He survived the sea, this I've confirmed, but still waiting to hear some stories, I know there will be stories.

Hey friends! Been back a good few days now- just came to check in because I feel like a shit for not getting on here sooner Sorry!

I keep thinking I have have to do an update and I just haven’t had the time - get to the photo uploading stage and something else tugs on my sleeve. .

Plants are all well. The main thing holding them back was the immature organic mix I think. But other than that they did great all things considered. I do have some photos so I will do an update when I get a chance. I really have to get in there and harvest the buggers already.

Chopped through a finger tendon with my hatchet the other day so I’m just waiting on a flight out to the city to go get surgery. Then once I am in the city I anticipate a little bit of downtime and thought I would update then. See- I do have a plan! :D

Someone just came by and dropped off a bunch of salmon so I’m in the middle of dealing with that right now. I had hoped to chop some plants tonight but.... ‘maybe tomorrow’. :eek:

Damn... I’ll be back!

far left with the plate washers and threaded rod
I’m not 100% sure what you mean by this but if you mean on the wall above the bed where there are some large square washers with acorn nuts- That’s just inner backing for one of the chain plates. The chain plate in this case is a fixture to hold the bottom of one of the cables supporting the main mast

Hey friends! Been back a good few days now- just came to check in because I feel like a shit for not getting on here sooner Sorry!

I keep thinking I have have to do an update and I just haven’t had the time - get to the photo uploading stage and something else tugs on my sleeve. .

Plants are all well. The main thing holding them back was the immature organic mix I think. But other than that they did great all things considered. I do have some photos so I will do an update when I get a chance. I really have to get in there and harvest the buggers already.

Chopped through a finger tendon with my hatchet the other day so I’m just waiting on a flight out to the city to go get surgery. Then once I am in the city I anticipate a little bit of downtime and thought I would update then. See- I do have a plan! :D

Someone just came by and dropped off a bunch of salmon so I’m in the middle of dealing with that right now. I had hoped to chop some plants tonight but.... ‘maybe tomorrow’. :eek:

Damn... I’ll be back!

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by this but if you mean on the wall above the bed where there are some large square washers with acorn nuts- That’s just inner backing for one of the chain plates. The chain plate in this case is a fixture to hold the bottom of one of the cables supporting the main mast
Oh icky! I bet that felt funky right before the pain set it. Bleh. Hey, you got a mojo finger now. You can scare children with it!

I was really worried you just sailed off the edge. You know satellite internet has come down a lot in price in the last ten years. JUST SAYING (insert happy yet chastising mom face here)

Are you back where you were or did the winds carry you to a new shore?

Ha. I’m trying not to beat up on myself too much over it! Was just shaping a piece of wood and the hatchet glanced off and nicked my left hand - a small cut but with unlucky aim right through the tendon at a knuckle. Ah well shit happens. I’m home but flying out Monday morning. Thanks for looking out for me folks, and for the prods to get back with the program here because I really have to deal with some of these plants!

This is how the grow looked when I opened the door on my return.

The left side is under LED looking a bit thin, but colourful.

The right side under the HPS is more of a mangy looking mess- but decent enough once you start cleaning up dead leaves. The differences of the two sides might be partly from strain choice more than anything. Not really sure yet as basically I’ve barely been in to see the plants at all before tonight ha ha ha.

The organic mix and auto watering is an unbeatable combo if you want to get lazy and never tend your plants. Give me an inch and I will take a mile. Let me know when it’s near harvest....:surf:

The night after I got back I chopped the top off the Zamaldelica, as well as a Lemon Haze with a very large cola.

The Zamaldelica is yet another one of those Ace Seeds concoctions that include Thai and Malawi, and the look and smell are familiar. I’m not sure about the effect yet. First impressions are that the high is not as clear and zippy as I hoped it would be based on the appearance, but definitely much more testing is in order...

The Lemon Haze ( RQS is the breeder) is a bit more quantity than quality but I’ve been enjoying smoking it. It’s not super strong. Zero scent of lemon.

I went to ventured back in the grow tonight and chopped one pot. This was three smallish Chocolope that I had planted in one pot. One of them had mysteriously died but the other two were fairly decent. I could’ve/should’ve left em a bit longer (well ok not the dead one :D) . They strongly resemble the mother plant I produced the seeds from- dense hard buds with a sweet melon/jasmine smell.

Whew ok that’s a little housekeeping. I may chop another plant or two tomorrow if I get time. Then hopefully I’ll have a few hours downtime when I’m away, to spend a little more here.
:passitleft:

Good to hear from ya!

If you made it this far without screwing up a finger, yer doin' ok. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb: I got a bent one now and a couple with big ol' knobs on 'em. Life takes a toll, doncha know.

Great to see you back safe and sorta sound. Pls send me a cpl shots of your place down there

Your plants. Wow. Impressive indeed

Not only the plants but how long they survived alone

So my q pls

Was it completely automated and how many days was it on autopilot? Pls

What a life experience. So cool

Makes me want one too

screwing up a finger,
I’m always massacring myself in accidents! it’s a bit frustrating that I’m gonna have so much downtime and expense from a little nick but.... wtf -shit happens so here we are. Should have been wearing gloves.
ginger drink?

Some concoction my gf had been drinking. Gluten free wheat free low sugar low fat apple cider or something? I cleaned my place right up before I went sailing and couldn’t find a beer can anywhere to use as the internationally approved beercan measuring unit. Might have to buy more of that wretched watery Sneaky Weasel beer just to have a measuring can around.

Was it completely automated and how many days was it on autopilot?
Yes -just the watering pumps kicking on for one minute of water per plant per day. Venting run on a thermostat, movement fans, and lights on a timer, I was away for five weeks or so, am away again now, and basically haven’t done any maintenance in there since May 20-ish.

Really pretty amazing to be able skip all that work hey? And the mix was cheap to make too.
The plants really could have benefited from some training and cleanup and arranging under the lights. I was conservative and placed them low. Some stayed too low and one grew tall enough to fry the top.

And like I said the LOS wasn’t ready yet and there was quite a lot of deficiency type leaf damage, so i think the next LOS round will be better. Huge shout again out to @The Celt for the mix recipe and all the help with it!

I hacked a Durple Pream the day before I left for surgery. In pre-op now. Not a big operation but looks like this hand will be somewhat out of commission for months. Shit! :eek: But no point stressing about it- could always be worse.

Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you guys are all well

Here’s that Durple Pream.

I’m always massacring myself in accidents! it’s a bit frustrating that I’m gonna have so much downtime and expense from a little nick but.... wtf -shit happens so here we are. Should have been wearing gloves.

Some concoction my gf had been drinking. Gluten free wheat free low sugar low fat apple cider or something? I cleaned my place right up before I went sailing and couldn’t find a beer can anywhere to use as the internationally approved beercan measuring unit. Might have to buy more of that wretched watery Sneaky Weasel beer just to have a measuring can around.

Yes -just the watering pumps kicking on for one minute of water per plant per day. Venting run on a thermostat, movement fans, and lights on a timer, I was away for five weeks or so, am away again now, and basically haven’t done any maintenance in there since May 20-ish.

Really pretty amazing to be able skip all that work hey? And the mix was cheap to make too.
The plants really could have benefited from some training and cleanup and arranging under the lights. I was conservative and placed them low. Some stayed too low and one grew tall enough to fry the top.

And like I said the LOS wasn’t ready yet and there was quite a lot of deficiency type leaf damage, so i think the next LOS round will be better. Huge shout again out to @The Celt for the mix recipe and all the help with it!

I hacked a Durple Pream the day before I left for surgery. In pre-op now. Not a big operation but looks like this hand will be somewhat out of commission for months. Shit! :eek: But no point stressing about it- could always be worse.

Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you guys are all well

Here’s that Durple Pream.

Good luck with the operation :green_heart: Let us know when you're out and home!

Back
Top Bottom