Trala’s Tent

I don't remember what your medium is, but you should look into neem, karanja, and crustacean meals which are powders you can add in to soils and coco (if applicable). The plant takes it up and it acts as a systemic, getting into the plant tissues. So, when the borg comes for dinner they get a taste of the neem or karanja. This causes your hospitality score to go down when they tell their buddies and they move over to sample your neighbor's plants instead.

The crustacean meals encourage microbes that break down chitin which is also found in insect bodies, so they kind of eat them from the outside (apologies if you're eating dinner). That probably only works if you're growing organic with microbes rather than feeding chemicals but something to keep in mind as an alternative approach.

Lot's of people spray neem oil on their plants to control pests in veg. This is an alternative way to wage war.
Hi there :)

I have neem but haven’t made up a spray yet. I also bought this, but I’ve forgotten what to do with it.

E1C99EC2-DCAB-4780-B1B4-B2BD10315508.jpeg

I’m spraying almost daily with I think 4 different potions. Sunday no spray day if there are zero live hits.

My medium is omg I forget. Terra something, pearlite and a bit of blood and bone.

Okay it’s Sunday Summary time :)

For today I have 4 proud green dragons and one not dead seedling. So yay! We all know how quickly I can drive my grows into the ditch so I need to take a win where I can lollllll First big news, not one live nit! (I’m touching wood). They look so great for it too. Sunday is no spray day, which makes my work easier. Spraying those 4 is a motherfucker of a job.

This plant is just like her original seed. She is like a crackwhore, while she doesn’t look amazing and she stinks a bit, she got game and she will fuck you up, proper.

Merrie Bee aka Peyote Critical
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 61
12:12 - 9 Days before flower
Days in Flower 30

C799DE45-E970-409D-B457-3CE0FC65E199.jpeg
1E31FF31-7536-437D-B14D-EBD58736EA71.jpeg

This little girl is all sweet and sparkle. She is just beautiful. She has one variegated leaf like her momma, Frankie Bee. My Tangerine Dreams were all unremarkable really, they all had nits and like always I ruined them at flower and their smoke was ordinary. Tee is the best looking Tangie I’ve grown. I’m hoping my goodbye Tangie girl will finally do her breed justice. It’s talking all my power not to monstercrop her. I learned so much from my Tangie Trio. I hate letting go.

Tee Bee aka Tangerine Dream
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 78
12:12 - 7 Days before flower
Days in flower 14

0FC211D6-E6E8-4542-99CD-E36389222058.jpeg
AF786DCF-C9B4-4BE8-8318-68BC17337128.jpeg

These twin girls are giving me another shot at Mimmy. They look beautiful. Their colour is amazing. They take turns who is the prettiest. Today it’s Bubbles. Yesterday it was MC. They are a pleasure to watch grow.

I’m happy with Bubbles’s canopy

Bubbles Bee aka Mimosa EVO
Regular Clone
Days in Veg 55
12:12 - Day 7 No Flowers

615A9529-E76F-439A-ADB5-121F8C29F3EE.jpeg

MC is on the reach :)

MC Bee aka Mimosa EVO
Regular Clone
Days in Veg 55
12:12 - Day 7 No Flowers

8B75688E-983E-4596-A4AE-DD9ACE5F7FDC.jpeg

Still not dead. No Wedding Cake. I’m devo but it’s probably for the best. One young one and one older veg plant will work best perpetually in the veg tent.

Bluebelle Bee aka Blue Sunset Sherbet
Barney’s Seed
Popped Wednesday Night: 4 days

E3F8D855-AB95-4A3F-9D52-9B11BE530C0A.jpeg

#twinning

EDE4E9FE-A6AA-49D2-A66C-3504E69CCE6A.jpeg

The Familam

26B436C5-8EEA-41B0-A3BC-730CE5020FC5.jpeg
Lovely green color! Mine all seem to be getting paler, but I don't try for supermodel plants (yet) I just want something to smoke...

I don't remember what your medium is, but you should look into neem, karanja, and crustacean meals which are powders you can add in to soils and coco (if applicable). The plant takes it up and it acts as a systemic, getting into the plant tissues. So, when the borg comes for dinner they get a taste of the neem or karanja. This causes your hospitality score to go down when they tell their buddies and they move over to sample your neighbor's plants instead.

The crustacean meals encourage microbes that break down chitin which is also found in insect bodies, so they kind of eat them from the outside (apologies if you're eating dinner). That probably only works if you're growing organic with microbes rather than feeding chemicals but something to keep in mind as an alternative approach.

Lot's of people spray neem oil on their plants to control pests in veg. This is an alternative way to wage war.
The crustacean meal works by the same principle as products containing chitosan. You can get it from multiple sources both crustaceans and from some plant sources. If you spray chitosan on your plants it stimulates both the microbes on the plant and the plant itself to produce chitinase, and activities the plants immune system making it think it's under attack.

Omg me too!

The battle is ongoing.

Here is a pic from todays treatment. My Mimosa’s are a good size to manage. Going forward I will flip earlier to have smaller more manageable plants (my Tangerine Dream is a MONSTER). I am able to balance them on the ballastrade balestrade ballerstrade the top part of my stairs outside.

Perfect possy to spray up their skirts.

I got this pic of Bubbles. I usually stop training once they hit flower, but her canopy has stayed quite level except for this one branch that I am holding down with a padlock to try and manage her. I thought it looked kinda cool and thought I’d share it with you guys :)

A504F9D3-CF66-4AFF-A2E5-82960396EF36.jpeg
72EF1CAF-7529-4E4B-A23B-57EEECB8F2A9.jpeg
I think your plant security is lacking here...

Lovely green color! Mine all seem to be getting paler, but I don't try for supermodel plants (yet) I just want something to smoke...
Yo yo D to the B to the B to the T!

I like things to look nice. I always have. Even when I lived in the cockroach laden hood, I would try and make my flat look nice. I like my garden to look like it’s happy with me. I replanted all my planter pots yesterday because what was in them looked sad due to not getting enough sun. And because I’m mental I replanted all of the sad plants in sunny spots in my garden to give them another chance. They don’t have to be supermodel plants. Just green and happy. I’m all about the green. My new little succulent planter is giving me LIFE! I hope it takes.

I’m going to tidy my herb garden today. I really love having access to fresh herbs.

The crustacean meal works by the same principle as products containing chitosan. You can get it from multiple sources both crustaceans and from some plant sources. If you spray chitosan on your plants it stimulates both the microbes on the plant and the plant itself to produce chitinase, and activities the plants immune system making it think it's under attack.
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

L o l l i n g (not even joking btw)

Mel, maaaaaaaaate you’re gonna need to dumb down this microbes/lobster/chitosan talk bruv!

Yo yo D to the B to the B to the T!

I like things to look nice. I always have. Even when I lived in the cockroach laden hood, I would try and make my flat look nice. I like my garden to look like it’s happy with me. I replanted all my planter pots yesterday because what was in them looked sad due to not getting enough sun. And because I’m mental I replanted all of the sad plants in sunny spots in my garden to give them another chance. They don’t have to be supermodel plants. Just green and happy. I’m all about the green. My new little succulent planter is giving me LIFE! I hope it takes.

I’m going to tidy my herb garden today. I really love having access to fresh herbs.
Your yard looks beautiful & loved!

I have neem but haven’t made up a spray yet. I also bought this, but I’ve forgotten what to do with it.

I’m spraying almost daily with I think 4 different potions. Sunday no spray day if there are zero live hits.

My medium is omg I forget. Terra something, pearlite and a bit of blood and bone.

That soap is a true soap, unlike something like Dawn Dish Soap/Detergent which is a chemical detergent. Soaps and detergents help with the ability of your spray to evenly coat the leaves rather than falling in little drops that can then more easily roll off. Helps your spray to stick around better and do what it does.

A true soap also can dissolve the exoskelton of bugs, but you have to spray the bugs directly. It doesn't work if you spray the leaves and then the little bastards land on the leaves. And, they can hide in places it's almost impossible to get spray to, which is why spraying every three days or so is a good thing. Those little bastards only take three days to reach their reproductive stage, so repeated sprays over several days will help eventually stop the new generations from even forming.

So, the soap is good as a wetting agent, as well as a natural insecticide. The detergent is a good wetting agent but the chemicals in the mix may or may not have insecticidal properties. You got the right stuff.

Is the neem you have a powder? I grow in an organic medium and add 1 tablespoon per gallon of soil of each meal (neem, karanja, and crustacean) when I'm mixing up a batch. I also top dress with it sometimes and when I water it dissolves with the water and gets down to the roots that way. I think the crustacean meal needs the microbes to work, but I think the other two can work as a systemic, you just wouldn't get their fertilizer capabilities without organic microbes.

Mel, maaaaaaaaate you’re gonna need to dumb down this microbes/lobster/chitosan talk bruv!
The crustacean meal Azi is talking about contains chitosan oligosaccharide. Plants sense it and their immune system responds.
They release enzymes to break down the chitin thinking it's the exoskeleton of insects.
The microbes on the plant make the same enzymes if you spray it sa a foliar application.
The thing is, you're already giving your plants chitosan oligosaccharide. It's in MC.

That soap is a true soap, unlike something like Dawn Dish Soap/Detergent which is a chemical detergent. Soaps and detergents help with the ability of your spray to evenly coat the leaves rather than falling in little drops that can then more easily roll off. Helps your spray to stick around better and do what it does.

A true soap also can dissolve the exoskelton of bugs, but you have to spray the bugs directly. It doesn't work if you spray the leaves and then the little bastards land on the leaves. And, they can hide in places it's almost impossible to get spray to, which is why spraying every three days or so is a good thing. Those little bastards only take three days to reach their reproductive stage, so repeated sprays over several days will help eventually stop the new generations from even forming.

So, the soap is good as a wetting agent, as well as a natural insecticide. The detergent is a good wetting agent but the chemicals in the mix may or may not have insecticidal properties. You got the right stuff.

Is the neem you have a powder? I grow in an organic medium and add 1 tablespoon per gallon of soil of each meal (neem, karanja, and crustacean) when I'm mixing up a batch. I also top dress with it sometimes and when I water it dissolves with the water and gets down to the roots that way. I think the crustacean meal needs the microbes to work, but I think the other two can work as a systemic, you just wouldn't get their fertilizer capabilities without organic microbes.
I bought this and the soap but I forget how I’m meant to mix it lol

This is my regime

C89A737B-8908-472C-92AC-B55F136C4569.jpeg

The crustacean meal Azi is talking about contains chitosan oligosaccharide. Plants sense it and their immune system responds.
They release enzymes to break down the chitin thinking it's the exoskeleton of insects.
The microbes on the plant make the same enzymes if you spray it sa a foliar application.
The thing is, you're already giving your plants chitosan oligosaccharide. It's in MC.
Yeah yeah yeah, but back to the lobster. What days should I eat it, and can I swap say prawns of a nice Moreton Bay Bug for the lobster?

Tega Brop *taps nose* FTW

I bought this and the soap but I forget how I’m meant to mix it lol

This is my regime

C89A737B-8908-472C-92AC-B55F136C4569.jpeg
You'll mix the liquid neem with water according to the directions on the bottle. Unfortunately, that will require you to actually read the directions on the bottle (;)).

Then you'll add it to your sprayer with a few drops of the soap, enough that it will bubble up when you shake it up. But you really don't need all that much.

Then you spray your plants, top of leaves, underside of leaves, stems, soil surface, etc.

Probably every three days or so until you have the little bastards under control.

Your updates are kickass Trala!!! Such beauty to behold. Don't worry about the nits...are those aphids or mites? I meant to ask this a while back. Unless i already have but forgot.
I like my options open and a simple exit strategy
That's what my wife says all the time, while holding a shovel and duct tape. I don't understand.

EVERYTHING about this is right up my alley! Neem meal is incredible. I prefer insect frass for the chitin that Azi gets via crustacean meal. I have not personally used karanja, yet, but it is another excellent product.

Bwaaahaaahaaaaa!!! Looky here lady. Just shut your face, listen up, and do as your told!
This is my regime
Holy hell!!! That is A LOT of spray on your plants throughout the week. Was this recommended by someone or your decision? I'm not saying it's wrong. It just sounds excessive is all. I keep my foliar sprays for pests to a max of every other day for a couple weeks and then back off. Changing up products is a good way to reduce resistance. I love Dr. Bronners soap. I use it too. For all the reasons already mentioned.

middle of the night and sleep evades so if this goes horribly awry….

I believe Miss TraLa you purchased Dr. Bronners for this

Copied from Jan 20….
Ahem, cough, cough, - so this flies mostly below the radar….. it has been said that 10 parts rosemary oil mixed with 90 parts water plus a drop or two of Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap is the home brew equivalent of a popular spider-mite control product. As to the source of these salacious rumors and upon the advice of counsel - I can neither confirm nor deny these statementz….

Agree with Baked… great to have a bevy of IPM products but I’m afraid if you rotate thru that often critterz might become immune. I ignored instructions on spraying Spinosad and got the mother of all soil mite infestations… it turns out they were beneficial mites but at that time I didn’t know it so I nuked the soil and plant to death

edit to add

ditto Azimuth - Neem Seed Meal as soil additive or LIGHT top dress since it’s a fert in its own right at 6-1-2

Anywho despite ramble - yours is the greenest, most picturesque crew in the land!!!

I could never get tired of that scenery…. :love::love::love:

You'll mix the liquid neem with water according to the directions on the bottle. Unfortunately, that will require you to actually read the directions on the bottle (;)).

Then you'll add it to your sprayer with a few drops of the soap, enough that it will bubble up when you shake it up. But you really don't need all that much.

Then you spray your plants, top of leaves, underside of leaves, stems, soil surface, etc.

Probably every three days or so until you have the little bastards under control.
I didn’t think I could use neem in flower. All of my plants are in flower.

I think I got a tip to use that other stuff with something else. Omg I should have written it down straight away.

Back
Top Bottom