well i dont think i have ever had an actual male, least one that got this far,, i have had reg seeds show male before but that was in veg usually, so this is new for me,,

but, being a male myself,, i have a bit of an instinct about these things, like we all do,,

i am going with full on male,,

cheers, have a fine fun sunny sunday friend,, chat later

hey, i never mentioned it in here,,

my avatar,, my lego man pic,, well, the pic was picked up by the lego company, perhaps the company or an affiliation, and the pic is being used by lego company to explain their move to hemp based plastic,,

kinda cool,, impossible to do anything about it so i am finding out,, teddy told me,, but its kinda cool i guess

my wife thinks it neat and i'm a rock star agin in the house, so, all good

see if this works,, @Amy Gardner saw it and pm'd me about it

ha

That's awesome... Weird they'd need to steal someone's photo,with their marketing team but awesome all the same .. I'd be putting in an email an waiting for the box of goodies to arrive

ya, they owe, they owe,, but after them i will not go,,

as teddy told me,, and if me link linked,,

ted sed

'''In a previous life my work touched on internet copyright. Certainly with regard to UK law.

Bottom line is, if it's a registered trademark (like our own 420 Magazine logo) it's our property, Others cannot use it without our permission,

If the image is copyrighted (which most people think is just putting a watermark on it), then it can be protected. Google have recently started warning that photos may be copyrighted. But that's just to cover themselves.

But if it's an image an individual has taken and put on the internet then, in legal parlance, it's up for grabs.

However, tracking usage of any of the above on the web is nigh on impossible without a corporation-sized department of lawyers.

Any issue would be between Nivek and LEGO, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

That's how I see it. 420 may have a different point of view.

Your legal friend,

Teddy :nerd-with-glasses: '''

ted sed that,, cheers

:volcano-smiley:

I thought Rob owned all pics once they were downloaded? Our payment for posting freely? Anyway, I wouldn't expect nothing but a mere thankyou but let them know who you are, anything to nothing could come of it...

That is why I watermark my images. They are mine. However, I also understand that by uploading them to 420 mag I wave that copyright to allow 420 mag to use them as they wish. Those outside 420 are not to use them for profit or gain. I would go after anyone profiting from my copyright image outside of here. Also why I promote others to watermark/copyright their photos.

Thinking I should grow some mt x ts or ts x mt which ever way it is.. any in here to look at and push me to cracking a few...

Nivek has grown it much more than me and saw more examples. I grew a couple and they were similar to Mama Thai but maybe a little more fluffy and less sticky Here’s one that another guy named Rider grew. Shows a little of that ‘wasp-ass’ look both the Thai strains had. Sometimes they’ll grow long stingers out the ends. .

this one of my best ever plants ,, period,, mama that/thai stick,,

and the plant that Dutty was climbin for the foto shoot

but my plants are mere mortals,, compared to weaseleys and @Scrogdawg grew a killer foursome of 'macks' in dwc from seeds i sent him that were sent to me.

i have not grown a 'mack' for awhile now and miss me some good sativa,, big time

Harvested that P Chunk I dragged out a few days ago. Another floppy bush. This pheno is obviously much different from that big fluffy PC2 one I last harvested before this one. Smaller very dense and very smelly buds. Sort of a weird texture - not very sticky- dry, very hard and a bit crumbly. Sort of like the texture of hard cheese or something.
:lot-o-toke:

Absolutely.
I no longer have a very good grasp of what this journal is really about...it’s still going - just not sure where to.
My flowering plants mostly look like crap at the moment (which is exactly why I haven’t been posting many pics of them lately lol) and there have been various little nutrient and PH related disasters, along with the occasional half decent looking harvest.
Other than that the thread is mainly filled with whatever random gibberish comes up.
Welcome!

speaking of gibberish,, i got a lotto that,,

just to mention that i am still waiting on my 'mack' boyo,, as you suggested i have on small branch in a cup on my w
kitchen window sill and the plant is doing just fine out in the back one fortieth,,

the first male pods just 'dropped',, i call it that,, the sack grew a little stick and is now hanging vertical instead of poking out horizontal

thinkin it's gonna pop soon, but we shall see

i have a carnival plant just put to flower so that will be my first pollination attempt,, a lotto sativa goin on there then

i am trying to get a 'mack' plant goin to pollinate it so i can get some more seeds, but, alas, i am down to my last seed you sent me and it dont look too good

but i have the last golden tiger seed in a cup now and it has cracked, so i gotta get it to grow for sure,, my sativa seed supply has eroded like the sockeye runs,, damn shame

my plants are looking oh so much better these days,, you mentioned ph issues,, well, i was so sloppy with my ph control that i messed it all up

so i bot some calibration stuff, calibrated, keeping ph meter in water constantly, if not the recommended pure h2o, but whatever.

my ph readings are consistent now,, so that is key,, i can adjust from consistent,, no problem

cheers for now friend,, just love your frostinged cupcakes,, so sweet, indeed

another pic i piced that i think might just have potential as a painting,, i love the balance here, and there

peace

hey weaseley,, the pollen be fallin,, too cool,, so much from one pod,, i can pol;linate everything already,, with only two pods,, fun to watch the pods open the covering and see the nanners spewing pollen,, fun

:cheer: :volcano-smiley:

you know,, one thing i never thot of till recently,, any seeds produced with this pollen will be regular seeds,, in this day of fems, that will be kinda old school,, but i am old school,, so, cool

Good gibberish and photo Nivek :) I’ll scratch my head and try to think of some place you could locate more sativa seeds. :hmmmm:

Regular seeds are where it’s at. Seems easy enough now for us to acquire interesting strains like pure-ish sativas and breed our own mongrels, but maybe in future it won’t be so easy.
Or maybe it will be easier, I don’t know. Either way I think I’m going to thank myself in future for stashing some of these genetics away.

Speaking of ph I started a ‘high ph vs low ph’ test today, in response to a thread here where some folks are stating that I shouldn’t have to adjust my ph at all because of the lime in my peat moss/perlite mix. I got told that I can feed and water at 4 or at 7.4- either way it would be completely fine.

That runs totally counter to my experience growing in this stuff but I have some extra clones in veg so figured I’d see what happens.

I also started another test - sort of similar to a ‘flushed vs unflushed’ experiment, to see what happens when I feed a plant right through till harvest vs winding the nutrients down in the weeks before the end. It’s gonna be a while for those results. I wanted to have two of the same clones on the same timeline, so had to start at the beginning, to able get to the end, where the test part actually happens...

That test is also in response to a thread on the forum. Some people say that starving the plants at the end like I do is basically destructive and ‘depriving them of food when they need it most’ and doesn’t help the finished product in any way at all. Sure the starved plants ‘look pretty’ but basically it’s a stupid outdated idea that’s been foisted on me by ‘bro-science’ youtube video yahoos.

They could be right. Not about the bro-science videos because I never watched any, but about the feeding till the end thing. I don’t think so though. Seems to me like when I feed a plant right to the end it always looks sort of crappy. I prefer to taper off the nutrients and let the plant feed off of itself at the end to get that nice vine- ripened look. It does a way better job of balancing out its needs than I could, and it’s the same process the other plants in my gardens go through when they’re finished fruiting and seeding.

There is more than one way to skin a cat (they say) and my harvests come later than most so that probably accounts for the different arguments right there. If I was harvesting as early as some people do then yes I’d be feeding it till the ‘end’. The plant is still feeding heavily because, basically, it’s not finished flowering yet, IMO. Once a plant does start to wind down and finish flowering for the season - why would it need to keep feeding at full strength ?

As for whether the bud is actually better when left full term- I can’t say for sure- in a lab test sense. I’m just going by intuition. I prefer to harvest all fruit and herbs when they reach the summit of ripeness. To me they look, smell and taste, prettier, riper, better...

I predict your PH test will confirm what you read, that your media will buffer itself, so buffered nutes are pointless (IMO). For me, rockwool has nothing to buffer, so I must buffer the juice chemically. Though there might be plenty room left to debate the role of microbes in soil as they are the ones that hand off ions to the roots, so at that point, would it matter what the PH is?

IMO, depriving before chop or feeding right till the end might be just simple growers preference as these plants only seek to reproduce, so coming from that knowledge, was the plant ever meant to go full term as we prefer them to?

I predict your PH test will confirm what you read, that your media will buffer itself, so buffered nutes are pointless (IMO).

IMO, depriving before chop or feeding right till the end might be just simple growers preference

I ran a high/low ph test before (5.3 vs 6.3 if I remember right which I probably don’t) and the higher ph one was basically f’d after a month while the 5.3 one was happy. I’ve ph’d on the low end ever since.
I’ve had ph troubles for many years. It only takes one mis-adjusted feeding for the whole flowering room to go for shit. Could I have been imagining it all? Hard to wrap my head around that- sort of like saying fire is not hot when you keep getting burned. Would be nice though.

The way Emilya explained it is that those buffers (or in my case - just the lime) don’t automatically adjust the ph. It takes a long time as the medium dries. I’ve been meaning to test this fully but haven't had time. I only went so far as to make some sunshine mix soup with plain ph 5.6 rainwater- which is zero ppm and should be easy to buffer. After about three hours the soup was still at 5.7 so that bears out what she said, so far.
It’s a hydroponic medium- with soluble nutes. I do not have microbes doing the work for me as far as I know. Or at least not all the work.

5.6 is a good ph level anyway, sort of.
But if I feed at ph 4 and the medium stays at 4 for however long before rising as it is getting buffered- is that good for the plant? I don’t see why it would be.

My plan was to test the soup over a longer time period with different mixes and and see how the ph changes.

Yes the chop time - growers preference for sure. The feeding right till the end (vs not feeding till the end) is probably more measurable and I’m trying to check that out with the test.

Back
Top Bottom