What to grow next

Kimber015

I’ve just popped 5 Strawberry lemonade and 5 Glookies. I wanted 10 Glookies but could only get 5, so I chose the SL. In my haste I didn’t realise it was Sativa dominant.

I’m looking to stick with Barneys Farm. Indica dominant. I will be mainlining the plant.

If anyone has any ideas feel free to send over or journal links I can check out, Thanks!

Well Barney’s Farm was kind enough to send me some free beans and am currently growing Glookies as well. Like you I’m more of an Indica guy myself (but will be doing a more Sativa grow next outing) and was able to get 2 other strains to grow for them. So I’m doing a quadline grow of Glookies, Shiskaberry and Orange Sherbert. All seem to be growing well and after 9 weeks of vegging I will switching to flowering on Sunday. I’ve had Shiskaberry before and liked the buzz off that but have yet to try Orange Sherbert and look forward to trying it soon.

Shiskaberry
2C21E953-CB57-46BB-BB35-292077F57F0E.jpeg

ORANGE SHERBERT
C2A6A3E3-E2CF-4C7C-BAD9-79DBA9A7AF06.jpeg

GLOOKIES
30E1EE70-0AAF-4F7D-A928-38B8C31C5833.jpeg

Hey @Kimber015 good choice running Barney's gear. I've run a few different Barney's strains. I've done Orange Sherbert it's a great strain and quite easy to grow and produced some very nice size buds. It's not the strongest strain out there but has a nice sweet taste I would definitely grow it again.

I've also grown Gorilla Zkittlez. Bit more of a challenging strain in my experience but the end result is some very potent smoke. One tip I can tell you about that strain is it needs support early the branches can hardly support any weight at all.

Right now I'm growing Phantom Og and Blueberry Og they are about 6 weeks into flower. Will see how they turn out but so far I'm really liking Phantom Og it's supposed to be a big yielder we will see I'm growing them in Dwc for the first time.

Just popped 2 X Blue Gelato and 2 X Zkittles
Both are first times for me
3 going into 3 gallon Airpots
1 going into a 6 gallon Octopot.
This will be an exciting grow because it's going to be full of surprises.
New strains....
And this new growing vessel.

The Airpots are going to get the regular treatment.
Coco and perlite 60/40
Charged with Calmag and Great White flush
The Octopot is going to get Promix HP Myco and perlite 60/40
No charging of the media needed, I'm told.... Ok, maybe some Great White

I'll need to pick a candidate for the Octopot in fairly quick order here
It likes to have it's occupant settled in as early as possible.
When I poked my head inot the tent tonight when I got home from work
I noticed that 2 broke surface a little earlier than the other 2
One still hasn't broke surface yet.

In a sign of things I hope not to come........
I had the 2 Zkittle beans in papertowl inside a sealed sandwich bag above the fridge.
So I went to check on them the following morning after checking at midnight
One of the beans is missing.... just gone, disappeared. The other hadn't popped still.
So I put another one in the paper towel without a bath first.
I check again the following morning and one has popped, the other nothing.
I gave it one more day and still nothing. I squashed it in my fingers and soaked a 4th bean.
It popped over night and is now in the ground

It only gets messier here on in :laughtwo: :rolleyes: :p

Well Barney’s Farm was kind enough to send me some free beans and am currently growing Glookies as well. Like you I’m more of an Indica guy myself (but will be doing a more Sativa grow next outing) and was able to get 2 other strains to grow for them. So I’m doing a quadline grow of Glookies, Shiskaberry and Orange Sherbert. All seem to be growing well and after 9 weeks of vegging I will switching to flowering on Sunday. I’ve had Shiskaberry before and liked the buzz off that but have yet to try Orange Sherbert and look forward to trying it soon.

Shiskaberry
2C21E953-CB57-46BB-BB35-292077F57F0E.jpeg

ORANGE SHERBERT
C2A6A3E3-E2CF-4C7C-BAD9-79DBA9A7AF06.jpeg

GLOOKIES
30E1EE70-0AAF-4F7D-A928-38B8C31C5833.jpeg

Thanks for all the info. I liked the look of the shiskaberry, but just saw the flower time and it’s a little too short for me. I’ve got the Glookies on the go and they’ll be flowered together, I use my flower tent to dry everything so I’d have to grow 2 similar strains in regards to flower time.

The shop unfortunately didn’t have orange sherbert so I ended up getting Dos si Dos 33. It’s a new strain from Barneys, so it’ll be interesting to see how I get on with it.

Hey @Kimber015 good choice running Barney's gear. I've run a few different Barney's strains. I've done Orange Sherbert it's a great strain and quite easy to grow and produced some very nice size buds. It's not the strongest strain out there but has a nice sweet taste I would definitely grow it again.

I've also grown Gorilla Zkittlez. Bit more of a challenging strain in my experience but the end result is some very potent smoke. One tip I can tell you about that strain is it needs support early the branches can hardly support any weight at all.

Right now I'm growing Phantom Og and Blueberry Og they are about 6 weeks into flower. Will see how they turn out but so far I'm really liking Phantom Og it's supposed to be a big yielder we will see I'm growing them in Dwc for the first time.

Thank you for all the info, really is appreciated.

I couldn’t get the orange sherbert so I went with Dos si Dos 33. I’m currently growing Gorilla Zkittlez for the 2nd time. 5 weeks into flower, done 5 weeks Veg. I didn’t find the issue with the stems not holding up very well. I took 24oz off 8 plants on my last grow, so far my current ones are looking better than the last.

Did you train your GZ? I didn’t do any training other than some defol.

I thought about DWC but I just didn’t find the time to sort anything out so I’m just sticking with soil. Is your current journal in your signature?

Just popped 2 X Blue Gelato and 2 X Zkittles
Both are first times for me
3 going into 3 gallon Airpots
1 going into a 6 gallon Octopot.
This will be an exciting grow because it's going to be full of surprises.
New strains....
And this new growing vessel.

The Airpots are going to get the regular treatment.
Coco and perlite 60/40
Charged with Calmag and Great White flush
The Octopot is going to get Promix HP Myco and perlite 60/40
No charging of the media needed, I'm told.... Ok, maybe some Great White

I'll need to pick a candidate for the Octopot in fairly quick order here
It likes to have it's occupant settled in as early as possible.
When I poked my head inot the tent tonight when I got home from work
I noticed that 2 broke surface a little earlier than the other 2
One still hasn't broke surface yet.

In a sign of things I hope not to come........
I had the 2 Zkittle beans in papertowl inside a sealed sandwich bag above the fridge.
So I went to check on them the following morning after checking at midnight
One of the beans is missing.... just gone, disappeared. The other hadn't popped still.
So I put another one in the paper towel without a bath first.
I check again the following morning and one has popped, the other nothing.
I gave it one more day and still nothing. I squashed it in my fingers and soaked a 4th bean.
It popped over night and is now in the ground

It only gets messier here on in :laughtwo: :rolleyes: :p

You had me laughing when you said one seed disappeared, I’m curious did you ever find where it went :D

How are you finding the airpots? I struggled to choose between the airpots and fabric ones but ended up choosing the fabric instead.

Hello, if Indica is your go to i strongly suggest Northern Lights, Critical Sherbet Queen all from Royal Queen Seeds, the Northern Lights is 100% Indica but it can stretch nearly 3x the size in flower, Critical is compact but can produce huge yields and the Sherbet Queen is a compact short flowering beauty, bud structure starts maturing around the end of week 4 so you need to have all the available light straight away.

I'm going to be growing Critical in the next few weeks when they arrive and Northern Lights following, these are oldie strains but they still have so much to offer and prove!

Good luck buddy!

Hello, if Indica is your go to i strongly suggest Northern Lights, Critical Sherbet Queen all from Royal Queen Seeds, the Northern Lights is 100% Indica but it can stretch nearly 3x the size in flower, Critical is compact but can produce huge yields and the Sherbet Queen is a compact short flowering beauty, bud structure starts maturing around the end of week 4 so you need to have all the available light straight away.

I'm going to be growing Critical in the next few weeks when they arrive and Northern Lights following, these are oldie strains but they still have so much to offer and prove!

Good luck buddy!

Oddly enough I nearly got the northern lights no more than a couple of hours ago from the shop. He had suggested that but I was thinking to stick with Barneys.

I think next time I’m going to try some nothern lights, I haven’t smoked it in a while but I did enjoy it when I did.

Thank you for all the info, really is appreciated.

I couldn’t get the orange sherbert so I went with Dos si Dos 33. I’m currently growing Gorilla Zkittlez for the 2nd time. 5 weeks into flower, done 5 weeks Veg. I didn’t find the issue with the stems not holding up very well. I took 24oz off 8 plants on my last grow, so far my current ones are looking better than the last.

Did you train your GZ? I didn’t do any training other than some defol.

I thought about DWC but I just didn’t find the time to sort anything out so I’m just sticking with soil. Is your current journal in your signature?
Nice going getting 24 oz off your Gz I'd be pretty happy with that. I did lst training and defoilation wity my Gz. I stripped them just before putting them into flower then again on day 21of flower. I made a bonehead mistake with them though and accidentally bumped my timer to constant power switching them from 12/12 to 24 hrs didn't realize until they started to reveg :rolleyes: I switched it back and still managed 14oz off 4 plants not too bad but would have been better.

I'll post a link to my current journal if you want to check it out. Skip to the end for the current stuff.

Yeah for my 1st ever grow I was pretty happy with that. I had a little mold and lost a couple main colas, but that was from forgetting to turn on the dehumidifier.

I did some defol just before flip and some more at 21 days into flower on my current grow of GZ, plants are just so bushy without doing it.

Yeah I’ll read through it, I want to start training plants so it’ll be good to see how yours have got on.

Back
Top Bottom