Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

That's sounds like so much fun. We could even have a show and tell with our buds, ....and then smoke them... That would be a smoke session to remember:thumb:

I used to moderate at a forum where we actually did that every couple of years. Mushroom people are basically stoners only weirder lol. Once you get past the shock of who they are vs who you think they are it's a blast.

Damn. That was like a five minute memory trip right there complete with sound track :rofl:

It would be cool :high-five:

My feelings exactly... I treat seed banks like produce... Buy local (ish) lol

I would like to buy from local seedbanks too, but they charge so much more money, and for strains I've never heard of, so it just seems like a gamble. Only strains I ever see I know of are BOG, and they're always out of stock for the old classics like Sour Bubble.

I would like to buy from local seedbanks too, but they charge so much more money, and for strains I've never heard of, so it just seems like a gamble. Only strains I ever see I know of are BOG, and they're always out of stock for the old classics like Sour Bubble.

Some of these places are getting a bit ridiculous with pricing I agree. $100 usually ends up with about the same amount of stuff as an over the border order when you add shipping. I'm sorry but $200 for a 13 pack of seeds is just flat out right unreasonable. I can buy breeder clones for that much and have it hand delivered. (breath Gypsy breath)
Chances are you can get virtually those same genetics for less if you hunt. I just got a 16 pack for under $90 including shipping and it's a cross of two breeders that charge a lot more for their stuff lol. It's definitely a crazy world when it comes to seed banks and breeders in the US. When and if the dust ever settles things will get a lot easier because only the best genetics and service will survive. Rant complete for a minute.
*trips over podium leaving the stage*

:passitleft:

Check out seedsman. I got a good deal on fems spent 100 and got 12 fems plus 10 more freebies fems. They carry most longstanding breeders and alot of reg only breeders bt not the US breeders stuff that is always cost over $100 for a 12 pack of regs. I personally don't use regs at the moment bt I know some only use them

Check out seedsman. I got a good deal on fems spent 100 and got 12 fems plus 10 more freebies fems. They carry most longstanding breeders and alot of reg only breeders bt not the US breeders stuff that is always cost over $100 for a 12 pack of regs. I personally don't use regs at the moment bt I know some only use them

Unless you plan on breeding/pheno hunting, stick with fem ;) Believe it or not most of these US companies are just starting to come around in regards to the fem market. Some are even seeing the value in auto-flowers. It's weird because we are so on point when it comes to genetics. :hmmmm:

Some of these places are getting a bit ridiculous with pricing I agree. $100 usually ends up with about the same amount of stuff as an over the border order when you add shipping. I'm sorry but $200 for a 13 pack of seeds is just flat out right unreasonable. I can buy breeder clones for that much and have it hand delivered. (breath Gypsy breath)
Chances are you can get virtually those same genetics for less if you hunt. I just got a 16 pack for under $90 including shipping and it's a cross of two breeders that charge a lot more for their stuff lol. It's definitely a crazy world when it comes to seed banks and breeders in the US. When and if the dust ever settles things will get a lot easier because only the best genetics and service will survive. Rant complete for a minute.
*trips over podium leaving the stage*

It's the green rush man, it will calm down. But that's what I mean, I'm kind of waiting for the dust to settle and see who's still standing.

But I have bought some Ace strains because they've got a good reputation. They weren't exactly cheap considering pretty much everything I've grown has been a gifted clone or bag seed. The Platinum Cookies I grew was $3 a seed lol Though to be fair I did have a crop of that fail so maybe it wasn't really great genetics.

Mites suck and that was one issue but I got PM and lost 12 strains because of it including a nice girl scout cookies and chocolope along with some other nice strains i had been running for a while. Oh well it just made me look for better strains.

I cringed when I read that. Losing my veg room full of genetics would really suck.

Could you just imagine all of us crammed in a room? Talking over each other and shit. Actually saying LOL instead of laughing. Instead of passing fingers would type :48 : less the space. The culture alone would baffle outside spectators not in the know. "What's a FIM?" "What do they mean LST? Can't these people speak words?" "What do they name their real kids? Rose? Daisy?? Buddy!?!"

We'd be like teenagers in school. texting to each other in the same room :)

There were some folks from these forums who met up in Jamaica a few months ago. Given the legal climate at this moment in history, it can't be an 'everyone is welcome' invitation by :420:

This is one of the few times I do not believe in buying local.

To me, buying seeds direct from the actual breeder, or from a distributor authorized by the breeder is similar to buying a CD direct from the recording artists or from a store that pays them royalties.

Buying seeds from a place that takes popular seeds from breeders, crosses them, and comes up with a new name is like buyig a bootleg compilation album where no royalties go to the musicians.

Buying local and supporting quality breeders are sometimes incompatible goals.

- - -

personal disclosure: I like to buy individual fem seeds and clone them. It usually works out. My last order for two Ace strains was $22 + $4 shipping. That seems a fair price for growing 2 new strains multiple times from a breeder I respect.

Radogast, it was pretty terrible. I have a clone/seedling area that was separate from this tent that got hit so I was able to salvage a couple of things but lost quite a bit. I had a Kandy Kush in there that I lost that was a favorite. It all happened because I traded a cut of her for a cut of OG Kush.

Some of these breeders are charging a lot of money for their seeds. Some of it I find to be a bit much but then I see what people are getting from them for plants and I can see their worth. Check out ShiggityFlips grow. He shows off a few strains from Dynasty Genetics, their seeds go for 80-100 for 11 or 12 regs, and everything he has done by them is fire. They are the frostiest most gorgeous plants I have seen just about. He also shows off BOG's sour bubble which looks amazing and on one of the sites Twox recommended they are going for 85 for 13 of them. Neikodog also showed off a sour strawberry by BOG that was stunning and I think Doc Bud is growing out BOG's sour grape which is stunning as well.

In my opinion a lot of these breeders do not offer fems due to the fact that it would take up space that they already have dedicated to what they are working on. In order to get stable fems it takes about 5 generations of breeding and that is after you already stabilize it as a reg seed if you want it to breed true. There are those that believe it is akin to genetic engineering and you chance creating hermaphroditic tendencies when femming the seeds which also stops breeders from doing it.

Me personally I have run quite a few fem seeds and enjoyed them but have seen some terrible phenos show up in the bigger breeders pools. The smaller breeders seem to work to limit the number of phenos you may get and try to make it so they are all decent if not all keepers in their own right. Because these breeders are smaller and aren't just chucking pollen to make as much money as possible they have to charge a bit more to make it a viable business. I am now working on working my way through what I have for fems while looking for keeper strains from either them or the regulars I have started to accumulate.

Wow, all kinds of great conversation here.. @work at the moment...I dont look for proven strains as much as I look for proven breeders. If there known for making killer strains most there gear is usually pretty good.. I'm seem to be really focused on the "New" strains at the moment and what's popular. If both parents of the cross are known to be great I'll spend the dough. The Slurricanes are running $150 a pack and I'll drop 200 on a pack of purple punch 2.0 when there avaliable.
I didn't even have to think about it since this Stain is already proven It's self and so has the breeder

I'm going to try to get a Pack of wedding cake soon . :thumb:
Triangle Cookies x Animal mints. They'll go quick.. I got 200 on those too.. You got to pay to play. These are both saught after strains that are not readily available.

Wow, all kinds of great conversation here.. @work at the moment...I dont look for proven strains as much as I look for proven breeders. If there known for making killer strains most there gear is usually pretty good.. I'm seem to be really focused on the "New" strains at the moment and what's popular. If both parents of the cross are known to be great I'll spend the dough. The Slurricanes are running $150 a pack and I'll drop 200 on a pack of purple punch 2.0 when there avaliable.
I didn't even have to think about it since this Stain is already proven It's self and so has the breeder

I'm going to try to get a Pack of wedding cake soon . :thumb:
Triangle Cookies x Animal mints. They'll go quick.. I got 200 on those too.. You got to pay to play. These are both saught after strains that are not readily available.

