Trala’s Tent

All is fantastic, I just don’t have time to do everything that needs to be done in a journalist’s position.
plus I’d rather just post whenever I want and talk about books and the beach and breed my own misfits, etc.
Well welcome to the ultimate menagerie of misfits.

When you say breed, do you mean seeds?

Well welcome to the ultimate menagerie of misfits.

When you say breed, do you mean seeds?
Yes in my other journal I have a GSC auto X Wedding Cake auto cross that I bred through a CS reversal on the GSC. Made 40 seeds total, feminized autos.
My chunky pretty lady.
31F7E801-F0D3-4B55-94F9-96C158E7F1D4.jpeg
Seed was popped straight off the bud and into a float. All sprouted so far. Wait til C dawg grows one out ;)

Yes in my other journal I have a GSC auto X Wedding Cake auto cross that I bred through a CS reversal on the GSC. Made 40 seeds total, feminized autos.
My chunky pretty lady.
Seed was popped straight off the bud and into a float. All sprouted so far. Wait til C dawg grows one out ;)
Omg how exciting! That is so clever!

I wonder if I could do that. I can clearly see seeds grow a far more superior plant to clones from the two seed plants I have growing.

We need to discuss this, but not right now. It is just after 9am here, and I am still in bed. There is not a cloud in my bright blue sky. I really need to embrace this day coz it’s the only Friday the 30th of July 2021 I’m ever gonna get.

Have a great day JG :)

Their faces are now washed and they are ready to drink in that sun.

Oh and I will listen this time. Exactly when should I stop washing the big girls faces? Humidity is so low here atm so PM (see what I did there JG?) Isn't a worry right now. They are completely dry within 30 mins.
Judging by the roots poking out of their pots, my clones are almost ready for an uppot :)

IMG_20210730_092940_edit_380245197311247.jpg

And when my outdoor light works it's fucking AWESOME!

Screenshot_20210730_093826.jpg

Have a great day team :)

See youse this arvo :D

My chunky pretty lady.
Beautiful

remember Sauga saying it stank,
The original, brown stuff stunk pretty good, but the new gray stuff is pretty much odorless, and it seems to work even better than the original- I've just started using it again after trying some other stuff, and the plants are loving it...
Speaking of plants, yours are looking awesome!
I can't wait to see what you do in the future, because you're doing great now, and that's only going to get better- hell, you'll be teaching me stuff in a few months!:high-five:

The original, brown stuff stunk pretty good, but the new gray stuff is pretty much odorless, and it seems to work even better than the original- I've just started using it again after trying some other stuff, and the plants are loving it...
Speaking of plants, yours are looking awesome!
I can't wait to see what you do in the future, because you're doing great now, and that's only going to get better- hell, you'll be teaching me stuff in a few months!:high-five:
Hi Carcass

Thank you so much. That has made me feel real happy :)

I can’t even tell you how much satisfaction I get from growing, look I can, in fact I just did lolllingggg

I’ve already got my rocks hanging on the clones lollllll. The Peyote top clone naturally quadlined herself. I’m always going to clone tops now. They grow symmetrically like seeds.

I got two great surprises today! After thinking I was seedless.

So this happened today.

I went from zero seeds to 4!

Two of my big loves spoiled me!

1st surprise was 3 seeds from Barney’s Seeds
1. Wedding Cake (i get a second bite after I failed to strike the last one)
2. Another Shiskaberry
3. Mimosa Evo

2nd surprise came from the legend I grow for. Some dude he works with has had this seed in his freezer for the last 5 years. He packed up his hydro gear, but for some reason kept this seed TBH it’s prolly not going to grow, being that cold for that long can’t be good for a seed. lolll

It‘s called a Queen White Rino. I’ve had a google and I think maybe the seed owner is illiterate coz all I can find online is White Rhino. He also said his mate is not sure if it’s male or female so I’m not sure why he gave the queen title. Lolll

But lets say I can strike it, and let’s say it is male, I am wondering if I could in fact learn to make seeds.

My stash is now down to 6 x 10gram jars. My stock room is empty. I have an awful feeling I’m going to run short before harvest. :(

237C16D0-2A27-4795-B664-16C4ED1E687D.jpeg
A020B5C4-99FE-464C-B5D9-191339D40083.jpeg

Omg I have been injured so. many. times. I have more scars than most men. I been stitched in so many different places.

I am very loud. And when cornered I am loudest. I just can’t keep my mouth shut, even when it meant the end result was it being wired shut.! The scareder (is too a word spelled wrong red line) I feel the taller, squarer and more firmly I stand. LOLLLINGGG

What are your medical issues? I love medical issues!

I have rheumatoid autoimmune disease, osteoarthritis, costochondritis, tendonitis and mild tinnitus. I also currently have a small tear in my left rotator cuff. :cheesygrinsmiley:

@HashGirl

O. M. G !

This book is sooooooooo good!

Thank you for recommending it. Your taste is on fleek.

