Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000w

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

Thanks for the reps PG:slide::grinjoint::cheer:

I try to do research before I jump into things, but I already bought 2'x10' chicken wire that has two inch holes to do my scrog with as well as 1x2's to build it with. It only cost me not even 7 bucks for the materials, I could not beat that with my less than impressive budget I have to work with. My lights are CFL's 252 watts {2700K} to be exact, if I do a roughly 2x2.5 scrog I would have enought watts right. I have read to have 30 -50 watts per square foot, I'm right in the middle with 40 watts psf. I might get some bigger cfl's to help boost things up.

My concern with cfl's is I know they have to be close to the plant to have the most effect, that being said I was thinking about only having it 4 inches above my present canopy. Is that to low, she is going into The Bloom Room withing the next few days.

Any help would be greatfully taken into thought as you stated you have way more experience than I do with this type of grow.

You're right on track! Lots of folks use chicken wire, and you got the right size holes. As far as the lights - you really can't be too close with CFL's I don't think. I had 750w of CFLs about that height off the canopy and no issues. Basically get them as close as you can and still get the coverage.

:goodluck:

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

Thanks. The strain info is on the first page. I don't use the real name for a variety of reasons, mostly cause the site doesn't like it.

:Rasta:

:grinjoint: finally done reading through your thread and man all i have to say is :bravo::bravo::bravo:
glad i could join in on the fun.
oh yea by the way
lakers are goin down
durantchula is fixin to have a big game at home.

You're right on track! Lots of folks use chicken wire, and you got the right size holes. As far as the lights - you really can't be too close with CFL's I don't think. I had 750w of CFLs about that height off the canopy and no issues. Basically get them as close as you can and still get the coverage.

:goodluck:

The mesh used for stucco on the sides of houses works great and the holes are 2 inches which I think is the perfect size. The wire will provide rigidity as well, at the expense of a little more weight than the plastic netting.

Wow, just dawned on me, GLOBAL MARIJUANA MARCH, May 1st. Well, that would be my b'day (a roaring 53) and I was always proud that I was born a flower child with some communist tendencies, but now, hopefully an annual Global march to "Free the Weed" (stole that from The Weed's sig). May 1st is truly a momentous day:slide:

The mesh used for stucco on the sides of houses works great and the holes are 2 inches which I think is the perfect size. The wire will provide rigidity as well, at the expense of a little more weight than the plastic netting.

Thanks slimm for that info..

I just filpped into Hulu to watch Fringe and it is hilarious! Starts with the sound of a bong. Then Walter taking huge hit! Then his assistant comes in and says,"Walter - you've been smoking marijuana." And he says,"You could hardly classify what I've just smoked as Marijuana. Its a hybrid of Chronic Supernova and Afghani Kush - they call it Brown Betty."

:rofl:

Then he's playing Operation with a kid and keeps killing the patient on purpose.

:rofl::rofl:

Its the episode name as well - Brown Betty.

:bravo:

I loved it too!

Think I'll stay tuned in here also. :popcorn:

:grinjoint: finally done reading through your thread and man all i have to say is :bravo::bravo::bravo:
glad i could join in on the fun.
oh yea by the way
lakers are goin down
durantchula is fixin to have a big game at home.

Cool beans, and welcome aboard!

As ESPN put it - there was a return to normalcy. Which btw for those not familiar with US/world history is a very cool headline. It gives the Thunder the respect they deserve by comparing it to a post-war period. And wow - what an ending! Durant had probs in 1st half - but he sure as hell turned it on at the end! If Green had boxed out Gasol, there would be a game 7.
:focus:

I've never tried this specifically, so I'll reserve judgement, but I have tried 2 types of wire and I much prefer the clothesline. It has exactly the right combination of everything. I swear its like it was made for scrogging. If I were CAP or Gen Hydro, I would sell PVC ScrOG kits with the clothesline.

Wow, just dawned on me, GLOBAL MARIJUANA MARCH, May 1st. Well, that would be my b'day (a roaring 53) and I was always proud that I was born a flower child with some communist tendencies, but now, hopefully an annual Global march to "Free the Weed" (stole that from The Weed's sig). May 1st is truly a momentous day:slide:

:happy-birthday:

Glad to see someone who doesn't think Communism is a bad word. A little bit of the "From Each according to their Abilities - To Each according to their Needs" is a good thing!

Thanks Papa I'm off to watch Fringe. I have every episode. Sounds Like Brown Betty is a good one! :cheer:

I loved it too!

Think I'll stay tuned in here also. :popcorn:

I originally posted after just watching the first few minutes. After watching the rest of the episode I am even more impressed. It probably won't go over well with the 20yr old male audience, but I thought it was a very sophisticated treatment. I think its clearly a pro-cannabis episode timed for this week of 420 and May 1. I think its no coincidence that they named the episode after the pot in the show.

Walter's expressions and demeanor while he's stoned are perfect. And things like the idea that a cop would bring her young niece to stay the day, and leave her knowing Walter is stoned show a very realistic and non-paranoid way of looking at things. It took some balls for the network execs to ok the idea I'm sure. Compare this to something like the sillyness in Reefer Madness.

Great Episode!

And welcome aboard Green007! Pleasure to have you here.

Update on the room coming in a little while. Lights are still off in flowering room and I wanna get a few pics of the scrog up. Starting to see the very distinctive buds of the Volde and they are cool. And the Utopia Haze in the scrog is looking pretty crazy as well. I have to admit I am a little concerned about the amount of light, and I may augment it with the CFLs. This would theoretically lower my efficiency though and I really was hoping to get that 1g/w from this scrog.

:scratchinghead:

I've never tried this specifically, so I'll reserve judgement, but I have tried 2 types of wire and I much prefer the clothesline. It has exactly the right combination of everything. I swear its like it was made for scrogging. If I were CAP or Gen Hydro, I would sell PVC ScrOG kits with the clothesline.
Do that bro, make some $$$$$ market it on the net...

Pics Update

Pics update:

First one is that UH I had to deal with a few days ago cause she was getting tall:
UH_lst.jpg

Here are some various shots of the scrog going now. She's a beast. Remember there was some experimentation involved in this one - so she's perhaps not quite ;) as neat as she could be. Also, I have not color corrected any of these pics.

:smokin:

All these are week 5:

The strain I call DogHair:
DH_week5.jpg

The Volde and Utopia Haze side by side - Volde on left:
Volde_and_Utopia.jpg

Just the Volde:
volde_week5.jpg

A Planet Volde Eco System:
volde_tris.jpg

Sorta group shot. 4 strains in these next two pics I think.
scrog_pron.jpg

scrog_pron2.jpg

And now a series of pics from the other end. All taken from approximately the same place, and within 5 minutes of each other:

:roorrip:

That is gonna be one giant bud fest...already is and how many weeks do you have left? :whoa:

:peace: brother, keep up that great work!

That is gonna be one giant bud fest...already is and how many weeks do you have left? :whoa:

:peace: brother, keep up that great work!

Should be about 3-4 more weeks for all but the UH. The Utopia should be about 3-4 weeks more.

EDIT: so 3-4 weeks for first 5 plants and 6-8 weeks still on the UH

Hey Papa! Those were good looking shots. What a jungle!:grinjoint:
I still think making it easy to work on and off the floor is the best part. We ain't getting any younger. :bravo: From my point of view, what you've done with the sub is much nicer and easier to work on. More time to enjoy this one. :ganjamon::ganjamon:

Hey Papa! Those were good looking shots. What a jungle!:grinjoint:
I still think making it easy to work on and off the floor is the best part. We ain't getting any younger. :bravo: From my point of view, what you've done with the sub is much nicer and easier to work on. More time to enjoy this one. :ganjamon::ganjamon:

Thanks, and you're right about it being much nicer to work in. Not as nice as your "room" - but looking better in a few days when those storms hit.

:smokin:

Day 6

All seems to be fine. I went out there late at night however and the temps were pretty high. I'm not sure what caused the spike, but it came back down relatively quickly. It is cause for concern, but not the end of the world if I can address it before the outside temps get above 90 in a month.

The clones are doing fine:

--------------

And two more random shots of the so called scrog.

:smokin::peace:

Plants are looking good. Are you going to cut any underneath in your scrog setup so that more light can penetrate to the lower bud sites?

Thanks! You ask a good question which goes to show I've not explained the method behind my madness on the scrog.

It is indeed trimmed below the screen. And in fact is thinned considerably at the screen to allow for air more than light. The light really doesn't make it through the canopy.

scrog_drawing.gif

I might have gone a little too crazy. I had never grown two of these strains before, so I didn't know what to expect from stretch, plus they were all in Veg 2 weeks longer than planned so they were big plants to start.

:cool:

Edit: Also, I only put what would be 6 pots in the drawing and there are 8 in the ScrOG.

Those clones look good bro, that scrog looks just sick as hell bro. Those are some nice size ladies.

:nicethread:

damn papa your thread is jumpin man i just caught up on three pages haha everything look fantastic though man i love that volde so awesome looking haha:bravo:and that doghair looks just like doghair lol great job as usual brotha good growin to yah:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom