Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

And then they shit in your buds!

20180930_153741.jpg

That's a flashlight here, not an actual torch :).
o_O What does ‘torch’ mean to you then? :hmmmm:
I wouldn't worry too much about those bites - those are usually due to a fly-by from wasps or grasshoppers. They usually don't stick around. Caterpillars will chomp on the leaves from the edges and work their way inward, so those are not caterpillar bites that you see. Here's what caterpillar damage looks like:
:D :thumb: Thanks for that - I only thought caterpillar becasue of the wiggly shape of the eaten parts. I didn’t know they only eat from the edges like that.

I’d still take to ‘em with a flashlight if it were me, so I could sleep :cheesygrinsmiley:

o_O What does ‘torch’ mean to you then? :hmmmm:

:D:thumb: Thanks for that - I only thought caterpillar becasue of the wiggly shape of the eaten parts. I didn’t know they only eat from the edges like that.

I’d still take to ‘em with a flashlight if it were me, so I could sleep :cheesygrinsmiley:
25-255287_torch-png-free-download-fire-stick-png-for.jpg
shopping.jpeg

LoL

My caterpillars start in the middle and my grasshoppers start at the edge. But that's in my backyard. YCMV :).

And thanks P, just what I was looking for!
#quickdraw

:oops::eek: Okay! Yeah - don’t torch them! :laughtwo:

same here...
Bahaha! I got a serious chuckle about this because I'm a plumber! LoL, I use a butane torch 3-4 times a week for soldering.

If my apprentice brought me a flashlight, I would immediately know he wasn't from the states. LoL

Damn Merican's!
:rofl:

That's a flashlight here, not an actual torch :).
Yeah good thing you backed me off that ledge lol! You can’t say torch to Americans, we’re gonna grab the biggest flamethrower in the garage lol.
Your garden looks great, AW! Love that GC and your outdoor babies are looking fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about those bites - those are usually due to a fly-by from wasps or grasshoppers. They usually don't stick around. Caterpillars will chomp on the leaves from the edges and work their way inward, so those are not caterpillar bites that you see. Here's what caterpillar damage looks like:
Okay thanks Beez, I have seen the caterpillars we all dread in one previous grow outdoors. I remember, as Amy said, they blend in really well. Like the same color as the stems so hard to find at times.
The damage looks more like tears, or rips. I don’t hear or see many grasshoppers in my backyard, it they are present at times. Other than that, there’s a bunch of birds that swoop down from the top of my fence rails and appear to be dive bombing for worms and stuff. What are the odds they saw something crawling on the plant and went in for a kill? Lol.

Anyway, I hit the girls with LeafWash again today and they are really starting to like their new home. Leaf wash has neem in it, but caterpillars aren’t affected by that to my knowledge. If I see any more damage like this, I’ll grab the BT spray.
And then they shit in your buds!

20180930_153741.jpg
Monsters. Absolute monsters :sorry:
Gotta treat those bastards like Kenny!
Yessir! That reminds me, you had rats at one point yeah? Does this look remotely like the work of said varmint?
Mmhmm! Prime examples thanks P9!:high-five:

Now if you said grab a moonbeam and check em’ out, I would have known what ya meant AG lol

Hey Archi, hope “working itself out” means you’re getting a break from the stressors :ganjamon: Ooh those outdoor babies look good and I love the rasied bed setup. I looks tops all ready for whatever roof you decide to put on it (if you do need to)! Those bites look to be a little caterpillarish to me, too. I assume you’ve looked really well? Sometimes they can blend in - they can exactly the same colour and tone of the plant... maybe look again. Sometimes using a torch can help as something out of place can throw a shadow if light hits it right.

Hit? It’s Kush... I’m in evening mode :passitleft:

Thanks for the compliments AG! Good eye on the posts that I left proud of the raised bed. I left the, proud in the event I need to put a sun shade up, protect them from rain,etc.

Additionally, I plan to build a removable frame that will allow me to cover the plants for light deprivation style growing. Next year, I would like to attempt two harvest during my outdoor season. The frame will also allow me to utilize a couple light bulbs so that I can run gas lantern routine lighting for the early part of the season.

I will have to keep plants low to some extent to make this possible.

I don't think it was rats, I think it was the dog. He f'd it up pretty good. It's lookin good now I topped it a week ago, shes cruisin along. That looks like nute splash maybe sittin in the sun burnt it through, and that one leaf looks like you cut it with your nail.

Hash?

Thanks for the compliments AG! Good eye on the posts that I left proud of the raised bed. I left the, proud in the event I need to put a sun shade up, protect them from rain,etc.

Additionally, I plan to build a removable frame that will allow me to cover the plants for light deprivation style growing. Next year, I would like to attempt two harvest during my outdoor season. The frame will also allow me to utilize a couple light bulbs so that I can run gas lantern routine lighting for the early part of the season.

I will have to keep plants low to some extent to make this possible.
Why not just do autos in the winter and photos in the spring?

:passitleft:

the posts that I left proud of the raised bed. I left the, proud in the event I need to put a sun shade up, protect them from rain,etc.
Actually when i saw them I remembered that you’d said that ;)
:thumb: :popcorn:

I don't think it was rats, I think it was the dog. He f'd it up pretty good. It's lookin good now I topped it a week ago, shes cruisin along. That looks like nute splash maybe sittin in the sun burnt it through, and that one leaf looks like you cut it with your nail.

Hash?
My dogs like nibbling seedlings too! A couple of young plants I found with their roots dried out on their pots, and dogs with soil on their chins feigning innocence.
One lesson I won’t have to learn again anyway. :laugh:

Nice planning AW!
Thanks Shed :thumb:

Hash?
Okay, it might be my Lab that nibbled on it.
Why not just do autos in the winter and photos in the spring?

:passitleft:
Hey Doob! Im still playing around with what I grow and when (and where lol). I think autos in the winter make lots of sense in my tent in the garage, maybe not outside permanently.
Spring time would be great for photos, just need a little light to keep them from flowering.

Actually when i saw them I remembered that you’d said that ;)

:thumb::popcorn:
:thumb:
Light Deprivation Growing, sounds cool.
Haha right?!
My dogs like nibbling seedlings too! A couple of young plants I found with their roots dried out on their pots, and dogs with soil on their chins feigning innocence.
One lesson I won’t have to learn again anyway. :laugh:
Yeah I’m thinking my Lab did it lol, she’s the most suspect for sure.

Saturday Update
This’ll be short and sweet. Things are progressing as expected and I’m getting excited to harvest Green Doctor. I pulled a few tester buds that I placed into a brown paper bag and closed up. I leave it right in my tent normally and it dries well enough to sample in about four days. I do a dry trim on them once they are ready to test.
3145BA65-3D68-45A8-BFBD-E27438AF8FA6.jpeg

She’s not sad, she was just thirsty when lights came on. She has started drinking less often, just like me ;):blunt:

Here are the Durbs:

4015F650-559C-4FC5-A7D6-A4E80C90FDF5.jpeg

DFA22FBF-9AD9-412A-90C7-13FFD209F263.jpeg

FCE7E1BF-A411-46CF-8DD2-303AEC0091A4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom