VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

LOL...Not a master...

See the thing is I grew a lot when I was younger. I did lots of side by side experiments and learned a lot of stuff and grew decent quantities of plants side by side in a perpetual setup. I mean My veg and bloom room looked real cool with plants sloping up at all ages and staggered lights. I had it set up with multiple plants transitioning weekly from room to room. So at any time I could go look and say this one is this old and I had every stage of growth happening at the same time. I could do some wild things and learned a lot. My housemate at the time had a degree in horticulture and has a farm now and has been growing weed for over 20 years now. So I grew a lot and learned a lot and that was all before there was the internet to rely on. I had books and my buddy and I grew up raised by a farmer. I didn't grow up on a farm but my dad was the first in his family to go to college and he grew up on a huge farm. So he had me outside in the yard growing up and I just went into it knowing a great deal. I was doing that in California.

Then I had to move back to Oregon where I grew up. To be honest I was making a ton of money legally and I had deep connections way high up the California chain. I could send a text and a check in the mail and get as much as I wanted delivered to my door. 3-5 ounces at a time was the standard gig and he would let me know when the primo stuff came in. So I didn't grow for many many years as it was too easy not to.

But when we passed the laws here in Oregon I just couldn't help myself and had to setup a new small microgarden in my garage.

So to be honest what I am doing now is all new to me. A small tent with a single light and all these new products on the market and all these new strains that are readily available. I mean the place I order from has regular deals and I just got an email for absolute top of the line seeds for 17 bucks for a 10 pack plus 10 free. That is like $0.86 a seed for top notch stuff...how can you beat that? I spent all those years breeding plants trying to make something great and now it is less than a buck a seed for great stuff shipped from Holland. I don't know what happened to the world while I was high but it is awesome.

Anyway "Master"... I think not. I have seen what masters can do. I have walked the fields in Nor Cal. I have witnessed "LARGE" quantities being traded. I am very pessimistic about my grows knowing what I know.

I will ham it up for newbs out there but I am not easily impressed with my grows. I know too much about what I messed up and what could have been.

But THANKS!!!!! The kind message is very much appreciated!!! :Namaste:

Yeah we will get there but not really too much to it. I haven't the capacity to really run experiments. I made up the recipe with this guy at one of the grow stores near me that I would say is the most trustworthy and knowledgeable from all 3 stores. If you go in there at a slow time and say the right stuff they drop their guard and stop trying to sell you stuff and start working with you on how they would solve the problem. He has a huge organic grow so when I brought up to him I wanted to make a chitosan tea with alfalfa and Atlantic kelp we started rummaging around and coming up with a recipe and I have tuned it a bit since then.

I wanted to NOT pay for Advanced nutrients Bud Factor X but I wanted the results as that stuff is hugely expensive. So now I make it and that plant I posted on the first page was feed almost exclusively that stuff.

The issue is the compost at the bottom of the pot has just about all that stuff as well. They say if you do this method right you just add water and you don't even have to pH it. There are ingredients in there actively being broken down for everything but silica. As long as the composting doesn't stop it should be continuously making everything the plant needs and all I do is add some sugar water once in a while. So I added some worms to keep the compost alive in case I screw up.

So I probably will just hang tight until I get to bloom and see what I can do at making the tea without too strong of the organic fertilizers and break down the chitosan differently. But we are a few months from that. If I start to see a problem in the mean time I will make the tea but likely I wont need to. Fingers crossed I did this right and I just add water, sugar, silica.

The only reason I am doing this journal is to show that it can be done. Now I never tried this quite so hard core "doing nothing" so this is a bit of a risk but I have no worries. If there is a problem I will figure it out.

:wood:

I went ahead and shut down the lights today in the tent. I'll give her a 36 or 48 hour dark period and either harvest Friday night or Saturday morning. Not sure what I want to do yet.

I know Emy has posted some stuff I have not gotten around to yet stating it doesn't help. I don't think it can hurt so I will give it a shot. I never done that before but since it cant hurt why not. When I get a set of clones I will run them identical and test it myself but it will take a few runs or many clones because I think there are a lot of contributing factors.

So anyway I harvest that plant I posted and then I will do a slow dry using the tent and when they are ready to jar I will move the new plants this journal is for down to the tent. Hopefully by then they will be ready to transplant but no big deal if not.

2_25babies.JPG

I went ahead and shut down the lights today in the tent. I'll give her a 36 or 48 hour dark period and either harvest Friday night or Saturday morning. Not sure what I want to do yet.

I know Emy has posted some stuff I have not gotten around to yet stating it doesn't help. I don't think it can hurt so I will give it a shot. I never done that before but since it cant hurt why not. When I get a set of clones I will run them identical and test it myself but it will take a few runs or many clones because I think there are a lot of contributing factors.

So anyway I harvest that plant I posted and then I will do a slow dry using the tent and when they are ready to jar I will move the new plants this journal is for down to the tent. Hopefully by then they will be ready to transplant but no big deal if not.

Go back and see my later comments on the darkness. Although it was not evident upon visual inspection, the differences seemed to show up as the product was curing. Everything was up, taste, potency, look... something happened as compared to the control plants, or at least I think it did. To my best recollection, my last words on the subject until now were, more experiments need to be done. :)

So... lets see what you think.

So what I do know is that the trics develop at night and the lights beat them back down. The most potent time of the day is just before lights come on. The least potent time is right before lights go off. It is best to harvest after a dark cycle but how long that is I think is up for debate. I don't think I have seen any definitive data on how long the plant continues to make THC and build up resin without a good top off of sugars.

