Jinxter, Great setup you got going on. Your TD looks a lot better than mine, lots of white pistils. When the TD just started flowering it's really weird formation, now starting to take shape. We have two different pheno type, from the pics I can see yours will be growing quite strong. I see you got the flood drain, have you done DWC before? That OG is frosty!

Shaggie-420, Thanks man for that Diatomaceous Earth recommendation. I'll check them out. The ladybugs arrived and already let them loose in the jungle. Turns out they just run around and not eating up the bugs...maybe they are not hungry yet. Also, a few got burn on the hps lights, smells awful good thing I got the scrubber going on before it spreads through the house! Don't think these will be effective...Going to give it a week then release them into the wild.

-

Transplanted rooted clones to the DWC buckets filled with hydrotons, was wondering what is the average time for the root to reach through the net and into the water? Been pouring some water with 1/4 strength nuts from the top until the roots reaches the bottom. First time with DWC.

i dont know how ? thank u 12

Jinxter, Great setup you got going on. Your TD looks a lot better than mine, lots of white pistils. When the TD just started flowering it's really weird formation, now starting to take shape. We have two different pheno type, from the pics I can see yours will be growing quite strong. I see you got the flood drain, have you done DWC before? That OG is frosty!

Hey Twelve12,

My system is actually drip to drain custom built. Haven't really thought about dwc because it just take to much time to maintain. dip to drain or flood to drain i would recommend because you can have a large reservoir and not worry about mixing water every day. A large plant can drink up to 5 litres a day and unless you use 5 gallon buckets.

My system is already close to dwc but with more access to air. I run my drip every hour for the first 6 hours of lights on and then drop it down to once every 2 hours for the remainder 6 hours. Each watering runs for 10 minutes.

My system is off a little bit thought because I'm not running my Co2. I should have it running this weekend. My last run I got 3 feet of growth in flowering in 2.5 weeks time. I vegged these ones longer so I should be good just Need to get it on asap to enhance bud growth. Plus my plants will be able to take in more nutriants to promote the growth.

Shame to hear that the ladybugs arnt doing much. That's how they were with me as well just stink and walk around and die. Your best bet is azamax for trips. You can add it to the reservour or make a foiler spray. Its said that azamax can be used up to the day before harvest but I try to keep away for the final 2 weeks.

Nice grows bro, i Cant wait to see what your scrogged pineapple chunk looks like. Theoretically if they have the same flowering time we should finish at around the same time. Let me know how your stretch goes with those. Have you noticed more sativa or indica qualities? And im sorry if i missed it if you slready said but what brand is your 180w LED? Ur buds look cold...

Jinxter, automation is what I'm aiming for in the future. With the perpetual grow it does take up a lot of time keeping an eye on the plants. Did you built your system or was it purchased already built? My first attempt in hydro thought I would go with the cheapest built, DWC. They are in 5gal pot so there will not be much watering until the water gets 1/4 left. I released most of the ladybugs out in the backyard and let them be free. I'll try the spray soon. If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost of your electricity bill for the summer in June and July? Mine went up to like $370. Yikes! It does get hot around here.

Nice grows bro, i Cant wait to see what your scrogged pineapple chunk looks like. Theoretically if they have the same flowering time we should finish at around the same time. Let me know how your stretch goes with those. Have you noticed more sativa or indica qualities? And im sorry if i missed it if you slready said but what brand is your 180w LED? Ur buds look cold...

Hey MB! Just put her under 12/12 so will see how she react to the scrog in a week. She's in there with 3 other strains; Hammerhead, 1024, and Cheese. It will get crowded soon. Had to flower these mothers don't have veg room, and the seedlings got bigger now they took over their spot. The mothers are 2 months old before putting under 12/12. She's more indica with some sativa, not sure exactly on %. The 180w LED I use are two 357 Magnums (for Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Express). The PC is under 400w hps. Hope I produce good this up coming months, ppl are waiting for the new flavors. If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost of your June & July electricity bill?

Man, Twelve12 I love your setup, I'm trying to move to multi stage areas beyond my goofy little grow cab and my tent :D, What I want is a tall grow tent so I can have a new plant in my flower tent every 4 weeks.... some day haha.

Hey Whatbran, actually the grow room is quite small. 12x15 good enough to hold 2 4x4x6.5 tents (flowering tents) and still have some room for the veg area on 5-tier shelving system between the tents and the closet, with the closet is also for flowering. Expand a little at a time until you are satisfy with the operation and keep it going, fine tune, and experiment.

Thanks for the response, good to know, what can be done in such a small space. I'm slowly getting there, but everything is a bit more scattered :p One tent for flowering and growth and a little box for my next round clones. trying to convince the wife to let me get a second tent just for growth, we'll see how that goes haha.

Twelve12,

I am built it my self. Cost was like $80 for 8 sites a my reservoir is just a 5 gallon bucket. I have to refill often because I don't have space for a larger one.

My bill is around $ 400 my ac is on just about 24/7.

Thanks for the response, good to know, what can be done in such a small space. I'm slowly getting there, but everything is a bit more scattered :p One tent for flowering and growth and a little box for my next round clones. trying to convince the wife to let me get a second tent just for growth, we'll see how that goes haha.

Oh yes, living in NYC tends to make one use most of the available space. If you decide to get the tent a 4x4x6.5 is less than $100 on ebay. I got two since they where such a great deal. You can make a deal with your wife, say you'll cook and clean for a month if she let you expand the operation, heh.

Twelve12,

I am built it my self. Cost was like $80 for 8 sites a my reservoir is just a 5 gallon bucket. I have to refill often because I don't have space for a larger one.

My bill is around $ 400 my ac is on just about 24/7.

What do you use for automation? Might have to upgrade to ebb & flow in few months. If changing out DWC each 5gal x 22 it's going to be crazy. I'm cutting down power cost by using the 180w x2 LED for flowering back to back. Just have to do the work of moving it from one tent to the closet daily until I can save up to get a few more. Putting the HPS away until Winter. My roommates where shocked at the electricity cost, I gave them extra so they don't freak out too much.

12 those roots should hit the rez in around a wk :bong:

Thanks SS! It's almost a week now, no root to the rez yet. But the girls are still growing so that's a good sign. I'm sure they'll explode once the roots hit the rez with nutrient and oxygen rich water.

@Twelve12
My bill for june-july was $150. Besides growing i probly use about $5 in electricityfor other things so prob about 145 for growing. The ac in the grow room(1 room with 3 tents) has been on almost 24/7 due to the heat wave weve been enduring. Also, i was vegging under 2 44 t5s and flowering under a 600w hps. Now once i get a few more LEDs i calculate my bills will probably stay in the 60 or 70$ range. Especially since the ac wont b used as much. About those 357 magnum leds: have u gone thru a complete flower cycle with that yet? And if so how was the yield and ifnot im looking forward to seeing results. Im a dirm believer in LEDs and probably will never go back to hps as long as i canfind the most advanced LEDs possible. They are the future no doubt, but i think just recently they havebecome the present and will only get better

Twelve12, I use 2 pumps 2 timers. I run them all in serie. Im really thinking about moving over to the flood drain system though because I'm haveing a tough time controlling my ppm. Because its drip I needed a way to soak all the roots and because my resrvour is so small I can't flood the pots so I use 6 inch grodan cubes. But my current problem lies with them as they store nutriants each time its watered. Going to try both next grow.

@Twelve12
My bill for june-july was $150. Besides growing i probly use about $5 in electricityfor other things so prob about 145 for growing. The ac in the grow room(1 room with 3 tents) has been on almost 24/7 due to the heat wave weve been enduring. Also, i was vegging under 2 44 t5s and flowering under a 600w hps. Now once i get a few more LEDs i calculate my bills will probably stay in the 60 or 70$ range. Especially since the ac wont b used as much. About those 357 magnum leds: have u gone thru a complete flower cycle with that yet? And if so how was the yield and ifnot im looking forward to seeing results. Im a dirm believer in LEDs and probably will never go back to hps as long as i canfind the most advanced LEDs possible. They are the future no doubt, but i think just recently they havebecome the present and will only get better

Your electricity is quite low, that's good! I'm running flowering with the 357 Magnums at the moment back to back. They are quite heavy but I'm working on my arms so it's all good. Yes, LED are the future of growing with hydroponic, all automated. Will definately let you know how they turns out in terms of yield. The Pineapple Express and Vanilla Kush veg and flowering under them so when they finish I'll have better idea how they perform during flowering. However, they are great in Veg! I never finish flower under the LED, tend to put them under HPS. Now, I'm forced to cut down on the power cost so these LED will do.

Twelve12, I use 2 pumps 2 timers. I run them all in serie. Im really thinking about moving over to the flood drain system though because I'm haveing a tough time controlling my ppm. Because its drip I needed a way to soak all the roots and because my resrvour is so small I can't flood the pots so I use 6 inch grodan cubes. But my current problem lies with them as they store nutriants each time its watered. Going to try both next grow.

Was thinking about the flood table too. Definitely try different methods for yourself to see which is better for you. I'm running multiple methods to see what's good along with multiple strains for my environment. So far I found out that Super Lemon Haze can survive in high temps 85-90 and still flower normally.

Journal Update:

The closet now has 5 strains; Hammerhead, 1024, Pineapple Express, Grapefruit Diesel (male), and Cheese. Will keep an eye on the GD once he start to show balls I'll be collecting them for the breeding program. This will be exciting! The GD is in a 32oz cup so can't really see him. While the other 4 strains are in 3gal bucket, soil hempy under scrog. Flipped to 12/12 last few days. Entering stretch period, follow by early bloom in 7 days. With the LED I move them daily from the closet to the growing tents. They are flowering back to back meaning once the closet has done with 12hrs, the tent turns on for 12hrs, and when the tents are off the closet is on. Of course there will be about 15-30mins delay start because I have to move them over, heh. Will do this until I can afford to get a few more. Will switch back to HPS once Winter kicks in, that will heat up the room keeping it warm instead of lava hot.

MG_0697.jpg
MG_0699.jpg

From the flowering tent the Super Lemon Haze is about to finish by the end of next week, early Aug. It's swollen and smell wonderful with candy lemon juice aroma. For next Summer I'll be growing more of Super Lemon Haze they can stand high temp with ease. Feed it water and nutrients and things will be ok. Also will be vegging them longer, I want to aim for 4in diameter cola.

MG_0708.jpg
MG_0711.jpg
MG_0710.jpg

Trying out the Rapid Rooter Plugs for the first time. Some strains root much faster then others. The Hammerhead is one of them. Also started seed in them and it turns out fine. I had in 10 mystery seeds (bagseeds) and two good seeds (AK-47 and White Widow), turns out the good seeds sprouted first. The mystery seeds been kept in a bag over few years so they might of lost germination rate, not as fresh. Still got hundreds more so I'll be trying to pop some for the breeding program.

MG_0694.jpg

The clones are in semi-hydro vegging out few more weeks before I make more 5gal DWC units for them to sit in. HomeDepot is currently having multi colors 5gal buckets for sale, they are gray, purple, light green and does not have their logo on it. Cost under $4 each so I might pick up a few soon.

MG_0702.jpg
MG_0704.jpg
MG_0703.jpg

That's all for now. Thanks for tuning in.

Back
Top Bottom