UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil Grow

Re: UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil

Ok i'm pulling up a chair, rolling up a nice big fatty and am along for the ride here. Nothing like a good ol straight up organic run under LED. I just finished my first 100% all LED run with excellent result. I'm specially interested in the Blue-mat thing and hopefully when the Uncle C arrives back home the buds will be overflowing and stayin green.

Hey there uncle C - go no-til... you're there already. The next round will be better than the previous. Just sayin..

I absolutely LOVE the watering setup - reps on that you got serious skills there my friend.

Cheers and hope you come home to a tent full of mighty fine colas.

Re: UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil

Looks very VERY Nice! I've also been curious about the new sun series light. I have the 96x3 reflector and was thinking
of the mars 2 for flower...but now.....huh! Decisions....decisions... Hahahaha! Good luck with grow and keep up the good work!

Hi Big Sparks. If you don't mind waiting for a flowering result I'm currently doing a side by side test of 2x 96x3w Reflectors versus a Mars II 1600w (link is in sig). If the wait doesn't suit (only flipped the second tent to 12/12 today) then I recommend that you check out Co Finest's grows, he has some great journals and videos of using Mars-Hydro LED's for grows. All the best

Update

Apologies to everyone for the long absence. My 2 to 3 week work assignment ended up being longer than expected and since my return I've been busier than a one legged dog trying to cover shit on a frozen pond.

I've got both good news and bad news to share. Let's start off with the good news first.
The Tropf-Blumats may be the best thing to come about since sliced bread. They seem to work exactly as advertized....as long as ample water supply is available. I'll touch on this again in a minute. I had a batch of cuttings in my veg tent that were being watered with Blumats (separate reservoir) while I was away and they all look great after being left unattended and on their own for a whole month.

Now for the bad news.
Even though I had over 120gal of water in the gravity feed water reservoir that was supplying my flower tent it was not enough to supply the 4 plants that were in bloom for the duration of my extended trip. I left on May 11th and returned home on the evening of June 14th. When I finally arrived back home it was late at night and the lights were scheduled to be off in the Ganja Grove so I left the tent closed up but checked my water reservoir to find out if it still had any water left in it. No water.....none....zero....dry as a popcorn fart!! Damn it!! I was now pretty confident that I wouldn't be doing a happy dance when I unzipped the door to the Grove. I was right.
Here is what I found when I unzipped the door to the Ganja Grove.

thumb_IMG_0809_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0808_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0807_1024.jpg

Total carnage!! Vine dried cannabis. :oops:

I'm unsure when the water supply ran out but I expected the supply to last about 18 to 21 days or so. Unfortunately I was away for 34 days total. As the old saying goes...Shit Happens.
The flag leaves were completely dry but the buds were still sticky. Trichs were still 100% clear on all 4 so none of them had a chance to rippen up before their unfortunate and premature death by water starvation.
Disappointed but not discouraged, the next day I went ahead and trimmed the carnage that was left and began curing. After 10 days of post harvest drying/curing I've ended up with the following:
Girl Scout Cookies = 107 grams
Soviet Ripper = 105 grams
Amnesia = 108 grams
Jack Herer = 79 grams
Total Dry Weight (after trim and 10 days of curing) = 399 grams total dry weight.

The GSC has a really nice flavor and buzz even though she was not able to fully develop. She also has really nice bud structure. I'll be running this one again via cuttings that were taken.
The Soviet Ripper has a very unique and very strong citrus like taste that I can't put my finger on. Very unique. It may have ended up being something special if given a chance to fully develop. I'll be running a couple of her clones in a future grow as well.
The Jack Herer and Amnesia both taste and smell somewhat bland. They don't taste or smell bad in any way, just nothing special about either of them in regards to taste or smell but this should be expected given the premature death/harvest.

Please DO NOT let my train wreck of a grow journal discourage anyone from trying out the Sun Series lights from Mars-Hydro. In my opinion these lights are awesome. Just shy of 400 grams with 1,200 watts with a few weeks left to go before optimum harvest. In my experience bud weight really packs on during the last couple weeks so 399g's is not too shabby in my opinion. And although I would not recommend that anyone try this at home these Sun Series lights even work well for drying...
:thumb:

Mate that sucks big time,they were looking sooo good.At least you got a good amount in the end.Looking forward to your next grow

Sucks big time is right. I may be disappointed but I'm not discouraged. I'll be taking the lessons learned with this grow and applying them to the next round.
Next round will include GSC clone, Soviet Ripper clone, LA Chocolat by DNA Genetics, and Vanilla Kush & LSD from Barney's Farm,

I'll be keeping a couple of oz's and the rest will be used for a batch of ice water hash. All is not lost folks.
:allgood:

Hey there UC - condolences ... Been there .. did the same thing last summer, my water system failed. I'm going to try BlueMats this year but not gonna have a full tent just a few clones in veg and harvest everything I can before we go away next month.

My failure ended it just one plant had a viable foxtail that I cut for a clone and the rest of the 4 ladies went to the compost bin, ouch. The one clone tho - I got 2 more full rounds off her probably >2#s from both runs so all was not lost. Sometimes there's a blessing in disguise, we just have to be looking for it.

I have a question for ya. Where did you get your water tank?? I'm looking for one now.....

Hey there UC - condolences ... Been there .. did the same thing last summer, my water system failed. I'm going to try BlueMats this year but not gonna have a full tent just a few clones in veg and harvest everything I can before we go away next month.

My failure ended it just one plant had a viable foxtail that I cut for a clone and the rest of the 4 ladies went to the compost bin, ouch. The one clone tho - I got 2 more full rounds off her probably >2#s from both runs so all was not lost. Sometimes there's a blessing in disguise, we just have to be looking for it.

I have a question for ya. Where did you get your water tank?? I'm looking for one now.....

I purchased the plastic drums and mini drum from a pond and irrigation supply store. Evidently they can also be used as filter housings for filtering the water in small ponds by placing filter media inside and having a water pump continuously circulate water through them. The store had some on display with the holes already pre-drilled and fittings installed for use as filters. The fitting locations were not optimum for my needs so I asked if they had any available without pre-drilled holes and lucky for me they had a few out back in the warehouse. I drilled all of the holes where I wanted them and installed the fittings myself.

Just to be clear, the untimely demise of my girls was not due to a watering system failure. It was due an unexpected project delay related to my job and me not having a contingency or reserve water supply available for unexpected situations such as this. The system works great but it's obvious now that I should have purchased 3 or 4 of the 55gal drums instead of only 2. It's not the first time UncleC has screwed up and it certainly will not be the last. However, a valuable lesson has been learned and my watering system will be expanded accordingly.

A pic of the vine dried buds.
thumb_IMG_0813_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0816_1024.jpg

I was expecting the hay like chlorophyll taste and the smoke to be harsh but that is not the case. Surprisingly there is not even a hint of chlorophyll taste or harshness to any test bowls that I've sampled. Sure things could have turned out much better but things could have been much worse as well. The bbq ain't burnt, it just turned out a bit crispy.... :bong:

Ice water hash that was made with some of the crop. Brewed it up yesterday then put the goo in the freezer overnight. Today I grated it all up and it's now drying and curing.
thumb_IMG_0824_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0828_1024.jpg

:popcorn::roorrip::popcorn::cough::roorrip:

Thanks for the info on the drums - I know you didn't have a system failure, just too much time away was all. I'm going to try and harvest most of what I have going now but I still have a few ladies that will be going why I'm away and trusting others to water isn't optimum.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info on the drums - I know you didn't have a system failure, just too much time away was all. I'm going to try and harvest most of what I have going now but I still have a few ladies that will be going why I'm away and trusting others to water isn't optimum.

Thanks again.

I just wanted to clarify that my crop failure was due to human error and not the watering system. I certainly don't want Blumats or Mars-Hydro bumping up the price or refusing my next orders. :;):

Good luck with your grow and have a safe trip. I hope you return home to better scenery than I did.

UncleC's next victims.
These are all clones of the recently deceased. I'll be running these while getting my new batch of seedlings established. This way I'll be able to find out what I missed out on as well make sure that I've got Ganja Grove completely dialed in by the time the new seedlings are ready to move in.
:slide:

thumb_IMG_0830_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0832_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0835_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0838_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0839_1024.jpg

Blumats does offer a pressure reducing valve which allows for the Bluemats to be fed directly from the tap (water always on) eliminating the need for a gravity feed reservoir. IMHO this is the best way to go if a water tap is available. Unfortunately the bedroom where my tent is located does not have a water line anywhere nearby and running a new water line into the bedroom ain't gonna happen.
I did purchase a float valve to control my reservoir pump but did not install it yet. At the moment my reservoir top off pump is controlled by a timer instead of a float valve. The pump switches "on" twice per day for 2 minutes which works very well.......as long as the water supply does not run out.

Back
Top Bottom