TimHomeGrow Fastbuds Bluedreamatic Auto In Soil

Day 35...yes another update because I'm very happy thus far and none of my friends care to get daily updates haha.

Leaves continue to improve. While a few look a bit too light in the tent, I'm sure they will darken outside under regular light, but didn't want to disturb my girls as they look so peaceful ;)

I did turn on the dehumidifier in the basement. Didn't need it in the last grow as the AC was running all the time and keeping humidity in check. Tent was 67-69rh and after a few hours of the dehumidifier running in the basement the tent is now 56-58rh which I believe is better as she's starting flowering.

On the next watering I think I'll go back to 4 or 4.25g of MC.

I'm in love with Danielle, Amy and I can't remember the other girls name....story of my life ha.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_185154.jpg
    IMG_20200909_185154.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Some strains will love it, others not so much! Yes those airy buds just break your heart don’t they?
They do, but the smoke good ;). Like a girl with a butter face ....may not be pretty to look at but still fun and gets it done ha

I've debated for a week about turning in the second light. My thoughts were it was too much and made the tent to hot and perhaps gave me the loose/airy/foxtailed buds the last grow (which had a million other problems too)

Today I said F it and turned it on. I have two 220w from the wall LEDs in a 32"x32"x68" tent...total of 440w. That should give me about 58w/sqft. That should be good and within range right?

Tent temp went from 74-75 degrees to 79-81 degrees. Wish it would stay below 80 and I'd feel more comfortable adding this second light. New Lux meter coming today since my first one maxed out at 35,000.

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_082512.jpg
    IMG_20200910_082512.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
Just keep monitoring the hygrometer and I think you will be fine. Maybe do backbuilding on half of the buds at the end of week 5 to help eliminate the airy fluff.

IDK man but I know a place where you can ask questions and get great replies from ace growers!
Definitely already planning to back build a few buds. Not that I want these to be airy, but if they are I will know it's too much light/heat. Too many issues the first time to pinpoint the culprit ha

Ah crap - I just saw you have Light Addicts link in your signature! Glad you are WAY ahead of the curve!!

My last harvest was loose airy stuff and while it’s better than being dankrupt it’s not great produce. Next time will be better - right?
I've been studying hard for this grow haha. While the airy buds get the job done, I want premium buds eventually ;).

Crazy....I have three temp fishes in the tent that range from 75 on the floor, 77 at the pot rims, and 81 midway up the temp. Would love to know which is "accurate" ha. Fans blowing around so I should have good air flow. Going to ride this two light deal and see where it takes me ;)

Same here, I’ve got a gallon of airy buds any yup they work fine but I’m still craving that dank sticky tight nugget stuff. I torched 8 zips of the good stuff in about 5 months, still not sure how all that happened??

ok that’s simple swap the hygrometers around but yes I would believe it, heat rises - cool air sinks. The coolest point in a room is the floor, the warmest is the ceiling - same for your tent

Hey @13goody13

We have the same light, what does your Lux meter read? With two lights, 18" above the canopy I'm getting 37,000-43,000 and that's it. It is uniform across the canopy which is good. Thinking I have to lower the light to get the Lux higher. If I hold the Lux meter 6-8" below the lights I'll get 58k-63k

Hey @13goody13

We have the same light, what does your Lux meter read? With two lights, 18" above the canopy I'm getting 37,000-43,000 and that's it. It is uniform across the canopy which is good. Thinking I have to lower the light to get the Lux higher. If I hold the Lux meter 6-8" below the lights I'll get 58k-63k
I'm at around the same. Mine seem to like flowering around 55,000, which is about 10 inches or so below the light.

I'm at around the same. Mine seem to like flowering around 55,000, which is about 10 inches or so below the light.
Awesome thanks! May wait a few days before lower and just see how they do with the heat. Canopy is defy getting uniform light which I like

Girls getting a little breathing room while they get fed. Looking healthy, upping my MC to 4.25 and if they do well next feeding may be 4.75. Need to start getting up there as they are humming.

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_180456.jpg
    IMG_20200910_180456.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Day 38

I was gone for two days, girls are loving the second light! I pointed some fans towards to tent in the basement and it was 78-79 so I feel better about that.

What's the spotting on a few fan leaves of just one plant? Some deficiency?

Also seem to have had a fungus gnats explosion. Last week I added more soil as well as mosquito nuggets. Looks like those gnats have had a party! Perhaps they are coming from the added soil?

Upping tomorrow's feeding to 5g MC. Pots are light but waiting until morning to feed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_170632.jpg
    IMG_20200912_170632.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200912_170750.jpg
    IMG_20200912_170750.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200912_170553.jpg
    IMG_20200912_170553.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 29
Day 39

The girls are starting to take up the tent. Next grow will definitely be a larger tent so it's not like a puzzle to get everything back in ha. Upped MC to 5gr/gal as they took the 4.25g like a champ.

Outside the tent shot. Interesting this with this girl, node 3 split into two colas on the bottom of the pic. The opposite side of node 3 (top pic), while not split into two colas seems to be growing two flowers intertwined like conjoined twins.
IMG_20200913_083634.jpg

I did trim one plant and removed these inner bud sites ....may be a bit late but was only two sites/mini branches
IMG_20200913_084302.jpg

The top canopy is pretty thick though. I've read different things regarding autos and trimming. Should I trim these a bit and if so, how? Fan leafs on just one side of each branch? Every other fan? Or leave it alone? @13goody13 what do you do with your autos?
IMG_20200913_083911.jpg

The under sides look pretty good...I believe.
IMG_20200913_090014.jpg

And finally the girls are back in their places. Think it may be time to find a new watering method so I don't have to keep removing the plants. Perhaps a shop vac to take up the run off.
IMG_20200913_090025.jpg

Day 39

The girls are starting to take up the tent. Next grow will definitely be a larger tent so it's not like a puzzle to get everything back in ha. Upped MC to 5gr/gal as they took the 4.25g like a champ.

Outside the tent shot
IMG_20200913_083634.jpg

I did trim one plant and removed these inner bud sites ....may be a bit late but was only two sites/mini branches
IMG_20200913_084302.jpg

The top canopy is pretty thick though. I've read different things regarding autos and trimming. Should I trim these a bit and if so, how? Fan leafs on just one side of each branch? Every other fan? Or leave it alone? @13goody13 what do you do with your autos?
IMG_20200913_083911.jpg

The under sides look pretty good...I believe.
IMG_20200913_090014.jpg

And finally the girls are back in their places. Think it may be time to find a new watering method so I don't have to keep removing the plants. Perhaps a shop vac to take up the run off.
IMG_20200913_090025.jpg
I leave them for the most part, and tuck branches so all the bud sites get light. Autos can get shocked pretty easy if you over defoliate them.
I do trim leaves that are touching soil so pest don’t have an easy path, but leave the rest to do their jobs.
Looking good brother!

Thanks 13goody, I think after my mite problem I'm going to leave them alone and just tuck.

Note to self:. Good folks here at 420 helped determine I have a mite issue. Fingers crossed it's early and small right now. Sprayed all three girls with neem, bottom up, should have waited until closer to lights out...next time. Hung a yellow card from the tent too until my hot shot arrives in a few days. Also took pictures of infected leaves to monitor the spread.

200913_103420.jpg

200913_103309.jpg

After much debate, I added the hot shot to the tent last night during lights out. Hoping the 6 hours in the tent did its job and killed my mites and didn't poison the plants too badly. Can't say I'm totally comfortable using that thing....but figured the sooner I did the better.

Will continue the neem treatments until my SNS organic mite killer spray arrives on Friday. Thanks @Emilya for the suggestion!

Also added 1g/gal Bud Explosion to my 5g/gal MC for a feeding this evening. With the exhaust fans off last night they aren't yet dry enough...but close.

IMG_20200915_110844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom