Hey - was trying to reply yesterday but my internet was too crap to let me post pics. I will try again today if my eyes ever pry open wide enough :laughtwo:
What are your targets Skybound?
I have mixed feelings about the MC. Quite a lot of issues. All could be grower caused of course.

When old friends come by, it is very great honour.

Internet friends have the most electric personalities. (Ancient Chinese proverb I made up yesterday morning)

Kriaze- I definitely pick the one in rear left. Still messing around with soil mixes hey?

your journals kill me

Oh sorry. I always wondered what happened to you. Glad you returned. From the grave

...sometimes just wonder if you like to throw a curve ball out there

As for the other comment I’m not sure what you’re on about, but honestly I’m a half-ass grower at the best of times. Not throwing anyone any loops or curve balls except for myself. Like Tead when he says he’s a lazy grower, I’ve grown to almost loathe the idea of working on the grow. It’s fun to bring them out for pics and harvest, but the regular work- meh. I barely ever go in the grow if I can avoid it. Too busy with other stuff. They get food and water thrown at them if they’re lucky, and with luck the strong survive.

Somehow the plants and equipment and I have come to some sort of understanding and have been teetering along like this for a few years without major catastrophes.

A very big part of the problem is that due to prohibition days my grow is not at all in a convenient spot. In fact it is completely buried at the end of a tunnel of sorts, through all kinds of obstacles, booby traps, punji stakes, all the stuff I learned from this little Vietnam war survival handbook I got at the thrift store that time.
Not exactly- but it is very inconveniently located. If you ever come over, don’t even bother trying to look for it. You won’t even want to. This makes checking the plants a downright pain in the ass. Out of sight out of mind was the original idea and apparently that works two ways.

Admittedly, switching my flowering lights to an earlier hour was a genius idea though - I do get to go in there a lot more often now.

As for extraneous stuff like the grafts, I did them just for fun and in the hopes someone would think it was cool and would like me on the internet.

Re the nanners, it’s mostly just that one strain. PotChimp abandoned it for the same reason. SweetSue grew it too once upon a time, as I recall. My temps are good.

Usually when I see leaf margin curl like that, I think of high humidity.

I set the dehumidifier at 60%

I have my dehumidifier set for 60 too. My weed drying chamber is in the same room so 60% means I can’t overdry it.
As for the high RH and jagged leaves, I’ve often thought the same thing. All my plants usually show the upturned serrations. But what to do about it? Nothing I think.

I’m at a temporary loss on what to do with the M Crop. I may have to go search out some of the more enthusiastic users. I know there are some decent growers out there who seem to think that this stuff works great, so I guess I’ll go look for reassurance

My flowering nutrient situation was screwed up before too. But that was the devil I knew. I’m starting to find the new devil pretty annoying now that I’m toasting my plants in new ways. What conclusions have you come to, Mr @Tead? Mr @nivek ? When I bought that stuff I wasn’t planning on spending a bunch of time on the journal talking about it but here we are.

Some of the flowering strains look super dark green. Others are medium green but still look too rich in N by my usual standards.

I haven’t flowered anything up to my previous sticky standards since I got the MC, but then it hasn’t been that long and mistakes have been made.

This poor La Niña in veg looks terribly overdone. Other plants in flower such as this Lemon Skunk cross at 6.5 grams per gallon are looking increasingly sickly.

Yellowing, dull lifeless colour to the leaves. Pics don’t look that bad but in real life they look quite sad. I suppose I’ll bump it up to 7/gallon (?).

Oh common man.... you're just diggin for smart ass comments here. I'd toss one myself, but it seems pointless now. Tempting tho!

Oh please do- go for it.
Dude I’m becoming a Luddite. Have you ever had a crappy relationship, or been in a crappy situation in life, and then later on in future when you’ve grown past it, you look back and think about your ex or your ex situation and simply can’t imagine ever going there again? Like every cell of your being rejects the idea with a shudder, and you know that you’ve moved on to better things?
That’s how I feel about a bunch of common mainstream things like ‘the news’, mainstream human culture, ‘the government’, ‘the law’, facebook, ‘the state of the world’, fashion, movie stars, tv, highways, fast food, lineups, big barn stores, traffic jams, advertising, all that stuff. I’m increasingly unaware that the stuff even exists and have gotten totally addicted to life without it. I’ve moved on. I’ve got all sorts of cool stuff going on here in my peaceful bubble that has nothing at all to do with any of that stuff. I don’t give a rat’s ass about the ‘news’ or politics. I care about making stuff, playing music, fishing, sailing, getting stoned, tweety birds, flowers, rainbows. Stuff like that. All that other stuff can keep off my lawn, goddammit.

Oh please do- go for it.
Dude I’m becoming a Luddite. Have you ever had a crappy relationship, or been in a crappy situation in life, and then later on in future when you’ve grown past it, you look back and think about your ex or your ex situation and simply can’t imagine ever going there again? Like every cell of your being rejects the idea with a shudder, and you know that you’ve moved on to better things?
That’s how I feel about a bunch of common mainstream things like ‘the news’, mainstream human culture, ‘the government’, ‘the law’, facebook, ‘the state of the world’, fashion, movie stars, tv, highways, fast food, lineups, big barn stores, traffic jams, advertising, all that stuff. I’m increasingly unaware that the stuff even exists and have gotten totally addicted to life without it. I’ve moved on. I’ve got all sorts of cool stuff going on here in my peaceful bubble that has nothing at all to do with any of that stuff. I don’t give a rat’s ass about the ‘news’ or politics. I care about making stuff, playing music, fishing, sailing, getting stoned, tweety birds, flowers, rainbows. Stuff like that. All that other stuff can keep off my lawn, goddammit.

I agree with you whole heartedly mate, big difference is, I came ”out” of the woods about 8 years ago and more often than not regret leaving that life behind lol one day maybe I will get back to living in the woods with just me and my dog lol

My current targets in my buffered peat is this;

NO3 - 142.5
NH4 - 7.5
P - 55
K - 210 (down from 225)
Ca - 130
Mg - 55
Si - 20 (up from 10)

When I had K up at 225, I was getting some Ca issues, but lowering the K seems to have abated the Ca def. The above targets (if you try them) should be able to be worked to use the Megacrop plus the extras. Because I don't have the Megacrop, I'm going through Cal Nite lightning fast. Also, for past regimens, I tried to run MC's numbers and had severe P deficiencies, but upping the P to 55 abated those problems. But honestly, my garden (aside from my ginormous sativa cross) all seem to have stable even colors. Trip Cheese and Incredible Bulk LOVE those targets, but the Ayahuasca Purple and GSC like this feed as well, though not as much as the first 2 strains. I think the purp and GSC would want a bit less N, but I'll wait another month of observation before deciding to lower the N. Also, my buffer is 5-6 cups calcium carbonate, and 1 cup of Garden Lime. I also throw in a cup of SRP, but only because I have it, but it's not needed to buffer.

My sativa cross doesn't look like it'll be anything more than just fat and heavy. Trics are almost non existant, but we'll see next week. Those leaves got scorched from the 225 of K and it was the overall improvement on all of the rest of the plants that let me know that lowering the K was a good thing. I'll snap a pic or two this evening if ya wanna see.

All that other stuff can keep off my lawn, goddammit

Quick words... on the run.
So, I'm working on 2 duplexes in an area of town filled with lots of kids. Deep in the 'burbs where one finds an over abundance of small beasts. Both duplexes have suburb (suburbs usually have larger lots than inner city ones) sized front and back yards. The yards are a boon for football playing children despite the presence of real football fields 3 blocks away. The other day I chased about 6 of them away. I literally heard myself blurting out "Get off my lawn!". Little bastards put me directly in old man mode. Sucked.

Those little shitz!

@Skybound I’ve been too busy/lazy to crunch the MC number through Hydro Buddy.
Basically I was hoping I wouldn’t have to in order to make it work. But will sit down and do that today. This is what it says on my bag, assuming no hidden surprises.

Ok Sky so I had to stop being a lazy grower for a few minutes, and added this info into HB as best as I could.
You’re going to be in for a nice surprise when you stop by your HB thread by the way :thumb:

First hurdle I hit is not knowing what to choose with the two drop down menus for P and K- which type? I just went with plain P and plain K in the menu.
Juggling a bit with bottled calmag I can easily replicate your numbers so I’m going to run with that.
Assuming I entered the elements correctly- at 6.5 g/gallon of MC I was feeding them
N- 145
NH4- 8.5
P - 103
K- 242
Ca- 96
Mg- 39

Which I could totally imagine giving me the calcium/mg issues I think I’ve been seeing. I wonder if this relates to Nivek’s yellowing as well.

In every Guaranteed Analysis I saw, P is listed as P2O5, K as K20 and silica as SiO2, so you need to input the numbers into the app that way. When you save the new formulation, it then converts those 3 oxides into the elemental number that is used in the targeting section. Your numbers look good except for P which IMO looks toxic, so hopefully that's just from incorrectly inputting the numbers or something. I just moved onto a new old PC (new to me) and I'm yet to reprogram any of my old profiles, but I'll do so now with the label you have there and see if I can reproduce your numbers. I noticed HB got rid of the Clear Targets button which makes it more difficult to work with. I'll get back to you in 10-15 mins with my results.

Here's the data entry fields with the numbers input correctly. The other is just 6.5 grams to 1 gallon with no CalMag.

Megacrop HydroBuddy data entry.png
Capture.PNG

Awesome. That’s exactly what I have now too. Thanks!
How’s it going with you by the way?

I'm good, just tryna stay safe in this weird new world. My garden is doing better and better with each passing day. Still not to the range where the peat competes with the rockwools for yield, but there is now a growth vigor I notice in all the plants that I didn't see a month or two ago and the leaves don't get spotty until about week 8 which is basically the end of the line for most strains. Here's some pics I took last night. Sorry about the yellow HPS color, I still haven't looked into a new LED panel.

IMG_20200414_210033422.jpgIMG_20200414_210045440.jpgIMG_20200414_210054538.jpgIMG_20200414_210220530_HDR.jpg

Wtf. Where’d my journal go...? Four pages back in the subscriptions list har har.

Been a bit busy. I’m gonna take off and go sailing for a couple weeks. Actually we have already technically left, but decided to anchor out near town tonight as we got a late start and it’s long day’s trip to the next decent anchorage.
I’ve been planning this trip for a while but it got postponed cause the caretaker girl ‘fell in love’ (oh Ugh!) and flaked out at the last minute, so I had to frantically improvise some sort of auto watering system.

I reworked the old Hexapus into an octopus. A couple 200 gph pumps, two watering manifolds, and some 1/4” line and fittings. Not enough T’s to run all the lines I wanted, but I managed to modify various dripper and sprinkler attachments to turn them into T’s- most of the watering attachments being already sort of T shaped if you remove whatever doodad is on them and whittle then down to fit the hoses. This is one time where Skybound’s 3D printer would have been worth its weight in gold.

Because the water pressure from these little pumps is so wimpy, there was no end of headaches o_O
For example the watering manifold in veg has 8 lines. I figured after organizing things I could reduce the veg jungle to about 30 plants. For the little plants I would split each line 4 ways- so that each plant would get about a quarter of what a single 1/4” line can deliver.

This turned out to be impossible as there just wasn’t enough pressure. A two way split was the maximum, and even then the whole contraption is a lot like a convoluted marble run where gravity rules and everything has to be arranged and balanced perfectly if I expect it to get water coming out the end of every hose. It was a real puzzle. I ended up with more like 15 plants in veg.

Oh the headaches and pissing around! I tossed many plants, and planted some in my greenhouse, it being so legal now and all.

The four way graft is in the back left. I do hope that one lives. I gave it two of the eight watering lines.

It’s set up about as as good as it’s going to get, with 100 gallons of Mega Crop soup à la Skybound in flowering and 50 gal of something else in veg. We shall see what happens. Many of the ones in flowering are almost at harvest and will be way past ripe when I get back, but whatever. Even if it all goes to shit, in the worst case at least I hope to be able to save my best strains.
I’d like to be able to go away more often and so this is a good trial run.

The plants seem to be reasonably happy on the latest mix, so far.

Last week I had a friend stay overnight in the guest space where I had my little tiny STS treated Strawberry Blue quarantined for pollination purposes. She unplugged the heater in there and I didn’t notice for 4 or 5 days.
Ever want colorful plants? Turn off the heat for a few days. You can see a page or so back how this strain usually looks.

I have almost no concept of what’s happening out there in the world but I know it’s all about the flu these days for many. I very much hope some of you guys are finding some sort of silvery lining in it. I plan to enjoy mine while it lasts, cause I suspect the silvery lining is pretty thin and this thing will probably bite me in the ass eventually. But maybe not. Who knows..... :passitleft:

I feel for ya mate, watering systems are a pain. The 400gph pump I have worked great for 5 plants and keep them happy while I was away on business. It’s useless as tits on a bull for the new 18 plant setup.

As for the silver lining, it’s a double edged sword, I have the time to tend my plants and hand water them, but being on leave hurts the pocket book and money is too tight to buy a bigger more capable pump.

Enjoy your trip mate :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom