrs? pryor to the Lady bugs?

So far I have seen 5 nats in my room, its my room not there's I don't want to share/feed the little bastards. I just want to nuke them!! Cant ya just go to 10k ppm co2 for a few hrs? pryor to the Lady bugs?

nats arent a problem for me at this point. A layer of vermiculite on the pots works well.

Gnat are attracted to potato so place a few slices around then when the little bastards go for a munch throw those slices in the trash and repeat.
I've done this a few times over the years with v/good results.:peace:

nats arent a problem for me at this point. A layer of vermiculite on the pots works well.

I'm curious, what damage does the nats or larvae do to the plant? I get them every time I grow with soil...dosent bother the hydro pots, But in the 25 years I have been growing I have never seen any damage from the nats.:nicethread:

I'm curious, what damage does the nats or larvae do to the plant? I get them every time I grow with soil...dosent bother the hydro pots, But in the 25 years I have been growing I have never seen any damage from the nats.:nicethread:

Fungus Gnats are the larvae of the Scairid Fly. They live on the roots feeder hairs. A few here and there is normal IMO but large infestations is what does major damage(remembering that large infestations start out as a few here and there). It does effect yeild so if you were to get rid of them you may see some improvments.:peace:

Thanks groover for clearing that up for me.... I yielded 3 plus pounds of bud last go around so my yield has not been afected...when I depot there is no sigh of root damage so I'm going to let them be if they don't get any worse....:thanks::grinjoint:

hey pit, I am taking your advice and planting some seeds, but it doesnt seem like im doin a good job. I have a hydro system from GH called powergrower. I either have my seedlings dry out cuz the roots cant get to the water or the are over watered from the drip system. I was wondering if you had an idea of an ebb and flow system for just 2-4 plants for a 3x3 foot area. any advice would be great cuz I see what you get from ebb and flow. thanks!!:peace:

Im intimately familiar with the produck, Ive used them extensively. 1st, you cant possibly overwater it. It runs a drip ring 24/7.
Im assuming your using a rapid rooter type of plug..I like root riot myself. sink the plug 3 inches deeper than you would normally go. The plug will get watered just fine...rockwool will work just fine. no mutes week 1....25% nutes week 2. Its a foolproof system. Ive run a mother for a year in it.

we chopped 3 plants that still had mites/small webs, I blew them out, they werent bad. So these plants are 10-14 days early. Still have 16 that should finish out nicely

small harvest, its the Red Diesel We still have 1 strong plant left over that we will finish out. Its pretty damn strong....you will become with the couch

12_27_2.jpg

12_27_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom