Want to yield around 10pounds to get out of debt

Back when I was doing HPS Indoor, my partners cousin who also had a 4 light HPS setup Co2 the works in a sealed room and he would do 2.5 lb per light in a 10x10(100 sq ft). He also grew the same strain(Triple X high yielding SUPER Skunky) every single time and knew it backwards and forwards to get those kind of numbers in Coco. I would start with a 4x4 or at least a 2x4 and MASTER your craft to see if you can produce TOP shelf product. I grow for myself and a few others and we all like variety so I don't get attached personally. Production wise, find or pheno hunt for some good genetics and GO the mother route. I've also went the small plant direction and to be honest, it's a TON of work every day for small plants. I prefer medium plants indoor and usually SCROG or bonsai 25-30". Every setup is different with environmental conditions, dial everything IN before you go for it. Mistakes CAN and will be costly if exhaust, intake, and lighting isn't setup correctly. I can also tell you running 4k watts in residential power(non commercial) areas is EXPENSIVE. That being said, I don't run HPS anymore and haven't for a long time. The heat is TOO much. That's my 2 cents. :bong:
Thanks a lot for your review. Its encouraging knowing some have done it in the past. now will cross check all data to get the setup and strain right. Thanks again.

Well all the info you need to make it happen is right here. You just have to sort through it. There is no magic formula knowledge and experience a little luck never hurts. Oh ya and money!
thanks for your encouragement. Was sorting them out and saw how vast it was. That's why I came here to get some major points to continue my research and refine the data I've stacked till now.

One of the earlier posters basically laid out what you will need: 35 containers of 5 gallons each, and enough light and nutrients keep them alive.

If you want to do this while keeping electricity costs to a minimum, you should go with LED lights. Research different lights and how much grow area they are designed to illuminate, then buy the appropriate number. This alone will most likely require thousands of dollars of investment.

If you want to do it smell-free or as close as possible, you will need a heavy duty filter of some sort for the exhaust. You will also need tents or to build your own grow rooms to prevent light leaks that would degrade your flower quality. The options for this are virtually limitless and will require a detailed understanding of your home and where you plan to grow, so you’ll need to do your homework.

Although I am sure you are right about being an upstanding, non-suspicious person, I assume you plan to make big bucks on cannabis because you plan to sell it on the black market. You’re not going to get sky-high prices per pound in the legal market.

So I assume you already have someone you trust who will buy those 10 pounds off you for top dollar? If you are planning to sell off those 10 pounds a dimesack at a time to maximize profit, I strongly suggest you start lifting weights and training in mixed martial arts as soon as possible. These will be prove to be invaluable in prison.
With the due respect I have for the time you took to give me all this precious informations I would like to tell you that you were right about the fact that I've got the person it needs to take them all. If it was not the case I would never had think on the matter. My upcoming plan is only between me and 420. Thats why I put down my pride to ask for precious help from the community. It might not be setup tomorrow but will keep you all updated before the end of the year.

" LOL It might seems funny but Im really serious on the matter. The probability to get my project a success with your help is higher than gambling, trading or searching for gold."

Because those are the only alternatives. Oy. Learn how to grow before you try to make a killing at it in my OPINION. Is it possible? It is POSSIBLE. Might even be slightly more possible than the routes you just mentioned.

It isn't even probable for most seasoned growers. If you get thrips, botrytis, mites, heat wave, power disruption, people who know you're growing... Every one of those is designed to sink your ship. Learn it first. Go professional second.
I knew before hand how difficult it was. But after getting the right setup done Im sure to get the help of the community to hold my ship on track. Will get feedback of you all before I run my setup to minimize to the maximum the risks. And in case of bad weather lets pray santa maria to bring my ship to the right destination.

George young, Pablo Escobar, El chapo.. All men seeking to get out of poverty and chose the route of drug traffic-ing to become rich and free....Look where they all ended up 2 in prison for life, and 1 dead and tons of others we haven't even heard of in unmarked graves in the desert. They all started out small and got caught up in the lure of the hustle! ...There's other easier safer ways to become debt free. Like many have said already its not worth it. :)
Thanks a lot. I know you are saying all these true facts to prevent myself from doing the wrong thing. I know I will not get more greedy than I am already. Thats why I already calculated an approximation of what I need to clear the debt and start my upcoming projects. It will be only for 1time! Will even throw these expensive setups away.

10 lbs from a first time grower (even with the best help in the world) without spending money on electricity and no smell concerns somewhere real near impossible (or odds stacked way against you). Outdoors only way to get around the power thing and that has a multitude of other problems. I mean it is all relative as can't get 10 lbs magically growing indoors as power usage and spending more money on good lights and equipment going to put you in the hole even farther, and w/o growing before quite possible you wouldn't get that money back on first grow, as no guarantees on how much finished product you get. Along with not only the risk of getting caught growing in a non friendly country (which puts you further in the hole once you get out of jail with fines and legal fees), you have to get rid of it which gets attention no matter if you have a "good profile". And not only the attention of the authorities but the folks that control the flow of what is available in those kind of markets where price is that high per oz, they don't take kindly to freelancers stepping on their toes w/o them getting their cut.
You got it all right! I might be a freelancer but Im sure to get all my harvest taken in one go. My only issue is to do it the more stealth I can with the highest possible yield. Thanks again.

Hi @difficulttofindone01 and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

The size and yield of your plants is closely related to the container size and the power of the lights you are using. Five gallon containers will allow you to grow plants that will produce around 4-8 oz, depending on your skill level. Larger containers will allow for larger plants, but it will take more time to grow them out to get to a good size. You have to weigh your room size with how many containers you can fit into it.

You can also go with smaller containers, lets say 2 gallon, and you can quickly veg the plants and go for a bunch of them... a sea of green is what they call this.... and put out 50 plants... each yielding around an ounce of product. This will require 100 gallons of soil and the space to do it in.

10 lbs is a lot of product... 160 ounces. 160 divided by 5 (an average amount of ounces grown in 5 gallon containers) means you would need to grow out 32 plants. This means 160 gallons of soil will be needed and enough lights to cover the square footage these plants would require.

There is no way to do what you are wanting to do in one grow, cheaply. The amount that most of us have to invest in soil, nutrients and lighting makes this a fairly expensive hobby to get into, no one that would be able to make you a lot of money in the short term. Set your goal a little more reasonably... try to get your first pound grown and cured.... and then go from there. Growing pot is not a get rich quick scheme... it is just too expensive to do it right.
thanks seems more like an industrial growth. And as per your data really difficult to achieve. thanks for your time will think
Hi @difficulttofindone01 and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

The size and yield of your plants is closely related to the container size and the power of the lights you are using. Five gallon containers will allow you to grow plants that will produce around 4-8 oz, depending on your skill level. Larger containers will allow for larger plants, but it will take more time to grow them out to get to a good size. You have to weigh your room size with how many containers you can fit into it.

You can also go with smaller containers, lets say 2 gallon, and you can quickly veg the plants and go for a bunch of them... a sea of green is what they call this.... and put out 50 plants... each yielding around an ounce of product. This will require 100 gallons of soil and the space to do it in.

10 lbs is a lot of product... 160 ounces. 160 divided by 5 (an average amount of ounces grown in 5 gallon containers) means you would need to grow out 32 plants. This means 160 gallons of soil will be needed and enough lights to cover the square footage these plants would require.

There is no way to do what you are wanting to do in one grow, cheaply. The amount that most of us have to invest in soil, nutrients and lighting makes this a fairly expensive hobby to get into, no one that would be able to make you a lot of money in the short term. Set your goal a little more reasonably... try to get your first pound grown and cured.... and then go from there. Growing pot is not a get rich quick scheme... it is just too expensive to do it right.
Thanks a lot for your time. AS per your text my goal seems much more like an industrial achievement and really difficult to achieve. Will think a lot on the matter and will find a way to get not too close but nearer as possible to my goal.

One of the first threads I ever read on this site suggested that people DO NOT try to grow to get out of debt. It usually ends up badly. I'd grow a few plants first and at least get the hang of it before I invested the amount of money required to achieve your goals. I'm not saying it can't be done, but as stated above, you need to learn how to walk before you can run. Whatever you decide, good luck and stay safe!

With the due respect I have for the time you took to give me all this precious informations I would like to tell you that you were right about the fact that I've got the person it needs to take them all. If it was not the case I would never had think on the matter. My upcoming plan is only between me and 420. Thats why I put down my pride to ask for precious help from the community. It might not be setup tomorrow but will keep you all updated before the end of the year.
Congratulations! I am sure this big time drug dealer must really know what he’s doing — that’s why he’d recruit someone with zero growing experience to produce 10 pounds for him in a country which (as you’ve stated) has draconian cannabis laws. Sounds like a totally professional operation, nothing to worry about there.

