Volks Grow

Day 2: Morning check, ph 6.4 @ 19.1c, 700 ppm (I previously stated the 700ppm = 1 ec, I meant 500ppm = 1 ec) I use a truncheon ppm/ec and a hannah ph+ temp for my readings. I added some carbo-load, liquid guano, and topped off with one gal. pure water. Adjusted ph to 5.8 @ 19.4c, 750ppm. More overall development, continuing at a rapid growth rate. Not enough difference to show anyone who wasn't very familiar with individual subjects, but like a proud father, I can see it! Lol, back to the rest of the kids...

Gracias Pan, I've been checking out your aero grow, pretty freakin sweet. A question came to mind while I was staring at my garage walls, would painting the walls either blue or red influence the plants in any way. Would the reflected light be blue or red? I was only debating this since I need to paint. Titanium white has always been my color of choice, but what if? Anybody?

Gracias Pan, I've been checking out your aero grow, pretty freakin sweet. A question came to mind while I was staring at my garage walls, would painting the walls either blue or red influence the plants in any way. Would the reflected light be blue or red? I was only debating this since I need to paint. Titanium white has always been my color of choice, but what if? Anybody?

White walls are good I would use mylar myself I currently use Emergency blankets.

Pan4

White walls are good I would use mylar myself I currently use Emergency blankets.

Pan4

Only thing I had against those was the creases in them.

i agree with tor and gator (sorry pan, you the man. lol)

while red light or blue light may influence growth, by painting your walls those colours all your doing is absorbing the other spectrums and reflecting just that one. why eat up light spectrums the plant can use?
i would go with a flat white for most even diffusion. mylar is cool too and will reflect well, but if it is not pulled very straight it will create hotspots and dead zones.

pan is just a freak of greenthumbness, thats why he can get away with it.

Okay, so white it is! I've used mylar before, and I plan on using some sort of reflective material in the future, but paint is inexpensive, and a little easier to acquire. The hydro stores are hard to find and not exactly close. It's at least an hour drive to go to the store I usually get my supplies from, and I have a Lowe's five minutes away. Thanks everyone for being so responsive.

hey CMX,

one other thing, if you know that you have a sativa, i would suggest making sure she is on the outside of the wheel. (either first or last into a slot.)

if she is going to be the tallest, you will want her to be the farthest away from the center, which is the hottest part of the cool tube.

just a thought.
WOF

Steady as she goes... Day 4: Morning check- ph 6.4@19.8c, 700ppm, about a gallon low. Topped off water, adjusted ph to 5.8. Many subjects are starting their second set of leaves since being placed in the machine, while others are developing flowers more quickly. I suppose this is the difference in where I took the clipping from the plant, and its relative section of limb. A few of the cubes have roots bursting out along the bottom of the holders, very encouraging! I have a co2 tank I was using in a separate room, but I have excellent ventilation in that area, so I think I'm going to enrich the VGs environment. My situation allows open windows and doors, good thing since there is currently no climate control other than fans. I'm workin' on it....

Thanks for the tip WoF!

CanbisMxmus it's all running good 1 gal thats not bad at all. Soon you will know now much to add and what to do. I currently have 9 tanks to deal with and can do them in 30 mins.:bongrip:
Your doing great.:ganjamon:

Pan4

Gadzookie! 9 tanks! 30 min.?? Impressive! When I had my two aero systems going it seemed like they ate up a lot of my time. Mostly clipping, cleaning, and maintaining/monitoring. I also encountered fungus gnats a lot, living in the hydroton. Pesky buggers to try and get rid of. Not to mention the roots growing into everything! They work well, but man... just a little more than I want to do. I'm a single guy, I need some social interaction, seemed like I was married to the machines. Granted, I check my VG several times a day, but that's mainly due to curiosity. Everything that needs checked is easily accessable, and in plain view. I'm diggin' it.

I've had more time lately and been checking out other journals, it seems you're in every one I scope! No wonder you've got such fantastic results, you be watchin an learnin! Thanks for following and interacting, same goes to WoF, and Maxx, and all others!:thanks:

K, back to work... :headbanger:

Day 5: Same as usual, just a little cooler... Ph6.4@17.9c, 700 ppm, probably 2 gal low (I dont have a res cover) so I know most water loss is due to splashing and evaporation. I'll just top off with water and adjust Ph. I'll be changing the nutes on Monday, so it'll just be water until then. I'm getting outstanding root development, they grow every direction! They're trying to poke out, and grow out the top where the stem is. The plants with the most developed roots are (of course) the more productive plants at this point, developing multiple leaf sites and preflowers. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this machine, I can tell.

Day 5 in the Volks Garden

Picture time :grinjoint:
01857.JPG

01759.JPG

01562.JPG

01465.JPG

01378.JPG

It took 5 days for algae to become notice-able, and I then took WoF's advice and covered the opening with some tape. Simple fix, and will probably help keep gnats out too. Lookin good so far.:surf:

Hey CM, looking good. If I may suggest you secure the positions of your plants with the cloth pins that come with the system, other wise the holders can migrate, and if you get a loose one inside the wheel it can make a heartbreaking mess of everything pretty fast.

Cheers,
Maxx

i would sugest place them like a checker board too or u can move them like that later when they get bigger to have a lil more room for them to grow

Back
Top Bottom