UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil Grow

Re: UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil

Actually, I do not intend to continue this journal by documenting this next round. I'm sure everyone has now learned how to kill a batch of MJ plants.....

Since this grow has now been deceased for well over 2 weeks and their remains processed I think it's now time to close out this journal.
Before pulling the plug and moving this to the completed journals section I'd like to thanks everyone for tuning in and offering helpful advise. I'd also like to apologize to the folks at Mars-Hydro for the crappy grow journal. This journal was meant to highlight the performance of their new Sun Series lights and as such I'm truly sorry for letting them down and not following through with a successful harvest. I guess I should have gotten my newly setup Ganja Grove dialed in first before attempting to be Mr. BigShot and getting in over my head thinking that I could pull off a successful first time indoor grow.

However, I did learn a few things. The top 5 lessons that I've learned over the past couple of months are:
1. Indoor gardening is an addictive hobby. Yep, I think I'm hooked folks but no intervention is necessary.
2. Indoor gardening is much different than gardening in the great outdoors. Gardening indoors allows for much more controlled growing environment resulting in a reduction in potential pest problems and the effects of adverse weather conditions which can end a grow early.
3. Temperature and humidity control are huge factors in a successful grow. Get em' both right and your chance of success goes up immensely. Get either of them wrong and you'll just be spinning your wheels but getting nowhere.
4. The initial investment cost for all of the equipment that is needed to set up a quality indoor grow environment for just a small amount of plants for personal use is WAY MORE $$ than I ever expected it would be.
5. Last but not least.....Make sure to have an adequate supply of water for your automatic watering system if leaving your garden unattended for a long period of time. Better yet, get a job that does not require periodic extended travel!!

Take care :420: friends.

Re: UncleCannabis' Ganja Grove - 1st Grow with Mars Sun Series - Indoor Organic Soil

Interesting that you reached the same conclusion that many of your fellow indoor gardening addicts have - it's easier to stay close to home. Hahaha! Oh, we're a fine group of odd citizens, aren't we UncleCannabis?

Excellent points all around. I appreciate the candor. Too often things like the "true" cost get glossed over. It's still the best return for the money, and then there's that addictive quality that has us all locked in anyway. :laughtwo: Good thing we grow wicked weed.

Be gentle with yourself. Life happens. It's a big science experiment and you just learned valuable lessons. Laugh it off and start anew. I look forward to an invite to your next journey. :battingeyelashes:

Ya' know Sue, over the past year or so I've been considering a career change that would allow me to do something that I really enjoy and allow for a bit more "home time". I'm sure that my horticulture background as well as the business and project management skills that I've picked up over the years could be applied to a career in the newly emerging canna industry. That would sure fit right in with my "doing something that I really enjoy" goal and unlike days of old, at least in some places I could now do this without the fear of getting locked up for a minimum of 10 years if deputy Barney Fife got wind of things. Things sure have changed in regards to the public's perception of cannabis compared to back during the Reagan years when MJ was right up there with heroin and devil worship. Oh how things have changed.
Pinch, pinch....back to reality. I think it would be best to at least get a couple of groups of girls to make it through to harvest before I go and do something stupid like drafting up a resignation letter. But it doesn't hurt to dream of having my own breeding facility someday. Someday.....

I have no regrets about the investment cost of getting my grow space set up. The whole point of doing this was to save money and I know that I'll be saving myself lots of money in the future. I addition, other benefits include knowing that my meds were produced without the use of any harmful chemicals not to mention I'll also be avoiding the inherent risk that go along with sourcing meds in the black market.
Anyhow, I'm not discouraged in anyway. Like I've always said, if at first you don't succeed, smoke a big ole' fatty, lick off your wounds, then try again. :smokin:

That's the spirit dammit! :laughtwo:

You didn't think that something trivial like a minor drought would turn UncleC into a quitter now did you?

An excellent read from start to finish Uncle Cannabis, I'm looking forward to your future journals. Also if you get the chance, follow your dream! All the best and please let me know when you start another :thumb:

Thank you UncleCannabis for the current journal, it already means a lot to MH growers :circle-of-love: Any way, we grow and learn, hope in your future grows, you will get better and better growing result. :thumb:
best wishes from MH
Sara :Namaste:

Big thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'm sure feeling the love. :circle-of-love:

Hey there UC - post up your new journal should you choose to document please. I love to watch canna grown properly, without all the fuss and muss of chems/ferts.

Hey there UC - post up your new journal should you choose to document please. I love to watch canna grown properly, without all the fuss and muss of chems/ferts.

I second that, organic all the way

I've been a bit busy lately but will likely kick off a new journal soon. Stay tuned.

Hello again 420friends. I thought I'd share a few pics of the daughter's of the deceased. About half are nearing end of week 3 and half nearing end of week 4. All of em' appear to be doing great.
As a bit of an experiment this round I've had the Ganja' Grove lit up on 13/11 light/dark cycle since day 1 of flip with these girls. I intend to continue with 13/11 until around week 6 or 7 then reduce the lighting to a standard 12/12 regime.
I also plan to run them all the way through with water only. I may give them an epsom salt enriched water feeding at some point if they start showing signs of magnesium deficiency but other than that I don't plan to add any topdressings or tea applications. I'm curious to find out how this will work out. To be continued.....

Here are a few pics of the clones.
thumb_IMG_0903_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0904_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0927_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0909_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0929_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0926_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0906_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0908_1024.jpg

Have a great day and happy farming 420friends!
:hookah:

Those plants are looking great UncleCannabis. Hopefully there will be no problems with you being called away this time and you will have some nice end results :) All the best and I'm looking forward to seeing the yield :thumb:

Those plants are looking great UncleCannabis. Hopefully there will be no problems with you being called away this time and you will have some nice end results :) All the best and I'm looking forward to seeing the yield :thumb:

Thanks for the compliment Kriaze. Unfortunately my job requires me to be away from home quite often. Now that my watering system is dialed in I'm confident that being away for up to 2 weeks at a time will not be a problem in the future. If by chance I'm required to be away for longer than 2 weeks I'll be sending in my resignation notice and heading home. I can always find another job...... :)

After all, it's all about priorities, isn't it UncleCannabis? :laughtwo:

You've redeemed yourself. They look like they're off to a great start. Good luck on your work schedule meshing with your gardening obsession.

First priority is to keep my priorities in order. :blunt:

Awesome looking girls UC

Thanks TheCelt.
I'm referring to this one as "The Redemption Grow". I'm hoping that they live a few weeks longer than their mothers did. :)

Back
Top Bottom