:)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I was thinking this morning that I bet it doesn't take you a month to read. ;)

Random seeds can be awesome gifts.
I have one called sex pot that I'm yet to try.
Try growing it T!
We'll be here to cheer you on.
Your garden looks fantastic as always!:green_heart:

@Virgin Ground grew Sexxpot. You might check out her journal if you want more info on growing the strain.

I noticed some emojis automatically convert from unicode to the :named: version.
Here's a few I found by brute force but there's probably a lot more.

✨⭐⛅⛲⛵⛺⛪☠️⚓⛽
☕⌛⏳⏰⌚⛳⚽⚾✊✋
♀️♂️⚕️⚖️❤️‍‍

Your plants are looking great as always Trala.

I have rheumatoid autoimmune disease, osteoarthritis, costochondritis, tendonitis and mild tinnitus. I also currently have a small tear in my left rotator cuff. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I was thinking this morning that I bet it doesn't take you a month to read. ;)

@Virgin Ground grew Sexxpot. You might check out her journal if you want more info on growing the strain.
Well that’s a whole lotta ‘itisis!

No offence but if I was one of two team captains, and I had to choose from you lot to create a team, yeah nah, you‘re getting picked last ladybird.

OMG true story. So I’m tall, 5”8 and by 14 I have been this height. And I’m like a normal weight. On paper I look like I should be able run, jump, hurdle, catch balls, throw balls etc. I can do none of the things listed. So on those awful sports team pick days last choice for picking was always me and Anne Cecil, and there would always be real hesitation regarding which defective to pick. Anne had a built up shoe, sort of demonstrates how sportily shit I am.

My son is now carrying the “I choose not to run” family tradition.

I’m sure you’ve had bucket loads of advice, mine, not that you asked. Best treatment for rheumatoid/OA is a healthy weight, not sure if you are or not, but that helps your joints immensely. Vit D and Cal daily obviously. Problem is when it comes to most ‘itisis all you want to do is be still and sadly the worst thing you can do for yourself is be still. If you’re not already active I’d suggest yoga. If I don’t bend for 20 minutes each day my joints hurt. That’s not to say I love doing it, I don’t, it’s a chore, but I force myself because of the big picture. I also walk 45 mins a day, again chore. Swimming might be better for you. The biggest problem with chronic pain is we become hypersensitive to it. When the bulk of your brains thought process is filled with owwww that hurts, it finds you more owwww that hurts. Same goes with anxiety, with depression, with panic, with fear, and with good stuff for that matter. I am not suggesting your pain goes away, it’s about balance, being able to live a good life with it. Because it’s always going to be there.

I come from a long line of addicted suicidal mental defectives. A lot of my behaviours are learned. My life’s work is now trying to unlearn them... it’s a constant daily battle work in progress.

OMG this book! Its a cracker! A CRACKER!

Oh honey, you can’t grow sexpot. It’s something you are either born with or your not. My sexpot brings all the boys to the yard, they’re like its better than yours, damn right its better than yours, I can try and teach you, but I’d have to charge ;)

Edit: well this is awkward you meant the plant.

Random seeds can be awesome gifts.
I have one called sex pot that I'm yet to try.
Try growing it T!
We'll be here to cheer you on.
Your garden looks fantastic as always!:green_heart:
I will.

I going to go zen.

I used to live with a grower, when I was waaaaaaay too young to be living with a grower in hindsight, and him and his boys used to take their trail bikes into the hinterlands to plant on the first full moon in September, I think they thought something lunar made it magic, I’m not sure really tbh. But it sounds romantic, and I’m all about the trama. I’m going to plant her or him on the first full moon in September.

Thank you :)

Loving how neet and tidy you are.. awesomeness on the highest level.
You grow some fabulistic plants mate.

Oh! And where the foook did you get that star from?:hmmmm:
I’ve told you this before Squiggle! Admin here have given me special motey powers.

⭐☀️☠️❌☑️

Yes I too have this power. I am the second fiddle Robin to Trala’s Batgirl.I noticed some emojis automatically convert from unicode to the :named: version.
Here's a few I found by brute force but there's probably a lot more.

✨⭐⛅⛲⛵⛺⛪☠️⚓⛽
☕⌛⏳⏰⌚⛳⚽⚾✊✋
♀️♂️⚕️⚖️❤️‍‍

Your plants are looking great as always Trala.
And @Squiggle when I say me, I mean me and Regrowth.

We both have been bestowed with additional emoji powers by admin.

Well that’s a whole lotta ‘itisis!

No offence but if I was one of two team captains, and I had to choose from you lot to create a team, yeah nah, you‘re getting picked last ladybird.

OMG true story. So I’m tall, 5”8 and by 14 I have been this height. And I’m like a normal weight. On paper I look like I should be able run, jump, hurdle, catch balls, throw balls etc. I can do none of the things listed. So on those awful sports team pick days last choice for picking was always me and Anne Cecil, and there would always be real hesitation regarding which defective to pick. Anne had a built up shoe, sort of demonstrates how sportily shit I am.

My son is now carrying the “I choose not to run” family tradition.

I have a better "team sport" story. My mum was born legally blind in her left eye and was extremely short-sighted in her right eye. Her parents couldn't afford glasses for her. She didn't get her first pair of glasses until she was 18.

She told us that when they played baseball at school and it was her turn at bat, everyone in the outfield sat down. Good thing she was blind or that would have been really hurtful.

I’m sure you’ve had bucket loads of advice, mine, not that you asked. Best treatment for rheumatoid/OA is a healthy weight, not sure if you are or not, but that helps your joints immensely. Vit D and Cal daily obviously. Problem is when it comes to most ‘itisis all you want to do is be still and sadly the worst thing you can do for yourself is be still. If you’re not already active I’d suggest yoga. If I don’t bend for 20 minutes each day my joints hurt. That’s not to say I love doing it, I don’t, it’s a chore, but I force myself because of the big picture. I also walk 45 mins a day, again chore. Swimming might be better for you. The biggest problem with chronic pain is we become hypersensitive to it. When the bulk of your brains thought process is filled with owwww that hurts, it finds you more owwww that hurts. Same goes with anxiety, with depression, with panic, with fear, and with good stuff for that matter. I am not suggesting your pain goes away, it’s about balance, being able to live a good life with it. Because it’s always going to be there.

I come from a long line of addicted suicidal mental defectives. A lot of my behaviours are learned. My life’s work is now trying to unlearn them... it’s a constant daily battle work in progress.

Thanks for the RA advice, Tra. My RA is being controlled with Xeljanz currently. Since I was diagnosed with RA in 2004, I've lost 60 pounds. It's my osteoarthritis that is currently hindering my activity level. I had a cortisone shot 4 weeks' ago but it didn't take away the knee pain I've had since March. I'm currently using a compounded topical but I don't think it's helping much, if any.

My rheumy is on vacation until August 9 but apparently, there's a stronger shot I can get that costs $500 if my benefits don't cover it.

OMG this book! Its a cracker! A CRACKER!

So, is it going to take you a month to read?

Here is a list of his other books if you decide you like him enough to read him again: :battingeyelashes:
  • Play Dead (1990)*
  • Miracle Cure (1991)
  • Tell No One (2001)*
  • No Second Chance (2001)
  • Gone For Good (2002)
  • Just One Look (2004)
  • The Innocent (2005)*
  • The Woods (2007)
  • Hold Tight (2008)
  • Caught (2010)*
  • Stay Close (2012)
  • Six Years (2013)
  • Missing You (2014)*
  • The Stranger (2015)
  • Fool Me Once (2016)
  • Don't Let Go (2017)
  • Run Away (2019)*
  • The Boy from the Woods (2020)*

The ones I've starred are the ones I liked best.

I have a better "team sport" story. My mum was born legally blind in her left eye and was extremely short-sighted in her right eye. Her parents couldn't afford glasses for her. She didn't get her first pair of glasses until she was 18.

She told us that when they played baseball at school and it was her turn at bat, everyone in the outfield sat down. Good thing she was blind or that would have been really hurtful.
OMG my sense of humour is so dark that made me lol. I’m imagining someone standing behind her with two pieces of wood making the CRACK sound of ball hitting bat, and everyone cheering “go hashgirl‘s Mum! You hit it! Ruuuuuuun!”.

Hashgirl I believe sometimes you are better off for not knowing the truth. So FYI, if I’m ever blinded, and I think I’m looking out a window, don’t tell me if it is in fact a brick wall, just let me enjoy my truth. I hope no one ever told her. Oh and I also believe people can be arseholes and I’m sorry that happened to your mum.

Thanks for the RA advice, Tra. My RA is being controlled with Xeljanz currently. Since I was diagnosed with RA in 2004, I've lost 60 pounds. It's my osteoarthritis that is currently hindering my activity level. I had a cortisone shot 4 weeks' ago but it didn't take away the knee pain I've had since March. I'm currently using a compounded topical but I don't think it's helping much, if any.

Excellent. Best thing for sore joints is less weight to carry. I’m a knee pain sufferer. When I was in my early 20’s I spent a lot of time on my knees - as a cleaner just in case your mind went to the gutter Hashgirl, tho truth be told I do give an awesome [removed by Admin. FFS Tra, you can drive a conversation into the gutter quicker than a fat kid on a piece of cake]. Then my first job nursing in a nursing home I tore my meniscus which involved an arthroscopic repair, it was semi successful. I’ve talked to doctors, when I get to your age I’ll defs need a knee replacement at some point. I don’t have full range of movement in it. I can’t do a proper pigeon pose on my right side anymore. I have to modify it and sometimes if I say no to yoga it can get a bit sore which is exactly why I seldom miss it. The physios at work have given me a regime to keep it strong. I do 40 squats every day after my stretches. So far so good.

My rheumy is on vacation until August 9 but apparently, there's a stronger shot I can get that costs $500 if my benefits don't cover it.

So, is it going to take you a month to read?
Sounds like you are fighting the good fight. Fingers crossed your health insurance covers it.

And absolutely not. I’ll be done by next week.

You are now my book adviser. :)

Back
Top Bottom