So during the day the plant is doing photosynthesis and making sugar. At night (amongst other things) it is consuming unused sugar and making the good stuff. At some point it is going to run out. I would suspect at that point it is done.

I always give my plant lots of sugar water near the end so that helps it go long into the dry as well. It also helps as there are no fan leaves left to generate sugars. I have never really paid much attention because to me it is what it is but I have read many times that they will continue to produce even a few days into drying. That is probably if it is not used up doing a dark cycle.

So I suspect that if you go into the dark cycle with a well watered up plant that has a good dose of sugar water it will push out a last ditch effort and if you don't put a strong light on it through the harvest, wash and hanging you would get the most potent result. In fact I think after that last grow day you never want it under intense light again.

I have read that some people think going into this Dry makes it more potent. I don't really get that but it may be true if you still have fan leaves. As you can see from my picture there aint much left of my plant but flowers. so it doesn't have a lot to pull from.

I also think that going in with a good watering first helps to slow the drying process which is easy to accidentally dry too fast. Especially now in the cold dry air of winter.

So since I only have one plant right now I will just go with my gut. 2 grows from now I should have some clones I can do a few tests and 3 grows I should have a sea of common plants. I can do some dry, some wet, some wet with sugars. I can pull one of each of those at 12, 24, 36, 48 (assuming I have 12 plants which is way over my limit) and then we could see what that does.

So doing the math if I keeps it legals at 4 plants a grow it could take me 2 years easily to dial in just that part. It could very well be that for example a dry plant is best at 8 hours and a sugared up wet plant is best at 64. So it could be a while to actually know.

But it can't hurt and I can't recommend anything less than 12 for now. And don't turn on the intense light when harvesting. Keep it cool and low light in the distance pointed upward / away.

So I just pulled her out and took some pics. I was considering entering this in the POTM. Sp I carried it over by my motorcycle to give some perspective. My bike is an 1100 if you know about bikes that will tell ya something.

Anyway I took a bunch of pics and wanted some feed back on which 2 I should choose or really if you think I should use a better camera and get better pics. I will get to cleaning the tent out for setting up fr this grow and wait a bit for some feedback before I chop her down and start washing the buds.

Thanks!

RB9.JPG

RB8.JPG

RB6.JPG

RB5.JPG

RB4.JPG

RB3.JPG

RB2.JPG

RB1.JPG

Boy my fingers are sticky... I can't wait to get a final weight on this after drying it a week. I have a pile already and it doesn't look like I made a dent in her. LOL I may have to buy more Jars!!!

So very long day! Cutting and cleaning and washing that girl was a heck of a job.

Ended up with 5 rows about 4 feet each hanging at the top of the tent. So like almost 20ft of weed aint bad for one plant seed to harvest in just under 4 months. I should have gone one more week but most of it was ripe and it just wanted to keep going and I wanted to get these White Widows going. The 2 clones of this plant I will let go the course and I am keeping a journal on my computer of all the real details and I will dial them in. That plant is worth cloning a few more times.

5_rowsa.JPG

Here is a closer cross shot...

xview.JPG

And for some perspective here is me holding the one on the left. Quite a few kolas are dense and almost the size of a soda can.

good_sized.JPG

That should get me through the summer. ;)

So after I pulled out the finished one I cleaned up the tent a bit and after she was all washed and hung I moved in the new grow.

top_view15.JPG

The clones I topped a long time ago and I have trained them for a few weeks now. I am going to wrap the 2 main stems from the topping around in opposite directing around the edge of the pot keeping it the same height as the stuff in the middle and eventually have a even canopy. Keep topping and training until the seeds are rebounded from cloning and I can bloom.

Clones_Close.JPG

Here is a better angle

side_view8.JPG

I have the HID light turned down to 650W.

Currently my weather station reads 69F and 64RH. I just closed it up about 20 min ago so I am gonna monitor for a while before crashing for the night. My garage side door I just opened up so the temps will drop. I have the fan on about 50%. so I may adjust that some more after the garage cools back down. I had it sealed up while I was washing as it smelled real strong.

:lot-o-toke:

So everything transition peachy. I lowered the HID a bit more. As you an see I have a weather station sensor hanging at the canopy. I just moved it up and hung it with the hangers drying and it reads 69F and 58RH with my vent fan at a crawl. That is a bit warmer then I want for the drying but not too bad and the RH is about right. So I might go add some more towels to up the RH and then I can up the fan speed and get it cooler.

After the drying is done I will let the temps crawl up a bit more.

So my buddy who knows noting about weed saw these pics and was like wow that must be an Indica! well it is an unknown but I am certain it is a Sativa dominate. The leaves are thin and it took forever to mature. The funny thing is he is basing it off of being a stumpy thick plant...But that is what a Scrog and patients does for you. If you flower until mature there are no leaves left just flowers. And if you scrog it you get that even flat canopy with many long kolas...even with a Sativa.

And by the way I broke 3 main stems on that at one point or another. 2 I did at once moving the SCROG around trying to get one male out that I should have just whacked at to get out. You can see 2 of them there having been repaired. So for any newbs out there look here this actually works just fine. When I first attached the zip ties they were snug but loose , just enough. She grew around them.

broken_11.JPG

broken_21.JPG

wow V! that plant is awesome! good grief, four plants like that would still keep you legal but you could grow enough to keep all your family and friends in some really good weed!

so tell me, please, about washing. do you wash your buds before you hang them?

Back
Top Bottom