The Cannabis Project

Found the problem with my lighting...

20201009_172125.jpg

That....does not look good at all. Good ya caught it in time.

I'm guessing heat from the driver melted the cord. Soooo. Rewire it, check it and place driver outside the tent.

Damit. I just found a single seed from KD female self cloning. I had to cut them down cause my light is dead ;( I doubt its fully formed, maybe just half way... That bites.

Took apart the light and cords. The part that fried surprisingly didn't catch fire (smelled like burnt metal) Ate right through 1 of the cords 100%... Cut, re stripped the wires and tested it out... Seems like the driver may have gotten fired... SO now I'm on the hunt for decent price QB to replace them. Preferably semi DIY cause thats how ya get price breaks lol Also looked over options from sponsors...

Looking in the 240 -300 w range to grow 4 plants in a 3x3 tent. Obviously light depth penetration will be a factor also In my descion.

Well done on the diagnostics. Sorry to hear the driver is done. I hope you get it sorted out and get things back on track again.

I can’t help wondering that part of this adventure of yours started with 40 year old seeds! Did you do anything special to germinate them?

Well done on the diagnostics. Sorry to hear the driver is done. I hope you get it sorted out and get things back on track again.

I can’t help wondering that part of this adventure of yours started with 40 year old seeds! Did you do anything special to germinate them?

Thanks DD just looking for a new light, seeing the almost fire kinda freaked me out since the tent is right next to my bed lol

With the 40yr old seeds, I just let them defrost for a few days since my friend had them in the freezer for years and years. Just let them warm up at room temp for 3 days, then germinated as normal. Droped 1 seed and 1 sprouted. I got 2 seeds left from the original Jew gold Genetics... Grew out the seed, got a male and Pollenated the Granddaddy purple fem I had in flower which resulted in Kosher Daddys....

That’s awesome! Goes to show the importance of good storage.
Nice one.
:thumb:

Absolutely, good storage can make Genetics last a lifetime...I feel privileged to have gotten a strain that's older the me to begin with lol

I need to choose one of these three lighting solutions... cant seem to make a choice... Dont wanna blow this kinda of $$ and the product actually not be as good as I thought it was.

#1) = 846.36 CAD Tax and shipping incl.
Disassemble ability: Yes
# of led bars: 5
Dimmable: Yes
Watts: 480
Imput/Voltage: 90-305V - 50/60Hz
CRI: 80
IP Rating: IP65
Led type: Samsung 301B + Osram + Lg
Spectrum: 3500k+ 660nm+730nm+385nm
PPFD (umols): 1200.2 umols
PE (umols) 2.6/2.8 umolj
Working hours 5000
Driver Meanwell HLG
Housing Aluminum
Beam Angle 120
Working temperature -20/45°c
Warranty 5yr

#2) = 471.11 CAD Tax and shipping incl.
Disassemble ability: No
# of led Bars: 4
Watts: 300
Imput/Voltage: 100 - 277 AC
Led type: Samsung 301B + Osram
Spectrum: 2800/3000k + 4800-5000k 9+ 660/665nm
PPFD (umols): 1010 umols @ 120V
PE (umols) up to 2.9 umolj
AMP: 2.498 amp @ 120v
Working hours 5000
Driver Meanwell HLG
Housing Aluminum
Beam Angle 120
Working temperature 35
Warranty 3yr

#3) = $484.11 CAD tax+shipping incl.
Disassemble ability: No
# of led Bars: 2
Watts: 250w
Imput/Voltage: 100 - 277 AC
Led type: Samsung 301H
Spectrum: 3500k+385nm+660nm+730nm+470nm
PE (umols) 3.03 umolj
Working hours 5000
Driver Meanwell
Housing Aluminum
Beam Angle 120
Warranty 3yr

#2 is my pick. Not just cheapest (just noticed) the best spectrum too - closing in on 6500 for flower. The others don’t seem to. More bars, too. And the 1000 ppfd is plenty useful. A known mix of diodes.

There are my thoughts CB.

#2 is my pick. Not just cheapest (just noticed) the best spectrum too - closing in on 6500 for flower. The others don’t seem to. More bars, too. And the 1000 ppfd is plenty useful. A known mix of diodes.

Awesome brother. Thanks. Funny thing is I just watched a video on #2 and decided its the one I should get lol I'll post a link here in a second

Detials of my new light being shipped out in my QUADRANT thread, last page.

It's been a while since Kosher Daddy got choped down and started to cure... Details here;

Breeder/Brand: CADBOY
Strain: Kosher Daddy
GENETICS: Jew Gold 1974 X GDDP
VARIETY: Indica 80% / 20% Sativa (Genitics say this, BUT realized that it's more likely 30% Indica & 70% Sativa Dominant)
FLOWERING TYPE: Regular
SEX: Feminised
THC CONTENT: 20%+
CBD CONTENT: 1+%
FLOWERING TIME: 50 - 55 days

TASTE: Earthy, Hashy, Fruity candy, Sweet, Citrus, Pine, Sour, Citrusy and Desiel it's a overall (dynamic flavor profile)

EFFECTS: Body, Physical, Powerful, Relaxing, Sedative.

After curing for over a month now, the pungent smell is increased, more Desiel, Pine, Forest berry-ish, Earthy smell. & the effects are good, decent head high that transfers into a more physical stone...

Not a couch lock kinda deal, but my mouth is dry, pasty and I need a drink. Also makes the appetit start up a little.

When hitting the bong it's the same flavor described here with the smell so its gonna taste good, but it might make ya cough, it's a dry smoke if that makes any sense... have a drink ready to help out.

Pretty enjoyable and only recommended to use after work is done and your maybe lookin to finish up some yard work. Or chillin or doing house work..

This strain wont stop you from getting stuff done, but it may cause you.... hey squirrel...

Sour Diesel Strain; 1 month-ish cure.

20201101_081028.jpg
20201101_081007.jpg
20201101_080951.jpg
20201101_080937.jpg

Wish you all could smell this, woah... Sweet, Sour, pungent, piney, forest, earthy and Desiel is hideing in here too...

HOWEVER, when in a bong, this is pure forest pine flavor. Caughing definitely happened. Almost instant head buzz so far...

Back
Top Bottom