Volks Grow

Don't worry BMB, there's always some trim to clean up with scissors. Even with my trimmer, there's sticky scissor goo galore.

Soniq, it's always a pleasure. It's nice being able to show the photo's to others who can appreciate them.

Maxx, good to see you around.

HazeSeeker, there's worse dreams to have!

I just thought I'd post a few pics that are a little out of the ordinary. Kind of like previews before a movie. Since I'm just waiting on clone roots....

Oh my, yall make me laugh so hard. Thanks. Alrighty, more pics...
VGc.JPG

VGa.JPG

VG.JPG

Since we have confirmed roots, it's back to the carnival ride.

I'll probably veg for a week, I added bud blood, grow, and bloom to my res. which had liquid karma, hygrozyme, and great white already in it. I also turned the lamp up to 750w from 500w. I keep a close eye on them while I am tending all my other projects. So far they all look happy and healthy! Being as this is a journal I suppose I should throw in some stats: My nute cocktail (ec 700) is roughly 850ppm, 5.8 ph@20deg celcius.

I'm curious: Do you know what the output of that light is at 750 watts?

Day 2: I gave 12 hrs dark overnight, lights on at 8 am. After the amazing response from all the clones, I decided to go right into 12/12. I cloned under 24hr light, in case anyone wondered. This morning the ph was 6.3, and 650 ppm @ 22c., and the res. was about 2.5 gal. low (from 10 gal. start). I topped off the res with pure water, and adjusted ph to 5.8. Lot's of little growth overnight, flowers already forming, and new leaf development as well. Off to an excellent start!

Day 2: I gave 12 hrs dark overnight, lights on at 8 am. After the amazing response from all the clones, I decided to go right into 12/12. I cloned under 24hr light, in case anyone wondered. This morning the ph was 6.3, and 650 ppm @ 22c., and the res. was about 2.5 gal. low (from 10 gal. start). I topped off the res with pure water, and adjusted ph to 5.8. Lot's of little growth overnight, flowers already forming, and new leaf development as well. Off to an excellent start!

I am always amazed at how fast the veg growth is in the wheel, once it starts it really rips. It would be interesting to see what kind of production could be created growing hemp for biomass. Myself, I would be inclined to go 3 or 4 days of veg.

Cheers,
Maxx

if you see roots, which obviously you do, there is no reason why you couldn't go right into 12/12. you have to feel out the strain. if it has sativa in it maybe 12/12 right away is the best move.

the only problem is you want them to get as big as they can still, so if you flower too too early, you might get a little less yield. i think up to a week is good for most pure indica . less for anything with sativa.

Best shot for short production-bud plants. Leaving a somewhat larger lit diameter inside is probebly a good thing. More dense loading would work with the shortest possible clone scenerio. My theory, not hands on experience based memories. With a grain of salt? Here's a radical idea. Since light radiates straight down on everything in the wheel, you may not need to batch load only. Perhaps you could stagger with only slight (hopefully) sacrafice- same res for all. Somebody shoot me please?

its always good to test ou tthe strain at differnt hights at like 5 inchs 8 inchs...12 inchs ect...

Cool, thanks for the input from all.

WoF: At this point, yield is not my biggest concern, I'm really just taking it for a road test, I just want healthy productive (potent) plants. The variety I'm using is Mr.Nice (with a couple of random clones I had sitting around, one of which is a sativa), which seems to be very indica dominant. The mothers only grew to about 2.5', so I'm thinking if I wanted I could veg a little, maybe next time. I'm not familiar with the variety, and the seeds were "bag" seeds, but when you buy top shelf from a dispensary, I think "bag" seeds take on a new meaning. It's all good!

Propa Gator: My thoughts exactly, I was totally thinking about starting other clones and introducing them as they are ready. The only prob with that is, I like to use "finishing" nutes, ones that are specific to the last two weeks of growth (A.N. Overdrive, and Bloom Final). They really can make a huge difference. We shall see.

Omenman: Yep, trial and error is always the true test.

Oh look, it's time to check on the kids (soon as I get done walking my dog). More in minutes!

Back
Top Bottom