What should I do?

madmarv0525

I am currently running a 400w hps in my grow tent and I have 6 plants in bloom. They are in sunshine mix no 4 and I have been yielding about 1.5 oz per plant. Should I upgrade to a 1000w light or change something else about my grow? The strains are big grapefruit and blue dream.
20151107_190917.jpg

How long are you vegging for and what are your temps like with the lights on? They look healthy but could be a bit bigger I think.

Are you doing any sort of topping or training?

With 6 plants at 1.5oz per plant your getting 9oz which isn't to bad, my last crop of six under 1000w HPS produced 20oz, but I'm still learning.

Second light is no longer in there

What size pots? tent size? Do you have an in-line?..... I grow in a 4x4x7 with 1000w hps with 8" in-line/carbon filter in 5 gallon pots. I average 4oz per plant minimum. I have 4 plants per tent. I also let them veg for 6 weeks. mine are much bigger than what I see in the pic when I flip. Less plants better light coverage more wattage better set-up less work! Below is a pic of one of my ladies. Can give you more info if you like? Happy Growing!!!

My pots are 3 and 5 gallon geo pots I veg for 3 weeks with some topping my plants don't get over 2 ft tall I'm thinking the light upgrade would be the best way to increase my yields I have no in line fans but my Temps stay between 72-76 lights on 65-70 lights off

Will a 600w give me the same kind of penetration as a 1000w I can't really grow more plants I want the biggest possible plants with the least effort but I was thinking about a 600w light too just figured a 1000 would be better my grow is somewhat perpetual I harvest 3 plants at a time so there are 3 more a few weeks behind currently I have some other plants that have been in veg longer and one of my mother's is in bloom now

My plan was to move the 400 to my veg area to replace the CFL I currently have in there and put a 1000 in bloom to try and grow larger plants instead of more plants

Try a scrog I got 15 zips with 2 plants under 600w hps. It's not just about your light but your grow methods also. :morenutes:

How long was your veg for that yield? :thumb:

With my first post I asked about an in-line fan? You said you didn't have one. You should consider getting one and some fans for some air flow! Cannabis plants love a nice breeze and fresh air in the wild. When growing cannabis indoors, you have the ability to control the air circulation and use your exhaust to create the perfect indoor environment for your garden that mimics the best parts of nature. By venting out the hot air from your grow lights and pulling in fresh air, you will increase your cannabis plant's speed of growth and yields. Do yourself a favor and look up the importance of air circulation for growing. Good ventilation pays for itself! Happy Growing!

I do have other fans and one is rigged for exhaust. But I plan on redoing my grow room to make it bigger and said plan includes a carbon scrubber and inline fan. My area will be at least 6x6 hopefully bigger with at least one 1k light and my 400 will be for veg

I always did a 1000w over 4.5 by 4.5 which is 20.25 sq ft and 49.5w /sq foot.I run my 600w over 3.5 X 3.5. Which is 12.25sq ft or 48.97 sq ft. The watts/sq foot is close enough to be identical but the added 200 watts and the ability to spread out the lights make it far superior to the single 1000w. Pound for pound the 600s will do better because they share light in between them. If I had the choice of two 1000watt lights or three 600watt lights I would choose the 600s every time.

Sounds like a good plan... Wouldn't go much bigger than a 4x4... 1k covers best (imo) 4x4 anything bigger and you lose on the outskirts... I have 4 plants in each 4x4x7 with 1k and get 6oz per plant on average... if you go bigger than I would place 400 (2x) or 600 (2x) in there instead of 1k. Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom