TommyGunnz Tries Green Crack & Pineapple Express

Anybody know if you can take clones from a flowering plant? I've never done clones before so it's something I would like to try next and i'll take one from the RS if you can.. if not i'll wait until after harvest then put her back under 18/6 light and take a clone then!
You caaan but Im not sure how far into flower is feasible. Its a technique called monster-cropping. Give it a google bud

I've been looking across the net at this monster-cropping.. just realized that I have done it at the start of this week already lol.. I didn't know what I was at but I just wanted to get more light at bud sights so started messing with her outside. I only done a couple cuts though so I think i'm going to finish the business now that I have educated myself on it.

After taking a couple more cuts i'm going to tie all the branches back down too and we'll see how the flowers will react to that! Going to try find a couple more vids and stuff on it before I do though just to make sure its right.

And I also found out that 3 weeks into flower is feasible so looks like I just done it right on time.

Question time.. The pistils on the PE are telling me it's time to harvest but its only on week 3 of flower and there is no buds really on her yet.. anybody know why there are so many amber pistils? In fact nearly all of them are amber (around 80-90%)
Should I chop her and just make do with whats there or should I leave her for another couple weeks? Supposed to have been a 9 week strain but I thought that was just flowering phase, now i'm starting to think it might have been 9 weeks from seed maybe as next week would be week 9? So confused right now and don't know what to do.. might as well leave it because there's nothing to harvest now lol..

Question time.. The pistils on the PE are telling me it's time to harvest but its only on week 3 of flower and there is no buds really on her yet.. anybody know why there are so many amber pistils? In fact nearly all of them are amber (around 80-90%)
Should I chop her and just make do with whats there or should I leave her for another couple weeks? Supposed to have been a 9 week strain but I thought that was just flowering phase, now i'm starting to think it might have been 9 weeks from seed maybe as next week would be week 9? So confused right now and don't know what to do.. might as well leave it because there's nothing to harvest now lol..

I'd get a closer look. Pistils can be really decieiving. I've had a bunch of plants push out new, bright white pistils in the last few weeks of flower and others that changed orange right at the start.
If possible, check tricomes with a loupe. I think your girl still has some gas left in her tank.
:passitleft:

I know the RS was a haze, and now I know it's a sativa from the leaves.. starting to get a strong smell of lemons from her, I wonder if I would be right guessing it was lemon haze? Guess all I can ever do is assume that it is but i'll never know for sure... anyone ever grow Lemon Haze so they could be compared?

PE:
Week 4 of flower. Changed feeds to 1ml bio-grow, 2ml AHH:2.
I want to keep giving some bio-grow because she's looking real bad since that few days without it, but on the plus side new growth seems to be dark and healthy so she might just come back from it.. she doesn't look as bad as the pics make her out to be either

RS/SLH?:
Week 5 of flower. This one is now getting 2.5ml AHH:2 with 1.5l water which I am going to raise to 2l next week.
She is looking really good.. strong smell of lemons coming from her now its almost like someone cut one in half and poured the juice onto the flowers lol.
She responded really well to her last bit of training, I took almost every fan leaf off from the bottom, leaving only flower sites. Here is a pic from Saturday when I finished up!

I left her to recover on Sunday and I tied all the branches down on Monday. I decided not to take any clones from her, i'm going to wait for some future grows and i'll take some when the plants are in veg. This is her today!

Man I gotta stop smoking lol.. the PE is on week 3 and RS is on week 4! :rofl: Got to keep my head in the game i'm loosing track..
I'm running that PE in a few months. I'm pretty stoked.
:ganjamon:

I think i'm going to give the PE another go in the future again because it's not going how I would like it to go.. going to give the GC another go too I was disappointed that she didn't make it. I have big plans ahead equipment-wise and i'm thinking of getting 4 plants up and going next time.. another Pineapple Express, some Green Crack, Northern Lights and something else that I havn't made up my mind about yet I might try some Gorilla Glue they will all be photo plants next time though no autos. Reason being is I want to get more time in veg for a lot more training. I want to out do this grow next time and gain as much more experience as I can.. It's all a learning game, i'll be watching your PE too and wish you the best of luck with it!

The RS is showing lots of orange hairs now too. Looks like its time to harvest but again she will only be 6 weeks into flower on Tuesday.. I'm wondering if this would have anything to do with them being root-bound? Both plants are root-bound and showing lots of amber and i'm getting mixed sides on the net. Some are saying you need to transplant so more roots can grow for more growth but then you have people saying the roots don't grow anymore in flowering because they've established them during veg, what do you guys think?

Here is the RS.. not going to be good if I do have to harvest lol..

And i'm waiting to get a magnifier so i'm stuck judging the pistils for now.
Is she still drinking? Any leaves starting to yellow? I watch for those also when I run autos because they won't always amber up when they're ripe.
I've noticed most of my girls will spit out some fresh white pistils toward the end of flower maybe 2-3 weeks before they're done. Once the fresh pistils start to turn, she stops drinking, some leaves start turning, and trics look good (as well as you can see w/o loupe)
Looks like she's throwing out some signs... might not be ready yet, but she's definitely close...

Is she still drinking? Any leaves starting to yellow? I watch for those also when I run autos because they won't always amber up when they're ripe.
I've noticed most of my girls will spit out some fresh white pistils toward the end of flower maybe 2-3 weeks before they're done. Once the fresh pistils start to turn, she stops drinking, some leaves start turning, and trics look good (as well as you can see w/o loupe)
Looks like she's throwing out some signs... might not be ready yet, but she's definitely close...

Yeah she's still drinking and there's no yellow leaves yet, but I have taken off most fan leaves so I can't really watch for that. Or will the top ones yellow first now that there's none on the bottom? Sooner I can get a look at the trichomes the better.. might not get to use it with these plants though.. I was suspecting the RS to be Super Lemon Haze which has a 9 week flowering time that would mean its ready in 3 weeks from Tuesday if it was?

Back
Top Bottom