What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Whats your dry and cure process?
I trim wet and hang branches inside boxes. The RH in the grow room is running about 45% this time of year. Both those harvests hung 5 days and were jarred when I can crack a branch or even a bract. All those jars currently had RH approximately 50% which I consider a bit low so I went ahead and added a 62% Boveda pack. They should stabilize but I'll watch them closely.

I burp those jars daily for about 1 month and then I'll pack them away. Every jar will get a Boveda 62% for long term storage if they didn't get one earlier.

Nothing scientific here just that storage has always been glass jars. I don't grow to sell the stuff. My preference is to give it away. My goal is to achieve a mild smoke and the best in this house is a Jack Herer vintage 2016 and my current daily driver is a 2016 Chemdawg.

I was diagnosed with COPD in March and of course they want me to give up cigarettes and the lady who administered one of the breathing tests strongly suggested using a vaporizer. She also gave me her opinion that my cannabis smoking allowed me to score extremely high on her tests as cannabis smokers generally fully expand their lungs.

I occasionally use a Flowermate 5 for vaping flower and a Vaper Brothers Eleven for concentrates. I like them both but probably need a desktop vaporizer but I like combustion the best.

I trim wet and hang branches inside boxes. The RH in the grow room is running about 45% this time of year. Both those harvests hung 5 days and were jarred when I can crack a branch or even a bract. All those jars currently had RH approximately 50% which I consider a bit low so I went ahead and added a 62% Boveda pack. They should stabilize but I'll watch them closely.

I burp those jars daily for about 1 month and then I'll pack them away. Every jar will get a Boveda 62% for long term storage if they didn't get one earlier.

Nothing scientific here just that storage has always been glass jars. I don't grow to sell the stuff. My preference is to give it away. My goal is to achieve a mild smoke and the best in this house is a Jack Herer vintage 2016 and my current daily driver is a 2016 Chemdawg.

I was diagnosed with COPD in March and of course they want me to give up cigarettes and the lady who administered one of the breathing tests strongly suggested using a vaporizer. She also gave me her opinion that my cannabis smoking allowed me to score extremely high on her tests as cannabis smokers generally fully expand their lungs.

I occasionally use a Flowermate 5 for vaping flower and a Vaper Brothers Eleven for concentrates. I like them both but probably need a desktop vaporizer but I like combustion the best.

I have a desktop vaporizer you’re welcome to. Of course, you’d probably use it as much as I do Jim, and it’s been packed away for months and months. :laughtwo: I prefer a small water pipe myself. All those years of training to appreciate combustion.... I honestly don’t see myself giving it up for vaporization.

I have a desktop vaporizer you’re welcome to. Of course, you’d probably use it as much as I do Jim, and it’s been packed away for months and months. :laughtwo: I prefer a small water pipe myself. All those years of training to appreciate combustion.... I honestly don’t see myself giving it up for vaporization.

Right after I posted I filled the Flowermate up with some ground It's It Punch flower. Two sessions later I was overloaded for about an hour and then slept for 2 hours. Maybe a chamber load is too much or maybe the vapor just sneaked up on me. Either way it's all good now but I'll be using my little spoon pipe for any evening tokes.

Veg tent update: All clones in here of one thing or another. I have a Sour Angel mom from clone in the tent but wasn't able to get a cut to root since I gave a clone to @beez0404 back in January. I finally got 3 cuts to root and they went into 1 gallon plastic pots yesterday. Anyway I have plans to put the mom outside if I can find a safe spot. Then again I might not.

It's It Punch was put into re-veg mode a couple weeks after I harvested her. I did a second harvest on her and cleaned many of the small flowers up and I'll try to take more flower material off again. Down low she has some of those funky leaves beginning.

I've topped and trimmed this Sour Angel several times just trying to maintain some control. I also treat it harshly by letting her get too dry at times.

Chemdawg clone. She needs to be topped and stuff at the bottom needs to be trimmed off.

I took all the ugly lowers off of Jellium this morning. I'm really looking forward to growing this one.

It was also difficult for me to get some roots from the It's It Punch but I got this one to go in perlite then transplanted to my soil. I have 2 more cuts in the kitchen window which may or may not live much longer.

Chem 91 x Aliendog Cherry. This one smells so good in the jar and the genetics blend well for a powerful combination. She's high class high. Another cut went into soil yesterday.

I've been dragging around this Pakistan Valley for a couple of years now. Surely she will find a mate one of these days.

3 Sour Angel, another Chemdawg and Chem cross had enough roots through the rock wool cubes to be transplanted into soil yesterday. I expect a couple will self top in the next week to 10 days.

That's all I got folks. I guess I'll work on vaping more and I may start some infused coconut oil. I might want to make some brownies this weekend. We shall see. :bongrip:

I have a Sour Angel mom from clone in the tent but wasn't able to get a cut to root since I gave a clone to @beez0404 back in January.

Oh Sure! Blame me for your inability to get a Sour Angel cutting to root....LOL :rofl:

I cloned for a long time before I started using seeds. I had a great method that was close to 100%, then I kicked over to Beez'z method. Fantastic results, clones root faster, and are embracing the brave new world with 14 days. That being said my first attempt was a fail but once I got dialed in, there's no stopping a Beez0404 Clone!

I love vaping too, I got one of those Kind Pen's. The taste of the terps and trichs is amazing, go level red for altered reality!

I cloned for a long time before I started using seeds.
What I have done here with my cloning just complicates what I want to do.

My first grow was bag seed of fairly decent quality but I haven't any idea what it was. It was grown in a small cabinet which I immediately determined was inadequate so I stretched out into a 4 x 4 tent and started growing some quality genetics beginning with Jack Herer and White Widow.

Following that was a few autos and Blue Dream, Chemdawg, Amherst Sour Diesel and a Panama. Around this time I also got a Master Kush male and pollinated the Panama with that boy.

A bit after this I was cloning and reversing sex with STS and making S1 seeds with the Blue Dream. I followed that by an Ultra Dawg (or Dog) grow which also had a male which was used to back cross the UD. A 3 x 3 tent was added then for overflow plants.

Then a west coast angel gifted me about 40 seeds of breeders on the cutting edge of whatever is going on out there. Here's an example of some of the seeds that were included.

BreederName
AnnunukiSunlounger F2
Barney's FarmPineapple Chunk
Barney's FarmCookies Kush
BC Bud DepotGirl Scout Cookies
BlimBurn SeedsChemdog #4
BlimBurn SeedsGrizzly Purple Kush
Cali Connection818 Headband
Cali ConnectionBoss Hogg
CannaradoPuckin' Genius
CannaradoTK 91
Compound GeneticsCherry Bomb Gelato
Compound GeneticsPineapple Faanta
CSI HumboldtBig Bad Bubba
CSI HumboldtSlo Flo
Cult ClassicSunset Strip
Cult ClassicSupreme Ruler

So last grow I found keepers which were all cloned but I'm a bit of an explorer and want to grow everything above and that listing is only about one-third of the seeds.

It's quite a dilemma. At some point I'm sure I'll start a seed or two and the clone count will dwindle.

Looking good in the veg tent Magic :bravo: I’ll join the grow show if you don’t mind. Sounds like you’ve got loads of exciting genetics coming up soon! :morenutes:

Welcome aboard @irie lion . Yep....lots of different genetics and I'm starting to love them all.

Fighting out of a Philadelphia locker is the Jellium clone just getting her roots in the medium and is almost ready for a topping here soon. The sample of this herb kicks ass .... as does the Mandarin Zkittlez sample.

:bongrip:

@MagicJim I wish I had your photography skills my friend! Since I got my initial Chem 91 X Cherry Aliendawg clone from you when you visited I thought I would share a couple quick photos of the one I am currently flowering out. Today she is at flip + 41 days. This is my second grow of this strain. The first one I harvested at flip + 62 days. I'm thinking this one I am going to try to let go to day 70 before harvesting it. This one is a much prettier plant then the first one.

Back
Top Bottom