Very High Humidity

Paddie

420 Member
Hi All. New here. First grow. Having issues lowering my humidity. Would appreciate some experienced help.

Whole setup below is in basement which is always cold, typically between 17 and 21 degrees Celcius. Intake draws from the floor outside space and exhaust exhausts outside space at ceiling.

Setup: 3 x 3 x 6 grow tent, 1 x 4" 103 cfm intake, 2 x 4" 235 cfm exhausts running full tilt, 600 W Viparspectra LED @ 12/12, 2 x oscillating fans, 1 high, 1 low and a 250 cubic foot dehumidifier inside tent on 24/7.

Strains: 1 x Seedsman, Auto Amnesia; 1 x Garden of Green, Super Critical CBD Bud.

Grow Medium: Coco Coir, 3 Gallon Smart Pots.

Training Methods: Auto: LST only; Photo: Mainlined. Both defoliated when required.

Watering method: Drain to waste.

Both plants doing very well.

Problem:

Cannot get HR% below 54% during the day with LED on. With LED is out, HR% climbs to 59%

Dehumidifier is drawing out 1/4 gallon of water a day. Air flow is not an issue. Negative pressure in tent is solid.

Getting a more powerful dehumidifier isn't in the cards right now, nor is getting an A/C. I'm worried about White Powder Mold and Bud Rot at the HR%'s.

What can I do that i haven't already?

Go.
20190527.jpg

Well you just nixed the only two possible solution to actually lower the humidity.
Bigger dehumidifier and AC.

But fortunately as long as it stays mostly below 55% and you keep lots of airflow going you're OK.
In bud you just dont want your humidity over 65% especially in the last couple weeks of bud.
Try to keep them trimmed of excess leaves to keep airflow through the plant and less contact of a leaf laying on another leaf.

Bit late for this grow but foliar feeding all through veg with silica will help stave off powdery mildew

Hi All. New here. First grow. Having issues lowering my humidity. Would appreciate some experienced help.

Whole setup below is in basement which is always cold, typically between 17 and 21 degrees Celcius. Intake draws from the floor outside space and exhaust exhausts outside space at ceiling.

Setup: 3 x 3 x 6 grow tent, 1 x 4" 103 cfm intake, 2 x 4" 235 cfm exhausts running full tilt, 600 W Viparspectra LED @ 12/12, 2 x oscillating fans, 1 high, 1 low and a 250 cubic foot dehumidifier inside tent on 24/7.

Strains: 1 x Seedsman, Auto Amnesia; 1 x Garden of Green, Super Critical CBD Bud.

Grow Medium: Coco Coir, 3 Gallon Smart Pots.

Training Methods: Auto: LST only; Photo: Mainlined. Both defoliated when required.

Watering method: Drain to waste.

Both plants doing very well.

Problem:

Cannot get HR% below 54% during the day with LED on. With LED is out, HR% climbs to 59%

Dehumidifier is drawing out 1/4 gallon of water a day. Air flow is not an issue. Negative pressure in tent is solid.

Getting a more powerful dehumidifier isn't in the cards right now, nor is getting an A/C. I'm worried about White Powder Mold and Bud Rot at the HR%'s.

What can I do that i haven't already?

Go.
20190527.jpg
Perfect then after your lights are on.

Your humidity is basically perfect as is. No need to get it any lower. :thumb:
as stated for this stage your rh is pretty much perfect ….before you start pulling your hair out and loosing sleep check out this vpd chart ...if you follow this you will have great results .. VPD is the Place to be ! now you may have to go get a laser thermometer to check your lst ( leaf surface temps) and input it .

Just an update, left to right: Auto Amnesia, 4 weeks to flush, 14"; Photo Super Critical CBD Bud, 5 weeks from flush, shy of 3'.

Edit: in 3 Gal pots.

Attachments

• 20190604_221207.jpg
    20190604_221207.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 20190604_222938.jpg
    20190604_222938.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 265
Back
Top Bottom