I am envisioning a documentary film that could memorialize your journey for future generations. (Anyone seen Borat?) I really think it would be educational. However, given your need for secrecy, I can see how having a film crew following you around might be tricky, so please don’t do this.

However, please do post your progress on this thread — it should be fascinating!

Wow, 10 lbs. @ $800 oz. = $128,000.00 there.
10 lbs. @ $100 oz. = $16,000.00 here (actually more like $1000 per pound).
I'm getting ripped off ... lol.
Not really, since I just grow a couple plants at a time for myself to enjoy with my friends. But I'm in it to save on the cost since the dispensary prices are crazy.

We used to call pipe dreams like this one "planning to commit stupidcide." Not that I'm calling the OP stupid, or suggesting that he is trying to come up with an elaborate means of (or reason to) commit suicide. Woefully unconnected to reality might apply, though, IDK.

Congratulations! I am sure this big time drug dealer must really know what he’s doing — that’s why he’d recruit someone with zero growing experience to produce 10 pounds for him in a country which (as you’ve stated) has draconian cannabis laws. Sounds like a totally professional operation, nothing to worry about there.

I wonder what the penalties are for cultivation (, large quantity), possession (, large quantity), sales (, large quantity), et cetera? Some countries probably still have the death penalty for such things.

I wonder if you are holding multiple family members of the person you have already told captive, so that if/when he gets busted, he won't fall all over himself rushing to play the "bigger fish right there!" get out of jail card?

I wonder if you have truly calculated the electrical needs of this kind of project.

I wonder if you have planned for the purchase of a generator (or budgeted a non-insignificant amount of money for lots of uninterruptible power supplies) to ensure that, when you need the lights, fans, air conditioning, et cetera to go on (and stay on)... they will.

I wonder if you have paid an electrician to fully inspect the electrical system in this house you've got your eye on, and to upgrade it if necessary. I know that, if I wanted to grow ten pounds at one time, I would absolutely need to do this. Aside from the fact that I'd be sitting in the dark before I managed to turn on even half the equipment I'd need... It's an older house, and there'd be a very real risk of burning the place down.

I wonder if you truly understand the importance of "How to be reasonably safe when growing cannabis: Step one, tell no one."

I wonder if you live in a country that is corrupt enough that you think you can bribe government officials and law enforcement personnel to look the other way... but not one that is so corrupt that those people will simply wait until harvest day, put a bullet in your head, and pocket both your baksheesh and your product.

I wonder if you've ever smelled even a fraction of that much cannabis, even a fraction of that many live plants - or even stood in the road outside a house that has a small personal grow without adequate odor control and thought, "That guy is begging to be arrested."

I wonder if, when planning the electrical upgrades to the house, you have also factored in the electrical burden of the relatively massive air conditioning setup that an operation like this will require in even a temperate climate zone that doesn't see 90°F (32°C) days. Actually, it might not need be that massive... You're talking about 4,480 grams of actual bud. Let's see... A really proficient grower, given the right choice of strains, can hit one gram per watt of lighting with some regularity. But "new guy" won't. And "large grow op" won't. So if you're lucky you can figure on, what, .5 to .6 grams per watt? Hmm... Use .55 g/w for calculation purposes, that's about 8,146 watts of lighting... In a confined space, you're looking at producing 3.412141633 BTU per watt of lighting, so that's about 28,000 BTU of cooling capacity you'll need. Oh, wait a minute! That doesn't cover the heat generated by the lights' power supplies / ballasts or any of the other electrical equipment. And that just gets you down to "ambient room temperature." If it's a hot climate, you'll probably need to provide some additional cooling, of course.

I wonder if you've planned for the security you'll need. And for where to bury the bodies, since you won't exactly be able to call the police to deal with burglars and such. And transporting a fully-intact corpse is a gold-plated pain in the arse, even if you manage to do so before rigor mortis sets in, so "some disassembly may be required." I hope you're not especially squeamish. I also hope that the sound of gunfire is tolerated in your region - because if you plan on dealing with thieves with nothing more than a knife, machete, ax, et cetera... you'll probably just end up getting yourself killed.

