Vulx Comparative Grow Featuring Kauai Electric IBL

I can tell you that Vulx has a very high adsorption capacity, very high surface area, a very high cation exchange capacity, and the ability to retain a lot of water. Not only can they be measured, but the logical conclusion from combining those things is that it would be a really freakin' awesome amendment.

Yes, our ingredients and some of our processing steps are proprietary, but there's no woo in the terms I use to describe it. "Nanotech" would be the closest thing, but the process to make it into this fine powder is literally called nanotech milling.

Vulx is Clean Green Certified, too, so even if you don't quite know what is in it, you can be sure that it's not harmful to your plants. The Fertilizer and Agriculture Gods™ have deemed my current ingredients list satisfactory: volcanic rock dust.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

You are probably right that I used mysterious in a negative way. I apologizing for that. I can be very skeptical and over scrutinize marketing claims. I'm a cheap motherfucker. I had been looking at vulx from the grows here and the ingredients were elusive. So it's a volcanic rock dust that has gone through a proprietary process and it's name is Vulx?
I'm fairly new here at 420 and appreciate the product reviews. So far I purchased Budget LED red specs and started using mega crop yesterday, so many thanks to the growers here that test these products.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

You are probably right that I used mysterious in a negative way. I apologizing for that. I can be very skeptical and over scrutinize marketing claims. I'm a cheap motherfucker. I had been looking at vulx from the grows here and the ingredients were elusive. So it's a volcanic rock dust that has gone through a proprietary process and it's name is Vulx?
I'm fairly new here at 420 and appreciate the product reviews. So far I purchased Budget LED red specs and started using mega crop yesterday, so many thanks to the growers here that test these products.

Yeah hopefully I was clear that not all of that was directed at you. :)

Just haven't taken the time to really articulate that before and figured it was a good time to do it.

It's expensive, for sure. I'm in the process of making 1 gal sachets to give out as free samples. If there's a significant difference in the 1 gal starters by the time you're ready to up-pot, then spending the $25 doesn't have the same sticker shock.

Looking forward to seeing what Scott can get done with it.

Scott I thought I was posting on the Vulx thread! Prolly shouldn't smoke weed before....wait...oh nevermind. Good luck on this, sounds awesome! My money is on the Vulxies! CHeers! :yahoo:

Nothing. Adsorption capacity on its own isn't indicative of how available nutrients are, just that they are retained in the soil solution.

But it would not be indicative of how well soil retains nutrients or how well crops take them up - it is an indication of how little is leached out which is caused by a combination of both of those things.

High CEC
Adsorption Capacity
Extremely high surface area
Negative charge

Individually these don't mean much. It's their combination that makes it effective.

Also important to note that high CEC isn't exclusive to organic material.

From what I'm reading between your lines is that VLUX is some sort of clay??

I couldn't find the actual ingredients in your MSDS, so I gotta assume ..... which I prefer knowing exactly whats in the stuff I'm consuming. That's just me tho.

CEC or cation exchange capacity is the ability of SOIL to retain exchangeable cations.

You mention;

Vulx said:
"Also important to note that high CEC isn't exclusive to organic material."

What context would soil NOT be organic material??

Not trying to be a negative nanny here just trying to understand the material that makes up your product. I'm sure it works but I have a specific soil mix and I want to know what exactly is in any amendments. When you mention non-organic material that makes me wonder even more. I'm an organic farmer. The soil is the most important part of my farming. I cant grow without it.

So folks, I'll be popping all 10 Kauai Electric seeds today or tomorrow. I'm pretty excited for this run. It will be interesting to see if there will be a difference in how the plants grow/develop as well as any differences in the quality of the bud. One thing for sure... for the price of those seeds, you can bet I will be making a few to keep!

From what I'm reading between your lines is that VLUX is some sort of clay??

I couldn't find the actual ingredients in your MSDS, so I gotta assume ..... which I prefer knowing exactly whats in the stuff I'm consuming. That's just me tho.

CEC or cation exchange capacity is the ability of SOIL to retain exchangeable cations.

You mention;

What context would soil NOT be organic material??

Not trying to be a negative nanny here just trying to understand the material that makes up your product. I'm sure it works but I have a specific soil mix and I want to know what exactly is in any amendments. When you mention non-organic material that makes me wonder even more. I'm an organic farmer. The soil is the most important part of my farming. I cant grow without it.

CEC doesn't apply solely to soil, the CEC of perlite is measured, but it's clearly not "soil", nor is coco coir. Coco is organic, perlite as I understand it is not. CEC still applies.

It's powdered rocks Bob. Pretty sure it's kosher like a pickle for your stuff. But because of the bureaucracy surrounding the classifications of organic and natural he can't say it's natural, even though it came out of the ground. Ex. Rock phosphate, natural but not "organic" because it lacks carbon.

I found some Mighty Wash that I bought a few years ago. They didn’t label the ingredients on the bottle. It says that it uses ‘frequency’ water. Come to find that they had pyretherins in there.
I’m thinking they skirted around the legalities by calling it a “wash” not a pesticide. Anyways it made me think of Vulx not giving out the ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom