Thanks mate. The Lemon Haze is recently gone into flowering and you can see it just a few posts back.
I’ve been away a lot. So the grow goes in spurts- many of them not very good spurts. Time before last I decided my issues were caused by calcium deficiency. I also saw too much nitrogen. I think the high N level relates to the bunny poo. I added some cal mag, dialed back the MC to 5 g/gallon, and left again.

That didn’t work out too good. My next decision upon my return was that most of the plants are mainly just underfed and showing deficiencies from that. So I bumped it up to 6 gr/gallon for now and left again. I’m going to have to discontinue the beloved bun poo till I get a better handle on using this fertilizer. From what I saw most people are doing fine in flowering using it straight, as is.

Anyway suffice to say I’m still pissing around with the feeding routine... as usual. So I’m not very qualified to give advice.

As for yours- if they were mine I’d still be unsure. I could make up theories and guesses, but -hardly worth typing random guesses. Mainly I think they look fine overall . You’ve got lots of decent foliage left there to get you through to the end. Some of my best plants looked like that. It stressed me out, but they sort of grew into their yellow-ness by the end. I guess it’s not ideal to have all those yellow leaves , but I also think they can handle that amount of leaf abuse without much, if any, impact on the buds. Sometimes I think the somewhat screwed up yellow ones actually have better bud.

From what I remember Honduras was only about a 10 week strain but I’d have to search this journal to find out for sure.

Hopefully someone else can give you a less vague opinion. One thought- do you occasionally flush your pots, or generally get mucn runoff?

that lemon haze cross

Quite majestic leaves on it.

This mystery bagseed is turning out to be a pretty looking girl.

Completely unknown strain- the crumb of seeded bud was left at my place by an acquaintance who I haven’t seen since, and I lost and therefore never smoked the actual crumb.

Some of the leaves of shame on a couple of my other plants are visible in background. Still working out the kinks with new fertilizer.

Hope everyone is well, I hear there’s a flu going around. So far it’s resulted in lots more peace and quiet and time off here, and I hope some of that happens for you guys as well
:passitleft:

That right there. Yes!

Dat chit's been happening for millennia. The sun shines higher in the sky, warm and snug away from the wind. The air has humidity in it, with a bite of green from all the new sprouts. Wildlife is abundant and about. They're doing the same, soaking up the first of what's to come.

And the human, who remembers and knows and understands and appreciates it. A tool, some herb ... breathe it all in deeply and rejoice.

:Namaste:

Hey Weas, do you know folks around there that attract wildlife to them? Birds have landed on me more than a few times, for instance, and the ground mammals let themselves be seen. :hmmmm:

Like your picture.

Fawnie does have a very sneaky look in his eye today alright - ha ha.

Yeah that’s interesting GT. Of course- some people might just sit and look at the bird on them and smile, while some others might make disagreeable shrieking sounds... No doubt animals can guess our states of mind sometimes too.

Thanks! Yes fem seed- it’s the first offspring of my STS attempts. I wanted to save some version of the Chocolope strain. I’ve sprayed some more plants since which don’t seem to be doing anything at all so maybe I’ll have to mix up another fresh batch of STS.

Two weeks since the graft attempt- I went to see about removing the bandaid and found it was falling off on its own.
The graft wasn’t the greatest job but I think it will work with a little more time. I re-wrapped it and will give it a little more. Here’s a pic to better show how it’s meant to work out.

The Peyote Purple stem is on left. The Durple Pream on right is notched in and they’re starting to grow together. The area within the red lines will become the main stem for the Durple Pream and I will cut it free just below the graft.

I started a second graft - attaching a Chocolate Mint into the PP stem just a little above the first graft.

I bound the three pots together with pipe cleaners to prevent mishaps while they’re entangled.

Ha. I knew I shouldn’t use that word ‘drier’. Every time I do someone asks me what I’m using.
My only decent space in which to dry bud is the flowering room, because it’s there and it has a carbon filter. So I dry my bud inside a sort of drying box with racks, and crudely regulate the drying speed by covering or uncovering holes.

heya friend,, cheers to yas up and out there,, good to see you being so busy at the house, enjoying some stability for a bit?

the grafting,, a q please,, i know you have experimented with grafting in the past, plenty. has any of your experimenting resulted in a plant that you still use? i would guess that the thot behind the grafting is to produce a 'mother' plant to harvest clones from,, or perhaps the scientific workin is just for kicks?

i would guess, round town, that every stranger is gettin some prying looks these days,, what a different world we live in these days. i would also guess that you have no problem keeping yer distance from others these days

my honduras plant is nearing the end,, i did a bit of early harvest and the stuff is killer,, plant looks like hell tho. such trouble with accurate ph's, with my crappy ph pen

so guess what i did,, i finally bot a bluelab ph pen,, good use of 130$,, first time since i started growing that i am sorta truly confident in the ph numbers i am getting. my crap pen was fluctuating by .3 or .4 above or below accurate,, and the plants show it

be safe friend,,

Weasel how's things going up there in the great white north. Hopefully all's well

Oh yes very much so. Thank you. Just been busy working on a project w girlfriend here and it’s hard to get the time to write a proper post, since she is so annoying ! since I’m a slow writer on the phone and I wanted to get a chance to post a pic or two or some form of update as well.

I can’t speak for the Great White North overall. But in my microscopic view of things all is very well. Not white but green. The spring birds are a joyous thing to have around after the winter months. The whole yard is alive with them and it’s hard not to smile watchIng them carry on. Things are growing- earliest flowers are just starting- animals are coming out, the sun is getting higher and warmer, and the outside world seems especially quiet and non-invasive lately. So yeah- mostly just a bunch of mushy stuff and rainbows to report from here at the moment ha ha ha.
I hope some peace and quiet is trickling down elsewhere as well!
You have to understand that I hardly have my finger on the pulse of society. Never had a tv and I stopped listening to the radio several years back and am way happier for it. I am definitely going to end up being one of those bush guys with a long white beard and crazed look- it’s just a matter of time...

i would guess, round town, that every stranger is gettin some prying looks these days,

No I really don’t think so at all. It’s just not that kind of a place. Though being local, I can’t say 100% for sure. You know how local people can always recognize each other. I remember one time they filmed a movie here and the crew and actors came up from LA. They’d ‘researched the local dress code’ and stocked up at L.L. Bean and wandered around town in their shiny new expensive ‘rough clothes’, sticking out like dogs balls...

From the couple times I’ve gone into town for supplies in the last few weeks everyone seems more laid-back and friendly than usual- there’s kind of a nice relaxed vibe in the air. We are in this together. Though again my window on things is pretty small. You’d be amazed how ignorant I am. I know there’s a flu around that’s considered especially bad so people are laying low and washing their hands a lot, and some are quarantined, and the annual toilet paper harvest has not been brought in from the fields on time apparently. I gather some people are stressed and suffering and I feel bad about that. Beyond that I haven’t heard anything and do not feel the need to hear it. Got the birds.

has any of your experimenting resulted in a plant that you still use? i would guess that the thot behind the grafting is to produce a 'mother' plant to harvest clones from,, or perhaps the scientific workin is just for kicks?

Just for kicks completely. Also I used to enjoy the 420 contests and thought maybe someday I might create some beautiful grafted plant which I could enter in one, to spice my grow life up a little, since nothing too mind boggling has been happening in there in quite some time. But mostly it’s just fun to see miraculous things like grafts happen.

I haven’t kept a grafted plant as a mother plant. But that is one of the few if only conceivable good reasons to have such a plant. If tended properly you could easily have as many strains as you want going in one pot, and be within a legal (phone auto corrected to ‘illegal’ I guess it knows me...) plant count limit for example. Or whatever they call those things. Plant limit counts? Planned limit counts? Clam clinic louts? Whatever it is those people do. You know.

Nivek- one other thing I was thinking about your plants from before- some sort of compost tea or beneficial supplement would be good for you. I think It could really take away some of that yellow leaf look.
What killed me in hempy was root problems. Whenever you have a container full of stagnant water containing nutrients such as you have at the bottom of a hempy pot, it’s bound to grow some slimy life in it. I could’ve saved myself years of grief if I had bought the Z7 sooner. There are also teas, and products like great white and such.

Back
Top Bottom