What am I growing? And why are my buds in such bad shape? Help!

I must admit it had a very dodgy childhood in veg i was all over the place,

Spitz should i give it 13 off and 11 on and if i do that how long should i do it for this re-veg thing sounds like we are very close as i know how much i messed around with the lighting in fact the plant just stopped growing for about 2-3 weeks just stunned when it was real young plus the light spectrum was all wrong it didnt shape up till i put it under a 6500k 125w cfl on a strict 18/6 did it start to improve but up till then it was on for 24 hrs then off for a day then on for 6 hrs then on for 4 days you get the idea ,

Would this bad upbringing make it flower in a different and longer way?

Ive got the temps down to 30-31c at the very top of the canopy and 27-29 c 4"inches below and the room has great circulation at first i was almost sure it was the heat but im leaning towards a longer flowering time due to the strain and this re-vegging buisness,

anyway keep the ideas rolling people

thanks again for everybodys input new old beginner or master

I agree with the unstable light schedule theory. I had it happen once in the early days when I kept breaking the rules - working in the flowering room during lights off. Also I was relying on a mechanical timer at a time of frequent power outages. The lighting schedule was a mess. Results were the same as shown. I got the schedule on track and tried to reveg them on 18/6 but after 6-8 weeks of no progress I tossed them out because my new plants coming up had already outgrown the problem ones. Maybe (?) keeping them in flower on a steady 12/12 or 11/13 will straighten them out and eventually yield you some bud. Might be worth trying for a few weeks anyway.

Oh and some of my leaves are hooking over like claws i researched it and think maybe it is down to to much nitrogen? what do you think?

i will defo put some new pics in tonight and maybe you can help me decide weather to toss them or keep them plus i have 3 cuttings in veg on week 3 and they are looking nice so far it will be interesting to see how they turn out under more disciplined conditions,

I really hope this one in flower makes it would be gutted to just chuck it but if its a waste of time its a waste of time i suppose

thanks again for all input

Oh and some of my leaves are hooking over like claws i researched it and think maybe it is down to to much nitrogen? what do you think?

Yep. Too much 'N' for the bloom phase of the grow. I've read lots of 'N' can also retard flowering.

Ive just noticed something else the buds around the outside of the scrog seem to be doing a little better than the ones directly under the light i wonder if the light is to close and there is a little light stress thrown in the mix as well once i put the new photos up if you could all tell me what you think and i will do whatever is neccessary

Ive just noticed something else the buds around the outside of the scrog seem to be doing a little better than the ones directly under the light i wonder if the light is to close and there is a little light stress thrown in the mix as well once i put the new photos up if you could all tell me what you think and i will do whatever is neccessary

How close is the canopy to the light? I go with about 18" and no problems as long as you have good air circulation and temp's are about 80F, or less. It sounds like you are at about 87F and that is way too hot, IMO. You need to pull it down about 10F or 5C.

Ive just measured it and it was 12" from the highest point of the plant so i have just moved it to 20" the temp is currently 32.2c but it creeps up as the day goes on as im using like a 13 ply super insulation on the walls , throughout the day it stays at about 30c but ive had different responses about my temps from,yep thats fine to thats what i use with no problem, and comment like yourself saying its way to hot,

when i can afford it im going to add another 5" intake fan so i will have 2 running one in front of the other, im going to change my filter from a 150mm X 300mm to a 150mm X 600mm and get a fan controller if one comes my way cheap,

im due a tax rebate and when i get that i think im defiantly going to go LED then all of these problems go away got my eye on a K750 K5 series from kind led i just think it would be a lot less hassle

Here are the new photos as promised the last ones were five days ago so you can all help me decide weather or not they are any better, and as stupid as this this sounds i look at them so much the improvement seems very minimum so someones elses eyes are much better,

Again thanks for all the help

20160908_195730.jpg
20160908_195720.jpg
20160908_195657.jpg
20160908_195649.jpg
20160908_195636.jpg
20160908_195631.jpg
20160908_195617.jpg
20160908_195558.jpg
20160908_195525.jpg
20160908_195542.jpg

:thumb:
They'll do right by you.

do they look alot better to you then major, thanks for the thumbs up should i just be patient and leave them and are we going for the long flowering time due to the bad upbringing?

do they look alot better to you then major, thanks for the thumbs up should i just be patient and leave them and are we going for the long flowering time due to the bad upbringing?

I don't think the flowering time will increase - at least not by much. The yield may suffer a little, but I don't have much experience in flowering a plant still in re-veg. I'm on my first ones right now. I culled two plants that had been under 18/6. My wife pulled them out of the compost pile and planted them in our veggie garden back in May (I believe). The shorter days made them bloom, but then, as the days got longer, they went back to re-veg. They are now flowering but are not as far along as the plant that didn't go through the re-vegging. Mine have only just started putting out 5-bladed leaves finally. I'd guess the "culls" are about one week behind the other plant, but they are in a different spot with different light and soil.

Do they look better? YES - they are bigger, the pistils don't look as twisty, and they are fuller. Time will tell how they finish for both of us. With the heat off them and with lower 'N', yours should really look good in a week or two.

Hi people i need some help i thought i would put it on the same thread as its the same plant,

anyway the plant has been doing well i think, apart from 2 weeks ago my ph meter broke and i guessed the ph and within 24hrs 60% of the leaves turned brown and dried out it freaked me out anyway i managed to salvage that situation,

if you look at previous my problem was the buds were not looking great for the amount of time,well its week 13 in flower now the bud have been crystallizing over the last 14 days and it smells great the problem ive got is when do i harvest it i was going to start flushing on Sunday for 2 weeks using GH Ripen so anybody, should i do that? or should i leave it for longer? or should i do it now? it is my first grow and i have learned so much, this was a bag seed but apart from the fact its taken i ages its been great fun,

I will upload some photos now and if anyone could give me any input on when i should be harvesting these i would be very gratefull

Thank you in advance

20161004_212206.jpg
20161004_212129.jpg
20161004_212110.jpg
20161004_212054.jpg
20161004_212044.jpg
20161004_212018.jpg
20161004_211705.jpg

Yeah I would definitely start winding down at this point. I don't usually flush- just keep the plant on very low level bloom nutrients for the last week or two. Sometimes water-only depending on how much nutrient reserve I figure is left in the plant. Flushing I do more in emergency/problem situations.
Check out this post What are Trichomes? Trichome 101 and take a look at your trichomes to see what stage the buds are at.

I think 2 weeks from sunday i will do i final nutrient change but without the nutrients, and wind her down, yea i suppose im quietly chuffed with my first grow, well it could of been worse i just hope it works im sure it wil thanks for the input

Re: What im i growing, Wht are my buds so poor? please please help!

OH and sorry about writing so much but im dreading my nute change on Sunday has anyone got a simple way of changing a nute bucket without pulling your whole plant from the scrog net plus i cannot get the rot mass out of the hole in the lid so if there is a easy way of doing this i would love to know
Fozzy

Transfer pump. One of the best $5 i have ever spent.
420-magazine-mobile57022575.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom