When one can't muster logic to make a point, one goes with fog and misdirection.

But I think they got their ideas from old Italian mothers.

Getting a lot of that these days o_O

Damn dude, I been reading your signature all wrong because I thought you were in between grows, but NOPE, your bottom sig had a link to your journal this whole time. Ehhh, I got some back reading to do. Your link dropped me off on page 10 and I read forward from there. I dig your position on problematic grows vs the ones where everything goes right. You gotta know by now I pretty much am a glutton for problems as I am always trying to change things in my grows. Can't wait to read about the grafting procedures from the beginning. Have you read anything about air layering? Similar process, but for cloning one, not making two into one.

At any rate, I'm subbed (hello Captain obvious! (I know))

Cool Skybound. I'm honoured by your problem loving presence. Hopefully I will have some soon, but to be honest things just aren't as nail-chewingly stressful as they were around here a year or two ago, not to mention all the years before that. I'm faced with having mostly nice plants all of a sudden, and sometimes lately I feel like I'm just showing off 'nice plants', like a dickhead. Lol. So I've been leaning more towards squeezing in a bit of the educational stuff- since there's nothing much you can do with pictures of someone else's nice plants - except look at them, and think 'hmmmm nice plants there -what a dickhead'.
But not to fear- somethings bound to happen.
I do sort of wish I hadn't been forced to destroy a bunch of my veg plants last week to make room, because I was planning on doing some educational side by side test grows with some of those clones.

I don't know wtf is going on with my signature link. I've redone it several times now to link it to post #1- and then it will work for me for a few days, before it starts taking me other places in my journal. I don't click on people's signatures much so I don't know if it's a 420 wide problem or just me. I don't want to ask the mods yet because I've totally used up my 420 management annoyance allotment for the entire year already, and the year has barely started.

Yes I was in between journals till recently. I don't know if I covered the grafting process well in this journal- because I started it before the journal. I probably have a few more photos I could dig up. It's a very simple concept though.
It was just an idea for a type of grafting using two living plants, which floated up on a thread a year ago. I tried it at that point and managed to make it work- then later accidentally ripped the graft off and wrecked it.
I forgot all about grafting till someone mentioned the idea and I got it into my head to try. Just along for the ride really and I don't know what's going to happen with it.
I haven't tried air layering but i was watching someone do it recently using rapid rooters. I'm not 100% sure even what a rapid rooter is but i gather it's a bit like a peat pellet or something. Here is a link to that journal. Monsignor's Laboratory Of Cannabis Madness It looked like he just stuck a rapid rooter on the end of a branch and left it there till roots formed.
Also AK Gramma tried some air layering. I don't know how far she got with it. I think something came up and she had to quit. Something I should try- because it could be a pretty painless way to clone.

I'd have taken that Terpinator off your hands Weasel if I was but closer, or on the same continent even lol.

Yeah well- I'm on the same continent as the Terpinator, but they'll only ship to America. I think they forgot there are other countries, when they put it up as a prize in the nug contest. Sponsors often do that.
Maybe Ak Gramma wants it if she comes back.
Maybe Skybound wants it.

Now I'll crack on with the chemical and organic side by side. I know the taste is better from organic but the plants seem much healthier with the chemicals

Uncle Cannabis made it look so easy. To me a good organic cannabis mix sounds like some sort of magic spell. I just don't know how to approach it. But that goes for everything else I haven't tried - there just not enough time in life to go in every direction at once and succeed at it or I would be. Organics will have to wait.
That's very inspiring that you rigged those lights up. I hope you start a journal soon before you only have nice plants to bore us with.

I wish you were close by, I have 3 good sized veg plants, one of which is destined for bloom in 3 weeks, the other 2 are getting the axe. Air layering looks kind of complicated to me, and I can definitely see many things going wrong if I tried it. Nah, I'll stick with my current problems. Last week, I had a major water leak on the second floor and needless to say, I have to redo a portion of a first floor ceiling and boy do I hate doing drywall! Perhaps I will try air layering or grafting when my current problems abate. I do like problems, just as much as you because its in them that we learn the most and I really do hate looking at pretty plants. I mean, I'm stoked that you'll get a bountiful harvest, but without the problems, this hobby/business is reduced to watching grass grow. Thankfully though, most of us smoke pot!

Personally I have never looked at pictures of beautiful plants and thought 'What a Dickhead'...unless of course the person posting them happened to BE a Dickhead. Mostly they make me drool a bit :)

What a dick!

007950.JPG

;)

Trump and every other politician in the world. They teach em this stuff. Dont get me started damnit

Shit- winter just won't quit around here. The robins arrived here day before yesterday. A big flock of them runnning around in the grass in the yard. About thirty minutes after they got here a blizzard hit and they were huddled under the trees digging around. Now there's over ten inches and it's still coming down- total whiteout. I don't know where the robins are now- maybe they went down to the beach. I'll be back to drilling and tapping frozen water cisterns by tomorrow to water the plants.

As long as you don't mind a taste of hell now and then I suppose. Not so sure about the final destination either mate. Welcome along for the ride though. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom