Thanks folks. I got back home from the surgery. There are some complications and I may have to go back to the city ASAP for more surgery but I will find out soon about that. All sorts of other challenges going on here at the moment :eek: Ahhh it‘ll pass.

I harvested four plants yesterday and two more tonight. Three of them were little ones planted together in the same 10 gallon pot. I have harvested all the HPS grown plants except for one and shut the HPS side down for a while. I’’m considering buying a couple more of the Atreum LEDs, which I’m super happy with. But I will see how my finances fare through the summer.

As I mighta mentioned before the plants on the HPS side were grown quite scraggly and bushy. Still some good bud came out of that side but I’ve been quite generous with the hash trimmings allowance as I would like to make a bunch of hash soon for a little old lady friend who is constantly asking me.

This ugly floppy monster in a 10 gallon is a Durple Pream. It didn’t look like much but I was happily surprised at how sticky and nice it was underneath all those scraggly leaves.

These are the three plants that were in one pot together. From left to right -two Chocolopes and a P Chunk. All three of these plants turned out great, especially the two on the right.

I grew 5 or 6 of these Chocolopes from seed and see a couple phenos.

This one is kind of a very dark green colour with round chunky buds. Very easy to trim. The bud has an odd bitter smell. It most reminds me of ozone- a sort of bitter acrid smell that I come across in the city sometimes. Not a bud smell I’ve ever noticed before though. It looks like it had a little bit of variegation on it.

This other Choc looked great - very sticky and nice. Smelled more like the original Chocolope I created the seeds from. Kind of a cantaloupe jasmine fruity smell, but it also had a little bit of that ozone thing.

The other plant was a Pineapple Chunk. It also turned out great. This was especially nice to see as I have struggled for years trying to get these PCs through to harvest properly and it’s been hit and miss. Exciting to see that it can happen organically without my tender loving care. This plant was just getting to the stage where it starts to take on some blue and rainbow colour and get very gooey and nice.

I chopped another D Pream and a Blue Dream tonight but I’m too lazy to sort and upload the photos right now. I noticed the Blue Dream has that bitter ozone smell as well so I think it must be somehow associated with the organic mix.

Right now I’ve got a roof full of bats freaking out above me and a pair of lovesick bunnies that are chasing each all other all around the house down below. Going to put a pillow over my head and try to get a bit of sleep. :)

Thanks to all you guys for following and the well wishes! I have got a few emails to catch up with as well. It has been madness here. Anyone else have times where forces converge and you feel your life start to slowly spiral downwards with a giant sucking sound? :rofl:
Never look down! Grab a passing turd and cling on and kick your legs!

:thumb:

Chopped a few more plants. A Durple Pream which pretty much went straight in the hash pile. Not because it was terrible but i need hash, and it was bushy and really hard to trim and I've got my work cut out for me here already. I saved a few choice buds.

A Blue Dream. The more indica of the two that I originally sprouted. Blue Dream 1 never got put into flower (yet).

The bud on this one was top notch as well. Though for some reason I didn’t take many photos.

I keep dragging these plants out, looking at them and thinking they are past their prime and going to be all dry and leafy and crappy. But then once I start pulling a few leaves off I find out that they are super nice and sticky under the shabby exterior.
Again the slight bitter smell. :hmmmm: I wonder if that will change on round two of the LOS mix.

This monstrosity Is a Carnival which I trimmed last night. Looking at it I obviously assumed it was way past its best-before date, but again when I started trimming it I found out it was succulenly sticky and nice. My pictures are crap. My mind is scattered and I’ve been panicky from dealing with all the bullshit! I trimmed another carnival today that may have some better photos.

before

after

Morning Weasle,

The ozone smell is interesting, not something I have come across.

I know around here there are types of kelp that give off an ammonia smell as they start to decompose, wonder if the Bull Kelp may have something to do with it.

Regardless, my guess is that after drying and curing, it should disappear and the bud take on the smells you are familiar with.

Yeah it could be a kelp thing for sure. That sounds about right. It’s pretty mild. I just noticed it because I was sniffing around a little more than usual. You know how people always say organic dope has more smell and flavour...

This was very much a trial run with a green mix that was barely ready to be called soil yet, so I’m impressed with how well it went.

This is the Carnival I harvested yesterday.

