Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

After my abuse to the overachiever last week with busting off a limb, courage returned to tie her down again. Bushy bush is this one....made room for the new undergrowth in the blank spot to come forth. Replacing one top with what could become a nice four. See pic above.

It only took me since 4/20 to discover that the a/c vent in my room with my tent has been closed. Came to this realization about 24 hours ago. Twas a bit chili for me but the plants were digging the 68 degree temps. No heat stress for the plants nor the cultivator. Loving this adventure.

wowzers you keep your house that cold? I don't think my AC could make my house that cold even if I wanted it to lol

wowzers you keep your house that cold? I don't think my AC could make my house that cold even if I wanted it to lol

Thermostat is always set at 72, 365, 24/7. The house generally remains around 74. My belief is that this closet has a surplus of negative air pressure pulling extra air into the closet leading to the cooler temps. Plus this is the most insulated part of my house. The storm cellar so to speak. But my weather station reported a low of 68 over the past 24 hours. RH remains as usual low of 38 with a high of 52. Not bad for the fact that it was triple digit temps outside today.

Looking really nice, T2G1. Those girls will love the leds. I started with cfls too and got some nice buds but they were pretty fluffy and dried to almost no weight. Much happier withbleds and hids.
How are your rez temps? I ask because even with beneficials warding off nasties, the higher the water temps go the less dissolved O2 the water can hold. And when your roots get big they need a lot of O2. Too warm water can really start to slow growth and hurt final yields. Chillers are expensive but they are on my list of upgrades to come. I think i shared my ice probe chiller with you on another thread and it works great for a single bucket but there are otger things you can do. Thicker insulation around the bucket, ice bottles(but theyre a pita). On top of my ice probe i put my air pump and intake ducting in front of my central air vent and that helps a lot. Last week my temps were in the high 70s(yikes!) But this week i have them sitting comfortably at 68°.
As far as other things go... We have almost all busted branches overenthusiastically training. Hell my girl looks like she got jumped and mugged from my clumsy fingers trying to supercrop. Lol Also i have mixed more than one rez at the wrong concentration or forgotten if i had added something already. Dumping perfectly good nutes($$) down the drain a few times i will never do a change high again.
How are you doing your water changes? I know when the girls get big they get difficult to move put of the tent to dump them. This is the best $5 I've spent at wallyworlds online store.
420-magazine-mobile1427019495.jpg

Also if you get some spare cash pick up some great white. It makes amazing roots. This is from my last grow.
420-magazine-mobile1414515311.jpg
420-magazine-mobile63790118.jpg

Keep up the good work and sorry for the long post, brother. I love to see people knock it out of the park with dwc. My advice and opinions are just that, opinions. Take what fits and ignore the rest. Keep em green, my friend.

First of all, wow....that's some roots. And then, please keep the ideas and thoughts coming. No worries with the post. Beautiful pics and great info. As far as the res change goes, still toting the buckets at this stage. However have been giving thoughts to a pump and what you presented sounds like a new toy in my future. And a bargain one at that. Gotta love wallyworld. As far as O2, that has been forefront on my mind lately. Have been looking into larger air pumps for sure and "professional" ston es to replace my aquarium round rocks. Going to investigate the great white, yeah right "extra cash" on a fixed retirement income from Uncle Sam.....lol....tell me another one. Just last night I have solved any temp problems that may rear their temps my way. Opened the vent that has been closed for almost a quarter century in the closet. Low today was 68. Res temps remain always around the mid 70s since insulating the buckets and replacing the air every minute with fresh a/c. You nailed all of my concerns in one post Lazarus and even gave me a new nickname. Love it. Again thank you. May we all get the final outcome we are so vigilant to achieve.

And hydro is the best because you get to see all tge growth above and below "ground" level. Plants have fascinated me my whole life... Solar powered life processes... If only we could run on sunlight. Lol. Smoke a fatty and contemplate that for a bit.

Ok Lazarus, where do you have the hidden camera? And just how are you reading my thoughts? Participating in just what you recommended. And I sit right in front of my babies adding to their co2. You are so right, hydro is very fun and intriguing.

Time flies when you are having fun and this is great fun for sure. it is hard to believe that on 4/20 two bag seeds were put to germ and now these beauties are ready for the next phase of life. Tomorrow marks a full moon and the werewolf in me loves the nighttime. Let's extend the nighttime an additional 6 hours. Going to flip to 12/12.

Puzzled. These plants have been under 18/6 light cycle now for 7 weeks from germ on 4/20. Only in the last 36 hours have they been under a new led. Look at this top....
420-magazine-mobile694134518.jpg
It appears to me to be flowering already. There are no female pistils nor male pods anywhere on any of the joints. Plenty of preflower on every intersection and nice growth but no direct indication yet of sex. Only these beautiful tops growing everywhere. Keep in mind these beans were bag seed. Strain unknown. Is it possible that the buds I received had autoflower genes? Or because they were only under cfls allowed the plant to enter the flowering stage with an 18/6 schedule. Hmmmmm?

Puzzled. These plants have been under 18/6 light cycle now for 7 weeks from germ on 4/20. Only in the last 36 hours have they been under a new led. Look at this top....
420-magazine-mobile694134518.jpg
It appears to me to be flowering already. There are no female pistils nor male pods anywhere on any of the joints. Plenty of preflower on every intersection and nice growth but no direct indication yet of sex. Only these beautiful tops growing everywhere. Keep in mind these beans were bag seed. Strain unknown. Is it possible that the buds I received had autoflower genes? Or because they were only under cfls allowed the plant to enter the flowering stage with an 18/6 schedule. Hmmmmm?
You might be seeing pre-flower because of the plant's age. I believe that sometimes photo strains produce pre-flower when they are 'mature' enough to flower but the flowers won't develop much until the light cycle changes to 12 hours or more of darkness. Essentially the plant is old enough that in nature it would start flowering soon so it's started to prepare.

If the plants were under cool spectrum CFLs and the LEDs have a larger proportion of red this could possibly be read as a signal to prepare for flowering.

Thats weird! But she's beautiful! :)

You're a sure of your light schedule?
I had a friend that wanted to try to grow a couple years ago, and he put the light 8h on 16h off! :laughtwo:

You wont need those cfl anymore I guess! ;)

Double, triple, quadruple checked the timer. All seems ok. The cfls are going to be used as lower plant side lighting.

You might be seeing pre-flower because of the plant's age. I believe that sometimes photo strains produce pre-flower when they are 'mature' enough to flower but the flowers won't develop much until the light cycle changes to 12 hours or more of darkness. Essentially the plant is old enough that in nature it would start flowering soon so it's started to prepare.

If the plants were under cool spectrum CFLs and the LEDs have a larger proportion of red this could possibly be read as a signal to prepare for flowering.

Four of the cfls were daylight or 5000k @ 23watts. The other four are much larger, 2700k @ 40watts. Perhaps your thinking is correct due to the majority of the light coming from the cool spectrum cfls. Then when I added the new led 3 days ago I did put the light on full spectrum. In either case, my plan is to flip to 12/12 tonight. Still waiting on the definite sign of female pistils somewhere other than the tops. Thank you for your input.

If you see female pistils it's for sure a female lol. Good luck with the flip.

CG, nowhere are pistils showing except from what looks like white pistils showing from the tops only. No nada in any of the branches themselves where one would normally sex a plant. What do you think?

CG, nowhere are pistils showing except from what looks like white pistils showing from the tops only. No nada in any of the branches themselves where one would normally sex a plant. What do you think?
Pistils anywhere indicate a female. Cannabis is not both male and female unless it's a Hermie.

Pistils anywhere indicate a female. Cannabis is not both male and female unless it's a Hermie.

Perhaps it is time to cheer then, for both plants are doing the same thing. Can't wait for the lights to come on so I can look in on them again. Will be carrying out a systemic search thoroughly for additional pistils tonight.

A usb microscope is in the mail. That would help these old eyes see up close what is growing for sure.

Back
Top Bottom