@MissBud

See those three little icons in the lower left corner of each post? Green circle, scales, red caution triangle? Click the middle one, and fill in the comment box. Just recognize that you will need to give rep to others besides Twelve in order to (obviously) keep giving Twelve rep as time goes on! ; D

@Missbud

See those three little icons in the lower left corner of each post? Green circle, scales, red caution triangle? Click the middle one, and fill in the comment box. Just recognize that you will need to give rep to others besides Twelve in order to (obviously) keep giving Twelve rep as time goes on! ; D

Thanks a bunch ShutUpDonny:high-five:

I haven't really heard too much about it until recently:loopy:

Siscokid
  • Not sure what's wrong there but have you figured it out? I've read your identical post on your journal and TourtureSoul got the solution. If you're experiencing small jpeg best to have the width at 900px or 1024px.

Mr Krip
  • I think Siscokid got it resolved, thanks for your quick respond.

missbud
  • Thank you for the kind words, missbud. Wish I have an editor sometimes I don't understand what I wrote. Glad you found it useful. :}

ShutUpDonny
  • Thanks for helping out missbud. :}

I tried to help ya but cameras are not my strong point. I know tungsten helps with hps lighting. I fumble through the rest. I repped Twelve12 too.

Yes Mr. Smith - you most definitely did try to help me out. :thanks:

I think I read your post though right after I spent most of the day figuring it out - of course! Anyway, thanks again Mr. Smith - I really did appreciate the effort. :high-five:

Hey Twelve12,

First off +reps for everything.

That floater cloner isnt something i would do, just me personally cuz i can be a klutz. Kick the bucket over oops!! But the fact that you came up with something like that is truly incredible. Definitely unique.

Carbon filters are expensive. That DIY is awesome. Thank you for saving me plenty of dollars down the road!

Your veg tent is always awesome to look at. But im diggin the Gas Lantern. Im going to give that a go when I start a new batch of clones.

And you always do have the best trich pics goodness. Send tgose to be put into the newest version of cervantes!

Magic beans > Thank you very much. Going to redesign the float cloner into a rectangle shape instead of round to fit more clones. Not in a hurry for rooted clones and when I am this will speed things up.

Can't wait to see how the GLR does for your grow. Quite amazing with increased growth, health, and extended ballast/bulb life with the decrease of electric cost. Just for the record, I'm never letting go of this cycle. I'll have the final thoughts on GLR in few days. Till this day no pre-flowering happening under the routine for vegetative growth, which is a good thing.

Update: Gas Lantern Routine - Week 4 completion

To recap the Gas Lantern Routine; basically it uses 12/12 photoperiod with 1hr on between the dark cycle for vegetative growth.

Goes like this.

• 12 hrs on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • 1hr on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • repeat

Been running this light cycle for a month and the results are amazing. I would say this light cycle is superior to any other light cycle for vegetative growth.

For veg:
  • 12-1 (Gas Lantern Routine) - Superior
  • 15/9 - High
  • 16/8 - High
  • 18/6 - Middle
  • 24/0 - Low

Here are the results from each week. I've trimmed a few times and the tent bounce back with more growth.

Before the switch
MG_1697.jpg

1st Week Results
MG_1782.jpg

2nd Week Results - Trimmed after photos taken
MG_1845.jpg

3rd Week Results - New Growth - Trimmed (center)
MG_1973.jpg

4th Week Results
- New Growth - Trimmed (center)
MG_2018.jpg

MG_2019.jpg

MG_2021.jpg

MG_2020.jpg

No pistils/balls till this day.

I left the top area of the tent alone (only trimmed once) to see the height differences between the new growth and the old tops. Every two weeks the tent gets really dense so new cuttings are made to keep them in check. I have over 15 strains in here not recommended for small tent even the one I use 4x4 is quite small, it can get crowded if you don't have use for the cuttings. Good thing I got the 2L SOG running for the clones.

To solve the solution is to keep the mother plants small, bonsai small while keeping some at normal height. So every two weeks I trim the plants at normal height while letting the bonsai grow, and 2 weeks later take cuttings from the bonsai (should be at normal height by then) while letting the new bonsai plants grow, and repeat the cycle. I also have my own tissue culture going (more on this later) to preserve the clones when the cloner is running full capacity. This way the tent is kept at growth balance.

Pro:
  • Saves electricity (11hrs of saving from 24/0, 5hrs of saving from 18/6)
  • Promote healthy plants. Any deficiency it has the plant will be able to bounce back with new growth after adjustment is made.
  • Promote plants growth, 2x more than 18/6, and 3-4x more from 24/0
  • Cuttings will root much faster with thicker roots and more hairs
  • Clones under bloom (12/12) will induce flowering much sooner
  • Less on hours = less heat = stealth

Con:
  • Must have good ventilation if the tent is closed or the tent has to be left open for the 1hr on between the dark cycle.
  • Must have good odor control. Healthy plants produce more aroma even in veg.
  • Plants in small container may get root bound due to rapid growth

Some tips using GLR (theory):
  • Have the light on a timer so the on/off is consistent daily. Manual on/off may induce flowering.
  • Use mix light or MH. Try not to use just HPS. The spectrum from HPS may induce flowering even with the 1 hour on between the dark cycle.
  • For the 1 hour on use a cheap light source like Fluorescent light or CFL instead of using HID light. Have it on a separate timer only turn on 1hr between the dark cycle and have the HID light set at 12/12. Normally with any other light cycle the ballast is turned on once in 24hrs, with GLR it turned on twice. This may shorten the lifespan of the ballast and bulb. If you decided to run Fluo/CFL then make sure the tent is well lid any shaded area or area left in the dark may induce flowering. The 1 hour on between dark cycle help destroy floral hormone, lack of light will not be able to destroy the hormone and will send your plants in bloom.

I'm very impressed by the results from GLR. I give this light cycle a passing grade:

A+

You're safe to run this light cycle if you want. I'm using this exclusively for all clones/seedling/and plants in vegetative growth.

For the 1 hour on use a cheap light source like Fluorescent light or CFL instead of using HID light. Normally with any other light cycle the ballast is turned on once in 24hrs, with GLR it turned on twice. This may shorten the lifespan of the ballast and bulb.

Good point! I am going to rig up a cfl for this tonight.

I am seeing the same thing...the mother table is over run every two weeks...and I strip them down pretty good.
One other pro is you have a lot less heat build up=less energy to cool

That's good to know about the HPS alone not keeping them from blooming. I'll have to make sure to get a fixture for my CFL tomorrow! Actually, could I use a MH bulb in my HPS setup? I've read online that they are different somehow, and using the wrong combo can shorten the life of the bulb, the rig, or both - any opinion? They did try to sell me a MH bulb for this at the shop, but I had them take it off, as I was planning to use one bulb the whole way. I keep hearing how much better the MH is for rapid, compact growth in veg, and less heat, so I'm thinking of picking one up after all.

SauronBlue > Yeah, I'm using mix spectrum right now and it's great. I'm also running mix spectrum in flowering too and is getting good results. Check your ballast to see if you can run MH bulbs, some digital ballast can while some may be exclusive to one type. MH definitely runs a bit cooler. Running HPS on MH ballast (or vice versa) will definitely shorten the lifespan of both, or the bulb might explode. The good thing about duel spectrum is when taking pictures the subject looks 3D. The ventilation must keep up with the cooling for more lights or you're just going to hurt the plants with heat.

Hey 12....seems you are the camera guru in these parts...Is there anything that can be done to prevent those funky lines that show up when the HID's are on?

Both my cell and the hand held do it under HPS and MH lighting.

Hey 12/12, so I mentioned a while back that I went with the GLR time setup, but I was concerned with my OG skunk that was showing pistols with 24 hours of light, well it appears that that plant specifically (well maybe all pistiling plants in veg, but I know for a fact, specifically the OG skunk, I am running :p) Well that plant specifically starts budding slightly even with a 12 hours on, 5:15 off, 1:30 on, 5:15 off. I tried with the hour break and it still started budding, so I jumped up to the 1:30 light slap in the middle but still, the OG skunk only are budding. My other 2 strains in the same tent are flourishing without issue in Veg and I love the energy savings. Due to time issues, I will be switching that tent to 12/12 or 11/13 to flower everything in my megagarden/veg tent soon in any case.

Still just wanted to let people know that if a plant is showing pistils even with 24 hours light that it is most likely too ready to handle GLR :p

I will still be using GLR with most of my setups, just not ones with OG skunk with pistols :p Must say, was so random, all my other plants love the time setup, well all my plants love it, one type (about 6 plants) just loves it for flowering haha.

Back
Top Bottom