SauronBlue ~ I might do it! Just have to grow more to fund the new photo hobby. Like 420Grils love the idea of sexy woman with Cannabis! I like your list of magazine names, lol.

missbud ~ Im shocked, you don't have a good handy man in your life? How you know I'm really a man? Could be a hermie, female, male, or an alien..1 out o 4 or 2 out of 4...Thank you for your kind words. Sharing knowledge and helping each other out will help spread Cannabis awareness faster and wider.

Magic beans ~ I noticed some magazine have that, plant centerfold. I guess if I were to take some nugs in Japan they'll be pixelated...

Just wanted to bust in and tell you that I'm about 10 days into GLR in my little tent and the girls are freakin LOVING it. Even with the pruning and LST I've put them through they grow noticeably every single day. Great stuff, and thanks again for getting the word out.

Thanks X, I'm just having fun and sharing what I've learn. Plants are easy to photograph they don't get bored when I'm trying out different shots. If people apply the tips to their photos of the plants will look more amazing like seeing them in real life. Learn to use the camera is the first step. Sometimes I shoot with the cap on, so definitely not a pro but I'll continue to share what I've learn. Might start shooting sexy girls and start my own PlayBoy magazine called PlayKush...

Have you checked out the 420girls site yet? 420 beat you to it!

420 Girls® - Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993

Experimentation - Twelve12's Time Capsule

Almost like Tissue Culture but without the complex of mixes and process. The Time Capsule is very simple to create; glass jar or plastic container with plain tap water 1/2 - 3/4 filled and place in the cuttings. Just 12 day into the TC so we'll see how long it can hold the cuttings without killing it. I'm looking for over 2 months, 4-6 months would be excellent.

MG_2081.jpg
MG_2084.jpg
MG_2087.jpg
MG_2086.jpg

The TC is used for:

• Waiting station for new cuttings for the next available slot in DIY aero/float cloner. With the GLR cycle the veg tent is explosive. Fresh cuttings are made often so the tent is not too crowded. The cuttings are saved and placed in TC to feed the clone army.
  • Male plants: I trim down the male plants and get rid of the entire plants once I got some clones in the flowering room for breeding. The male is no longer needed for another 4-6 months before another cross/backcross. Being in the TC will help free up some space in the veg tent. Since I have many cuttings will buy a lot of time before a father plant is needed again for more cuttings and the process repeats.

Current VIP stay

Snapz-Pro-Xx001.jpg

Twelve!

Cool beans that you're doing the tissue culture thing. I've read up on it quite a bit (possibly due to something you posted, lol). Love how you're advancing your knowledge, and ours in the process, by bringing some advance skills to our fine hobby. Oh, and congrats on MOTM -- couldn't be more deserved. :bravo:

missbud ~ Im shocked, you don't have a good handy man in your life? How you know I'm really a man? Could be a hermie, female, male, or an alien..1 out o 4 or 2 out of 4...Thank you for your kind words. Sharing knowledge and helping each other out will help spread Cannabis awareness faster and wider.

I was starting to think you were some sort of robot genius but I saw a portion of your hand in a pic =P

I am in no shock you won the MOTM. As X said, couldn't be more deserved:bravo::adore::cheer:

Member of the Month October... You deserved it! Congrats! I have learned much reading you here. Thanks

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoy the journals.

Right now I'm working on my "Command Center" in Microsoft Excel to have a bird eye perspective on the grow operation. Keeping track of it all help things run smoothly.

This is just an overview of what's been done and the todo list.

Done:
- Removed Pineapple Chunk & Hammerhead from the collection.
- Removed one male plant of Firestorm only keeping one
- Germinating 2 mystery seeds. I think it's fun to see what come out of it.
- Transplanted the Super Lemon Haze from 1gal airpot to 3gal, training for clone factory.
- Flushed all the flowering plants with SNS203 to kill thrips and flushed again with plain water before top it off with light feeding (700 PPM).
- Trimmed 1/4 of the veg tent and place the cuttings in Time Capsule.

To do:
- Get more 2L bottles (16 for this week)
- Clean out the closet grow for 2L invasion
- Trim down the rest of veg tent
- Create a proper Time Capsule area for cuttings
- Transplant the Pineapple Express bonsai mom to 3gal airpot for clone production
- Flower Black Domina, Firestorm, Downtown Stumble, and Early Queen clone to determined sex
- Cut back on nute
- smoke a bowl or two

That's quite a list. How do you train a plant for cloning? I have a Super Lemon Haze and a Smellyberry I want to mother also. They are 18 days old right now in a one gallon pots.

Hey 12! Good lookin as usual :thumb:

I love the last one on the To do: list best, I think most of us have that one on are list.

Good news is I have power again, over a week without just proves how strong our plants are. I mean d@mn they look just as they did before no power.

Keep it up 12!
:peace:

Very Impressive twelve12, I was unaware of your expertise. I'm glad its now word; veg best served on an 16/8 hour basis (not including gas lamp). Your plants look so healthy, and I've seen those tents before. I'll consider one as a future investment. I'll be checking further into your journal, because your have quality work and well documented. I see why you recently won member of the month, congratulations to you on that; well earned and deserved.

P.S. nice trade marking on the photos

Update: Gas Lantern Routine - Week 4 completion

To recap the Gas Lantern Routine; basically it uses 12/12 photoperiod with 1hr on between the dark cycle for vegetative growth.

Goes like this.

• 12 hrs on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • 1hr on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • repeat

Been running this light cycle for a month and the results are amazing. I would say this light cycle is superior to any other light cycle for vegetative growth.

For veg:
  • 12-1 (Gas Lantern Routine) - Superior
  • 15/9 - High
  • 16/8 - High
  • 18/6 - Middle
  • 24/0 - Low

Awesome results 12, i was reading your suggestions with the different lights to be used. What or how do you think a strickly led light would perform with the GLR???? curious, currently only using my 180w advanced led light for two seedings that just sprouted, got it running 24 but they arenʻt in a tent just in the unused bathroom with light hanging right over, good ventilation in there. thanks and congrats you scientist:Namaste::adore::thumb:

Update: Gas Lantern Routine - Week 4 completion

To recap the Gas Lantern Routine; basically it uses 12/12 photoperiod with 1hr on between the dark cycle for vegetative growth.

Goes like this.

• 12 hrs on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • 1hr on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • repeat

Been running this light cycle for a month and the results are amazing. I would say this light cycle is superior to any other light cycle for vegetative growth.

For veg:
  • 12-1 (Gas Lantern Routine) - Superior
  • 15/9 - High
  • 16/8 - High
  • 18/6 - Middle
  • 24/0 - Low

Awesome results 12, i was reading your suggestions with the different lights to be used. What or how do you think a strickly led light would perform with the GLR???? curious, currently only using my 180w advanced led light for two seedings that just sprouted, got it running 24 but they arenʻt in a tent just in the unused bathroom with light hanging right over, good ventilation in there. thanks and congrats you scientist:Namaste::adore::thumb:

I'm assuming for GLR to work you have to be able to control your dark periods. If you're working in a spare bathroom I think you're probably better off sticking to 24/0.

1970s Grower ~ Normally I transplant the plant into a bigger pot so they can bush out. The top matches the bottom, the plant has a mirror effect so if we want bushy plant we need room for root to grow. Once transplanted, we want to top/FIM/LST combo. They love it after transplant as new growth are coming out the hormone is distributed well for all side branches to grow into main. After 2 weeks a few cuttings can be taken, cut above the node so two more grows out in 2 weeks. With feeding schedule in place and GLR above the plant should bush out really fast.

MSquared ~ Good to hear you're getting power back! Back and rock n roll!

ThaRealTreJay ~ Thank you. Try GLR out you will never go back to any other cycle. I just trimmed the veg tent once again and add more cuttings to the Time Capsule (to buy some time before placing in the aero/float cloner). It is ridiculous how fast they grow and will only grow faster once the plant is reached full maturity (clone factory).

Mr Smith ~ True. Never enough time. About that, the Time Capsule is not a true Tissue Culture (which can keep the plant alive for months without much growth), still bought at least additional 3 weeks - 1 month time before roots starts to form. Some strains are faster than others. More on this soon…

kola bear ~ Thank you. It should work fine with LED. I'm running the LED for clones and HID for mothers and they are growing fast. Keep the light closer so the 1 hour on have enough intensity to break up the floral hormone. Too far away or too much red spectrum may trigger flowering. Heisenberg is correct if the restroom is used then dark period will be interrupted and may stress out the plants even more. If the restroom is unused then GLR will work.

Back
Top Bottom