Urban Achievers Inner City Seeds of Promise

Don't fret about just doing plain water. I know our soils are different, but I did my first full grow and didn't add anything but water the entire grow. If your soil is decent, it will take what it can use from the dirt.

This grow is the only time I have been adding anything to the water, just one dose of recharge, one watering with some kelp, and then 2 waterings with some additional organic silica (some of my ATF branches were getting a bit on the spindly side). Other than that most of my waterings have still been just water.

Yeah I am not too concerned with the plant, I know my soil is good and full of everything the plant needs, I just wanted to build the soil organisms with another tea. If I am gone a week they may not need water anyway. If I am gone longer they will need a drink. In which case my wife shall have to give them a feed of water. No biggie, the dudes lazy mans grow shall continue on!

Finally made it back into your Garden Urb, seems like everything is looking and going quite well. Lots has happened in everyone's garden in a short while. I'll be busy reading for a couple days lol.

Yeah things are now established and they are plugging along nicely. Being out of town for a bit will let the plants do their thing. Its exciting to think that they will be so much further along when I return.

I hear you on the busy reading, I am subscribed to so many journals that after a day or two away the reading piles up lol. Seeing some amazing plants around 420 thats for sure. Learning a lot about different mediums and methods too. Good times lol

:passitleft:

Its tough to keep up...especially with the fast moving journals like Sue's and Pennywise's and a few other. I tend to use the like button to keep track of what I have read and what I haven't read. Easier to track that way.

So many threads so little time :) but honestly what a great community of respectful, helpful people! And then there's pat ;) idk how many of his posts have had me laughing out loud with no one around.... good times

Its tough to keep up...especially with the fast moving journals like Sue's and Pennywise's and a few other. I tend to use the like button to keep track of what I have read and what I haven't read. Easier to track that way.
Yeah I hear that, there are a few that I am not following just to keep my reading down to a reasonable level, at least for now. I am trying to follow a few different methods of growing.

Welcome Blighty Buds, thanks for stopping in and subscribing, hope I can do the plant justice. Maybe even have some good conversation lol

So many threads so little time :) but honestly what a great community of respectful, helpful people! And then there's pat ;) idk how many of his posts have had me laughing out loud with no one around.... good times
lol for sure, a journal is not a journal until Pat has put his dirty fingers all up and in it

I'm in! Better late than never I always say to the wife...

Welcome to the dudes story! A bit of a lull at the moment, at least as far as pictures and updates go, but waiting here like a coiled spring! Staying on top of other peoples journals and ready to welcome all the new lurkers on my own

:Namaste: :passitleft:

Subbing along here Urbs,

plants are going along nicely :thumb: staying tuned
awesome! I appreciate each and every one of you folks who have subscribed. 420 is a special place and I am lucky to be here myself. I think the plants are going to pick up steam as I dial in the soil health. So stay tuned for some happy plants!

thank you!
subbed ya back!
good set up and great vibes, no wonder there's so many following! :cheer:
This whole forum is full of great vibes and I am happy to be a part of it. Thanks for joining along and making this a real community journal. Our mission is to grow some badass buds! Maybe take a few beautiful photos and spread the joy of photography while we are at it.

Had a quick chat with my better half, the amazing woman she is, and I had to ask her to check in on the babies. Its been a few days since I saw them. She was worried about watering them and was asking how much as she didnt want to F them up. "Dont worry, they are weeds, you cant F them up" was my reply. lol didnt want her to worry. I basically said if they are drooping and looking stressed then water them, and if not, wait until tomorrow. They look happy so tomorrow it is.

So she is going to let a container of water sit overnight to let the chlorine evaporate before watering them until there is runoff. She reports they are "getting big". I didnt want to push my luck and ask for a photo since she had a rough day lol. I am sure they are doing well and putting out there second set of true leaves.

When I get home, which I hope is sooner rather than later, I will mix up a full strength aerated compost tea. Get that soils party rocking!
:party:

Sorry for the weak update but I gotta keep this ball rolling!

No meds for me while on the road so...smoke one for me!

I'll medicate with you in mind, UrbanAchiever :lot-o-toke: I can't wait to see how they look after some of that yummy compost tea you plan on giving them.

Be safe on the road :goodluck:

I'll medicate with you in mind, UrbanAchiever :lot-o-toke: I can't wait to see how they look after some of that yummy compost tea you plan on giving them.

Be safe on the road :goodluck:
yeah I am getting excited to start the actual cultivation of some hearty plants. The teas and love I put into the soil is going to pay off for sure. Hopefully with some beautful buds!

Subbed, look forward to following this one along. If I go with soil I'd like to learn more about living soils, maybe even get into some high brix stuff sometime.
welcome GM! I am a firm believer in nature knows whats best, all the chemical nutrients are based on something that occurs naturally, so they can claim all they want that it grows better buds or blah blah blah...but I live in natural northern British Columbia Canada and I have seen what nature can do naturally. That is where I will focus my efforts. I dont care about yield, and I dont care about speed. I care about the pleasure of growing and the finished product being beautiful plants with an amazing taste. So its all up to what you want and how you want to get it. Good weed can be grown a thousand ways. As long as people enjoy what they are doing and are happy with the end result, more power to them.

yeah I am getting excited to start the actual cultivation of some hearty plants. The teas and love I put into the soil is going to pay off for sure. Hopefully with some beautful buds!

welcome GM! I am a firm believer in nature knows whats best, all the chemical nutrients are based on something that occurs naturally, so they can claim all they want that it grows better buds or blah blah blah...but I live in natural northern British Columbia Canada and I have seen what nature can do naturally. That is where I will focus my efforts. I dont care about yield, and I dont care about speed. I care about the pleasure of growing and the finished product being beautiful plants with an amazing taste. So its all up to what you want and how you want to get it. Good weed can be grown a thousand ways. As long as people enjoy what they are doing and are happy with the end result, more power to them.

Dude BC, Canada is my favourite place in the whole world. I'd give up an arm to live there haha. That or Alberta, both are simply beautiful. Some of my best memories are around Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise. (I'm a qualified ski instructor) I haven't been out there since 2012 due to shitty finances, I will have to soon though I miss it too much. Something about walking/skiing through the canadian wilderness surrounded by feet of snow and mountains makes me feel at home, its wierd as I'm not from there at all.

Going green with envy right now dude

Im in Urbs. Just catching up now.

Sweet, a fellow BC resident, glad to have you on board! I frequent the loops and often try to stop in at Peters Pasta...when he isnt closed for any number of 100 personal reasons lol. I am hoping to get home in the next few days and check in on the ladies, I am getting excited to see some growth and change in size.

Back
Top Bottom