Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Additional tools I use for my grow. IMHO it is mandatory that you have a good PH Meter.

61U8DcIAEzL_SL1500_.jpg
61lJ2BJvFGL_SL1500_.jpg

September 5 - Day 44

Disaster Strikes - What did I do wrong.

Woke up this morning and went down to check out my girls. I can't resist checking up on them a couple times a day.

This morning I noticed that a number of sugar leaves on Girl Scout Cookie (DWC) were curling and some of my Fan leaves were yellowing and looked in bad shape. What did I do wrong?

My first thought was to come here to 420Magazine and see if I could find any pictures that looked similar. Possible initial diagnosis was Nute Lockout, Nitrogen Burn or possibly micro deficiencies. Hmmm.

I decided to check the PH and do a flush. Seems like a good starting point. After 3 months from planting, how can a perfectly growing plant take such a turn.

When I opened the DWC I was shocked to see Root Rot! OMG how the hell did that happen?

Investigating further I found that somehow my plug to my air pump had gotten unplugged. How long it had been unplugged isn't known but I knew I needed immediate action. I pumped the water out, pulled off some of the worse rot and flushed with fresh water.

Where else to go for advise - back to 420Magazine Forums to search for what to do. I really appreciate all of the great help that can always be found here for us novice growers. One of the best solutions was to use Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant

On to Amazon and orders Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant. In an effort to slow down the plants decline I used some Vodoo Juice but nothing else.

September 7 - Day 46 -

Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant arrived today. Thank God for Amazon Prime.

I immediately pulled the DWC again and pumped out all the water and replaced with new water and Inoculant. I'm glad it arrived as the leaves continued to curl and turn yellow. Hopefully this works as I would hate to loose my little girls at this point.

Good news is Platinum OG in soil is thriving and has really started plumping up.

I decided to do some selective defoliation. On Platinum I was mostly lolipopping and on Animal Cookies I was removing the worse of the damaged leaves.

September 7 - Day 46 -

Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant arrived today. Thank God for Amazon Prime.

I immediately pulled the DWC again and pumped out all the water and replaced with new water and Inoculant. I'm glad it arrived as the leaves continued to curl and turn yellow. Hopefully this works as I would hate to loose my little girls at this point.

Good news is Platinum OG in soil is thriving and has really started plumping up.

I decided to do some selective defoliation. On Platinum I was mostly lolipopping and on Animal Cookies I was removing the worse of the damaged leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1146610665.jpg
lol did you get the same stuff ? I just got mine and was wondering how much are you applying per gallon

September 10 - Day 49 -

I was pleased to see that the decline in Animal Cookies has subsided and she appears to be stabilizing. When checking out the roots they had turned from a brown color to a white color. I should have taken a picture but didn't think of it at the time. From the top side she really looks beat up with most of the tips of the leaves brown over the whole plant.

Comparing her to her sister it looks like this mishap has slowed her down as the flowers are not as dense as Platinum and don't seem to be changing much day to day. Not sure if this is due to the difference of species or my dumb mistake.

420-magazine-mobile1146610665.jpg
lol did you get the same stuff ? I just got mine and was wondering how much are you applying per gallon

Hi Dirtbagg -

That is the same stuff I got. I followed the top end of the label Directions:

Add 1 - 3 teaspoons (5-15 ml) of AquaShield per gallon (4 l) of water.

I used 75 ml in my 5 Gallon DWC.

Good news is that the recovery began almost instantly. I have continued to use weekly when I change the water. As a matter of fact I also gave her sister (Platinum in Soil) a 10 ml per gallon dosing at the same time.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to join in. I'm learning so much every day.

Sept 10 - Day 49

Platinum OG is really putting on sugar.

420-magazine-mobile628744037.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1200542841.jpg

420-magazine-mobile912149271.jpg

You can see the damage to the end of the leaves on Animal Cookie. She may be beat up but still looking beautiful to me.
420-magazine-mobile788312215.jpg

Following are some pictures of my Grow Room and lights.

I power 36x36x72 Grow Tent
420-magazine-mobile1550303162.jpg

600 watt LED

I power Carbon Filter GLFILT4M
420-magazine-mobile1292662383.jpg

AC Infinity Fans
420-magazine-mobile162547065.jpg

Thermopro TP60 thermometer and humidity monitor remote wireless sensor
420-magazine-mobile1320943405.jpg

September 21 - Day 43

Finally caught up

Here’s some pix of the ladies today.

Animal Cookies
420-magazine-mobile1138845571.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1266766169.jpg

Platinum OG
420-magazine-mobile953331342.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2048883310.jpg

Animal Cookies - she's improving but probably a week or 2 behind her sister.
420-magazine-mobile1595667788.jpg

looking good hopefully you sorted your infestation problem out and got your ph fluctuations sorted also be sure to have both switches on on your led during flower not just the red spectrum altho that can be done its not as powerfull ,i couldnt controll the heat in my grow space well till i got a better out take fan i got one thats stronger than needed then made it sound proof this can be done using just a cardboard box ,i learned loads from diarys and from great people on here:420::Namaste:

Thanks Velk

Pest have been eradicated and keeping an eye out for any intruders. PH has stabilized but last night I ran a flush and replaced my DWC tank with my normal nutes less the Molasses. The PH has been sticking solid at 6.2.

Been having a cool spell the last couple days so been running the lights on dual and temperatures stayed under 80. Yea.

What type of fan did you get for your grow. I bought a new Can Max Mixed Flow Inline Fan and it arrived this evening. She is a 6 inch fan rated at 334 CFM. Since I have a 4 inch Carbon Filter I used a reducer.

I saw the noise reduction method you describe on youtube and was thinking of giving it a try. Currently the noise isn't bad running on low speed. I'm going to see how the temps run tomorrow and if I need to crank her up I'm planning on using your method to quiet her down.

I need a more powerful fan to also help with the smell. In the past couple days the smell has gotten to a noticeable level, I suspect it is because I'm not pulling enough air through it with the 100 CFM vent fan I was using. It really taught me to not be a cheapskate as in the end it will only cost me more.

Back
Top Bottom