Some of these new ones, I don't even know what their parents are like. So many strains coming out all the time, I'm limited to what's on the recreational market and unfortunately it seems like every farm that crosses two strains wants to have their own "strain" for sale".

Wedding cake its available?!?!? Don't know if I'd pay 200 for a pack of regs for a ten pack bt that sounds like berner's strain. I would love to try his jungle cake, and lemonade!! Bt the best strains I've grown have ranged from $4 a seed to $11. Bt I guess if someone could guarantee a specific killer strain like a legit Road kill skunk or jet fuel og that smelled exactly like the ones was circulating a few years back I would kick up $200 for those so I guess I would need to be certain that I was getting what I paid for. That's one of the great things about 420 mag. We have so many unbiased regular growers who can help show us the way to the most legit breeders and strains. Gotta love technology!!

Twox I like your point of looking for proven breeders. If you have sub-par breeder putting out strains a lot of the time they are decent at best or there is the rare occasion you get something fantastic. When you use excellent breeders that use the best genetics available to them you get some special crosses. I havent bought any packs over $100 and probably wont any time soon only due to having some improvements I need to make and having more seeds than I think I can ever run. I would like a pack of those slurricanes though :hmmmm::hmmmm: hopefully my budget will allow more seed purchases in the near future.

I cringed when I read that. Losing my veg room full of genetics would really suck.

We'd be like teenagers in school. texting to each other in the same room :)

There were some folks from these forums who met up in Jamaica a few months ago. Given the legal climate at this moment in history, it can't be an 'everyone is welcome' invitation by :420:

This is one of the few times I do not believe in buying local.

To me, buying seeds direct from the actual breeder, or from a distributor authorized by the breeder is similar to buying a CD direct from the recording artists or from a store that pays them royalties.

Buying seeds from a place that takes popular seeds from breeders, crosses them, and comes up with a new name is like buyig a bootleg compilation album where no royalties go to the musicians.

Buying local and supporting quality breeders are sometimes incompatible goals.

- - -

personal disclosure: I like to buy individual fem seeds and clone them. It usually works out. My last order for two Ace strains was $22 + $4 shipping. That seems a fair price for growing 2 new strains multiple times from a breeder I respect.

:rofl: I must be old. I didn't even think of texting.
Our gatherings were never condoned or frowned upon by the forum, but yeah, no waiving banners lol. Mostly the get together's were at a music festival. 10-20 people tops.

There is definitely an economy forming. I'm of the buy local thought process as well, but that's balanced with buy carefully and informed. When it comes to seeds from a US breeder or bank I don't even look at the name of the strain any more. I go right for the genetics and mostly history. If it's a new breeder that I haven't dealt with I research them heavily. Are they only crossing seeds? If so. Sorry. No go. I want to know about clone lineage. What circle did it come from? I hate to use the term, but the 'better' breeders arise through circles that form. One thing about stoners, we know how to form a circle :passitleft: :) har har. Anyways, the circles tend to grow through trading of breeder clones or someone knowing someone in the circle. These circles are more highly focused on the male stock honestly. They know the mothers are solid and proven for the most part. Thankfully they are starting to see the value of getting away from direct sales by adding distribution. It not only strengthens the cannabis industry economy, but gives them a level of protection as well. A stronger economy will add protection for us as well if the feds ever decide to pull the plug on the whole thing. These states will go down fighting for all this money :) Good lord, I'm not even going to go back and paragraph this lol. Extreme coffee sativa rush :trance:. Direct sales scare me in the current state of legality. My friend at Myco-Tek Seed Co was selling direct initially. After a little pestering and some timely Pay-Puzzle issues he made the right choice IMO and hooked up with two seed banks. I was just talking to Jim at Fancy Weed yesterday and he was saying the same thing. Cut direct and distribute. He's in the process of working with a bank in Michigan now. OH! and pricing is not set by breeders unless the sell direct only. And it's not always greed either.. $200.. maybe a little lol. The problem there is the money banking issues. Try running a business with no company credit or access to electronic transactions without playing loop holes or paying big bucks.
Coming full circle (wow) lol back to circles. To give everyone a head start. Matt at Myco-Tek is in with NYCJJ, Ethos and I forget the other two atm. Jim at Fancy is in with Mike at Exotic and damn it if I can't remember the other two lol. Watch the breeders with long history closely and you'll be fine buying in the US. Personally I wish the whole thing would settle. I'm only buying US right now in an effort to strengthen growth and preserve some classic West Coast genetics, but I am a fan of Spanish genetics too. What a conundrum. Ok tired fingers. Rant part 2 complete. :phew:
*misses podium this time but falls down stairs*

Some of these new ones, I don't even know what their parents are like. So many strains coming out all the time, I'm limited to what's on the recreational market and unfortunately it seems like every farm that crosses two strains wants to have their own "strain" for sale".

We have a war here between med and rec ugh. Most of the rec guys don't even cross. They just rename.

I think BOG will probably be the first breeder I put up the big bucks for. To be fair though, I've been watching that guy put out dank since 2004. I remember on OG the budshots he posted were so frosty people didn't think they were real. Of course that was back when most people had only seen schwag and regs, but I mean I've seen that Sour Boggle get 34% analysis results in that same time frame and look so frosty it looked liked actual frost. So yeah it bums me out every time I see those strains of his sold out, or available when I'm broke lol

I lucked out insanely with these bagseed genes I got though. Guess I owe it to the location, but yeah I think that with some crosses I could actually create enough genetic niceties to never really need to buy seeds again. But it's just the want to try what everyone else is experiencing you know? Plus there are still some holygrail strains out there I want to get my hands on.

Anyone had Rosenthal's Superbud? Grab that if you can. I also really want to grow some genuine Sensi Herer, not one of the thousands of offshoots people put out. When it comes down to it though, if you've already got a good set of genes to work with, putting all this money into these other grail-strains is just out of my budget. Maybe someday.

I'm pretty excited to try these Ace strains too. I splurged a tiny bit for Golden Tiger F1s because I wanted some really unique sativa genetics. Got some Panama x Malawi as well, and some Bangi Haze thrown in for free. Not a bad deal. Add to that some Cherry OG pollen I rescued, I made a Cookies x Cherry OG cross, AND I've got a pretty strong Blackberry Kush cut I'm getting feminized pollen for. I mean... It could be a while before I NEED to buy seeds. lol

After a little Gobillygoo to take the edge off lol, I'll ease back a bit on the $200. I notice they tend to be bigger packs. It seems to almost be more reasonable to look at it as a per seed price and then factor in the desire for those genetics. :) I'd probably donate blood for a Ken's Cut GDP. :rolleyes3

OH again! Jim at Fancy is sitting on an original Sensi-star clone in his collection. He's got some pretty cool stuff in the works. :thumb:

I like Fancy Seeds. Hes very open about his breeding and very specific
. I wish more breeders would give us the history of there strains, i really helps understand how much work went into there cross.. That Fornicator has some love put in to it..

Don't worry Fert, you'll cross pass with something someday that you need in your garden. Bog has some good genetics..

What's up Yeti.. The weeding cake is actually grown and pheno hunted by the jungle boys and distributed to the cookie fam. They seem to be sharing strains at the moment because both grow a Lemonade/lemon drop and there both finicky plants... I haven't seen any crosses yet and a it's top dollar and in high demand. The wedding cake was breed by SeedJunkyGenetics and he works close to Cookie and Jungle boys making strains( he has the Gelato 33 cut). He announced his first drop to seed banks would be coming with In the next three weeks on a first come first serve basis. No price yet but 200 seems to be the magic number lately. No list of whats avaliable but Wedding Cake is his big strain so fingers crossed... I bet the price triples at auction.

Back
Top Bottom