UglyMuppet's First Grow Easyrider

update
day 28

the girls are growing from one to two inches every day. i am worried about running out of room height wise. all of the girls but one is between 11 and 13 inches high. the runt is still growing but it is half as tall. i will switch nutes tomorrow to a flowering schedule. the lights are still on a 20/4 timer and will stay this way till the end.

so...picture time....

PROJECT_PICS_0014.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0024.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0034.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0045.JPG

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

yup.....but now i'm not to sure if i should have FIMMed them...... they are known for their big main colas..... i hope that FIMMing them would yield maybe two main colas... we will see.

Hey uglymuppet, im sorry to day but removing any part of an auto flower is going to be a bad thing. My haze is burnt to hell but i refuse to even trim leaves that are less then 75% dead because auto flowers need every thing that they have and most times they will need as much mass as they can get to flower.

I think you may have hurt your yeild alot, i guess you could just chock it up to learning lol. NO MORE CUTTING OR TAKING THINGS FROM THE GIRLS LOL

Last thing :) with auto flowers you want to start the flowering nutes about 3 weeks after the seed has popped for the best yeild. These plants can do some great work but remember they dont need alot of time to grow so she will need to start packing on weight as soon as she is about do with the veg cycle. Judging from the way they look they wont grow up any more just out and put on some nice bud weight in the next month.

:goodluck:

That's good to know BUD08. I am about to embark on a Blue Mystic auto grow and was wondering about such things.

Perhaps LST would be a better alternative on autos in the attempt to keep vertical growth in control.

update
day 29

i changed out the res today. switched over to a mix of grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom nutes. again... poor planning on my part.... should have had these in hand BEFORE the grow started or at least before flowering started.

the roots have hit water again. when switching over from the small cloner with the 2 inch net pots to the larger hydro aero/DWC unit, the roots had to sit in the bottom of the larger net cups. i didn't want to do to cause to much damage if i were to try to cut them out of smaller net cups. the sprayers did a good job of feeding the roots. but they did slow down a little . but now .... wow.... lots of growth. the tallest plant is between 15 and 16 inches tall now!!

next time should be better. i should have waited till i was done with finishing the cabinet and had it all set up before popping the seeds. but live and learn.

looking back.... i did make a bunch of rookie mistakes this run. my yield wont be great. but, as my first time growing just about anything, i really didn't expect to have great results this time around.

i have two seeds that were free when i ordered these. i just may pop them on Sunday and maybe give cloning a shot. i have fem California hash plant and fem Sweet deep grapefruit.

these easyriders are a great short plant and if i couldn't kill them, i believe ANYONE could grow these. now...if only they had these in a NON auto flowering version i would probably do another run of these.

does anyone have a problem deciding on what verity to get? i can't decide what to try next. maybe some AK47, northern lights or even some papaya.
so many choices to pick from.....

anyways... on to the pictures.....

PROJECT_PICS_0015.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0025.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0035.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0046.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0056.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0064.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0074.JPG

update
day 29

next time should be better. i should have waited till i was done with finishing the cabinet and had it all set up before popping the seeds. but live and learn.

looking back.... i did make a bunch of rookie mistakes this run. my yield wont be great. but, as my first time growing just about anything, i really didn't expect to have great results this time around.

PROJECT_PICS_0064.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0074.JPG

:yummy::thumb::yummy::thumb::yummy::thumb::yummy::thumb:

Looks to me like you will do just fine! The girls look real nice and healthy and well looked after. Your next grow will for sure be better but you have a great head start turning out some plants like that the first time :)

Keep up the great work...flowers here we come, i have a good feeling that our auto flowers are about the same age, seems that we both hit flower around the same time.

Happy growin! :passitleft::partyboy:

O and as for strains.... you can get almost the same strain you have with the easy rider by going with AK47 and lowryder #2, Only problem there is you would need to find a way to make a breeding room, this said there are seed places all over the net that sell Easy Rider with a 8 week flower time instead of an 8 week grow.

When picking strains you want to think about what you like best about the smoke that you have. Do you like to use it for sleeping? Or some thing thats more energetic, then again you could always go for a real nice head high....o and ummmmm theres the head and body high, lets not leave out pain or other medical issues lol, the list goes on and on.

Try a few different ones and then find what you like, i have been growing for a few years now and im just starting to find out what i like best but the list changes every year....

My personal choices are:

G13 Labs Pineapple Express:
Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Many Rumors', No one actually knows for sure
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : Unknown
Height : Medium
THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : strong fruity fragrance

---------------------

White Russian Feminized:

Sex : Feminized
Type : Mostly indica
Genetics : AK47 x White Widow
Outdoor Harvest : middle - end of October
Height : Medium, Tall
THC Level : 22%
Characteristics : Medium height, consistent plants and dense

--------------------------------

Cali Connection Deadhead OG:

Sex : Regular
Type : Indica / Sativa
Genetics : (skunk va) X SFV OGK F4) –
Flowering Time : Short
Outdoor Harvest :
THC Level :
Characteristics :

--------------------------------------------

Cali Connection Tahoe OG Seeds:

Sex : Regular
Type :
Genetics :
Outdoor Harvest :
THC Level :
Characteristics :

Those would have to be my top picks along with Heavy Duty Fruity but im growing them right now.

Yep, def think thats enough out of me for the night...:peacetwo:

update
day 31

i didn't check the water level in the res since the res change the other day and the level had dropped over 4 gals! dropped more fluids and nutes...the girls have grown.... bud sites are developing all over the place. the tallest is now over 18 inches tall. i have the 400w light as far up as i can get it. i also swapped out all of the 6500k CFLs for 2700k CFLs. so now i have a total of (16) 2700K CFLs and a 400w.

on the to do list is to pick up a magnifying glass to check when they will get the chop....

PROJECT_PICS_0016.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0026.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0036.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0047.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0057.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0065.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0075.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0083.JPG

Wow looking great! Looks like you about half way done with the auto's, im getting excited to see the great flowers they make, keep up the great work!

they seem to be drinking a lot... I'm adding at least 2 gal of water to the res every day now. i picked up a mini magnifying glass yesterday. also i added some more CFLs to add light to the front and back lower parts of the plants. on of the girls was getting crowded out and i relocated her to the front so she can get more light. ill post pictures later tonight. i am going to relocate the cabinet and rearrange the garage today. I'm going to get ready to build 2 more cabinets so can gear up for a perpetual grow.

update

on the to do list is to pick up a magnifying glass to check when they will get the chop....

Remember to go least a 30x on the magnifier. I got a 40x handheld scope, took a bit of getting used to, but it opens up a whole new world, though a good jeweler's loop might be simpler to use.

WOW! They are looking great! I getting ready to fire up my bubbleponic box, and appreciate how easy you are making it look.

radio shack had the 60x-100x unit for $12!!!! so i grabbed it... wooo hooo!!!! yea it is a little tricky to get used to how it works... but it does work.... i spent all day cleaning out my garage and i am no where near being done... it is a 3 car garage and 80% full of cr*p and i couldn't fit a car in there if i even wanted to... i don't know how i am going to fit 2 more cabinets in there along with a trailer, 2 hill shooter quads, work benches, tool boxes, welders, an air compressor and more......... at least i have all week to get it done...

the new cabinet space will be a lot taller. i was thinking 6-8 feet tall and at least 8 feet wide and 3 feet deep and look like storage cabinets. i am thinking about having the cabinet i already have and using it as a veg unit. the new cabinet would be the flowering unit. i am leaning on building a NTF unit for flowering as the aero unit i am using, although it works great, is just to tall. even though easyryders are a dwarf plant i have my 400w light as high as it can go and the plants are getting really close to the light. nothing is set in stone yet... just kicking around a few ideas in my head.

Gtta love cleaning lol, you new cabs sound like a good idea and cant wait to see the pic of the new grows to come!

Girls are looking great and its funny i add water almost every night, they seem to chug insted of drink lol. Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom