Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

Monday Update
Well, it’s been a few days since I’ve had the energy to post anything or take photos but I’m feeling better with the aid of....

3443A2FC-32BF-46FC-A6B2-2A8D4DBDEA17.jpeg

Green Doctor was harvested and I only got about a zip of bud. I’m not at all shocked there, but the quality of the smoke is truly stunning. This is a 2:1 CBD:THC strain and I got frigging ripped off it. I don’t know if that’s because of the change in strain or what but it seems like the same potency as anything else I currently have in the stable. :lot-o-toke:

Meanwhile, I dropped some new seeds recently. I’ve got a Seedsman Cheese going into hempy and a couple Mexican Airlines (one in hempy one In DBHBB).
I’ve also got another Green Doctor (GD2) that I am slowly quadlining. I also regrettably failed to photo much of any of that lol. This is a shot of the MA in hempy. I failed to hit it with water yesterday morning and it fell over a couple hours later :eek: She’s back up on her own now though. Getting the roots to hit the reservoir is the part I’m most nervous about with hempy.

In the flower tent Durban will be three weeks into flower tomorrow and so tonight, after lights on, I will prune the lower stuff that isn’t receiving light and they’ll be ready for some Destress.
I also have verified that the calyxes are indeed purple.

Finally the outdoor plants are hitting their stride. They have been topped and I have supercropped the leaders to keep things fairly even and bushy. They have also had exactly one round of Transplant-H20-Growth Ionic so of course the cycle repeats.
I have some leafhoppers that are sort of annoying but not a huge problem, I’m led to believe. I have hit them with the occasional Leaf Wash and I have gotten a little lax with the weaponized foliar feedings of Destress and Brix.

Nevertheless, they look really healthy and the stems are going to be really bulky :thumb:

Hey Archie just wondering if I can pull up a chair , you have a pretty sweet indoor and outdoor set up , can’t wait to see how the outdoor gals turn out :morenutes:
High there DeanWest89! :welcome: Welcome and yes please join in.
If you’d like, I always start my update posts with the word ‘update’ in it so that it’s easy to filter all the posts that aren’t updates with the search function.
Otherwise, just jump right in! I’m running two sativas in an outdoor raised bed that measures 2x4x18”. I live in SoCal but my location is not coastal. Because of this I get very hot days and cool nights.
My indoor operation is really still outdoors as it is in my non-insulated garage. I’m a huge advocate of environmental controls in my grow tent and I try to keep VPD tunes in as often as possible.
Cheers man, any questions don’t hesitate!

I see what you mean about stretch. Still they should fill in whole lot if you are only 3 weeks in. These are cuts from your previous harvest no? I love the definite sativa shape of the leaves. Super cool. Garden is looking killer man. I'm Starting to get a little bleak here as it's been two cold fronts back to back and I'm a sun baby. I'll just watch your sun from next to my fire thanks very much. :)

High there DeanWest89! :welcome: Welcome and yes please join in.
If you’d like, I always start my update posts with the word ‘update’ in it so that it’s easy to filter all the posts that aren’t updates with the search function.
Otherwise, just jump right in! I’m running two sativas in an outdoor raised bed that measures 2x4x18”. I live in SoCal but my location is not coastal. Because of this I get very hot days and cool nights.
My indoor operation is really still outdoors as it is in my non-insulated garage. I’m a huge advocate of environmental controls in my grow tent and I try to keep VPD tunes in as often as possible.
Cheers man, any questions don’t hesitate!
Thanks man I guess great minds think alike I do the same thing I make mine a certain colour so it’s easy to spot out , not the same colour though , I can tell and agree that an impeccable environment will do all the leg work when growing . I’ve had shitty enviorments rittked with problems before ,

You have a VERY nice set up inside and out I can’t wait to see wht this journal has in store.

One thing I do like is an informative journals, the more info the better , thanks for taking the time to say hi , have a good day brotherman

Congrats on the GD harvest, and they always say quality is better than quantity! Not much of a rootball on that. Was that the premature flip? Probably could have doubled that haul if it had gone full pot. Amazing that 2:1 had that effect!

Outside's looking stellar and it's nice to see that purple show up on the DP. But of course...how could it not :).

Carry on, and I'm glad you're on the upswing. It's nice to have you back.

Looking great both inside and out! I especially love the deep green leaves on those outdoor girls. :welldone:

I see what you mean about stretch. Still they should fill in whole lot if you are only 3 weeks in. These are cuts from your previous harvest no? I love the definite sativa shape of the leaves. Super cool. Garden is looking killer man. I'm Starting to get a little bleak here as it's been two cold fronts back to back and I'm a sun baby. I'll just watch your sun from next to my fire thanks very much. :)
Hey Lerugged! Yes the two Durban’s are the original cuts that were taken from the first Durban that won me NOTM. I have since made several cuts from Durban 1.1.

Thanks for the kind words, the weather has just been so incredibly nice so far. The plants are almost to the point they are shading the entire 2x4 bed now. :thumb:
Thanks man I guess great minds think alike I do the same thing I make mine a certain colour so it’s easy to spot out , not the same colour though , I can tell and agree that an impeccable environment will do all the leg work when growing . I’ve had shitty enviorments rittked with problems before ,

You have a VERY nice set up inside and out I can’t wait to see wht this journal has in store.

One thing I do like is an informative journals, the more info the better , thanks for taking the time to say hi , have a good day brotherman
I could be better about being more informative on my journal probably. I’ll offer up more details when I think about it. I keep a fairly detailed calendar that I keep hanging on front of my tent. I mark what plants got what and if I sprayed any foliars or not. Basically anything that happens to the plants gets documented on the calendar.

I forget sometimes that there may be newer folks that would appreciate details. Thanks for the reminder brother :thumb:
Congrats on the GD harvest, and they always say quality is better than quantity! Not much of a rootball on that. Was that the premature flip? Probably could have doubled that haul if it had gone full pot. Amazing that 2:1 had that effect!

Outside's looking stellar and it's nice to see that purple show up on the DP. But of course...how could it not :).

Carry on, and I'm glad you're on the upswing. It's nice to have you back.
Hey Shed! Yes this was the premature flip and I’m sad for sure that she didn’t get a good shot at really building roots. Yes the 2:1 has tapered off some in the potency department. I think it must’ve been just the change in strains.
That’s not to say it isn’t still a nice strain, it’s been very nice to have on hand lately and I want to give it another go. I currently have the quadlined GD2 that is finally starting to wake up some and start growing.

Your right, I don’t know what my concern about the purple buds was. They have received both of the Snake Oil foliars and so far have yet to exhibit the same mid-bloom fade that the mom did.

As I said earlier, outdoors has just been very enjoyable so far. When should I expect stretch to start? I know you have said some of your plants seem to show sooner than others right?

Everything on track, looking very healthy!
Thanks Penny! I’m happy with things right now! I did lose one of the autoflowers, Mexican Airlines, that was in hempy. She just fell over as I tried to tease the roots to the reservoir.

Wow, I don't know how I missed that update. Great lookin shop you got there too. Nice table saw and jig! Plants are looking stellar too, hope your feeling better.
Thanks Age! I was just telling someone that my tablesaw would be my last power tool standing in my shop. I do mostly all hand work but the tablesaw really makes ripping lumber easier than handsaws. I really would like a decent bandsaw, that’s one tool that I could see replacing my tablesaw.
Thanks for the compliments bro!
Looking great both inside and out! I especially love the deep green leaves on those outdoor girls. :welldone:
Thanks Beez! Based on their size currently, I’m glad I didn’t get them in the raised bed much sooner. They are taking off! Cheers Beez!

seems like the same potency as anything else I currently have in the stable. :lot-o-toke:
Amazing that 2:1 had that effect!

:thumb: i know you said it’s eased back a bit but I was thinking that it likely has to do with the uplifting nature of the CBD that CD-1 brings to the party as well. Its a bit euphoric ( for me anyway) - so along with all that sativa ...woohoo! Be interesting to see how it is at large doses and small ones :nerd-with-glasses:

I’ve had some outdoor plants in the ground more than triple in size during January, which is the equivalent of your July I think so I’d be letting them get vertical maybe. Not sure f0r your exact altitude but I get flowering start anywhere from mid jan to early feb, so yer close! They look really great! :yummy:

As I said earlier, outdoors has just been very enjoyable so far. When should I expect stretch to start?
I've found that for my outdoor plants, stretch doesn't really have a starting point. My plants seem to grow steadily through veg and into flower at the same rate. "Growth/stretch" seems to stop after about 3 weeks into flower.
Not sure f0r your exact altitude but I get flowering start anywhere from mid jan to early feb, so yer close!
I agree with Amy - I think you are close to flowering. Both of my photo period plants are now in flower. White Widow had first pistil sighting on 6/24 (preflower) and Northern Lights had first pistil sighting on 7/4. My plants have been outside a little longer than yours, I believe. They went outdoors full time on 4/24. Also, I'm about 250 miles north of you, so that might make a difference.

Monday Update
Well, it’s been a few days since I’ve had the energy to post anything or take photos but I’m feeling better with the aid of....

3443A2FC-32BF-46FC-A6B2-2A8D4DBDEA17.jpeg

Green Doctor was harvested and I only got about a zip of bud. I’m not at all shocked there, but the quality of the smoke is truly stunning. This is a 2:1 CBD:THC strain and I got frigging ripped off it. I don’t know if that’s because of the change in strain or what but it seems like the same potency as anything else I currently have in the stable. :lot-o-toke:

Meanwhile, I dropped some new seeds recently. I’ve got a Seedsman Cheese going into hempy and a couple Mexican Airlines (one in hempy one In DBHBB).
I’ve also got another Green Doctor (GD2) that I am slowly quadlining. I also regrettably failed to photo much of any of that lol. This is a shot of the MA in hempy. I failed to hit it with water yesterday morning and it fell over a couple hours later :eek: She’s back up on her own now though. Getting the roots to hit the reservoir is the part I’m most nervous about with hempy.

In the flower tent Durban will be three weeks into flower tomorrow and so tonight, after lights on, I will prune the lower stuff that isn’t receiving light and they’ll be ready for some Destress.
I also have verified that the calyxes are indeed purple.

Finally the outdoor plants are hitting their stride. They have been topped and I have supercropped the leaders to keep things fairly even and bushy. They have also had exactly one round of Transplant-H20-Growth Ionic so of course the cycle repeats.
I have some leafhoppers that are sort of annoying but not a huge problem, I’m led to believe. I have hit them with the occasional Leaf Wash and I have gotten a little lax with the weaponized foliar feedings of Destress and Brix.

Nevertheless, they look really healthy and the stems are going to be really bulky :thumb:

Love the box that carnival is in . Great stuff bud .

Last I checked you're a bit more than 250 miles north of Australia :)
LOL. For a second there I thought I posted in the wrong thread. Had to go back and make sure this was AW's thread.:D

I have an old band saw in my storage unit. Friend of mine was gonna scrap it, so i told him id take it. All yurs if u want it, I’ll even deliver it. It works just needs some maintenance.

:thumb: i know you said it’s eased back a bit but I was thinking that it likely has to do with the uplifting nature of the CBD that CD-1 brings to the party as well. Its a bit euphoric ( for me anyway) - so along with all that sativa ...woohoo! Be interesting to see how it is at large doses and small ones :nerd-with-glasses:

I’ve had some outdoor plants in the ground more than triple in size during January, which is the equivalent of your July I think so I’d be letting them get vertical maybe. Not sure f0r your exact altitude but I get flowering start anywhere from mid jan to early feb, so yer close! They look really great! :yummy:

I've found that for my outdoor plants, stretch doesn't really have a starting point. My plants seem to grow steadily through veg and into flower at the same rate. "Growth/stretch" seems to stop after about 3 weeks into flower.

I agree with Amy - I think you are close to flowering. Both of my photo period plants are now in flower. White Widow had first pistil sighting on 6/24 (preflower) and Northern Lights had first pistil sighting on 7/4. My plants have been outside a little longer than yours, I believe. They went outdoors full time on 4/24. Also, I'm about 250 miles north of you, so that might make a difference.
Thank you Ag and Beez so much for your experiences. I believe I must have entered flower because these plants are just taking off. I’m so lazy and used to “flipping” plants that I didn’t really check for preflowers. I hope to do a nice photo shoot of these ladies later on and I’ll look closely at their preflower areas.
This outdoor thing really is interesting man I’m loving it. I can’t wait for next year cause I will certainly have a seedling up around 4/20/2020 :headbanger:
Love the box that carnival is in . Great stuff bud .
Thanks Joe! They’ve kinda melded together as one plant at this point. :passitleft:
Last I checked you're a bit more than 250 miles north of Australia :).
LOL. For a second there I thought I posted in the wrong thread. Had to go back and make sure this was AW's thread.:D
:rofl:
I have an old band saw in my storage unit. Friend of mine was gonna scrap it, so i told him id take it. All yurs if u want it, I’ll even deliver it. It works just needs some maintenance.
Seriously? That’s incredibly generous brother, thank you. I would insist on some form of payment though man. Even if it’s just a great meal and a couple brews and doobs. :thumb:
Maybe we can make some hash too eh? Have to see man. I’ll shoot you a pm.
This community is so fantastic man :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom