Volks Grow

awesome. finally something to look at. lol.

a couple suggestions as my smoke has me thinking:

it looks like you could push your bulb in a bit farther. try to center it. on my 600, i push the bezel all the way into the glass housing. 1000 w is bigger so maybe it is already.

i would only use the fogger till you go 12/12 not after that. promotes mold.
If you want to try to put them in ASAP, the earliest i would try is when you can pick up the plant from the stem and it holds the 1" RW cube. if it can hold the RW, the RW can hold it.

I am happy with my tent, but i could have gotten a smaller one. a 4x4 (thats a little bigger than 4, like 4 1/2) would be a great size.
It can hold heat,but they are made to be vented. they keep out bugs, help control accidental light poisoning. you could get a small dehumidifier to control humidity and mold. they are pretty sweet i must say.

i like the LED supplement, been thinking about that myself.

do you have a top to your resevoir? or an air stone in it?

I had written a great big long reply the other night, and hit a button that wiped it all out, so now that I am not as tired, I'll try again.

The bulb is centered, I'm sure the angle of the pics is deceiving.

The fogger I only use on my clones in rooting, and for sporadic foliar feeding, I originally bought it for one of my aero kits, but it doesn't carry heavy nutrients, causing deficiencies.

I'm not as brave with my little clones as to try to pick up the rw with them, I usually just give them a little tug to see if there is resistance, and go from there. I had already placed them in the larger rw cubes being as I was going to try to root in the machine, so I'm definitely not going to try to pick those up by the clone! lol

I do not have a cover for the res, though I am working on a solution for that, I figured the water falling from the tray back into the nutrients aerated the nutes anyway, like a waterfall. The pump that was supplied with the machine is way overkill, 450 gph., so there was quite a good bit of water recirculating and aerating. Although I know that when the flood cycle is off, it wouldnt be doing much. That's something else I was thinking about.

I'm glad you mention these things, even if I already have thought of them, because what if I hadn't? Good looking out my friend! I look forward to your harvest almost as much as you do!

what kind of trimmer did you by a trimpro? they worrk pretty good..and the best part is 3 to 4 people can use the trimmer if have a bumper crop

That was my first harvest of mini clones. I only wish the VG was that fast! LMAO! I used to grow my clones full size, and at one point decided I would try to make extra cash by taking clones to the dispensary. They only tried to lowball me and get something for nothing, so I just kept them. I thought there was enough daylight hours for me to leave them outside, so I did. Next thing I knew, I had lotsa clones going into flower before I thought I was ready. Turns out, I love it, little bud sticks, easy to trim, easy to move, and aside from the caterpillars and mold, easy to maintain. I also took advantage of the situation (I had a few males in some of the seeds I had started) and pollinated the multi varieties with other high grade genetics. My males were: Mr.nice, White Widow, Crystal, and Ice. I open breeded (set the males upwind), so the end result will only be known when I grow them, but they should all be fantastic.

I must've lost 1-2 oz. due to mold from the weather, and caterpillar damage (they make mold too, little bastards) chewing my stems below the tops. I suppose it could have been worse, and I bet I don't let it happen again.

As far as the Volks grow, I am still waiting on my clone stock to root (more). Being as the VG has reverse affect on root development, I am going to try to make them as healthy as possible (using trichoderma & michorrizai along with hygrozyme). I plan on waiting till the clones are about a third of the size I want them to grow to, before placing them in the machine. In case anyone was wondering, yes, it's gonna be a week or two.

In the meantime, I purchased a spin pro trimmer, a.k.a. magic tumble trimmer. It works very well on fresh bud, and fair on dry/semi-dry bud. If the buds are fluff, it will turn them all into a nice pile of trimmings for hash. If they're moderate to dense, then it works nicely leaving only minor touch-up to do by hand. It has saved me hours already, well worth the money.

Thanks for everyones tips, comments and questions!

P.S. I will be posting pics of the spin pro trimmer and it's results for any who'd like to see.

I paid $425+tax. When I knocked out about 8 plants (small clones) in an hour, I considered it paid in full. I was hesitant to shell out the bucks when I didn't have as much trimming as frequent as I do now. It replaced my free help, and then some. It's definitely not a conessouir cut, but it is extremely functional, and I think worth the investment. I just wish it worked as well on dried specimens.

DSCF02432.JPG

It's not bad. I make hash and then butter, so I'm not afraid to cut close. I'm like the indian with the buffalo, nothing goes to waste. Lol

To an extent, there is a nut which acts as a fastener back, and quasi level set, above the eyelet that the wire runs through. The true depth of the cut I believe is going to be the thickness of the grill that it tumbles on. Any adjustment of the distance from wire to the grill really only changes the cut quality. It changes from scissor action to weed wacker, get me?

Back
Top Bottom