Tight node formation - Light too close?

MortalWombat

Fellow Tokers,

I am currently in my second weeK after germination of a Bubba Kush Fem plant. My question for you growers out there is this: Does the node formation look too tight to you? Should I raise the light a few inches to encourage more 'stretch' between the nodes? My plan for this particular plant is to try the main-lining technique and some others to see what the maximum yield I can get out of 1 plant in this particular grow tent/space I built. The results will help me make my decisions for the main grow room I am building on light setups, space needed per plant for maximum yield, etc. All of this will be for my own medicine and will become a hobby for me as well.

Now on to the pictures!
20160328_064806.jpg
20160328_064631.jpg
20160330_154850.jpg
20160330_154837.jpg

Any input will help tremendously!

Thanks in advance!

I was just speaking to the LG LED people. Here is the e-mail they sent me. I found it helpful,however, it did not answer my specific question about the node spacing hasnt been answered. I will adjust the light accordingly.

E-mail sent to me one day after delivery from the LG LED Solutions People.

MarsHydro greetings. :)

I'm here to check if you received the Mars 300 light purchased from eBay store.
Is everything OK with the light? How is it working?

Here are some lighting tips that may be helpful.
Recommended Hanging Distance Above Plants
Seedling: 24'' Germination: 24''-30'' Veg: 18''-24'' Flower: 12''-18''
Recommended Lighting Time: Veg: 18/6(on/off) or 20/4(on/off) Flower: 12/12(on/off)

Recommended Growing Conditions
The rate of photosynthesis and transpiration are directly affected by temperature, humidity and airflow.
The perfect temperature and humidity for your plants are found between 75°-85°F and 50% - 70% humidity, with plenty of airflow to replenish CO2.
PH is 6-6.5. You may add more calcium and magnesium than normally needed.

Please Note
The light is not water-proof, so do not use it under water environment.
Light may be too strong, please wear your sunglasses when looking at it.

Please contact me if there are any problems of the light in the future. :)
Our Mars II or Reflector series lights yield better results than the Mars 300. If you woulod like to try one, please contact me and I will offer a special discount.

Take care!

:Namaste:

Tight node formation is normally a good thing for most of us !

But ye may well depending on strain grown & dominate genetics indica vs sativa etc

Ye girls are very young & i wouldn't expect a great deal of stretch at this stage of growth...

Not totally sure what main lining is at present but seems to appear a cross over from flux to topping the main cola at a node point to produce 4, 6, 8 main cola bearing steams.

I like plants without much stretch so that girl looks good to me. If for some reason I wanted to induce stretch I would run 12 hours of strong light and 6 hours of a weaker light source immediately following. Plants will stretch to get to the light when light levels are not optimal. an Indica like that may not be the best choice for mainlining, I would want more of a hybrid that has some sativa in her, the reason being that Indicas like that will take a long time to mainline, you could probably just top this one and flower once it gets big enough and start an Indica/Sativa hybrid and mainline it while this one is in flower. You would get two harvests in the same time as it would take to mainline this girl.

Tight node formation is normally a good thing for most of us !

But ye may well depending on strain grown & dominate genetics indica vs sativa etc

Ye girls are very young & i wouldn't expect a great deal of stretch at this stage of growth...

Not totally sure what main lining is at present but seems to appear a cross over from flux to topping the main cola at a node point to produce 4, 6, 8 main cola bearing steams.

Yes that is what main-lining is..there are several great threads on the subject here.

MW: All my recent sprouts' nodes were closely spaced, too. This is far better than having them stretch and fall over. The node spacing will get a lot larger when they are juveniles. Just let them do their thing. More leaves = healthier plant.

Thalia is growing GREAT! I fimmed her at the 5th node and I just plucked 2 sets of fan leaves to expose her shoots..tucking wasnt an option at this time. The remaining fan leaves are being held down with gardening staples.

Back
Top Bottom