Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

Thanks Blaze. She's been easy to grow so far and has never really had a issue. She's a thirsty girl though her pot dries out a little quicker than the other 4 plants I have of the same age.

I'm using General Organics nutrient line and they put "Bio" in front of everything. I never thought of people thinking it was Biobizz so I'll be a little more specific from here on out. The only thing I've added to the feeding schedule is silica. I've tried to keep things simple with my nutrients but if anybody has any advice on what else I should add to the feeding schedule I'm all ears.:thumb: was thinking about some mammoth p..

Whats up Cannoisseuras,.. I'm trying to make the swim team:thumb:
Ya, it sucks but I'm glade it didn't happen on the top floor.. It would have made things a lot worse.

The Purple Urkle is a very slow vegger and most people avoid her for this reason,(And her yeild, she's not making any arm size colas soon)
Really nice smoke with a nice lasting flavor. Her THC tests don't usually hit I've 20% but the indica effect she provides makes up for it. I dried and cured her untrimmed this time and after a trim she stinks up the whole house. I gave my Mom a couple ounces of it (yes, my mother still smokes and gets lots of buds from her loving Son) and she said she opened a jar in her room and every body in the house could smell it. :thumb: I won't be wet trimming for awhile:Namaste:

I have friends who came home from a weekend away 2-3 weeks ago. Their porcelain toilet tank had broken on the top floor of a victorian house (Can't blame the manufacturer, their toilet was from the 30s.) Called the insurance company and lived around fans and workers for 4 days. They had to drill the walls and run heated air through them because the plaster (plaster and lath) had soaked up lots of water. Still too moist to patch and paint. No mold, but the stress shows in their faces.

- so yeah - be grateful it wasn't on the top floor.

Thanks for explaining that about Purple Urkle - I wondered why Grand Daddy Purp was more popular.

I have friends who came home from a weekend away 2-3 weeks ago. Their porcelain toilet tank had broken on the top floor of a victorian house (Can't blame the manufacturer, their toilet was from the 30s.) Called the insurance company and lived around fans and workers for 4 days. They had to drill the walls and run heated air through them because the plaster (plaster and lath) had soaked up lots of water. Still too moist to patch and paint. No mold, but the stress shows in their faces.

- so yeah - be grateful it wasn't on the top floor.

Thanks for explaining that about Purple Urkle - I wondered why Grand Daddy Purp was more popular.
Oh ya, I'm grateful and I've checked all the plumbing up there checking for anything not working right. I'm also grateful I was home when it happened. To bad I was asleep.lol. I feel for your friend too, and I though this was stressful.

Hey Twox, sorry to hear about your unplanned indoor swimming pool. Hope you've got everything cleaned up. That's one reason I'm more interested in soil instead of hydro, because I don't want a crapload of water stored in one easy to unleash spot.

Nice pics of your setup too. That's something I'd personally like to see more pictures of.

Hope everything else is good on your end. Your plants are looking amazing as usual. It'll be interesting to see what happens with your TrapStars.

Hey Twox, sorry to hear about your unplanned indoor swimming pool. Hope you've got everything cleaned up. That's one reason I'm more interested in soil instead of hydro, because I don't want a crapload of water stored in one easy to unleash spot.

Nice pics of your setup too. That's something I'd personally like to see more pictures of.

Hope everything else is good on your end. Your plants are looking amazing as usual. It'll be interesting to see what happens with your TrapStars.

How's it going Nightmask.
I'm happy to report that the pool is closed for the summer.:thumb:
I like soil too and I've read some stories of hydro gone wrong. They usually start with "I don't know what happened". I've followed tons of journals on 420 though and have never actually witnessed a member expeirence this issue so it's kinda a myth for me. When I started growing I wanted something natural, easy and forgiving and I kinda just stuck to it.

I may or may not have went over my equipment in this journal.. lol I can't remember anymore.. Maybe that was last year's journal?. Sounds like a fun update though so I'll get some pics of what I'm using and how I'm using it. :thumb:

The young TrapStars are growing quick now and they might be ready for flower once I harvest the birthday Cakes. It should be fun trying to squeeze in all ten and I may keep some of them small... I'm hunting for a favorite:high-five:

Here's the veg tent rock'n and Roll'n.. 5 larger Trap Stars, 2 medium Trap Stars, 3 small Trap Stars, 5 Slurricanes waiting to break soil, and a dome full of Birthday Cakes, Purple Urkles, Candy Urkles, Orka Cookies, Og13s and Purple Envys. After I run these Slurricanes I need to run 1 of everything and get a nice fresh reset on all my clones and then it's back to popping seeds.
20170524_171047.jpg

Here's a Purple Urkle I couldn't fit last round and she had a 12 month veg from clone compared to a 7 week veg Purple Envy from seed.. She's soooooo sloooooow..
20170523_191905.jpg
20170523_191858.jpg
20170523_191841.jpg
20170523_191836.jpg

Og13... She stretched almost triple her original height and has some horrible node spacing.. Like 3 or 4 inches per node... She's a weirdo.
20170523_190440.jpg

Here my taller Purple Envy trying to be a OG13. She's nothing like her sister..
20170523_190106.jpg

The Og13s all lined up with the tall envy.
20170523_190901.jpg

Little canopy shot over the OG13s
20170524_184230.jpg

Candy Urkle@ 3 weeks. Happy as can be. I even see a little frost already. She was so good last time and I'm excited to see her grow again..
20170524_184220.jpg
20170524_184216.jpg
20170524_184155.jpg

Some Birthday Cake shots.. She has about a week and a half left... I hope..
20170524_194157.jpg
20170524_194221.jpg
20170524_204043.jpg

Some pics of the Urkle I though looked cool...
20170524_200449.jpg
20170524_200346.jpg

I'll have a Urkle harvest update tomorrow with some pics. I tried to get it ready today but I wasn't satisfied with the pics.. I'll try again tomorrow..

You consistently have such amazing pictures of amazing plants. Sooo frosty.

I asked previously about your setup and how you dried and you posted some pics of that (post #205 on page 14), but I find the setup just as interesting as genetics and plants growing (atleast for now until I get my own setup setup).

I was actually going to ask another question regarding genetics but you pretty much answered it in your last post. On your first page/post you've got a whole bunch of genetics and I was wondering which you were still running, though from your last post it seems you're still running all of them except maybe the Blackberry bagseed, plus you've got a few new genetics running (like the TrapStars).

You consistently have such amazing pictures of amazing plants. Sooo frosty.

I asked previously about your setup and how you dried and you posted some pics of that (post #205 on page 14), but I find the setup just as interesting as genetics and plants growing (atleast for now until I get my own setup setup).

I was actually going to ask another question regarding genetics but you pretty much answered it in your last post. On your first page/post you've got a whole bunch of genetics and I was wondering which you were still running, though from your last post it seems you're still running all of them except maybe the Blackberry bagseed, plus you've got a few new genetics running (like the TrapStars).

Thanx Nightmask, your giving me all kinds of ideas for updates.:thumb:

Thanx for joining us too. I was a lurker until I actually had my grow going and even then I was really shy and anti social, I was trying though.. It would have helped to have made a few friends before hand. :high-five:

Thanx Nightmask, your giving me all kinds of ideas for updates.:thumb:

Thanx for joining us too. I was a lurker until I actually had my grow going and even then I was really shy and anti social, I was trying though.. It would have helped to have made a few friends before hand. :high-five:

Glad I can give you some ideas Twox. And with your setup and girls and picture taking skills they'll be some great updates.

I'm shy and anti social myself, but typing instead of talking on an internet forum helps, as does the fact that the main subject of this forum is weed. This one plant helps me with so many different things, like being shy and anti social :high-five:

Hope I can make a few friends on here, if I even remember how, because I sure as heck don't have any in real life. But then again if I gots me some smoke I don't really care if I don't have any friends.

One thing I've noticed about this forum is everyone is nice. Sure there are some differences in opinion but there isn't any aggressiveness or hostility or abuse that I've seen. I've been on other forums, even forums for the so called New Age 'Love & Light' folks, and there are plenty of people on those forums who are egotistical, narcissistic, hostile towards different views, and often downright abusive. Strange how lots of folks on 'love & light' forums can be real a$$holes but a forum dedicated to cannabis has the most friendly and helpful and nice people I've ever seen anywhere.

Glad I can give you some ideas Twox. And with your setup and girls and picture taking skills they'll be some great updates.

I'm shy and anti social myself, but typing instead of talking on an internet forum helps, as does the fact that the main subject of this forum is weed. This one plant helps me with so many different things, like being shy and anti social :high-five:

Hope I can make a few friends on here, if I even remember how, because I sure as heck don't have any in real life. But then again if I gots me some smoke I don't really care if I don't have any friends.

One thing I've noticed about this forum is everyone is nice. Sure there are some differences in opinion but there isn't any aggressiveness or hostility or abuse that I've seen. I've been on other forums, even forums for the so called New Age 'Love & Light' folks, and there are plenty of people on those forums who are egotistical, narcissistic, hostile towards different views, and often downright abusive. Strange how lots of folks on 'love & light' forums can be real a$$holes but a forum dedicated to cannabis has the most friendly and helpful and nice people I've ever seen anywhere.

I have to agree. This is the most polite and positive forum I've ever seen in general. People literally go out of their way to show they care. Pretty cool. Not to say other forums don't have those people, just seems to be a higher concentration of them here.
:circle-of-love:

Kinda weird how we are a bunch of anti-social freaks on this side of the screen though. :laughtwo:

:passitleft:

Phew I finally read this journal and got caught up. It looks like you have a lot going on. I dig your urkles. I have a querkle that I have been running that grows fairly similarly so i am going to guess it is urkle dom. Why did you stop running the blackberry? I got some blackberry that was grown outside one year and it was intense. Like higher than you need to be an hour after taking a few hits type high. I envy you being in a place where you can go to cannabis fairs and get killer genetics. Not to mention the ability to get clones of clone only strains. I dont really ever take clones in at this point due to having a couple of different batches i brought in having issues that messed up my grows. Those Slurricanes sound fantastic, I haven't seen them any where though. You are doing really well pulling 8+ ounces a month out of a 4x4 :thumb:

I'm loving this community too vex.. Everyone is pretty chill for the most part and we all get along really well. Don't worry Night, you got friends here:high-five:

I couldn't have said in better Electro:thumb:

What's up Yeti and thanx for checking out my grow. I really like that querkle and she was one of the first strains I wanted when I started growing. I would still like to run her someday along with a million other strains.

I gave the BlackBerry away because I decided to move on. I ran here a bunch of times and she was always outshined in the flavor department my my other keepers.

I suppose I pretty blessed to live in Cali and next year when rec kicks in it's on. No more worrying if these dispensaries will accept my recommendation and I can travel and shop as I please.. I also worry about clones and will only buy from a reputable source.. I'm scarred of the local stuff because I've heard some horror stories and spider mites are a big problem for everybody in my area except me.. No thanx. (Knock on wood, lol)

The Slurricanes are brand new and I don't think anybody has flowered them yet so this should be a first and maybe draw some attention for my 420 fam...

I like the Querkle but the nugs are never huge, but they are super dense. I did get some late flower bananas on some lower growth that should have been cleaned up. I dont wanna let her go though as she is my only purple strain at the moment and is really nice smoke. I have been working on getting rid of strains I have been running forever and replacing them with newer better things. It is hard though as I have run a lot of crap phenos while looking to replace pretty decent strains.

With the Slurricanes I meant I havent seen the beans any where. I am with you on wanting to run just about everything. I have seeds from like 30 or 40 strains that I have no idea when i will get to yet I am always looking at new ones wanting to buy them. I had been running fem seeds from big breeders and have been trying to switch to smaller breeders and reg seeds which leaves me with a lot of fems I still want to run but have no clue when it will be possible to.

Mites suck and that was one issue but I got PM and lost 12 strains because of it including a nice girl scout cookies and chocolope along with some other nice strains i had been running for a while. Oh well it just made me look for better strains.

This place is like being at home with family, not my family cos there all a*&#@les but how family should be :circle-of-love:

We might be related..

What's up Yeti, Theres only a hand full of banks that carry the IHG gear and I think it's US only.
A few I like but don't recommend because it's against the rules to recommend seed banks but hey, this is for educational purposes.

Dank Team..My fav
Annunaki.
Reliable US seed bank.
Lots of cool stuff, enjoy

We might be related..

What's up Yeti, Theres only a hand full of banks that carry the IHG gear and I think it's US only.
A few I like but don't recommend because it's against the rules to recommend seed banks but hey, this is for educational purposes.

Dank Team..My fav
Annunaki.
Reliable US seed bank.
Lots of cool stuff, enjoy

You mean I can stop talking in code? :thedoubletake: Thank the universe because it feels mighty stupid TICATT and then posting a pic of the packaging. :rofl:

:passitleft: It does eat at my conscious though. I keep hinting to the places that they should advertise here.

You mean I can stop talking in code? :thedoubletake: Thank the universe because it feels mighty stupid TICATT and then posting a pic of the packaging. :rofl:

:passitleft: It does eat at my conscious though. I keep hinting to the places that they should advertise here.

My feelings exactly... I treat seed banks like produce... Buy local (ish) lol

This place is like being at home with family, not my family cos there all a*&#@les but how family should be :circle-of-love:

Could you just imagine all of us crammed in a room? Talking over each other and shit. Actually saying LOL instead of laughing. Instead of passing fingers would type :48 : less the space. The culture alone would baffle outside spectators not in the know. "What's a FIM?" "What do they mean LST? Can't these people speak words?" "What do they name their real kids? Rose? Daisy?? Buddy!?!"

Could you just imagine all of us crammed in a room? Talking over each other and shit. Actually saying LOL instead of laughing. Instead of passing fingers would type :48 : less the space. The culture alone would baffle outside spectators not in the know. "What's a FIM?" "What do they mean LST? Can't these people speak words?" "What do they name their real kids? Rose? Daisy?? Buddy!?!"

That's sounds like so much fun. We could even have a show and tell with our buds, ....and then smoke them... That would be a smoke session to remember:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom