About 12 years ago I flew home from Vancouver with a monkey puzzle tree. Things were more lax then, but oh how they bitched! It’s in the yard still- about 8’ tall. I’m considering trying to relocate it because it’s starting to stab me when I walk past on the trail.

Also sometimes just called a monkey tree. Described as ‘the only tree a monkey can’t climb’, Which now that I think about probably isn’t true, but some stoner friends told me that the first time I saw one when I was about 16.
Anyway I’m sure a monkey could not climb it as it’s deadly sharp and draws blood if you just look at it too hard. For the plane I wrapped it up in a whole bunch of cloth bags and tape and it still had needles poking through.

I could spray it with STS?
I’ve seriously been considering relocating it to another property we have, which is about two days boat travel away. But it’s grown so much in the last two years while we were sorting out that property. It may still be borderline possible, but would be totally ridiculous. Unless I somehow wrap it in armor it would shred our sails. And us.
I don’t know.... Somebody has to do stupid shit like this. But I’d be wisest to just leave it or move it to the other side of the yard.

Grafting is something that’s always had me interested. I just wandered across your journal @Weaselcracker. I haven’t gone through your entire journal. Will do in time. I would like to do some grafting at some point in the future. My intention would be to successfully graft some sort of fruit/berry to the plant. I understand that it wouldn’t take on the qualities of the marijuana, but I think it’d be super cool.
Also that’s tree is super neat

Hey Canadadoes. Welcome. Don’t worry about digging through the journal unless you just want to.
There was a fellow on the forum trying to graft weed to a willow plant at one point- though his didn’t survive in the end.
The way I’m doing it isn’t the ‘normal’ way and I haven’t managed to find anyone else grafting this way, though I’m sure someone has thought of it because it’s pretty obvious. It leaves both plants alive while the graft (hopefully) takes.

I enjoy a good read, I will dig through it in pieces. When I was a younger lad, a friend of mine was in a horticultural class at Niagara college. I went a couple times and sat in (mainly because of the vodka water we were drinking). They were doing a similar grafting technique with trees, not exactly the same. My memory is t what it used to be but I want to say they cut deep “v” grooves into it, spliced together and wrapped in grafting tape. Then bagged the new branch?

Chopped the flowering Chocolate Mint OG this eve. I’ll definitely graft this one into the mix for it’s cool colour. Sort of a slate blue verging on black in spots. I wish I liked the smoke more but for me it’s red eyes, munchies and paranoia all the way. So I’m just keeping it around for decoration at this point, pending making some seeds of it for the collection.

Also chopped a Chocolope which I mainly flowered for seed production. Thanks to @Rich Farmer for prodding me to get some STS going. Making seeds with colloidal silver has been hit and miss over the years and I’m excited to actually be able to get seeds when I want. Finally. What a relief.

Morning Weasel, great getting seed.

Curious, have you produced PC seed? And if so, did you self a single plant?

I am in the process of selfing my PC, about 4 weeks into flower and it’s just recently showing major sac formation. Seems slow to me but then I found the PC to be a finicky plant anyway. Although it seems slower than the Blue Dream I did last round, the PC does seem to be putting out more sacs.

Thanks guys :).
I got a whole lot more seeds then I was expecting, which always used to be the usual thing to happen whenever I played with pollen. But after a lot of poor results in recent years it’s a pleasant surprise to have too many.

Celt, I made some PC crosses a few years back, using colloidal silver on some strains, but not on PC. So I didn’t self any PC seeds. I’m going to do that with my original PC as soon as I can though.

So I’ve grown three different PCs from seed. All quite different. The first one I grew happened to be a keeper- though I always wished it wasn’t because it’s so troublesome to grow.

I sprouted it in 2015 and I’m still growing that very same plant as a clone, After five years of people raving about it, and five years of trying to find something better, I’m more aware of how rare it is to find something special. Because it was one of the first dozen or so legit breeder-produced strains I grew, I assumed at the time I’d find something better easily enough- but no. Five years of trying and the PC still gets top place.

I could go on a lot about its problems, and have in the past. I’m hoping that creating some seed from self pollination will bring a little more vigour and maybe some better variations in the phenotype. Seems like a long shot but worth a try. If not I’ll at least be able to create some good crosses with it hopefully.

great pics friend,, love the monkey bud,, super colour contrast

simply no one here, nearly, grows em like you do friend,, and like stated,, that hash,, :eek:

P1170791 (2).JPG

a crappy pic of the honduras again, 52 days flower,, ,, and the dreamberry mack background,, crappy pic

see the honduras there,, yellow and a close up would show deficiencies of some kind, tho you know my fert volumes

i wonder if i need something else, some cal/mag or , no or, cal /mag maybe

whatcha think?

pistols on the hon are just starting to die back,, tho could be from a new spray to attack mildew,, baking soda and soap spray

weas,, i have harvested some amazing plants lately and have a selection to sample and enjoy like i never have,, but, i tell ya,, one i like the best is that lemon haze/sandy plant cross i made way back. dank and deadly as all get out,, and smells,, whoa

how did that lemon haze cross you had going come out or is coming? i can take bad news too,, ha

cheers friend,, for now,, hopin the recovery is goin well,, cheers

Back
Top Bottom