What did I do to kill these plants?

canadalarry

Can't figure it out? growing 2 plants in a 2x4 with qb 260w. soil, these girls were doing real nice adding ff soil feeding schedule at 1/3 recommended amounts...very light on fert. and they have been doing well. Only thing I can think of is I ran out of tiger bloom and started using a new bottle, contents looked different, lighter, milkier maybe, but that's the only change I can think of, other than it has been a bit hotter. Anybody know what could do this so quick, late in flower? one plant died a week ago but this one looked ok, this week dead too.

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_213158768.jpg
    IMG_20190722_213158768.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20190722_213207840.jpg
    IMG_20190722_213207840.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20190722_213239594.jpg
    IMG_20190722_213239594.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20190722_213243265.jpg
    IMG_20190722_213243265.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20190722_213736257.jpg
    IMG_20190722_213736257.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 148
pull the one that just died out of the pot and look at the roots …. they will tell part of the story .... if your lights / heat killed your plants the roots would more than likely look healthy ...if it was from an additive your roots will look just as toasty as the top side .

edited ….also stupid question and one of a paranoid fashion ...is there anyone that has access to your grow or your fertalizers that does not think/want you to be growing ?

Imho the first two look like extreme light burn i have cooked plants up to 4 nodes in veg with my qb on the lowest setting
Thanx, kinda thought that too, but the leaves are still reaching up, like I said I was always really light on feeding. First grow with this light, I guess the secret is keep them turned down and very distant? plants seemed to love it till all of a sudden.

Sorry to see you lost your hard work.
Sure looks like light burn. Just for fun...
What is your average lights on temp?
Did your temp spike lately?
Did you do any foliage feeding or spraying of any kind?

I'm running a very similar tent. 2x4 with a qb 260 xl.
How far away from the lights are your plants?

26-30 inches in veg. about 18-20 in flower, and that may have been too close. first time with this light, how far was it recommended for you? I just ordered a monitor receptacle so I can control where driver is turned to.

Those are the right distances. Mine got much closer in flower, I ran out of room. Closest was 12" and my temps regularly got up to 91f (32c). I did get a nasty bit of calcium deficiency from changing nutrients but that was about it. Plants continued on and I ended up getting a decent harvest.
It's hard to see from the pics what's going on. If you were feeding very lightly under qbs, this may be the problem. Qbs usually push the plants hard and you were giving only 1/3 of the recommended dose. When I was running Fox Farms in flower I was just under their suggested amount. I fed them 1/3 doses when they were in early veg.
I wish I could see the leaves a bit closer and clearer.

Those are the right distances. Mine got much closer in flower, I ran out of room. Closest was 12" and my temps regularly got up to 91f (32c). I did get a nasty bit of calcium deficiency from changing nutrients but that was about it. Plants continued on and I ended up getting a decent harvest.
It's hard to see from the pics what's going on. If you were feeding very lightly under qbs, this may be the problem. Qbs usually push the plants hard and you were giving only 1/3 of the recommended dose. When I was running Fox Farms in flower I was just under their suggested amount. I fed them 1/3 doses when they were in early veg.
I wish I could see the leaves a bit closer and clearer.
I should have been fine for lights and heat then. thing was it happened very quick. The one that died a week ago showed signs and was taller so moved the light up struggled for a couple of days then dead in a day with crispy leaf ends just like fig 4 of plant abuse chart, but not just the tops. second plant looked good, one leaf maybe starting. Gave straight water, a few days later fed 2.5 ml of tiger bloom and 2g of cha chinga in 3 l of water. next day more leaves changing, 24hrs later plant dead even flowers changed, even lower leaves, see inner plant. How high do you have your driver turned up? My qb is the one with a couple of lines of red. I'm grateful for any help preventing this again.

Attachments

• first_to_die.jpg
    first_to_die.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20190724_085522979.jpg
    IMG_20190724_085522979.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20190724_085853141.jpg
    IMG_20190724_085853141.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 88
  • inner_plant.jpg
    inner_plant.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 109
Does tiger bloom go bad? I see in your first post you change to a new bottle which the content looked different to you, and after this you say they started to go bad, so just a thought.

Most nutes say they are good for about 2yrs

If the content looked way different, I'd check the made on date or numbers on the bottle and contact them

Me, I'd replace it, $15 is a lot cheaper than loosing yer entire grow

I run qb250 6" from the canopy with zero burning, on my third grow setup like that (plants stretched too much, need to go to flower earlier)
BUT... your pics on the left look exactly like mine did after i used tiger bloom... same brown spots and all. I got lucky and caught it fast enough to save them.. but never again.

I use only jacks now and haven't had a single issue.. plus it's nice using one thing from seed to harvest.. no bloom boosters or anything.

26-30 inches in veg. about 18-20 in flower, and that may have been too close. first time with this light, how far was it recommended for you? I just ordered a monitor receptacle so I can control where driver is turned to.

is this light lacking a dimmer ?

dimming the light at the wall receptacle thru current control will not work.

if that is what you are intending.

led drivers do not work that way. the drivers themselves can be built for external dimming. otherwise it is preset. some preset drivers can be adjusted. messing with the amount of current supplied to the driver itself raises the potential for hazardous events.

be safe. :)

Back
Top Bottom