Website Upgrade: New Features

My only computer is a laptop from 2006 that hasn't been used since '12. The only other computer I have is my work computer and I get a "system monitoring" warning each time I log on so let's just say I won't be using that.

I'd still like a feature to sort your notifications by unread, that way you make sure you get to them all. So many threads are missed because people miss a notification and don't get a second reminder. An option to sort the list by unread notifications would be awesome at fixing this problem.

My only computer is a laptop from 2006 that hasn't been used since '12. The only other computer I have is my work computer and I get a "system monitoring" warning each time I log on so let's just say I won't be using that.

I'd still like a feature to sort your notifications by unread, that way you make sure you get to them all. So many threads are missed because people miss a notification and don't get a second reminder. An option to sort the list by unread notifications would be awesome at fixing this problem.
If you go to “new posts” you can filter and show only unread posts.

89A9021B-252F-4987-9AB8-B2591A1AF488.jpeg

:passitleft:

If you go to “new posts” you can filter and show only unread posts.

89A9021B-252F-4987-9AB8-B2591A1AF488.jpeg

:passitleft:
Thank you, that definitely helps. An option on the task bar "bell" icon drop down would be nice though. Haha It's nice to know there is a way to search it. I know a lot of people will show back up in a journal after going MIA for a few weeks because they miss a notification and don't see the thread again until they run across it in the recent thread list.

I can't do phones because all the buttons are too small. I can't just push 1 button at a time for the life of me. Always 2 - 3 buttons at once. I need full size keyboard buttons like on a computer to be able to do things without messing up 100 times each time I get on. When someone text me I call them back or just ignore it since they didn't call. I mean, if they want to send me a letter put it in an envelope & mail it. You want to talk, call me. That simple. Believe me, I know I'm way behind in the times. I figure I have about 15 years or so of life left. Too late to worry about change.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to look at this stuff on a phone. Screen is way too small. I use a 45" Screen on my computer. Sure makes viewing a breeze.
I think a lot of us who choose computer over phone because it's very hard to navigate a phone (Royal PITA).
Then there's people like me who have given up on trying to learn how to use those damned phones. I hate them in case you haven't noticed. I've thrown a few across the room & smashed them they get me so irritated. A phone is for making calls & nothing else in my book. Be a lot less accidents if they'd of left them that way.
Anyhow, my point is I think it was done backwards & the phone should have been made to replicate the computer screen. Hell, I haven't even gotten how to use a computer down to a science after all these years. Once you get older changes mean more difficult.
I do understand your point though as the Pepsi Generation has arrived & there's more of them then us old _____'s left on here so you go with what they know. Times are changing. God forbid if these sites ever become Phone Only !
I agree 420%, desktop is my choice a majority of the time. However, there is a whole sea of people who learned how to navigate the internet on their phones, so it's normal to them, and in many cases, all they have.

I agree 420%, desktop is my choice a majority of the time. However, there is a whole sea of people who learned how to navigate the internet on their phones, so it's normal to them, and in many cases, all they have.
Kind of what I've been saying. The Pepsi Generation (people who were born after computers came out) = Kids in my book; have taken over & their parents ways are becoming obsolete. Thing is, most these kids can't add 2 numbers without using the calculator on their phone. But they can push buttons. 9 out of 10 times New & Improved means made with cheaper products, more steps to do the same thing & the PITA of learning something all over again that you already knew before they had to go & change things. It's just part of life. I don't have to like it; but I have no choice but to accept it. Bring back the Typewriters & Rotary Dial Phones. (For you youngsters out there .... it's what we used before cell phones & computers. Google it.) LOL.

I figure I have about 15 years or so of life left.
then you will be fortunate to get it, like i will,,

but

fifteen years is a long time friend,,

and,,
'
what if it's twenty?

a real long time now

Hi folks. At the risk of sounding like a bit of a, ah donkey I’ve been having a glitch I’d like to fix.
The chain link tool isn’t working for me. F’rinstance if I try to link to Bugs’ post above that I really liked the link drops on a dead end.
It’s been a few months since it worked, since the last big reset, I think. Just been sort of waiting to see if it would come right.
I’m on safari on a cell phone.
:thanks:

Hi folks. At the risk of sounding like a bit of a, ah donkey I’ve been having a glitch I’d like to fix.
The chain link tool isn’t working for me. F’rinstance if I try to link to Bugs’ post above that I really liked the link drops on a dead end.
It’s been a few months since it worked, since the last big reset, I think. Just been sort of waiting to see if it would come right.
I’m on safari on a cell phone.
:thanks:
@Marc Ocean can you please investigate :thanks:

F’rinstance if I try to link to Bugs’ post above that I really liked the link drops on a dead end.
It looks like you're trying to do this from mobile.

It doesn't just copy the link to your clipboard. It adds in some extra text ("Post in thread 'Name of Thread'), so you need to edit that out before pressing the Post Reply button.

It looks like you're trying to do this from mobile.

It doesn't just copy the link to your clipboard. It adds in some extra text ("Post in thread 'Name of Thread'), so you need to edit that out before pressing the Post Reply button.
Thank you.
Let me see. Hmm. When I paste the clipboard the only text I see is the stuff you want me to delete.
It’s always worked fine in the past without any jiggery-pokery.
It no longer works for me linking off-site, either.
This is (hopefully) a link to this page.
Let’s see if that worked?

Top one doesn't work but the other two do. Top one reads:
URL='https://post in thread %27DD Stable Of Impermanence%27']A post on another thread[/URL
For the top link that didn't work, this is what you need to make sure you remove as I pointed out:

For the top link that didn't work, this is what you need to make sure you remove as I pointed out:
Is this acting as it should or is this a bug to report to the developer?

Back
Top Bottom