Are you giving PC3 any nutes? I see N def which you could treat with Calmag. That usually has a respectable amount of N in it.

Yeah she had a fair amount of bunny poo but ge pot still, but was up-potted just before putting into flower, and more was added with that transplant. Also was well watered with Calmag. Also I top dressed with more bunny poo a few days ago. By rights that plant should be dark green and probably suffering N- tox by now.

I've completely given up on digital timers and only use mechanical ones. I've had issues with more than one digital's, never had any issues with mechanical ones. You're Malawi pheno looks like it'll be good smoke weasely

Yeh it’s high time to do some shopping for the grow- get some nutrients and some new timers and a few other supplies. Life seems to have other plans for the moment.
The Malawi-heavy GTs that I grew in the past were insanely speedy. They were speedier than the Malawis I grew :hmmmm: Hopefully this one won’t be so bad.

I see N def

Any more thoughts on this? All my plants went yellow around that time and... without getting into a convoluted explanation of what I thought happened... basically I thought I accidentally gave them some water with a pH that was too high.
You also saw that yellow Tut plant I posted a while back. I ended up tossing that one.

There is no reason anything in there should have been short on N. The bunny plant in particular should be choking on the stuff.

But when I look at the pH ranges at which N gets locked out, it seems like it would have to be crazy high or crazy low.

The only other reason that comes to mind is over watering but there is no reason that all my plants should suddenly be overwatered.

One strategy when I have no rational explanations, is to just wait until it all passes and then try to forget about it...

:passitleft:

What I'm gathering from other soil grows is that PH is a lot less important as the elements suspended in the soil is what dictates what the PH will be so if your fert mix is X.x PH, it will be changed once it's watered into the soil. In Farside's Faux mix, he says the ProMix has limestone added to buffer against peat's natural acidity. DB said to I think (PCaddict?) that calcium carbonate would be a better peat buffer than limestone because of limestone having a lot of magnesium too which fucks up the cation balance and antagonizes the calcium. FWIW, this is what I am fearing with my first mix of it. But anyways, have you buffered your peat moss with anything when prepping it?

The Sunshine Mix peat moss is buffered with dolomite lime. Beyond that I don’t know much about it but have been meaning to email and quiz their ph expert for more info.

Judging by past experiences, ph very much matters in my grow. Unless there is just some other coincidental force at work that seems to screw everything up as soon as my ph goes out of range. In which case it’s really time to get a new grow medium, or just go hide under a rock somewhere in complete confusion.

The Sunshine Mix peat moss is buffered with dolomite lime. Beyond that I don’t know much about it but have been meaning to email and quiz their ph expert for more info.

Judging by past experiences, ph very much matters in my grow. Unless there is just some other coincidental force at work that seems to screw everything up as soon as my ph goes out of range. In which case it’s really time to get a new grow medium, or just go hide under a rock somewhere in complete confusion.
Don't hide you got this brother :) It does appear to be a pH issue imo

Thanks Dank!
Year after year I’ve seen ph related issues when I stray out of range. More often in flowering- but then flowering is always where things get fussier IME.

I’m wondering if the dolomite lime in the mix doesn’t have the longevity to last through to the end of flowering?
When I email that Sunshine Mix guy I will try to get all the info I can.

I am running that high/low ph test run, using Sunshine mix fresh from the bag a couple weeks ago. So far the two plants both look fine, on 4 and 7.5 ph :eek: I just stuck them into flowering so we’ll see how long they continue to look happy.

Ahhh that Malawi style Golden Tiger.... I have a bad feeling I wrote something nonsensical on Tead’s thread last night. Oh well, Potchimp was spared this time, at least :laughtwo:

I was talking about stash jars on another thread and thought I would post about one of my secret stashes here,

.....In case these ideas help anyone....

Bookshelf on drawer slides accesses shelves that slide out, utilizing a hidden blind spot in back of a closet type space. Among other hurdles, there are some hidden failsafes to lock that bookshelf in place when I want. I can fit about 6 or 8 gallons on each of the three lower shelves. Top shelf is for little jars and random stuff.

Now that things are more lax lately re legalization, jars are constantly spilling over into my house and studio as well and will no longer come close to all fitting in here.

Here are a couple stash jar ideas that have come in handy for me.

The black one is plastic- spray painted black. It holds about a quarter pound and I use it when I’m travelling - toss it in the car with whatever.

This 1 gallon jar is one that I spray painted white about six or seven years ago. I used to have a few of them on the shelf in my house along with my flour and dry goods. They blended in perfectly. No longer looks so camo now obviously, but that’s because I haven’t used it for that for years. I’d just have to give it another quick paint job.

Ahhh that Malawi.... I have a bad feeling I wrote something nonsensical on Tead’s thread last night. stashes here,

Someone might get the idea that you're on the pot, lol.

Thanks Urban. It’s one thing I’ve made that worked out perfectly. There is zero sign there of anything other than a regular bookcase.
It locks in place, but if I ever got paranoid or was going away for a year or something, I could Just take a minute and screw it to the wall.

I spent ages trying to devise one that swings, but figured out that they basically don’t work very well, and will always be somewhat obvious if you’re looking

Back
Top Bottom