This cast thing on my arm has a bunch of gauzy crap inside and the thing is hell to trim with. I’ve been putting a sock over it which helps a little... :)

So true. It‘s nature letting us know who’s in charge, I figure.
Chocolope looks just like the original choc that I grew
That’s encouraging. I’m not really sure how strong the genetics are with this Chocolope. The original one I grew for the seeds was a bit weird. It’s nice to see the offspring still have some spunk though.

I have lot of rather large plants outdoors now :D When I went sailing I just put everything in pots amd stuck em wherever I could. I took two of them more manageable ones today and squashed them into the indoor grow.

The Critical+ had to be brutally supercropped and I expect some branches to die. I’m kind of questioning why I even put it inside since it takes up so much room. But whatever.

Getting down to two or three plants left to harvest from the spring round.
I hauled this Kali China out tonight, pulled off a few dead leaves, and then decided I was burnt out on working for the day. I’ll trim it tomorrow hopefully

By the way the object sticking out of the top of the wine bottle in the second pic is my personal modified army knife.
Customized to include only the essentials and remove frivolous extras.
Such as the knife...

The things are bloody dangerous anyway.

Been drinking a lot of wine lately- the vitamin C greatly helps the healing process...

let me live in your yard plz
Please do! And seriously a caretaker’s gig is all yours if you want it. Free wine, solitude, weed, salmon, bats and religious fanatics, and whatever else I can provide.

You asked about the variegated plant. I don’t have any seeds or clones of that one. A variegated Chocolate Mint I grew a couple years back was one of my favourite plants ever in terms of looks but it was a bit hard to clone and the variegated form eventually died out.

I did make some seeds from the Chocolate Mint but never got any variegation again from them. I don’t think the trait passes on very well in seed form. (?)

I’ve been taking more overly large plants and trying to squash them indoors. Here’s a Chocolate Mint OG I put into flowering yesterday.

Hmmm.., :hmmmm:

I managed to bend it over and squish it in there minus a few broken branches. Supercropping a very woody inch-thick stem is really not a pretty sight. I’m basically just completely crushing the stem into lengthwise splinters. Anyway it doesn’t seem to have died.

A 5 foot tall P Chunk I dug out of the ground in my greenhouse yesterday, transplanted into LOS, and bent over horizontally. Once she recovers I’ll stick her into flowering. I’m getting about four of these plants in per side of the room but it’s pretty damn squashed.

Kali China

There’s another one of these planted in my greenhouse which is head height and growing very beautifully.

Nice big leaves on her. Not sure I have the heart to dig her up and squash her indoors. I’ll see how determined she is to hit the ceiling and if she behaves I’ll just leave her in the greenhouse for the fall.

Please do! And seriously a caretaker’s gig is all yours if you want it. Free wine, solitude, weed, salmon, bats and religious fanatics, and whatever else I can provide

With a pitch like that you should setup an Airbnb :rofl: (I'd go!)

Seriously though, lookin good Weaselcracker

Please do! And seriously a caretaker’s gig is all yours if you want it. Free wine, solitude, weed, salmon, bats and religious fanatics, and whatever else I can provide.

You asked about the variegated plant. I don’t have any seeds or clones of that one. A variegated Chocolate Mint I grew a couple years back was one of my favourite plants ever in terms of looks but it was a bit hard to clone and the variegated form eventually died out.

I did make some seeds from the Chocolate Mint but never got any variegation again from them. I don’t think the trait passes on very well in seed form. (?)

I’ve been taking more overly large plants and trying to squash them indoors. Here’s a Chocolate Mint OG I put into flowering yesterday.

Hmmm.., :hmmmm:

I managed to bend it over and squish it in there minus a few broken branches. Supercropping a very woody inch-thick stem is really not a pretty sight. I’m basically just completely crushing the stem into lengthwise splinters. Anyway it doesn’t seem to have died.

A 5 foot tall P Chunk I dug out of the ground in my greenhouse yesterday, transplanted into LOS, and bent over horizontally. Once she recovers I’ll stick her into flowering. I’m getting about four of these plants in per side of the room but it’s pretty damn squashed.

There’s another one of these planted in my greenhouse which is head height and growing very beautifully.

Nice big leaves on her. Not sure I have the heart to dig her up and squash her indoors. I’ll see how determined she is to hit the ceiling and if she behaves I’ll just leave her in the greenhouse for the fall.
OMG those variegated plants! <3

p.s. I'll be there in a week if I can airsoft the religious fanatics from the tree line

Back
Top Bottom