Hi Twelve12 hows it going i see you changed your name hehe ,its been a few weeks since i was here hows your Hammerhead going ? i have got 7 more hammerheads in veg as i type this and a hammerhead cross afghanica and blackjack x badweed just about to turn them to 12 :) Sorry i didnt get back to my grow forum with updates things happen loose track of time etc etc but in the end i would rate the smoke of the hammerhead about a 7 out of 10 it says to grow for 60 days i let it go for about 63 days but this time i will let it go for maybe 70 day or so i didnt wait for trich to turn amber ;( i like my smoke amber heheh i need to learn to wait i got 8 and 1/2 oz from the 6 little plants not to shabby any way talk soon mate !

p.s my male white russian i killed it some how i dont know what happen but i got no russian pollen spewing ;( maybe i was to bent and gave it to much of somthing hehe

Hey Ozman, glad to see you back in action! Was wondering where you went. Probably out enjoying your recent Hammerhead harvest. Things are busy here, I got one Hammerhead in her last week of veg for the ScrOG grow. She has a bloom-mate, Pineapple Chunk. She's under 400w MH atm to speed up veg growth filling in the scrOG before 12/12. Hope mine turns a bit purple like the advertised photo. Wow, 8.5 oz is great! If I get that much I'll be getting two more LED!

Can't wait to see your new grow with the new cross. I'm getting into breeding atm, waiting for a male to show up from the bunch of regular seeds. To me, it's easy to grow and harvest, the fun part is to try and create a new strain among the available quality strains. Will have to get a smaller tent for when the time comes, right now I'm still waiting to see some balls.

Twelve12, man, I can't get over how clean, organized and nice your grow area looks!!! Clean as a science lab!!! I never tried red dragon, but the blue dragon's I am growing I would recommend for anyone... Out of all 3 strains, it was the most non finiky, hearty and so far a very quick bloomer, almost done at around 50 day flower... I can't wait till I have the room to expand my setup like yours!!! great job!!

Hey Ozman, glad to see you back in action! Was wondering where you went. Probably out enjoying your recent Hammerhead harvest. Things are busy here, I got one Hammerhead in her last week of veg for the ScrOG grow. She has a bloom-mate, Pineapple Chunk. She's under 400w MH atm to speed up veg growth filling in the scrOG before 12/12. Hope mine turns a bit purple like the advertised photo. Wow, 8.5 oz is great! If I get that much I'll be getting two more LED!

Can't wait to see your new grow with the new cross. I'm getting into breeding atm, waiting for a male to show up from the bunch of regular seeds. To me, it's easy to grow and harvest, the fun part is to try and create a new strain among the available quality strains. Will have to get a smaller tent for when the time comes, right now I'm still waiting to see some balls.

sound good :)

my cross plants i have going are 2 hammerhead x Afghanica but im not sure if they are male or female yet pretty sure 1 is male , i also have 2 others blackjack x bagweed plus im just waiting on fem Great white shark to germinate and another hammerhead x afghanica just in case the first 2 hammerhead x afghanica are male hehe and on top of that i have 7 Hammerhead ,,,,i just put them into 12/12 if the unsexed plants turn out to be male i might turn the lights back to 18/6 just to let the white shark catch up we will see how it goes :high-five:

Hey Ozman,

The HH looks awesome, I'm growing it in scrOG right now and it is responding well. Are you starting your own breeding program or just crossing for fun? I'm going to try and do true breeding. I understand this will take years, or at least multiple generations to stabilize the desire traits. Definitely will cross Hammerhead with one of the 100% strain and then do cubing to see what available. Once I see a male (got a lot of regular seeds) will get a small tent 2x3x5 and let them have an orgy and see what we'll get.

Going to check out your new grow journal.

Twelve12, man, I can't get over how clean, organized and nice your grow area looks!!! Clean as a science lab!!! I never tried red dragon, but the blue dragon's I am growing I would recommend for anyone... Out of all 3 strains, it was the most non finiky, hearty and so far a very quick bloomer, almost done at around 50 day flower... I can't wait till I have the room to expand my setup like yours!!! great job!!

Hey Ice,

The Red Dragon is not that impressive for commercial grow. It is for personal. Great smoke but yield isn't great. Will try the Blue Dragon though, from what I've seen it does great in scrog ;)

Wearing white latex gloves will make the grow room look clean and organize. :D

Hey 12!

I love how your rooms are looking there are so many plants to keep track of, that must be time consuming for sure. Everything is looking great as you already know ;) your photo's are really awesome by the way. what lens/f stop are you using? great job on everything I hope all goes well with the future room improvements to reach your goal, it looks like you are not far from reaching it already.

Hey Ozman,

The HH looks awesome, I'm growing it in scrOG right now and it is responding well. Are you starting your own breeding program or just crossing for fun? I'm going to try and do true breeding. I understand this will take years, or at least multiple generations to stabilize the desire traits. Definitely will cross Hammerhead with one of the 100% strain and then do cubing to see what available. Once I see a male (got a lot of regular seeds) will get a small tent 2x3x5 and let them have an orgy and see what we'll get.

Going to check out your new grow journal.

good to hear cant wait to see the end result :)

I just like to get seeds of good strains if i dont have many of that strain thats all :peace:

Heya Twelve12, man those are some nice looking plants and fantastic looking pictures. Sorry to hear about the bug issue. I hate stuff like that - can be hard to get rid of, but i'm sure you'll kick their ass with neem. :)

12/12
Man you have a very nice set-up. How is the TD and the PC doing? How long di you Veg them.

Hey CB! The TD is 1/2 way through flowering. The PC just went under 12/12. Vegged TD for 1 month, and PC for two the extra month for LST to fully take effect.

Hey 12!

I love how your rooms are looking there are so many plants to keep track of, that must be time consuming for sure. Everything is looking great as you already know ;) your photo's are really awesome by the way. what lens/f stop are you using? great job on everything I hope all goes well with the future room improvements to reach your goal, it looks like you are not far from reaching it already.

Hey SS! I love taking care of them, they're in all stages of growth. Keeping the perpetual going and harvest every 2 weeks, each time with different strains is my goal by the end of this month. Super Lemon Haze is finishing up in two weeks, two weeks later follow by Tangerine Dream, two weeks later Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Express, 2 wks later...you get the idea ;) hehe. It's really dry around here with quality smoke, so I'm working hard bringing the goods in.

Most of the time I shoot the pics at f/2.8 for closeups, and f/5.6-f/8 for group shots. Getting into hydro atm, seeing how successful first time grower with it inspired me. You know who. Will see how it goes!

good to hear cant wait to see the end result :)

I just like to get seeds of good strains if i dont have many of that strain thats all :peace:

The Grapefruit Diesel is a male! First male I'm keeping for my breeding program. Going to have him in an orgy with all the females in a month. Will have to get a small tent and call it the "Bloom Boom Room". You're right, having your own seeds can ensure the endless supply of quality strains.

Heya Twelve12, man those are some nice looking plants and fantastic looking pictures. Sorry to hear about the bug issue. I hate stuff like that - can be hard to get rid of, but i'm sure you'll kick their ass with neem. :)

Hey Xlr8! The bugs are really winning atm. The neem oil isn't working as fast as I wanted to. It's not a pesticide for instant kill, which is fine with its own way of dealing with pest. However, the bugs have high production rate that it can't seem to keep up, and I don't want to over spray the girls with neem. I'm not giving up that easily. 2,000 ladybugs reinforcement is on their way. That auto of yours got me want to try some. Will soon introducing autos to the perpetual! Any idea what offer good yield, less flowering time, and great smoke? Trying to find out more info on cloning autos...

Hey Xlr8! The bugs are really winning atm. The neem oil isn't working as fast as I wanted to. It's not a pesticide for instant kill, which is fine with its own way of dealing with pest. However, the bugs have high production rate that it can't seem to keep up, and I don't want to over spray the girls with neem. I'm not giving up that easily. 2,000 ladybugs reinforcement is on their way. That auto of yours got me want to try some. Will soon introducing autos to the perpetual! Any idea what offer good yield, less flowering time, and great smoke? Trying to find out more info on cloning autos...

Hey Twelve12,

Sorry to hear about the bugs but those are in fact thrips. I had them as well and they are a pain. Azural works best on them. Add it to your feed and it should do the trick. I haven’t used Azural for a while so I don’t remember when cut off is recommended during budding but if I am not mistaken its like 2 weeks prior to harvest should be ok?!?!? Neem oil is used mainly for spider mites which I had as well and found the best way to rid those is floramite. Neem oil, H2o2 or homemade concoctions just don’t do it. Got to be super careful with floramite though it’s some nasty stuff.

Currently I have a few going myself. Tangerine Dream that is just growing beautifully. My Super Lemon Haze is having a hard time with this one. I think I had a bad seed because this girl seems to have some sort of disease. She is super slow to grow, has deformed leafs and eagle clawing with minimum nuts and my room is at a steady 78 degree's. I also have 2 Phenos of OG Kush going. 1 from LA, another from up north. The LA version is a sativa dominant and produces amazing buds. The Nor Cal OG Kush is an indica dominant and is bushy but has like 15 to 20 tops and produces smaller and what seems to be fluffier buds but the nods are much closer. I will try to post up some photos when I get the chance.

Its great watching your grows. I have been following your TD grows since the first one that failed on you. In that time I was able to grow my own mother that like 4ft tall now and make a few clones that are each 3ft-4ft. My buds look similar to yours of the TD but I am only starting week 3.

Will keep you posted and good luck with those thrips. They aren’t good but they aren’t as bad as spider mites not even 1/100th.

Oh completly forgot to mention, Ladybugs. I tried them as well I in fact dropped 4500 of them in my room and no help...they only made a mess and stunk up the room. They are a great preventative or when you have a very small infestation. Plus thrips are not their favorit food. They love Aphids. Worth a shot as others have said they worked out for them and they are cheap.

I left you a little info in a reply to your post in the POTM thread, but I just copy/pasted it for you here too. The one I grew is the first one I've ever grown, (usually do regular seeds), but I can for sure recommend the one I grew, which is "Big Bang Automatic" by Greenhouse Seeds. I'm really impressed with it, and I expect a nice yield in the end. Glad I was able to provide a little inspiration to consider trying them! Here's some info as far as cloning that I also posted in the POTM thread:

"Auto-flower plants aren't really suitable for cloning. Once the seed starts, they start aging - and since they are not photo-period dependent, they are "on the clock" from day one. If you clone an auto-flower you are just going to stunt both the autoflower and the clone (poor yields for both). At least that's the theory. Basically, autos have to be grown from seed to yield well.

Along those same lines, many people advise against any kind of fimming, topping and even pruning because you can't extend the veg period for recovery. Any high stress training will, in theory, set back plant development. That's partially why this one has so many intact leaves and no topping, etc. (Though, I'm not much for a lot of pruning anyway -- but that's another story...)"

Hey Jinxter!

Thanks for dropping in. The pest are under control. Will eliminate them completely once I switch over from soil to hydro (DWC).Winter is coming up and it will seem odd carrying in bags of soil. Also, to me the reason I got pests was from soil. They only hung out on top layer but now they moved up which is causing stress. Things will be good once I make the complete switch over to hydro with clean batch of clones and mothers. Flowering out the ones in soil and that will be it.

The second run of TD is looking good. The SLH is a heavy eater 1/2 into flowering. Too bad yours is not working out I hope she'll make it giving you some quality smoke. My issue is the opposite, the SLH is strong but the TD is slow, heh. OG Kush sounds nice. The ones I look up on castle seed where sold out.

Would definitely like to check out your grow. Create a journal and we'll tune in.

Hey Xlr8! Thanks for the info. Big Bang Automatic sounds nice. What you've said about not doing anything to stress autos make sense. With their limited veg time, there's not much one can do but to let them finish on their own. Going to order a couple and let them have a race, which auto will start flowering first wins. heh

Journal Update:

Pineapple Express (1/1) - 2nd week bloom
MG_0669.jpg

Vanilla Kush (1/1) - 2nd wk bloom
MG_0674.jpg

LED tent (Pineapple Express & Vanilla Kush). They had their LST/Topping/FIM
MG_0671.jpg
MG_0676.jpg

Tangerine Dream (1/4) - 5th wk bloom
MG_0679.jpg

Red Dragon (1/1) - 6th wk bloom - Due end of July
MG_0682.jpg

Super Lemon Haze (1/4) - 7th wk bloom - Due end of July
MG_0685.jpg

DWC hydro. Slowly switching from soil to hydro. The Vanilla Kush are in 5gal with 10in bucket basket net and hydrotons.
MG_0691.jpg

Hammerhead & Pineapple Chunk mothers under the ScrOG. Giving these two till end of this week before flipping to 12/12. They will stretch a lot after for 1-2 weeks before showing pistils. Will flower them under 600w hps during the day, while the other flowering tents be on at night. Back to back flowering that way the room does not get overwhelm with heat.
MG_0688.jpg
MG_0690.jpg

That's all for now. Still working on the clone section and will have that up full force in a few weeks. Also introducing two more strains to my collection; AK-47 and White Widow!

Thanks for tuning in.

wow ,,speechless////

hey Twelve12,

I'm not much of a Jurnal keeper in fact I rarly get the chance to get online with work...

Here are a few pics of what I got going.

My Tangerine Dream and OG Kush (Sativa Pheno) are growing like Champs. I'll try to keep comparison on the TD with yours on this grow. The buds are about half the size of the OG's but I am hopful it will pick up. Most of the Sativa's that I have ran in the past seemed to pack on the most weight at week 7 to 10 so we got a little ways to go.

My OG Kush (Indica Phone) is buding GREAT but I am having a lot of tip burn and I am watering at half strenght H&G line. Looks like the indica pheno dosent like H&G or probably needs more CAL/MAG. Heat in the room is 68 to 78 steady...

And the Super Lemon Haze well I got a crappy seed, I should have ran more then 1 to start with. Think I am going to drop 3 more seeds and see how this one turns out on harvest. Maybe it will be a gimp but with super powers.

week 2.5 on all of the below

Tangerine Dream (Sativa Pheno)
IMAG00174.jpg

Tangerine Dream (Sative Pheno)
IMAG00157.jpg

Super Lemon Haze (Tired Pheno)
IMAG00199.jpg

OG Kush (Indica Pheno)
IMAG00378.jpg

OG Kush (Indica Pheno)
IMAG00239.jpg

OG Kush (Indica Pheno) top View
IMAG00323.jpg

OG Kush (Sativa Pheno)
IMAG00355.jpg

OG Kush (Sativa Pheno) Top View
IMAG002810.jpg

so i dont know why i didnt mention this before for the pests... Diatomaceous Earth - by Earthworks Health. its a food grade organic pest control that works unbelievably well.
thanks to petflora for bringing it to my attention again i used it a while back and never ordered more. check it out.. kills pests in 20 min and works way better than alot of the competition.

Back
Top Bottom