I wonder if you've planned for the many deliveries of equipment and supplies that you'll be getting at your grow house. And for disposal of the packaging.

I wonder if you have made sure that the water is of good quality and plentiful.

I wonder why you're not planning to rob a bank instead. After all, in many countries, the penalties for getting caught will actually be lower than what you are contemplating. Plus, it's much quicker, more certain, and - quite possibly - doesn't require as great an expenditure of cash to set up and do.

I wonder what you'll do if you - somehow - manage not to get busted, but fail at this, yet have spent a great deal of money on trying to succeed. What's next on the crime ladder, LMFAO?

I wonder... Well, many things. But most of all, I wonder if your parents have already passed beyond the veil, you are unmarried, and have no children - or if your journey along path to grief is going to include a lot of unwilling participants.

Speaking of paths, I wonder just what exactly you managed to do to yourself that caused you to decide to do this, lol. Because I'm so poor that I have hunted for food in restaurant dumpsters "in recent memory," and I don't plan on stumbling down that one.

Anyway, good luck. Maybe you'll come to your senses in time.

I am envisioning a documentary film that could memorialize your journey for future generations. (Anyone seen Borat?) I really think it would be educational. However, given your need for secrecy, I can see how having a film crew following you around might be tricky, so please don’t do this.

I haven't. But I have seen pretty much every Trailer Park Boys episode. ("Freedom 35!!!") I think it is absolutely safe to assume that the creator of this thread... has not :rofl: .

However, please do post your progress on this thread — it should be fascinating!

In the same way that people who feel the uncontrollable urge to stand around gawking at train wrecks find them fascinating, lol?

Hey OP, here's a thread that might be helpful in planning your little grow operation ;) :

LOL It might seems funny but Im really serious on the matter. The probability to get my project a success with your help is higher than gambling, trading or searching for gold.

Well shit, if you're serious about it :surf: let's ride...I'm in to help if I can :popcorn:

I have a set-up that if I train the plants properly, I may end up with about 6 to 8 pounds, if I use all my available space. I have a 4ft.x8ft.x6.5ft. tent, I also have a 4ft.x4ft.x6.5ft. tent...both for flower...I also have a veg closet that's 2.5ft.x6ftx7ft. With those tents, I also have HID lights (4 of them), intake and exhaust fans, duct work, charcoal filters, and oscillating fans for inside the tents, there's timers and wiring...Okay so far we're at about $2,000.00 USD...This is not including a dedicated 100 amp breaker box, just for that room. Also you'll have soil, pots, nutrients, and netting for a scrog...assuming your using soil...it's cheaper and more forgiving for a new grower. And now...what strain to grow.

Okay so, since you don't have plants, I would suggest a mother plant to take clones from. That way they're all the same strain and shouldn't very too much in what to do when taking care of them. That's a 3 to 4 month endeavor , and the clones will take about another 3 to 4 months to grow and train...not to mention a 2 to 3 month flower time, depending on strain.
So...now after 8 to 10 months of preparation, and about $4,000 to $5,000 USD in equipment, soil, and electric bills, you are now ready to flower, assuming you have no bugs, disease or nutrient deficiencies...
Still want to do this :popcorn:

EDIT: I am serious though, I will help as much as possible for you to achieve your goals :thumb: I have seen success stories over the years with first time growers, not that much, but like 12 plants, and everyone said the same thing, including me, too much...well he proved us wrong and had a beautiful harvest of all 12 plants...so can it be done :nerd-with-glasses:absolutely :thumb: not to mention, once you're up and running, you'll get more experienced growers chiming in with their thoughts and ideas...cuz for myself, I've only been growing for 13 years, and by no means claim to know it all :goodluck::popcorn:

11C63279-2B51-4DC9-BA17-9DA49C9E0EC2.jpeg
A9F8EE0F-373E-4EB3-BBB9-14D3AB445276.jpeg

Listen to what the people here are saying. We are speaking from experience.
Maybe as some sort of long term plan (years) you have a chance to make it work.
But ten pounds, to get out of debt, now?
No. It just doesn’t work that way. It’s not because people don’t want you to succeed.
You’re just opening the door to a world of serious trouble and stress. Start small.

To achieve 10lbs dry would be incredible. To trim that amount alone would be super human. Hand cramps on the wide open.

Back
Top Bottom